Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,687 members, 7,851,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) (365 Views)

Unpaid Salary: Magistrate Collapses During Protest In Calabar / Safiyah Ashipu Protests In Front Of Ayade's Office Over 2 Year Salary Arrears / Fayose Collapses As Policemen Fire Teargas At Him (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by Brika: 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
Magistrate Richard Bassey collapsed on Tuesday in front of the governor’s office during a protest over unpaid salaries for two years.

His colleagues revived him and later took him to a hospital.

Cross River Deputy Governor Prof Ivara Esu drove past the protesting magistrates without stopping to attend to them at the moment the magistrate collapsed.

This is the second day of the protest embarked on by the magistrates after a mother of two sparked the move on Monday, Igbere TV reports.

The magistrates were in their full regalia with various placards on Tuesday.

Speaking on behalf of the magistrates, Solomon Abuo said no government official had addressed them since they began the protest.

“As I speak we are still working. We will continue to protest until we are paid. This is our last resort,” he said.

https://punchng.com/magistrate-collapses-during-protest-in-calabar/?amp=1#click=https:///Z01Cta41KS

Lalasticlala

Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by Restoresp: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is well. I think is high time we start practicing true federalism, because the problem of this country is too much for one person to handle.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by richiemcgold: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2021
I don't want to believe that the magistrate collapsed as a result of hunger. It might be as a result of ailments or something else.
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by collum(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
I know the governor to be a fool and heartless, but I never knew we his foolish status have advanced.... how on earth do u sleep knowing fully well that people In active job cycle are owe 2yrs unpaid salaries...Our politicians get mind oh
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by BlackfireX: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
They should be shot for disturbing and constituting a nuisance to the public...
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by collum(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
richiemcgold:
I don't want to believe that the magistrate collapsed as a result of hunger. It might be as a result of ailments or something else.

if someone have underlining ailments, he need money to take care of himself.. hunger and sickness, money Is the solution
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by ValCon888: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
If the judiciary was truly independent, these magistrates wouldn't be at the mercy of the governor.

Nigeria is a country where Democracy is not working, separation of powers doesn't exist and the legislative that's meant to check the excesses of the executive are mere rubber-stamps.
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by Raheemzee(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
Want to make money with your phone?
Check my sigi
Re: Magistrate Collapses As Protest Over 2 Year Salary Arrears Enters Day 2 (Photo) by capitalzero: 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Brika:

https://punchng.com/magistrate-collapses-during-protest-in-calabar/?amp=1#click=https:///Z01Cta41KS

Lalasticlala
No sane government should owning magistrates. No wonder our prisons are congested. Frustrated magistrates are not threat to justice. They are humans.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Has Integrity Lessons To Learn From PMB – APC / Fani-kayode, Omokri, Kukah, Melaye, Wike, 6 Others Rated Top Opposition Voice / 1000 Youths Benefit From Prince Babatunde Saliu Empowerment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.