Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) (6588 Views)

Tinubu Vs Atiku Head To Head In Ss/se And Nc / Onitsha Is The Only City In Nigeria That Looks Human-created / RE: The Only City With 12 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by hatakekakashi: 8:24am On Jan 08, 2021
Cashsteady:
Ijebu ode in ogun is better this TBH
Pls no one is comparing, okay. No come spoil this peaceful thread

2 Likes

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by okeyfineboy(m): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2021
All the pictures u posted are in orlu town(LGA), ,
though oru east and oru west are in orlu zone..orlu zone n orlu town(city) are two different stuff..when u say orlu zone we know u are talking about the 12 LGA's in it but when u say ORLU TOWN , we are thinking of the orlu LGA itself
Nigercity:

So how come
Orlu city center is Oru east and oru west

Cos almost everything that looks like a city here is in oru east and oru west, and the all call it orlu
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 8:32am On Jan 08, 2021
Banana Junction near Orlu city center.

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2021
Dedetwo:

What is wrong with education in Nigeria? Orlu, as city, does not have any LGA. However Orlu urban town is an integral part of Orlu LGA. The display of stark ignorance of the fact by the writer of the above crap is complete unbecoming of Igbo person. When did Nkwerre or even Nwangele become part of Orlu town? Instead Imo State is divided into three senatorial districts under three major urban areas of Imo State hence Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe. It is amount to irredeemable stupidity to remotely insinuate the Ohaji\Egbama LGA is part of Orlu town. [b]In fact, Ohaji is closer to Owerri municipality than Orlu urban

You now agree that Ohaji is closer to Owerri than to Orlu urban? But Imopoly in Umuagwo-Ohaji is in Orlu according to you in other threads in NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by letu(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Amah70:
Orlu is the name taken by people from nearly all the 12 LGAs in Orlu senatorial district because before local government areas were created, people from the local government areas of Orlu zone regarded themselves as Orlu people; they do same till today despite the differences in the local government names. Similar culture, same dialect referred to as dialect of “ndi uzo Uzo.”
These local government areas in Orlu zone would have all fused to one big modern city if not for the inadequacies of governors of Imo state from Orlu senatorial zone who paid scanty attention to modern development in their zone.

So poster did not deviate much in some of his assertions.
I thought that people from Orlu Zone are predominantly of ISU origin well I might be wrong but that's what I think.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2021
letu:
I thought that people from Orlu Zone are predominantly of ISU origin well I might be wrong but that's what I think.

You are right.

But Orsu clan begins from behind old Orlu township stadium till boundary with Anambra state.

Oru is another clan too.
But we all - Isu, Orsu and Oru clans - identify with the name - Orlu.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Onyenna(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2021
Nigercity:

Yeah mgbidi is in orlu bro

He’s not from Mgbidi.....

Lazarus Muoka is from Umuhu Okabia in Orsu LGA..... I’m from Orlu zone(Njaba LGA).... But nwanne, this your thread can be a bit misleading for someone who ain’t from there.....

All the same, thanks a lot for creating this thread. A bottle of chilled Budweiser for you.... You did good...

1 Like

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by cjeriia: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2021
otokx:

Thought he is from Mgbidi?
Nope he is not. He is from after Ihioma. Somewhere called umuhu okabia
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by cjeriia: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2021
Onyenna:

He’s not from Mgbidi.....

Lazarus Muoka is from Umuhu Okabia in Orsu LGA..... I’m from Orlu zone(Njaba LGA).... But nwanne, this your thread can be a bit misleading for someone who ain’t from there.....
Correct. I am from Ihioma

1 Like

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Onyenna(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2021
cjeriia:

Correct. I am from Ihioma

Cool....

I remember when i first heard the word Ihioma as a kid... Precisely “Ihioma girls”.... I was then thinking so many things not knowing it was actually a secondary school.....

I’ve been to ihioma once..... calm place.....
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2021
Amah70:
Banana Junction near Orlu city center.

Nice one bro
Keep giving us more pictures if you have
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
Gues where

1 Like

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Dedetwo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Amah70:

You now agree that Ohaji is closer to Owerri than to Orlu urban? But Imopoly in Umuagwo-Ohaji is in Orlu according to you in other threads in NL.

I have said you write and read with silly emotion. I remembered vividly in one of my posts where it was stated Orlu dubiously clothed itself with so many LGAs in order to produce governor of Imo State. I gave such instance that Ohaji\Egbema is closer to Owerri than Orlu yet they were lumped into Imo West senatorial zone for cheap political gain. You are such a village tout who will blunder into hell if given Kolanuts to present. Such dunces think affinity of landmark boundary denotes ancestral lineage.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
Dedetwo:

I have said you write and read with silly emotion. I remembered vividly in one of my posts where it was stated Orlu dubiously clothed itself with so many LGAs in order to produce governor of Imo State. I gave such instance that Ohaji\Egbema is closer to Owerri than Orlu yet they were lumped into Imo West senatorial zone for cheap political gain. You are such a village tout who will blunder into hell if given Kolanuts to present. Such dunces think affinity of landmark boundary denotes ancestral lineage.

OP, please blot out this Dedetwo from Owerri from this thread. From beginning, he started to post his usually irrelevant comments here, insulting and gnashing teeth as usual every where he sees the name Orlu.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigercity:
Gues where

That’s beautiful Oguta lake and resorts.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Amah70:

That’s beautiful Oguta lake and resorts.

Yes oh
Oguta ebeoma
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigercity:

Yes oh
Oguta ebeoma

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2021
Old

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
.... and the bad: the State Fire Service in Orlu established ages ago to fight fire outbreak in Orlu senatorial district.
Govt failure left it like this. Op can ask for deletion of the bad if not desired in this thread.

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by PicLtd: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
agadez007:
[s]If you asked an Anambrarian where he is from he would mention his town,I am from Alor,I am from Uga,uli etc but ask someone from Oru or Njaba and he would first mention orlu and when you question furthermore they then mention their L.g.a and then their hometown,one even told me that he is from "Njaba orlu" as if there are two njaba in igboland that he had to add orlu there

I think its inferiority complex At work here,most are not proud of where they are from or feel their hometown isnt popular enough they just chip in Orlu so as to avoid explaining too much,Nnobi is just a stone throw from the great Nnewi but they won't claim to be ndi Nnewi[/s]

Kpuchie onu gi ebeahu efelefu rere ere. Close your rotten troublesome mouth.

Many indigenes of Ukpor, Nnobi, Nnokwa Ozubulu, Ichi all claim to come from Nnewi when you meet them in Lagos or outside Igboland and ask them where they come from because those communities all fall under the Nnewi federal constituencies. Especially when they are asked by non-Igbos, they only go further to specify their hometowns and villages when a fellow Igbo is making the enquiries about their origin.

Some of you efulefu numbskulls are sickening and have sworn to remain idiots for 600years.
Umu bastards a kwatara n'iko! Tufia unu!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by agadez007(m): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2021
PicLtd:

Kpuchie onu gi ebeahu efelefu rere ere. Close your rotten troublesome mouth.

Many indigenes of Ukpor, Nnobi, Nnokwa Ozubulu, Ichi all claim to come from Nnewi when you meet them in Lagos or outside Igboland and ask them where they come from because those communities all fall under the Nnewi federal constituencies. Especially when they are asked by non-Igbos, they only go further to specify their hometowns and villages when a fellow Igbo is making the enquiries about their origin.

Some of you efulefu numbskulls are sickening and have sworn to remain idiots for 600years.
Umu bastards a kwatara n'iko! Tufia unu!
we are still saying the same thing,To igbo and non igbo alike yall claim orlu,cant get why you are getting too emotional over this,the first guy I heard this from was even from Orlu town,he complained why "everybody" is claiming to be from Orlu while they are from far away,his words not mine

and secondly Nnobi and Nnokwa are idemili towns and under Anambra central senatorial district and do not fall under Nnewi at all which is Anambra south
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by PicLtd: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2021
agadez007:
we are still saying the same thing,To igbo and non igbo alike yall claim orlu,cant get why you are getting too emotional over this,the first guy I heard this from was even from Orlu town,he complained why "everybody" is claiming to be from Orlu while they are from far away,his words not mine

and secondly Nnobi and Nnokwa are idemili towns and under Anambra central senatorial district and do not fall under Nnewi at all which is Anambra south

Shut your mouth.

Nnobi and Nnokwa people claim Nnewi severally while outside Igboland, due to their close proximity to Nnewi township which is more popular. They only specify when a fellow Igbo probes even furher. It's common knowledge. Why are you trying to make it an 'Orlu only' issue?

Rotten idiot sired by abokki sperm.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2021
agadez007:

You talked about people from Njaba. There is nobody who has Njaba as his/her hometown in Orlu senatorial zone. Njaba is name of a river and LGA.

Why pollute this thread with irrelevant comments?

The OP who created this thread had in mind about discussion of modern development in Orlu city which he appropriately placed most of the LGAs in Orlu senatorial district, because these LGAs can all comfortably fit into one big city - if adequate roads are built to connect the LGAs.

If you are not from Orlu senatorial zone and you ask anyone from Okwudor or Amucha from Njaba LGA where he/she comes from. He/she shall tell you Orlu. So it is for nearly 90% of people from Orlu senatorial district.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2021
Amah70:

You talked about people from Njaba. There is nobody who has Njaba as his/her hometown in Orlu senatorial zone. Njaba is name of a river and LGA.

Why pollute this thread with irrelevant comments?

The OP who created this thread had in mind about discussion of modern development in Orlu city which he appropriately placed most of the LGAs in Orlu senatorial district, because these LGAs can all comfortably fit into one big city - if adequate roads are built to connect the LGAs.

If you are not from Orlu senatorial zone and you ask anyone from Okwudor or Amucha from Njaba LGA where he/she comes from. He/she shall tell you Orlu. So it is for nearly 90% of people from Orlu senatorial district.

Exactly you got the memo bro

1 Like

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2021
Imo has the 5th biggest economy in Nigeria
With orlu playing a major factor
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Dedetwo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
Amah70:
Orlu is the name taken by people from nearly all the 12 LGAs in Orlu senatorial district because before local government areas were created, people from the local government areas of Orlu zone regarded themselves as Orlu people; they do same till today despite the differences in the local government names. Similar culture, same dialect referred to as dialect of “ndi uzo Uzo.”
These local government areas in Orlu zone would have all fused to one big modern city if not for the inadequacies of governors of Imo state from Orlu senatorial zone who paid scanty attention to modern development in their zone.

So poster did not deviate much in some of his assertions.

Sometimes, you appear very funny. How would Ohaji or Egbema or Oguta fuse with Orlu as one big modern city? Some part of Ohaji will soon become Owerri metropolis since 20km radius is about to be lapsed. It is out of logical sense to have Ohaji\Egbema and Oguta LGAs under Imo west senatorial zone.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Dedetwo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
Amah70:
.... and the bad: the State Fire Service in Orlu [/b]established ages ago to fight fire outbreak in Orlu senatorial district.
[b]Govt failure left it like this
. Op can ask for deletion of the bad if not desired in this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12959016_8fb70e1ecf914c2b8bd097c281cf9857_jpeg_jpega3847a873e680266ed0d8ac286946b8b

Orlu has been touted as the producer of rich and affluence people in Imo State. Is it a taboo for one of so-called Orlu rich sons to fix the fire house on philanthropic bases? Why must certain goons always call on government to fix ordinary fire station which one rich son from Orlu could arrange without sweat.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by agadez007(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
PicLtd:

Shut your mouth.

Nnobi and Nnokwa people claim Nnewi severally while outside Igboland, due to their close proximity to Nnewi township which is more popular. They only specify when a fellow Igbo probes even furher. It's common knowledge. Why are you trying to make it an 'Orlu only' issue?

Rotten idiot sired by abokki sperm.

This one you are obsessed with sperm
You are a cum guzzler for sure
get out here
make better people make sensible submissions
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Amah70: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Dedetwo:

Sometimes, you appear very funny. How would Ohaji or Egbema or Oguta fuse with Orlu as one big modern city? Some party of Ohaji will soon become Owerri metropolis since 20km radius is about to be lapsed. It is out of logical sense to have Ohaji\Egbema and Oguta LGAs under Imo west senatorial zone.
In bold:

You wrote that Ohaji in Orlu senatorial zone will soon be part of Owerri Metropolis.
But you wrote that Op is stupid for taking Nkwere as part of one city with Orlu.
You know that a stranger moving from Nkwerre to Orlu or vice versa, can’t see that he has left Nkwerre and entered Orlu, and vice versa.
In other words, you don’t want any modern development in Orlu zone to make the LGAs fuse into one large city, but you like Owerri to expand beyond expectations.

Na you the expose your mental deficiency here in every comment you make.
Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Nigercity: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
More

Re: The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) by Chinachriss(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Orlu is both a town, local government and a senatorial district.

We have Owerri and Okigwe senatorial districts too.

All the parts you are posting are within Orlu local government area where you see towns like Amaifeke, Ihioma etc.

The other 11 local governments that make up Orlu senatorial districts are affiliated to Orlu. Most people there will rather claim to be Orlu than identify their real villages. I think Ideato people have learned to be proud of their towns.

Same thing with folks from Owerri except the Mbaise folks who are proud of their heritage.

Those in Okigwe zone are very conscious of their villages than identifying with Okigwe. For instance, I'm from Isiala Mbanọ and I will always flaunt my Mbano origin than claim to be from Okigwe.

Since most Imo governors are from Orlu zone, I think, it gives them that sense of pride to flaunt Orlu than their real villages.

It's their business though.

Proudly Mbano!
Unu anwuchula oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exposed! The Dirty Life Style Of Femi Fani Kayode, His Sexcapade, Drug. / Radio Biafra Now Trending On Twitter. (pics) / Pics From The Special Valedictory Court Session For Late Enugu State Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.