Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! (1443 Views)

Bomb Blast, Firing In Egypt Mosque Kill 235, Injures 109 / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2021
And by McConnell's "sacking" I mean he will no longer be US Senate Majority Leader.
Finally, after 4yrs of avoiding the United States, where racists, bigots and right-wing extremists were lent an unprecedented level of audacity by Donald Trump and a vast majority of the Republican Party, I can now return to the US with less fear and worry over the colour of my skin.
Damn I mean race relations was somewhat bad even during previous administrations, but, for me, being there during Obama years, and most importantly, residing in Hawaii which is statistically and historically the least racist and most black-friendly American State, the hatred of these days wasn't lent as much oxygen back then.
Latest developments, culminating in the BLM and George Floyd gaining more prominence, meant I always preferred to remain in my jungle of a country, at least na for my country I get mouth pass where I'll always be regarded as a second-class citizen.
But today, things have come full-circle and the Democrats are back in charge of both the Presidency and the Senate. This fact isn't a cure for the madness we're witnessing in the US, but, for me sha, I think hope has been reborn.
Abeg make I go renew my passport...

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by HonKong: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2021
lol
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by chewwie(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:
And by McConnell's "sacking" I mean he will no longer be US Senate Majority Leader.
Finally, after 4yrs of avoiding the United States, where racists, bigots and right-wing extremists were lent an unprecedented level of audacity by Donald Trump and a vast majority of the Republican Party, I can now return to the US with less fear and worry over the colour of my skin.
Damn I mean race relations was somewhat bad even during previous administrations, but, for me, being there during Obama years, and most importantly, residing in Hawaii which is statistically and historically the least racist and most black-friendly American State, the hatred of these days wasn't lent as much oxygen back then.
Latest developments, culminating in the BLM and George Floyd gaining more prominence, meant I always preferred to remain in my jungle of a country, at least na for my country I get mouth pass where I'll always be regarded as a second-class citizen.
But today, things have come full-circle and the Democrats are back in charge of both the Presidency and the Senate. This fact isn't a cure for the madness we're witnessing in the US, but, for me sha, I think hope has been reborn.
So much shit in such few words. How do you getting thinking like this? All you dafties know how to do is scream "racism, bigotry".
Who burnt down Minneapolis, Portland last summer? Not Trump supporters, Biden Antifa supporters.
The terrible race relations was brought on by the media. More white people are shot & killed by cops every year than blacks, but you only hear it when blacks are killed.
Like you, I'm glad Mitch McConnell will no longer be MJL, I'm glad the GOP lost, I want the Democrats to hold both houses of Congress so that Biden's handlers will be able to achieve all their agenda & I'd love to see CNN spin the next 4 years under Biden.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:

So much shit in such few words. How do you getting thinking like this? All you dafties know how to do is scream "racism, bigotry".
Who burnt down Minneapolis, Portland last summer? Not Trump supporters, Biden Antifa supporters.
The terrible race relations was brought on by the media. More white people are shot & killed by cops every year than blacks, but you only hear it when blacks are killed.
Like you, I'm glad Mitch McConnell will no longer be MJL, I'm glad the GOP lost, I want the Democrats to hold both houses of Congress so that Biden's handlers will be able to achieve all their agenda & I'd love to see CNN spin the next 4 years under Biden.
Hm! Hot temper.
The instance you provided isn't exactly justified. Just think, all the thievery and looting and criminality that followed in the wake of #EndSars... Need I say more?
That's an analogy to think about. But I understand your feelings.
Meanwhile, I can't find where I left my expired passport o

#daftiesgang grin

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by chewwie(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Hm! Hot temper.
The instance you provided isn't exactly justified. Just think, all the thievery and looting and criminality that followed in the wake of #EndSars... Need I say more?
That's an analogy to think about. But I understand your feelings.
Meanwhile, I can't find where I left my expired passport o

#daftiesgang grin
No, there's a difference.
-#EndSars was a legitimate issue, but the #DefundThePolice & #BLM was a lie.
- #BLM protesters attacked people's homes, restaurants, shops.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:

No, there's a difference.
-#EndSars was a legitimate issue, but the #DefundThePolice & #BLM was a lie.
- #BLM protesters attacked people's homes, restaurants, shops.
There's always a difference, ma mehn.
The crux of the matter with BLM is that being black in America is more a liability than blessing in the land of "the free."
And in that case, ain't no difference bruh. Just like criminal elements hijacked the "legitimate issue" of #EndSars, the same exact thing went down with BLM cos - regardless of geography - there'll always be opportunists with a dubious agenda during times like those.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by chewwie(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

There's always a difference, ma mehn.
The crux of the matter with BLM is that being black in America is more a liability than blessing in the land of "the free."
And in that case, ain't no difference bruh. Just like criminal elements hijacked the "legitimate issue" of #EndSars, the same exact thing went down with BLM cos - regardless of geography - there'll always be opportunists with a dubious agenda during times like those.
There's no better place to be black in the world than in the USA. Why is it that only black Americans complain of racism but not Nigerians, Ghanaians and Indians in America?
In fact, America would be better off without their native black population.
The difference is, the criminal elements during End SARS were swiftly condemned. But the BLM rioters were praised by the founders of BLM & the media. The riots was a feature not a bug.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:

There's no better place to be black in the world than in the USA. Why is it that only black Americans complain of racism but not Nigerians, Ghanaians and Indians in America?
In fact, America would be better off without their native black population.
The difference is, the criminal elements during End SARS were swiftly condemned. But the BLM rioters were praised by the founders of BLM & the media. The riots was a feature not a bug.
There being no better place to be black is arguable, but that's talk for another day.
Meanwhile, dude, what's this about only Black Americans complain?
Well, maybe your experience feeds that thought which, to me, borders on delusional.
I have lived in several US States. I have seen and personally experienced discrimination not just from white folks, but, wait for it, from even Black Americans!
When you walk the street and a white folk takes a detour or crosses over just so they don't share the same air you breathe; when you get on a bus/train/tram and sit on an available space, only for a white folk to get up and prefer to stand for no other reason but your presence; when you try to reason with an unruly American in public and he goes off on you about where the 4uk your green card is; when you simply try to breath and live but someone is always on hand to accuse you of being "fresh off the boat" and thus less worthy of the land of promises, then, and only then, might you wake up to the reality that your assertion hitherto is quite frankly ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by chewwie(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

There being no better place to be black is arguable, but that's talk for another day.
Well, maybe your experience feeds that thought which, to me, borders on delusional.
I have lived in several US States. I have seen and personally experienced discrimination not just from white folks, but, wait for it, from even Black Americans!
When you walk the street and a white folk takes a detour or crosses over just so they don't share the same air you breathe; when you get on a bus/train/tram and sit on an available space, only for a white folk to get up and prefer to stand for no other reason but your presence; when you try to reason with an unruly American in public and he goes off on you about where the 4uk your green card is; when you simply try to breath and live but someone is always on hand to accuse you of being "fresh off the boat" and thus less worthy of the land of promises, then, and only then, might you wake up to the reality that your assertion hitherto is quite frankly ridiculous.
You want to know why white people cross the street when they see black people coming towards them? They don't want to be attacked as is all too common. Mind you, they don't just cross the street at the sight of any black person, they do so at the sight of a particular type of people. You know, the ones who look like criminals. The same way I cross when I see a group of guys with dreads, tattoos and earrings coming towards me. The same way I cross when I see a group of northerners with shovels and machetes coming towards me.
- Are there racist people in the USA? Yes, of course. But is that the major reason black Americans are poor? No.
And like you said, their discrimination against white people and other immigrants is silly.
Stop crying and whining.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:

You want to know why white people cross the street when they see black people coming towards them? They don't want to be attacked as is all too common. Mind you, they don't just cross the street at the sight of any black person, they do so at the sight of a particular type of people. You know, the ones who look like criminals. The same way I cross when I see a group of guys with dreads, tattoos and earrings coming towards me. The same way I cross when I see a group of northerners with shovels and machetes coming towards me.
- Are there racist people in the USA? Yes, of course. But is that the major reason black Americans are poor? No.
And like you said, their discrimination against white people and other immigrants is silly.
Stop crying and whining.
And here comes the transition from the social to the economics.
Aww maaaan this dude...
Nah this is pointless. As for me, my peeps in the States, and having an American brother-in-law who's married to my only sister, I have all the ammunition I need to justify my stance. At the end of the day, we're all entitled to our individual world view.
Just like none of my retorts will sway you, I'm unshakeable in my conviction. And that's that.
Fair shake, man. Good debate.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by chewwie(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

And here comes the transition from the social to the economics.
Aww maaaan this dude...
Nah this is pointless. As for me, my peeps in the States, and having an American brother-in-law who's married to my only sister, I have all the ammunition I need to justify my stance. At the end of the day, we're all entitled to our individual world view.
Just like none of my retorts will sway you, I'm unshakeable in my conviction. And that's that.
Fair shake, man. Good debate.
If in your mind America and Americans are so terrible, why do millions of Africans go there?
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:

If in your mind America and Americans are so terrible, why do millions of Africans go there?
Cos it's 1000x still better than the zoos we come from.
Have a nice day bruh
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2021
America is so racist, yet black people from Africa are trooping to America on a daily basis

America is so racist that Obama was president for 8yrs
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:
America is so racist, yet black people from Africa are trooping to America on a daily basis

Nigeria is so corrupt, yet FDI is flowing into the country daily at unprecedented rates.

Nigeria is so corrupt that you won't find an honest bone in its citizens, ever.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Nigeria is so corrupt, yet FDI is flowing into the country daily at unprecedented rates.

Nigeria is so corrupt that you won't find an honest bone in its citizens, ever.

That's why Nigeria is still a third world nation and America aint
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 11:58am On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

That's why Nigeria is still a third world nation and America aint
What?
I'm afraid you just might have missed the point.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

What?
I'm afraid you just might have missed the point.

American ain't racist and Nigeria is a corrupt nation
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

American ain't racist and Nigeria is a corrupt nation
Oh lawwd...
Okay.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Oh lawwd...
Okay.

America aint racist, if it was there wouldn't be any black person existing in America.
Or are black people that dumb to continue staying in a supposedly racist country

Most of the so-called African racist narrative pushers American continue to stay in American,why can't they come back to Africa and develop Africa.

Why are they still staying in a supposedly racist country like America [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

America aint racist, if it was there wouldn't be any black person existing in America.
Or are black people that dumb to continue staying in a supposedly racist country

Most of the so-called African racist narrative pushers American continue to stay in American,why can't they come back to Africa and develop Africa.

Why are they still staying in a supposedly racist country like America [color=#000000][/color]
This is a shallow argument you've put forward, sorry.
You think people love to slave around and work and sweat hard just to survive? No! It's because they must do what they gotta do. They must feed their families and meet their responsibilities.
So also, despite the racism existent not only in America, but all over the developed world, colored people know they still have the best chance of achieving their life ambitions in such places.
To say America isn't racist is as delusional as denying that even in your own country, tribalism isn't existent. Many tribes hate and slaughter each other till tomorrow. We all have that bias. It is just a normal human tendency which intelligent people have come to accept because it will NEVER end.
Even you, you'd be a liar to say you've never had some kind of bias or beef against a certain tribe or people. The same applies with race relations.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

This is a shallow argument you've put forward, sorry.
You think people love to slave around and work and sweat hard just to survive? No! It's because they must do what they gotta do. They must feed their families and meet their responsibilities.
So also, despite the racism existent not only in America, but all over the developed world, colored people know they still have the best chance of achieving their life ambitions in such places.
To say America isn't racist is as delusional as denying that even in your own country, tribalism isn't existent. Many tribes hate and slaughter each other till tomorrow. We all have that bias. It is just a normal human tendency which intelligent people have come to accept because it will NEVER end.
Even you, you'd be a liar to say you've never had some kind of bias or beef against a certain tribe or people. The same applies with race relations.

There no perfect country or system or society anywhere but for u to say racism is a big issue in the USA is balant stupid and foolish
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

There no perfect country or system or society anywhere but for u to say racism is a big issue in the USA is balant stupid and foolish
Excuse me, what is "balant" please?
You should check how long you can continue deceiving people that that kulikuli rolling around your skull is actually a brain.
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

Excuse me, what is "balant" please?
You should check how long you can continue deceiving people that that kulikuli rolling around your skull is actually a brain.

Already deviating from the discussion on ground

If America is racist and the most wicked country in the world then leave nd come back to Africa nahn
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

Already deviating from the discussion on ground

If America is racist and the most wicked country in the world then leave nd come back to Africa nahn

I told you that thing in your head is not a brain. At what point did I ever imply that I am not in Nigeria?
Abeg park well or gerrarahia
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by DEMZEE(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

I told you that thing in your head is not a brain. At what point did I ever imply that I am not in Nigeria?
Abeg park well or gerrarahia

Oooh

U are even in Nigeria sef mtscheww
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by jesmond3945: 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:
wow, did you experience racial hatred?
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by jesmond3945: 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
BrainBucksNG:

mehnn crossing the street hit me like a thunderbolt. I felt something inside
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by BrainBucksNG: 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
jesmond3945:
wow, did you experience racial hatred?

Honestly? Naah at least not blatantly to my face. But those subtle undertones? Yup, for sure.
But I must give credit to where I chose to live. In Hawaii, for example, the natives have less beef with blacks than with white people who "stole" and colonized their land.
I'd recommend Hawaii any day! That place kinda gives the best impression of how heaven must be grin
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2021
chewwie:

Having witnessed the recent hooliganism that can hardly find a match in the very worst of African and Third World thuggery, wouldn't you agree that you and your cohorts of Trump defenders are the authentic "dafties" now?
How you folks come across as though thinking through your anus is indeed a spectacle for the ages.
Smh...
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2021
Ha
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2021
DEMZEE:

What are you even saying??
Someone reading this with me here thinks you're drunk on your own urine. I told him no. You still deserve respect cos many others have reasoned more stupidly
Re: Donald Trump's Firing Was Sweet. Mitch Mcconnell's Sacking Even Sweeter! by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2021
HonKong:
lol
what's funny? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Given Nearly 20k Anti-tank And Anti-aircraft Missiles So Far. / Satan 2: Russia Unveils Deadly Nuclear Missile That Can Wipe Out An Area The Siz / Iran Is Importing Jihad Into Nigeria:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.