Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened (78532 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by BusinessCity: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
My fiance wanted to come to the house to see my mum but I told him I won't be around because I'm about heading out to somewhere, so he asked me if my mum would be around, then I said yes and he said he would still go to see her and it doesn't matter if I'm not around. When I later got home that night, my mum complained that he came empty handed. He didn't bring anything for her and she was the one who offered him her drink. Although initially, I didn't see anything wrong with that but when my mum expressed her displeasure, I later called him to ask why he came to the house empty handed then I let him know I wasn't happy with him, that it would have been better if he didn't come. He tried arguing with me but I hung up. Since then, we haven't spoken to each other nor visited each other. Was I wrong?

Ordinary mehn that hooked me up in getting properties in a location to buy each time I go there I take bread along and buy wine. It's not entitlement mentality. He was wrong and won't obey traditional values if he's accepted.

Check through out scripture all old testament patriarch when attending to elders or persons in positions of prestige, they take along bread, fruit and wine as a sign of respect.

Examples

David
Abraham melchizedek
Lot and the angels

It goes on and on

That he even knew he was going there before he left home and then went empty handed shows you what you'll be getting in future.

You've not met your man.

If you want to test it. Go to his mum, take nothing along, go alone. And when you get there don't do chores just talk and go back home. It's only then he'll be smart enough to reflect and rethink.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by ednut1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hunger bad

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Klass99(f): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
smiley

21 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by thatigboman: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
I Need Your Opinion On This Issue That's Threatening My Relationship

My fiance wanted to come to the house to see my mum but I told him I won't be around because I'm about heading out to somewhere, so he asked me if my mum would be around, then I said yes and he said he would still go to see her and it doesn't matter if I'm not around.

When I later got home that night, my mum complained that he came empty handed. He didn't bring anything for her and she was the one who offered him her drink.

Although initially, I didn't see anything wrong with that but when my mum expressed her displeasure, I later called him to ask why he came to the house empty handed then I let him know I wasn't happy with him, that it would have been better if he didn't come. He tried arguing with me but I hung up.

Since then, we haven't spoken to each other nor visited each other. Was I wrong?
sorry to say, but your mother is very mad. But for u, i have nothing to say to u

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JoeEeL(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Imagine person mama. Chai.

Anyway, in case you don't know , it's beyond that.
Your mom is scared not just because of failure to bring any gift but because she's unsure of his financial capacity. That's why she's really whining. She's using scope to ask you for verification.

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

My fiance wanted to come to the house to see my mum but I told him I won't be around because I'm about heading out to somewhere, so he asked me if my mum would be around, then I said yes and he said he would still go to see her and it doesn't matter if I'm not around.

When I later got home that night, my mum complained that he came empty handed. He didn't bring anything for her and she was the one who offered him her drink.

Although initially, I didn't see anything wrong with that but when my mum expressed her displeasure, I later called him to ask why he came to the house empty handed then I let him know I wasn't happy with him, that it would have been better if he didn't come. He tried arguing with me but I hung up.

Since then, we haven't spoken to each other nor visited each other. Was I wrong?

It shouldn't cause problems although it will be nice if he come around with something, please repackage again if you luv him and put a call across, gifts must not be a reason for rtship breakup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Teepeettp: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
I hope your love for him is not based on money
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
JovialJune:

Reason why I want it on FP, I don't know why lalasticlala doesn't want to do the needful.

It is very easy to tell those who are troubled in their personal lives. Those who are unhappy.
You can tell by how they rejoice and enjoy other people's misunderstandings and misfortune.

No matter who they say they are or what they say they have, in reality, it's all just an illusion. A farce!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by humilitypays(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Our Naija single ladies are in big trouble oh, redpill don reach this level too shocked shocked

Wahala for Naija lady weh never marry as list of qualities required from suitors continue to grow longer grin

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by majola(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
If this story is true, i will say your mother is a true definition of materialism. And as for you, i am not sure if you are really mature enough and ready for marriage.

11 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by spirul77: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
donbachi:
Dis is the problem,with many relationships in nigeria..ur mum was expecting him to come with big bread,milo and milk.ur mum acted wrongly.dis is just a boyfriend and not ur husband.
even if he's the husband, he's not supposed to be coming to her In Law's house with "full hands" na, so person wey no get money no fit greet him in-law again?
If I were the guy I would just japa now because I'm not married yet you are expecting full hand what if I come marry you ni? That means na me go Dey pay your siblings school fees, your mumsy church levy and etc shocked shocked

9 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by colestephan86: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Miarose:
you and your mother are too hungry. Respect and courtesy >> gift.
You are a fool.
Even if he is not going to marry the babe , how much is a bottle of non alcoholic wine.
You are seeing an elderly Person for the first time. What did he go there to discuss with the woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
My question is "is it the first time he is visiting your family"??
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kokaine(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
donbachi:
Dis is the problem,with many relationships in nigeria..ur mum was expecting him to come with big bread,milo and milk.ur mum acted wrongly.dis is just a boyfriend and not ur husband.
I swear even if I'm a husband I can do that. Its nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JasperVII(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Does he owe your mother anything? Africans are just somehow. The likes of you are one of the reasons many men do not want to marry.

13 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by BusinessCity: 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
bjprodint:
aunty,this issue to worth d fight.what if ur man no get money 2 buy anything 4 her make e go collect credit?.pls go and visit ur man,settle with him then use ur money 2 buy things and give ur mum,tell her its from ur man.thats if u love the man and want things to work out.

Was he pointed a gun and forced to go. You don't go to your in laws empty handed. The Bible says don't go to the prophet empty handed. It's the same thing. Tricky tee went to Bayelsa governor empty handed, Nenyi took a gift along, did you notice the different reception they got? A man's gift makes way for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by alllivesmatter(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
GayPontiff:

E dey pain me pass say all these rubbish is given with the excuse that we are Africans and gift must be presented. Who enacted that stupid law?

God punish every idiiiiot that keeps dragging this race backward with their backwardness.

The guy should treat them with a ten ft pole onwards.
They don't deserve him at all.

"We are Africans"... Look at where we are...

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by ProphetM0hammad: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
that's your family
Are you sure the problem was him visiting empty handed or him not dropping any money when leaving?

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by majola(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fact! When the foundation of a relationship is laid on materialism, it will definitely end is problems.
Miarose:
you and your mother are too hungry. Respect and courtesy >> gift.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by dnapstar(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

We are Africans. Let us be honest with ourselves.

A man going alone to visit his would-be mother in-law empty handed is a red flag. Something to worry about.
What was the purpose of the visit?
Even as a female, it is still wrong to go visit the mother of the man you're going to marry empty handed.

Even if it is 100naira orange or watermelon for 200.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by MoneyTrees(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Smoke Mali kush & you won't hear
All these girls em, a new addiction to smoking jumbo sized Mali kush will be so good for your brain development
Why will you call him to ask why he came empty handed... Did you give him money to keep
You're supposed to educate your mom calmly that times have changed... In the present world relationship/ marriage is 50-50 ok

I hope your fiancee sees this comment grin grin grin
My Advice to him, is to run
Go & hustle...
No kill yourself just to impress
There's no where it's written a visitor must always present gift to his host

Trayceey:

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by brightalo1010: 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

A man going alone to visit his would-be mother in-law empty handed is a red flag. Something to worry about.
Even as a female, it is still wrong to go visit the mother of the man you're going to marry empty handed.

Which African law said boyfriend must give his girlfriend's mama money when he visits her?

13 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by AreaFada2: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Chujor1634:
I'm just glad the guy has left with the vibe you and your mum gave him, go and look for another guy if you think it's easy to find a man who is willing to come and see your family. i can beat my chest that you must have visited his family severally and you never gave anyone of them anything...….Nonsense
Am telling you. The guy just dodged a bullet.
The mother even complained about the drink she bought the guy. Chai!

We Africans nor try o. African men are really trying. Many Labour lifelong with nothing to show for it. They spend on relatives and inlaws yet nobody appreciates it.

The same women who say we are Africans now are those who say we are backward when we expect women to do the traditional stuff at home. Suddenly the women become European. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by colestephan86: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

My dear, be ready to read comments from kids that are still being cared for on this matter.
How much is a bottle of non alcoholic wine that I could not buy, and he could still sit and drink there.
Sorry that boy is not serious , if he continues arguing about the subject, know thats the first pointer that he isn't ready.
Even if you both are not dating, he should still get her something no matter how small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Shancca: 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

I wish your fiance reads the supposed hand writing on the wall.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by mofedamijo(m): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
I think he should have bought something no matter how small. Aside being Africans, the western word also does same. Non of my American or European or even South African friends will do that, they always go with something.

Some of us, in a bid to sound western, we sound highly stupid because the Westerners you are trying to copy will always go with something when visiting, no matter how small.

Even if your inlaws are the Bill gates, Go with something, a flower, a bottle of wine, a book..... Its just courtesy not hunger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kaimaonyeana: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
majola:
If this story is true, i will say your mother is a true definition of materialism. And as for you, i am not sure if you are really mature enough and ready for marriage.

So buying 500 naira bread and one bottle of eva wine is materialistic. Na wa oo. Abi na lack of money dey cause this kin reasoning?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by 001spice: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
To me it seems u ain`t mature

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Lankyscot(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
DEAD cheesy grin

TransAtlanticEx:
Are you sure you really wanna do this?
Cos I'm ready when you are.
Feed me and my family( a whole my family ooo) for ages yet your mama dey want kill herself say your fiance no buy bread for am?. cheesy
Why not use that money weh you want use am feed me and my generation buy your mama provisions keep for house na grin grin
And somehow its from this miserly,miserable existence that you wanna feed my family(really rich ) from? undecided
My eldest sister got married in 2004,in 2003 when the man came for introduction,he wore shorts and was empty handed.
You know why?There was nothing he could bring that we don't have and he knew it cheesy
What you could have done sef to even cover your bf is send some money to your thirsty mom and claim your bf sent it,but instead you fought with him over it,maybe because you and your mama don plan as una go share the stipends weh the guy suppose bring,
Yet a bottom feeder like you wants to feed my generation? grin

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by colestephan86: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

Bro oyinbo people give gifts too , don't mind those kids saying trash

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by DropsMic(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

REDFLAG....
He wasn’t supposed to argue with you. All he needed to do was to apologize to you and your mom but he couldn’t do that... That’s the REDFLAG
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by iyababs: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Are you sure you really wanna do this?
Cos I'm ready when you are.
Feed me and my family( a whole my family ooo) for ages yet your mama dey want kill herself say your fiance no buy bread for am?. cheesy
Why not use that money weh you want use am feed me and my generation buy your mama provisions keep for house na grin grin
And somehow its from this miserly,miserable existence that you wanna feed my family(really rich ) from? undecided
My eldest sister got married in 2004,in 2003 when the man came for introduction,he wore shorts and was empty handed.
You know why?There was nothing he could bring that we don't have and he knew it cheesy
What you could have done sef to even cover your bf is send some money to your thirsty mom and claim your bf sent it,but instead you fought with him over it,maybe because you and your mama don plan as una go share the stipends weh the guy suppose bring,
Yet a bottom feeder like you wants to feed my generation? grin
very very funny reply grin .She will be in sefiaaaa pain now.Killer Reply

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (45) (Reply)

Lady Cheats On Her Husband After Opening A Boutique For Her, Husband Beats Her / Nigerian Bride Who 'waited Till Her Wedding Night' Tells Her Inspiring Story / Nigerian Bride & Groom Hold Each Others Private Parts In Wedding Videos & Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.