Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. (1391 Views)

Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust / Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Case To Remove “In God We Trust” From Money / Dear God, Why... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 6:54am On Jan 03, 2021
Nigerians love God. Muslims love God. Christians love God. They all love the Nigerian God. Unfortunately, the Nigerian God is loud. His presence in a neighborhood is a security risk. So the first thing Nigerians do when they acquire education, enlightenment, wealth and power is to lock him out of their neighborhood.

My friend lives in a well planned estate somewhere in Ogun state. There is only one way to enter and to exit, and it is manned by well trained security men. Every house within that estate is residential. There is no shop, no school, no mosque, no church. Not even house fellowship! Needless to say that the opportunity for loitering within that neighborhood is effectively zero. In the five years that my friend has lived there, not one petty theft has been reported.

The irony is obvious, isn't it? The residents of that quiet estate leave their quiet neighborhood to worship the loud Nigerian God in churches in another neighborhood just outside the gate of their estate. Here, the rest of humanity lives. Here, the one-church-per-street rule of the RCCG is alive and well. Here every third house is a church or a mosque. Here there is loitering, stealing and armed robbery on a regular basis. The presence of God is a security risk and a source of environmental pollution. The residents of Quiet Estate know this and they decided to lock God out. If they need to see God they visit him in the next neighborhood, shout at the top of their lungs and return to their quiet estate. Because they are powerful and smart enough to build their God's house in a neighborhood where the inhabitants are too powerless, too unenlightened and too poor to reject the noise and security risk.

If the inhabitants of Quiet Estate love their God that much, why don't they house him in their quiet and safe estate? That is your Nigerian religious hypocrisy, staring right in your face.

By Dr. Olayinka

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by operAhdam: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2021
Happy sunday brother cool
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 7:33am On Jan 03, 2021
operAhdam:
Happy sunday brother cool

The same to you sir.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by doggedfighter(f): 7:45am On Jan 03, 2021
Nigerians don't love God . They just need something to cling unto and the concept of God fits that thing.

Many know the truth about religion but is like an opium in a messed up country like Nigeria where things are not working.

It helps you forget and keeps you hopeful though false

7 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2021
doggedfighter:
Nigerians don't love God . They just need something to cling unto and the concept of God fits that thing.

Many know the truth about religion but is like an opium in a messed up country like Nigeria where things are not working.

Exactly my dear.

It is as Karl Marx puts it so succinctly in 1844, the opium of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by hakeem4(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2021
doggedfighter:

the idea of god just gives people hope in this cruel world. Everyone needs something to cling on to.

Like taiye solarin said people hold on unto their god as drunk men hold the street lamp post for support

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Molahnelson(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2021
We like to believe that we love God but our actions are always contradicting

2 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2021
Molahnelson:
We like to believe that we love God but our actions are always contradicting

My brother we don't love god(s).

We need an escape from this harsh reality.

This is why only the poor are zealous with religion.

Nigeria is a country of 200 million people where only 20% have more than 500k in their bank accounts. In other words, a nation of poor people.

In rich countries, religion is dying because a lot of people are comfortable. Look at places like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Japan then look at Nigeria, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc.

Which is more religious and which is richer?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

My brother we don't love god(s).

We need an escape from this harsh reality.

This is why only the poor are zealous with religion.

Nigeria is a country of 200 million people where only 20% have more than 500k in their bank accounts. In other words, a nation of poor people.

In rich countries, religion is dying because a lot of people are comfortable. Look at places like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Japan then look at Nigeria, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc.

Which is more religious and which is richer?
this your statement no follow o
Is Qatar,Kuwait not religious?
Evangelistic groups are largest in the USA
The USA is very religious also(but not compellingly like the aforementioned
Aren't they comfortable?
Are Spain,Portugal,Italy not largely catholic?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

Aren't they comfortable?

theFilmtricsay

Can you compare Kuwait, UAE, Qatar and even Saudi Moslems to Nigerian or Pakistani Moslems?

They're in no way close?

USA, a country that is sliding into the second world. Only the bible belt in the south is ultra religious. The Southern parts of the US like Flint for example is worse than many places in Nigeria.

You need a bit more exposure sir.

Finally, please Google the drop in church attendance across Western Europe. That should answer your question about Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Where there is comfort, religion dies.

4 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

Aren't they comfortable?

theFilmtricsay

The countries I mentioned for you, you largely skipped them. That's alright tho.

Lemme ask you one of my own.

Why do Nigerians not allow churches to built in Estates?

Why?

I grew up in Sokoh Estate, Airport road, Warri. Very quiet place with well trimmed hedges. High brow too and expensive.

There was no church in it.

I have travelled around this country and I have yet to enter an estate or gated community with a church in it.

2 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
Is god not important?
Why is he locked out of the most comfortable places we can afford to live in?

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

Can you compare Kuwait, UAE, Qatar and even Saudi Moslems to Nigerian or Pakistani Moslems?

They're in no way close?

USA, a country that is sliding into the second world. Only the bible belt in the south is ultra religious. The Southern parts of the US like Flint for example is worse than many places in Nigeria.

You need a bit more exposure sir.

Finally, please Google the drop in church attendance across Western Europe. That should answer your question about Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Where there is comfort, religion dies.
Yes I can
They're all muslims
Only that the tans are more violent
Kuwait's currency~K.dinar is the most valuable in the world now=2.5$ and they are very religious
About USA it doesn't change the fact that they are comfortable
About the Iberian peninsula and Italy they are still the most religious Christians/catholics I don't need to google anything
About exposure I'm far more exposed than you think I am

atheistandproud:

The countries I mentioned for you, you largely skipped them. That's alright tho.

Lemme ask you one of my own.

Why do Nigerians not allow churches to built in Estates?

Why?

I grew up in Sokoh Estate, Airport road, Warri. Very quiet place with well trimmed hedges. High brow too and expensive.

There was no church in it.

I have travelled around this country and I have yet to enter an estate or gated community with a church in it.
Simple they don't sell the land to them 'cause the estates are residential
You're reading a very wrong meaning to a simple factor

theFilmtricsay

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

Yes I can
They're all muslims
Only that the tans are more violent
Kuwait's currency~K.dinar is the most valuable in the world now=2.5$ and they are very religious
About USA it doesn't change the fact that they are comfortable
About the Iberian peninsula and Italy they are still the most religious Christians/catholics I don't need to google anything
About exposure I'm far more exposed than you think I am

Simple they don't sell the land to them 'cause the estates are residential
You're reading a very wrong meaning to a simple factor

theFilmtricsay

Why are Moslems from the oil rich Arabian peninsula not as violent as other Moslems from Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc?

Comfort. That's it.

Women drive in those places, tourists can have a good time, award ceremonies are held there, beauty pageants unkor?

Then moving on, so those streets where churches built, do you mean to tell me that those aren't residential areas too?

So people don't live there? Is that what you mean?

The usual attack dogs have seen this post and bypassed it because there's no case to argue.

The well to do don't take religion seriously. In fact, they don't want it anywhere near them.

Pay 450k a year rent and one church will wake you on Sunday with speakers. Because of why na?

In Sokoto here, there's no mosque near govt house. There's one small one inside where they pray. it does not have any loud speakers at all.

Religion is for the poor.

5 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2021

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
I also took the liberty of visiting Wikipedia for you.
Since you refused to do so yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

comfortable or not
They are all very religious muslims who practice sharia
They are for building houses(estates) and most of the Owners are private individuals who didn't plan on religious settings the plan of such estates are residential buildings you won't see any factory as well
Schools are very scarce

theFilmtricsay

In other words, you agree with me that the owners of that estate as well as the inhabitants are hypocrites since in your own words "they didn't plan on the religious settings i.e god".

3 Likes

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

Why are Moslems from the oil rich Arabian peninsula not as violent as other Moslems from Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc?

Comfort. That's it.

Women drive in those places, tourists can have a good time, award ceremonies are held there, beauty pageants unkor?

Then moving on, so those streets where churches built, do you mean to tell me that those aren't residential areas too?

So people don't live there? Is that what you mean?

The usual attack dogs have seen this post and bypassed it because there's no case to argue.

The well to do don't take religion seriously. In fact, they don't want it anywhere near them.

Pay 450k a year rent and one church will wake you on Sunday with speakers. Because of why na?

In Sokoto here, there's no mosque near govt house. There's one small one inside where they pray. it does not have any loud speakers at all.

Religion is for the poor.
comfortable or not
They are for building houses(estates) and most of the Owners are private individuals who didn't plan on religious settings the plan of such estates are residential buildings you won't see any factory as well
Schools are very scarce
You think so because most of atheists are well to do?
Well atheists are more likely to be rich because they have more liberty
They are more likely to do what is right in their sight
They aren't following any doctrine whatsoever
They can do what is “sin” in religions since there's no God
They can cheat,defraud etc if it is good in their sight
Ain't I right?

I wonder how this world would be if everybody where atheists

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by zakkyzakes: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:
Is god not important?

Why is he locked out of the most comfortable places we can afford to live in?
i swear i'm sieving out hypocricy from religion this year i'm sick of letting these clerics Bleep with my mind,imagine a cleric sayin we should'nt reply greeting talk of eating chrismas food whilst others're saying we should'nt mind em and even go as far as doing our own crossover and i was like wtf! are'nt u following the same QURAN!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by LordReed(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
LMAO! I too live in Quiet Estate and have a pastor as a neighbour. Not a single pim. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

In other words, you agree with me that the owners of that estate as well as the inhabitants are hypocrites since in your own words "they didn't plan on the religious settings i.e god".
simple
They want to maximise profit
They can't make as much money if they allowed churches/mosques
And the inhabitants can always go out to worship

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

comfortable or not
Schools are very scarce
You think so because most of atheists are well to do?
Well atheists are more likely to be rich because they have more liberty
They are more likely to do what is right in their sight
They aren't following any doctrine whatsoever
They can do what is “sin” in religions since there's no God
They can cheat,defraud etc if it is good in their sight
Ain't I right?

I wonder how this world would be if everybody where atheists

theFilmtricsay

You don't need to wonder.

Check out Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Korea, Japan and even New Zealand.

That's how the world ought to be.

We're running from our religious countries to those places. Why is that you think?
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
LordReed:
LMAO! I too live in Quiet Estate and have a pastor as a neighbour. Not a single pim. Bwahahahahaha!

So you think say pastor no like better things abi?

That same man will drive out to his church in a low income residential neighborhood and use loud speakers to disturb people who are just trying to survive.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
zakkyzakes:
i swear i'm sieving out hypocricy from religion this year i'm sick of letting these clerics Bleep with my mind,imagine a cleric sayin we should'nt reply greeting talk of eating chrismas food whilst others're saying we should'nt mind em and even go as far as doing our own crossover and i was like wtf! are'nt u following the same QURAN!

My gee, you have to.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

simple
They want to maximise profit
They can't make as much money if they allowed churches/mosques
And the inhabitants can always go out to worship

theFilmtricsay

Exactly!

You keep proving my point.

I have seen factories in estates.

Sachet and Bottled water factories, bakeries, printing presses, cold rooms etc.

But never ever a church.

Yet the same owners will go and claim they're serving a living god blah blah blah.

Yet their God is money and profit.

Do you see the hypocrisy now?
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by zakkyzakes: 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

My gee, you have to.
yeah but sir why did u have to turn an atheist m quiet curios
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

You don't need to wonder.

Check out Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Korea, Japan and even New Zealand.

That's how the world ought to be.

We're running from our religious countries to those places. Why is that you think?
are you kidding me
You think the absence of religion made them peaceful?
And which of the Koreas are you talking about?
SK isn't religious
NK also isn't and its a mess
Since you largely mentioned European countries
I hope you know that only “9.3%” are atheists
Stop trying to tie Nigeria's(Africa's) poverty to religion
It has nothing to do with it
I hope you don't bring your children up with this mindset

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

Exactly!

You keep proving my point.

I have seen factories in estates.

Sachet and Bottled water factories, bakeries, printing presses, cold rooms etc.

But never ever a church.

Yet the same owners will go and claim they're serving a living god blah blah blah.

Yet their God is money and profit.

Do you see the hypocrisy now?
I have also seen churches in estates(though very scarce)
That's the problem of the owners
Can you tell me the real reason you're athiest?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

are you kidding me
You think the absence of religion made them peaceful?
And which of the Koreas are you talking about?
SK isn't religious
NK also isn't and its a mess
Since you largely mentioned European countries
I hope you know that [b]only “9.3%” are atheists
Stop trying to tie Nigeria's(Africa's) poverty to religion
It has nothing to do with it
I hope you don't bring your children up with this mindset

theFilmtricsay

Now you're moving away from the argument to something personal. I won't take the bait.

Of course I was referring to the South.

At this point, you're out of points.

If I think the absence of religion, yeah totally.

Compare South Korea or Denmark to France for example. Which one is more peaceful?

Compare Japan to Southern USA or Nigeria. Which one is more peaceful?

Stop jumping all over the place.

The topic was about enlightened, educated and well to do Nigerians locking out god from their places of residence and moving him to be with the poor.

I have sufficiently proven this hypocrisy beyond reasonable doubt. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
zakkyzakes:
yeah but sir why did u have to turn an atheist m quiet curios

Evidence.

Besides Subjectivism, there's no empirical evidence that is quantifiably verifiable to support the existence of a god or gods.

modified:

By Subjectivism I mean, most people base their beliefs in god on personal experience rather than objective facts.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by zakkyzakes: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

Evidence.

Besides Subjectivism, there's no empirical evidence that is quantifiably verifiable to support the existence of a god or gods.
wow that means you don't believe in magic or whatever but no kidding i've witnessed some magic even though its unorthodox i've seen em
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
zakkyzakes:
wow that means you don't believe in magic or whatever but no kidding i've witnessed some magic even though its unorthodox i've seen em

There is always a trick that only the magicians know.

There was one native doctor who was seriously beaten up when I was still growing up in Warri.

He had made odeshi (bulletproof) for some boys and had "tested it but some of them died especially during the Warri inter ethnic crisis.

The truth was he used blanks to test the charm that he made. His hapless clients didn't realize that the native doctor was firing blanks.

There's always a trick my guy, one day breeze go blow fowl nyansh open.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

STEALING ONES GLORY THROUGH SHAKING OF HANDS? / One Major Symptom Of False Religion. / Did Anyone Hear The Atheist On Radio Yesterday? (nigeria Info FM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.