Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? (15105 Views)

PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / Remi Tinubu Can Never Be First Lady Of Nigeria - Nigerians Tackle Tinubu's Wife / Bakare: Religious Leaders Visit Buhari Just To Take Photographs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Racoon(m): 6:08am On Jan 04, 2021
Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? Femi Orebe

So much is wrong with Nigeria that I personally no longer know what to think or believe.Indeed, I no longer know what to write, having severally repeated myself on issues which, not only I, but even well known friends and sympathisers, of President Buhari, the likes of the Emir of Katsina and His Eminence, the Sultan, have had cause to  say of recent concerning where the President has landed Nigeria.

Even as every organisation that has the flimsiest link to the North: Coalition of Northern Groups, the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, NEF, ACF etc now equates the minutest criticism of the Buhari government to regime change.

So it cannot but be heartwarming that the usually forthright NEF spokesperson-Dr.Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, could still permit hinself to say the following before lunging into his withering criticism of Bishop Kukak:

“There are many grounds to question the competence and sensitivity of President Buhari’s administration.Even his most ardent supporters, if he has any, that is, will wish he has shown greater respect for inclusion and accountability of those he chooses to trust with power. “The nation is paying a heavy price for mediocrity and ineffectiveness in key areas of decision-making under President Buhari”.

With truisms like this, one would not mind putting up with the obsequiousness of Presidential spokespersons, and those other hangers on, who are now so dimwitted they cannot offer the President some honest viewpoints even as Nigeria regresses daily under his watch.

Even some so called honourable members were so unthinking they not only withdrew their invitation to him  on a matter as critical as insecurity, but had to do so on bended knees.Where exactly is honour left amongst  those Nigerians who feed from the national treasury?

I am presently so completely tanked out having written  a whole year too early, on the topic:Annus Horribilis on 29 December, 2019 which would have been most appropriate today, pandemic aside.

Readers will, therefore, please forgive me as I go back all the way to my archives to fetch an article that not only encapsulates the times, but generated as much heat, and trended on social media for well over two weeks, as now does the Bishop Kukah speech, when you take away his deliberately misinterpreted so called call for army take over.

Published, 15 Decenber, 2019, ‘What Is Happening Mr President?, was also deliberately misterpreted by those who either are mischief makers or who simply do not understand the English language, to be lured into thinking that I was on an errand for a particular politician who they say had an axe to grind with the President. 

I had no alternative than to urge them to go read my column from inception which, incidentally, went back to COMET, and so debuted long before The Nation itself. That incidentally is the way of busybodies.That article will now be edited for space constraint.Happy reading.

For those who may not know, I have more than established my bona fides as a supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari. When he was not even sure he would emerge the APC Presidential candidate for 2015, I  had written concerning  him, saying: “Nigeria, in its current dire straits, needs Buhari more than he needs Nigeria”.

This was repeated in a book by the late prof Tam David West when he wrote: “Buhari: The Politics of Age   October 14, 2014:

“Nigeria, in its current dire straits needs Buhari more than he needs Nigeria.” -Femi Orebe.(The Nation on Sunday” September 28, 2014 Page 18).

I write that to show not just where I stand on the Nigerian political spectrum, but to let President Buhari  himself know that in asking what are bound to be thoroughly uncomfortable questions, they are not coming from enemy territory, but from the tortured  soul of a supporter of his, who has been at the receiving end of those Nigerians who say I was one of those who sold them ‘a pig in a poke’, and  the most tribalistic  Nigerian President ever.

In fairness to critics, I have often personally wondered as to how the President still manages to sleep, that is, if he is able to, when he takes a hard look at how the North has come to so completely dominate the Nigerian public space under his watch to the extent that one would be right to say Nigeria is under a Northern stranglehold.

Worse really, is the fact that this seeming internal colonialism shows no signs of remission as various stratagems are still ongoing; examples being the Water Bill as well as the case of the Federal Commission on Nomadic Education, which though has failed, maximally,  in its core function, given the number of out-of-school children in the North, but is now trying, coyly,  to insinuate itself into the contentious grazing reserves matter which is aimed at sexing up Nigeria’s demographics in favour of the Fulani.

As I said earlier, these views of your government are now being shared by core Northerners like one time House of Reps member-Dr Junaid Mohammed, US-based, Farooq A. Kperogi, has in fact gone to the extent of describing your government as ‘Government Of Buhari’s Family, By His Family, And For His Family’.

He wrote further: Before he was sworn in as President in May 2015, Muhammadu Buhari, without prompting from anybody, publicly told his immediate and extended family members to stand back from his incoming government. He even warned that any family member who used his name to peddle influence would face dire consequences.

I was so impressed by this declaration that in my May 16, 2015 column titled “6 Reasons Why Incoming Buhari Government Fills Me with Hope,” I isolated it as one of the six reasons I thought Buhari’s administration would “represent a qualitative departure from the legalised banditry that has passed for governance in Nigeria for so long.”

Specifically, he continued : “Buhari’s symbolic but none-theless significant gestures like telling family members to steer clear of his government and telling aides to obey traffic laws inspire me.”

I remember the President saying all that and I was beside myself with joy. You would, indeed, have ridden a horse in my belly.But all those soon dramatically changed that the First Lady had to cry out, protesting what she called a hijack of your government. I thought that was impossible

If His Excellency would kindly overlook the impertinence, could you please get the Presidency-no, not you in person Mr President, to provide answers to the following posers from a younger friend of mine, a retired Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He taunted me as follows concerning ‘our government’:

“Finance, Customs, Immigration, FIRS, NPA, NNPC, AMCON, NDIC, Federal Mortgage Bank, are now firmly in the hands of Northerners.

Executive, Legislature, the Judiciary, Police, DSS, Armed Forces, minus the CDS, Oil, Airports and Seaports, are  all in the hands of Northerners.

Chief of Army Staff tenure is over. He is still in office. Chief of Air Staff tenure is over. He is still in office.The EFCC  acting Chairman is from the North.

The terms of office of both the FIRS Chairman and DG NIMASA, both southerners’, are over and they were both replaced with Northerners”.
The rout is complete.

As I indicated above, I know that the First Lady  had once observed that you do not know many of  those working in your government, but that notwithstanding, I think it is necessary I remind your Excellency, that Nigeria presently has no less than 250 ethnic groups’, divided into 6 geo – political zones .

Under no circumstances should these things happen as they are  totally unconscionable, and a matter of great discomfort for those of us still supporting you in this part of the country. It is extremely nauseating  that a part can so horribly dominate the rest when those others are no slaves.

No genuine supporter of yours in the South can be happy, or roll out the drums for this state of affairs as they are  not only unthinkable, but totally ungodly. It is  even worse, given Nigeria’s current realities of mass poverty and unremitting insecurity.

Unfortunately, Nigerians are not hearing a word from APC leaders in other parts of the country who toiled with you in forming the party on which  you rode to power, thus heedlessly, and selfishly, disappointing those they led to  the party.

Whatever you can do to correct these ungodly acts will be of great  help not only to your party, but will molify the people somewhat, and most probably, secure a positive legacy for you.Otherwise all your contributions to Nigeria, at this extremely difficult times, may come to naught, which I pray, God forbid” Concluding, Nigerians are in your hands O Lord

https://thenationonlineng.net/is-president-buhari-just-plain-unconcerned-what-becomes-of-nigeria-and-nigerians/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

9 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Racoon(m): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2021
“There are many grounds to question the competence and sensitivity of President Buhari’s administration. Even his most ardent supporters, if he has any, that is, will wish he has shown greater respect for inclusion and accountability of those he chooses to trust with power.

“The nation is paying a heavy price for mediocrity and ineffectiveness in key areas of decision-making under President Buhari”.
-NEF spokesperson-Dr.Hakeem Baba-Ahmed,
Same thing Col.Umar Dangiwa, Junaid Mohammed, Rev.Father Kukah said.Buhari does not care because nepotism is his inherent trait in life while he does not listens.

Rotimi Amaechi once said it in an unguarded outburst. Where are his mummified zombies? Come to defend the lifeless president again.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Yenefer(f): 6:16am On Jan 04, 2021
Evo bastard

4 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:34am On Jan 04, 2021
Nothing is becoming of me because I've already prepared for the worst so, I ain't surprised about Buhari's actions and inactions.

Tinubu and his Nation news outlet should leave the wailing for us

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Racoon(m): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2021
"....Buhari’s undoing is his wonted predilection for hierarchising ethnicity, religion and loyalty above competence.

Since 1999, no president has obtrusively shown a more nepotistic aspect than Buhari.......As it was in 1984 under General Buhari, so it is in 2016 and 2020 under President Buhari."
https://www.thecable.ng/buharis-legacy-of-recessions

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Azmanaty: 6:42am On Jan 04, 2021
The man is plain wicked and evil; and to top it all, he is very clueless

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Yujin(m): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2021
This 2021 will reveal to even the dumbest southerner the intent of those ruling Nigeria at the present. If you can't defend your ancestral land better run away now. Those who are ready should buckle up and stand at alert. After the dust settles, we shall rejoice in enjoying the freedom we deserve.
I pity those who think they still have a country.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Bossontop(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2021
Let him just stay away sef let d country continue running on auto pilot.....i just no wan dey see am

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by ChoCho54(f): 7:25am On Jan 04, 2021
Much Ado about nothing! Didn't we warn that a leopard never changes it's prints.

Any one who knowing buhari and his 1984 outing but still supported him to power in 2015 is the one Nigerians should hold responsible.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by WibusJaga: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2021
Ok.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by TopDesign49: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
It is well
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Eriggs: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Personally, I would like President Muhammadu Buhari to run for third term to enable him complete all the wonderful things he started... Why the restriction sef? undecided .. If Nigerians don't want him, we'll simply vote him out.. It happened to Goodluck Jonathan.. It even happened to Donald Trump in faraway US... The people brought them in... The same people rejected them... So let us be the ones to reject President Muhammadu Buhari... If we say he should rule forever, SO BE IT!

On that note, I call on the National Assembly to make the neccessary amendments and repeal that barbaric law as it's anti-people! Let the people be the ones to decide who becomes President and who doesn't... That's how it should be... THE PEOPLE have SPOKEN.. WE WANT PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND SO BE IT!

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Wailers as you can see the post above and below,
15 million people that voted for him and other millions more still love Baba PMB and outnumbered the wailers angry that their corrupt fathers are no more in power

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by espn(m): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
Vert unconcerned...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Eriggs: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
ChoCho54:
Much Ado about nothing! Didn't we warn that a leopard never changes it's prints.

Any one who knowing buhari and his 1984 outing but still supported him to power in 2015 is the one Nigerians should hold responsible.
no, Nigerians will hold you that support criminals, cultists, looters that looted the lives of your unborn children for 16 years with nothing to show for it responsible for what your thieves and criminals put us through for 16 wasted years.
And now you are wailing because there is no stolen money for all of you again. Lazy youths go and work... no more free corrupt money for you and your fellow wailers.
Baba will succeed in this country, nothing you can do about it

3 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by imaxdocuments: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by abragr8: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2021
Someone that is dead cannot be concerned about the affairs of the people alive

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by bigdammyj: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2021
Yes
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by massinola(m): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Dshocker(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
Of course, a president that can't address a nation on a live broadcast or feels less concern for the families that have suffered one attack or the other,nor him sacking all the service chiefs,especially the chief of army staff Burutai Tukur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by jumper524(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
buhari just proove to us that leadership is beyond integrity..
infact competence and intelligence should come first when choosing a leader.

if we are to be honest, there's no doubt buhari commands some level of respect amongst leaders. to command that level of respect, it's either fear or integrity.
we all know majority of them is out of integrity. if the likes of wike can confidently say that.

Now the main failure of buhari is his decision making and his seemingly I don't care attitude.
it's seemingly looks as though he's not concerned about the affairs of the country.
from security to economic policies, buhari doesn't seem to care. it's as though hes not aware.

how people seemingly carry out illegal activities under his watch with the president having zero concerns about the people's cry.

the continuous failure of his service chiefs and the president decision to still keep up with them already tells alot.
I just hope things are not as bad as I'm thinking..

6 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
Why should he be concerned about us

Ask yourself this

Is he a Nigerian?

12 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by HelpYourself(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
Sad indeed
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Starcrest1: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
The president is unaware of himself not to talk of being concerned about Nigerians.

Brilliance is not him.....

9 Likes

Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by ATEAMS: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2021
It's what it's
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by FactBoyz: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Factfinder1(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2021
Yes he is
Re: Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? by Okoroawusa: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2021
Na wa o!

Wailing since 2015. Check out any post or comment by the op. It's either about Tinubu or Buhari. Since 2015 o!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed / N3bn Pension Scam: We Bribed Senate Committee In Dollars — Suspect / APC Abolishes Bot, Faces Cash Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.