Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? (21361 Views)

My Dressing For Work Today With Possible Undies / Hair Dressing And Tailoring Which Is Better / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Skillsnigeria: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by mrkings84(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
Where you day work?

I don read the epistle now, so I will suggest you check out Pastor David Ibiyomie's pictures, he is a good dresser
Also, you have your lecturersbin school and in the hospital, check out how they dress you may get something from them.

As for deodorant, there are several men's brands (tho I'm not a fan of it)
As one working in medical field, you need to always look clean and smart so always cut your hair, beards and nails regularly to avoid....

Cheers!
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by abobote: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Next pls
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
Methinks you should face your studies first.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Dreadlock69(m): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
Start smoking loud and get your preferred alcoholic maybe jekomo or action bitters don’t do beer and the rest.

Find nice palms and foot wear not necessary sneakers

Invest on nice jeans from 9k upwards

Invest on quality shirt /polo , stick to black , blue , white don’t buy something flashy.

Get a jacket black or blue

Get a cross bag and a bag

Wear a perfume “ maybe color me”

Pierce your ears

Draw tattoos somewhere hidden like a handband tattoo , this is optional

Keep a full hair , if you love dread you can also do it.

Keep a lighter with you

Get a expensive phone maybe xr or xs , with this your neutral and not flashy

Get one standby hookup girl wey you go dey pay from time to time

Study a good course not a useless course

Accounting yes

Mass communication No

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
embarassed
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by GreatCIS(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
I think the focus should be more on improving those things that make you unique - not necessarily to fit into the status quo. As a medical student, your career life will eventually dominate other aspects of your life to a large extent. This means your fashion style, grooming et al are already determined par say. Work on just being original perhaps with panache. Write me via greatchibueze@gmail.com if you care for more detailed responses to your inquiry. Blessings!
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by jojothaiv(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sherlock Holmes' attitude to VANITY.....

Could you please shed more light on the above?
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Dreadlock69:
Start smoking loud and get your preferred alcoholic maybe jekomo or action bitters don’t do beer and the rest.

Find nice palms and foot wear not necessary sneakers

Invest on nice jeans from 9k upwards

Invest on quality shirt /polo , stick to black , blue , white don’t buy something flashy.

Get a jacket black or blue

Get a cross bag and a bag

Wear a perfume “ maybe color me”

Pierce your ears

Draw tattoos somewhere hidden like a handband tattoo , this is optional

Keep a full hair , if you love dread you can also do it.

Keep a lighter with you

Get a expensive phone maybe xr or xs , with this your neutral and not flashy

Get one standby hookup girl wey you go dey pay from time to time

Study a good course not a useless course

Accounting yes

Mass communication No
Will he still be able to focus with all this shocked
You just wan ruin his life with brainless advice.
What a daft person you are

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by GreatCIS(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
Just passing by and struck by your frankness and eagerness. I'm open for friendship to walk you through the paths. Write me via greatchibueze@gmail.com if you care. Blessings!
yungevvy:

Can we be friends?
We seem to have much in common.
I'm a medical student too, currently in preclinical class, I'm a 19 year old. Like you, I'm introverted. I see you follow the masturbation quitting thread, I've been trying to give up the habit too.
Would be really cool to get a reply from you smiley
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by dinodangana(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Focus on improving mind son!
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Walk around nakid
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by GboyegaD(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Make friends with one or two of your classmates you admire their dress sense and intelligence. They sure will help you.

If you are religious, the DLCF and JW brothers can help. They have good dress sense.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Bacvvh7g: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Let me teach you how to close greedy white clients, and Earn in dollars starting today with Instagram!!!
I've got Proofs attached too...

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Dreadlock69(m): 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Anonanon:

Will he still be able to focus with all this shocked
You just wan ruin his life with brainless advice.
What a daft person you are

Now everybody want to tear my shirt
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by almarthins(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Poshvector12345:
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to my first inquiry.

Like most people who write about this sort of thing on nairaland I am introvert. But I don't think it is the reason for my lack of 'proper' grooming and fashion sense.

I say proper because I love the way I am and if it was possible I would stay like this. But in this life, your society will influence you whether you like it or not. 6 months from now I will be 21 and I will no longer be forgiven for my lack of proper male grooming and fashion.

What do I mean? For one, I hate cutting my hair and the small beard I have , talkless of combing it. Picture Woke Soyinka hair and beard, segalink's hair but uncombed, and shellock Holmes' attitude to vanity. Even Nair cutting is laborious.

I have never enter market to buy clothes alone before, all my clothe are bought by mum or my sisters. I follow my dad to buy sew clothe and to buy cover shoes. I don't have and fashion taste or identity.

I am in my fourth year of medical school, ward round and call demand I dress smart and dignified for the comfort of the patient, we are now supposed to wear corporate all days of the week and cheap ties will not do.

Whether I like or not, the way I dress, groom and look in school, church and the hospital is the way I will be addressed.

I would like to share some experience but it won't suffix. I must tell you the truth about modernity in one sense - it has made opposite sex more complicated than our mothers. Most girls and people around you pay acute attention to what you wear. Please, don't make the mistake of wearing bland and shabby dress out, for you will be addressed the way you dress. Lastly, don't spent your hard earn money on expensive Gucci, fendi, Louis Vuitton in name of satisfying the eyes of the society. Dress well!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by redsun(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
ACHIVE YOUR DREAM OF BECOMING A GOOD MEDICAL DOCTOR FIRST BEFORE YOU START WPRRYING ABOUT DRESSING TO IMPRESS IN AN UNTAMED JUNGLE. FOR ALL I CARE,WEAR PANTS LIKE FELA AS LOOK AS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. BUT YOU MUST ALWAYS BE HYGENIC TO BE ABLE TO STAY HEALTY AND ALIVE.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by olawonder(m): 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Poshvector12345:

Like most people who write about this sort of thing on nairaland I am introvert. But I don't think it is the reason for my lack of 'proper' grooming and fashion sense.

I say proper because I love the way I am and if it was possible I would stay like this. But in this life, your society will influence you whether you like it or not. 6 months from now I will be 21 and I will no longer be forgiven for my lack of proper male grooming and fashion.

What do I mean? For one, I hate cutting my hair and the small beard I have , talkless of combing it. Picture Woke Soyinka hair and beard, segalink's hair but uncombed, and shellock Holmes' attitude to vanity. Even Nair cutting is laborious.

I have never enter market to buy clothes alone before, all my clothe are bought by mum or my sisters. I follow my dad to buy sew clothe and to buy cover shoes. I don't have and fashion taste or identity.

I am in my fourth year of medical school, ward round and call demand I dress smart and dignified for the comfort of the patient, we are now supposed to wear corporate all days of the week and cheap ties will not do.

Whether I like or not, the way I dress, groom and look in school, church and the hospital is the way I will be addressed.

Just download Pintrest and look up ‘men fashion’, ‘naija men fashion’, ‘igbo men isiagu’, ‘agbada designs’… etc

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Jaaqofalltrade(m): 7:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
You are a medical student so I can relate.. Book book book no time for stories. You seem like a normal guy though notin spoil.

As even to cut nail dey hard u I hope say u no be dirty boy sha. Just post a pix of ursef make I check somtin first....before I go sidon advise u

E b like say some babes don dey eye u. Guy stay focused ooo
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by purejustice36: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Do you love music or movies ?

You should start with having that one male celebrity you like his dressing style , imitate him

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by EmmyDJourno: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
For cheap clothing and footwear go to Yaba, don’t buy one, try dey but like 2 or 3 items for one shop they would tear discount for you
Get a good deodorant, body Spray and Perfume
Buy enough inner wears, especially boxers, have like 20 to avoid rashes and a clean gbola for your confidence
Clean haircut is needed, get a nice dark hair cream and brush it regularly when dry
You go dey alright las las, you desire to groom yourself better is all you need to get better at it
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Lemmy123(m): 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
purejustice36:
Do you love music or movies ?

You should start with having that one male celebrity you like his dressing style , imitate him

Lights up my kpoli in peace
You too don get kpoli??
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Johel(m): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Poshvector12345:

Come to me and I will teach u...but not for free.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by goody234: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Go on to youtube my guy and get your dress sense from there ....but do the basics get your personal hygiene on that level teeth clean, nails clipped and short.. hair cut regularly ...use nice deodorant and perfume ...u will be fine you don't need expensive clothes just make sure it is clean and stylish
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Lamanii22(f): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pinterest app would help you
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by plantainbender(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2022
cheesy smiley I like your dad already. Na OG

Poshvector12345:

No older brother ohhh and I suspect that my dad was just like this but as he get money he package.
Even till now I have never seen my dad have his own cream or perfume before na my mumsy own he dey use >: grin grin cheesy
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Onaopemiposi2021: 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
If polos are too expensive try jersey,it cheaper and colorful,u can get it for cheap prices ranging from 3500 to 4500 depending on your location,short or long sleeve,oboy na wetin me dey wear all the time be that o bro,jersey on joggers is my style o.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by meobizy(f): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
You’re in school. Ask your peers questions. Na only you wan wear corporate for the class? Everybody will.

Introverts have one, two or three friends. People befriend them against their will. That gives you at least five human beings to ask for information.

Don’t come to disturb our peace next time.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by weareok(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
4th year In medical school,wow
What university?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skin Problem Charts / Mercy Aigbe's Sparkly AMMA Outfit / How To Start A Fabrics Business In Nigeria With Very Small Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.