Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

NYSC Or Graduate School - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Or Graduate School (993 Views)

Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC / Nysc Or Not. / NYSC Or Graduate School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Or Graduate School by vienna86: 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
Hi all!

I'm seeking advice about a decision I am trying to make. I have a BSc in Psychology from a US university. I haven't been able to get a job in the states, so I have been advised to go do my masters in Human Resource Management (in US or the UK), so I can get better qualifications (a bachelors in psychology isn't very helpful in getting a full time job). However I'm thinking of coming home to Nigeria to do my NYSC so as to test the waters of living in Nigeria for a year.

So these are my options: Do my NYSC this October for a year and then do my masters in HRM after, and then return back to Nigeria to work. OR go do my masters this September and then when I'm done with my masters move back to Nigeria to do my NYSC and after try and get a job in Nigeria. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: NYSC Or Graduate School by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
which area os psychology did you studied?
vienna86: Hi all!

I'm seeking advice about a decision I am trying to make. I have a BSc in Psychology from a US university. I haven't been able to get a job in the states, so I have been advised to go do my masters in Human Resource Management (in US or the UK), so I can get better qualifications (a bachelors in psychology isn't very helpful in getting a full time job). However I'm thinking of coming home to Nigeria to do my NYSC so as to test the waters of living in Nigeria for a year.

So these are my options: Do my NYSC this October for a year and then do my masters in HRM after, and then return back to Nigeria to work. OR go do my masters this September and then when I'm done with my masters move back to Nigeria to do my NYSC and after try and get a job in Nigeria. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: NYSC Or Graduate School by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2012
vienna86: Hi all!

Its better you do ur nysc before masters so that you'll be open to opportunities after your masters and not go back, but however, doing d masters first might be cool too cos then, you'll know u've fully landed in nigeria and you might be retained in the place of your nysc

(1) (Reply)

Nysc December 2013 Allowance / NYSC Online Registration / Does Your Name Falls Under Error List On NYSC Registration ? A Must Read..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.