Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,179 members, 7,839,016 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. (9552 Views)

We Are Not Against Peaceful Pro-biafra Protests In Yoruba Land - OPC / The SE Have Oil For Those Of You In SS That Call Us Thieves / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 4:22am On Mar 31, 2011
Gosh! Where is this guy from? Just when i thought that my only problem is how to convince the north of some phantom oil fields in chad basin,now i have to look for another phantom oil story to sell to the west,chai breaking nigeria no be small thing.
ekt_bear:

Actually, looks like I'm wrong about the bitumen:

http://www.mmsd.gov.ng/Downloads/Tarsand%20&%20Bitumen.pdf

Actually seems comparable to Canada's tar sands: http://i55.tinypic.com/2hibipe.png

Though this might be excessive optimism by the Nigerian govt.

According to Wikipedia, Canada pays $28 per barrel to extract. $4 bucks for North African oil: http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/oil_gold_100_barrel_inflation_110920072

So a lot less profitable. Still, a good resource to have.

Very damaging on the environment though.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 4:24am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

Gosh! Where is this guy from? Just when i thought that my only problem is how to convince the north of some phantom oil fields in chad basin,now i have to look for another phantom oil story to sell to the west,chai breaking nigeria no be small thing.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, I guess.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by EkoIle1: 4:27am On Mar 31, 2011
EzeUche:

Lagos is a over-glorified slum. People hype that city too much.

Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Blah blah blah

Anybody who likes Lagos should get their head examined.

Give me Enugu or Calabar over Lagos any day.

We'll be back to normal without your slum living ibo folks in orile, alaba and  ajegunle,
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by tyrant11: 4:48am On Mar 31, 2011
EzeUche:

dude shut up. how many people live in enugu or calabar

200,000 . there are more people living in ikeja than the whole of calabar and engu , ok , dumbass

dont compare lagos state to enugu city or calabar city.

rather compare lekki to calabar. or victoria island to enugu .
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 4:56am On Mar 31, 2011
^-- Which city in Nigeria will compare to Eko Atlantic, when that is finished?  grin

Will have to compare to Manhattan  grin

I'll be working hard over the next few years to earn enough money to buy property there grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 31, 2011
Calabar is very beautiful. No doubt. Just less populated than Lagos.

Ok, Lagos does not need to hold monopoly over development. I want other Nigerian states like Kano, Enugu and Calabar to reach Lagos' stage. Competition is good and healthy, and very wonderful for the economy.

Anywaz, my main focus is Ekiti state.  cool
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Rhino5dm: 5:08am On Mar 31, 2011
Your bigotry keeps on increasing and your stvpidity has no bound.

Then your brothers move back to Enugu or Calabar is an igbo state?? Dude! I just pity the day you will meet THE REAL IGBOS.

EzeUche:

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by udezue(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2011
@Eku bear, sharap. Your people like envious backstabbing scavengers teamed up with the North so yall could steal and get everything the East ever had that you couldn't get. Its just that simple. Nothing but pure betrayal so quit making up excuses.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2011
Emagbami o! And what is there in the east that anyone wants to get?
Shey na the oil? It does not belong to the east apparently, it's Nigeria's oil. It belongs to us all, well maybe its more of to the politicians'.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2011
udezue:

@Eku bear, sharap. Your people like envious backstabbing scavengers teamed up with the North so yall could steal and get everything the East ever had that you couldn't get. Its just that simple. Nothing but pure betrayal so quit making up excuses.

Envious! As if you monkeys have anything to envy!
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 6:26am On Mar 31, 2011
I don't give a damn if you like my explanation or not. Your opinion of my people is irrelevant. . . if you want to blame us for erosion, cancer, leprosy, impotence amongst your men, barrenness of your women too, who cares.

However, one small piece of advice. . . which you can reject or accept as you wish:

"Measure twice, cut once."

Don't go to war unless you can win it by yourself. Don't go to war with only 200 guns. Don't rattle your sword saying, "no force in Black Africa" can defeat you, then lose 1/3rd of your territory within 2 months of fighting.

And. . . try not to get cut off from the sea next time:

This leads to the second importance of the Bonny capture.  It pinpoints the failure of Biafran leaders to appreciate the incredible consequence of losing their sea lines of communications.  They did not see the need to secure adequate sea power before the war began and were unable to correct their shortcoming when it became apparent how serious the Federals were about enforcing their blockade of the Biafran coastline.  The New York Times noted at this stage of
the war that Biafra had a "better-than-even chance of survival" , but that it was,  "clear, that the East cannot survive for many months unless the naval blockade is broken."(10)  Instead of confronting this problem, however the Biafrans turned inward.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/SMR.htm

Unless you want to blame the incompetence of your leaders also on Yorubaland?  grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 31, 2011
^^^^

Why bother? If he wants to fight another war with cudgels and machetes, let him go ahead.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vladimiros: 6:55am On Mar 31, 2011
question for every Nigerian there?

with the progress Dangote has made making him the 51st richest in the Forbes list

has it not hit our heads that they way forward is investments in our resources especially agric,

Jesus drop this oil shit beginning to annoy me

seems like Oil here means influence and how much you should contribute
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by edoyad(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2011
^ My main problem with Dangote is his refusal to put down in literature his ideas, strategies and general approach to business in Nigeria. If he did it would help a lot of youthful minds who've failed to grasp the simple fact that oil is not an actual money spinner , just helps grease the wheels.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vladimiros: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2011
well its kinda obvious him speaking out would just expose his secrets but still

just as influence, dangote foght his way through,

this should still motivate some states to drop Oil and look at their innier resources
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2011
For a yoruba guy,you didnt disappoint me,dumb as usual.Now get it into your thick skull if you can,apart from the few oil wells found in ilaje and apoi regions and a few more obj managed to steal from delta state,yorubaland is as dry as the north,awolowo knows this,he knows that without the east the future is bleak for the west,a condition he shares with the north,hence his reluctance to seccede.
Come on,awo was tracherous and deceitful but he was also wise,he was a pragmatic ruler,if there is oil in the old west,awo would have secceded.
ekt_bear:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, I guess.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Rhino5dm: 7:38am On Mar 31, 2011
True talk, but why must you wait for Dangote's idea?? It may not even work for you. IMO

edoyad:

^ My main problem with Dangote is his refusal to put down in literature his ideas, strategies and general approach to business in Nigeria. If he did it would help a lot of youthful minds who've failed to grasp the simple fact that oil is not an actual money spinner , just helps grease the wheels.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by edoyad(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

True talk, but why must you wait for Dangote's idea?? It may not even work for you. IMO

Dude, whether we like it or not that guy is rich resource any aspiring business man can tap from. It is common practice all over the world for trail blazers to leave words of gold behind for freshers. Buffet, Gates, Ellison et al all do it.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2011
There is nothing special about lagos,not that we are planing on leaving it for anybody.Lagos just happens to enjoy monopoly,we all know why calabar and ph ports are not working,and we know who is responsible for all the commercial activities that attract banks and companies to that city,we dont intend to desert the city,we only intend to use it as an annex to our buisness empire,using its port less and using the eastern ports more,you know turning it into another ibadan.
ekt_bear:

^-- Which city in Nigeria will compare to Eko Atlantic, when that is finished?  grin

Will have to compare to Manhattan  grin

I'll be working hard over the next few years to earn enough money to buy property there grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

For a yoruba guy,you didnt disappoint me,dumb as usual.Now get it into your thick skull if you can,apart from the few oil wells found in ilaje and apoi regions and a few more obj managed to steal from delta state,yorubaland is as dry as the north,awolowo knows this,he knows that without the east the future is bleak for the west,a condition he shares with the north,hence his reluctance to seccede.
   Come on,awo was tracherous and deceitful but he was also wise,he was a pragmatic ruler,if there is oil in the old west,awo would have secceded.

OK, I trust your judgement over that of the various other sources discussed here in this thread. You are no doubt correct; there is no oil in the west.

vicenzo:

There is nothing special about lagos,not that we are planing on leaving it for anybody.Lagos just happens to enjoy monopoly,we all know why calabar and ph ports are not working,and we know who is responsible for all the commercial activities that attract banks and companies to that city,we dont intend to desert the city,we only intend to use it as an annex to our buisness empire,using its port less and using the eastern ports more,you know turning it into another ibadan.
No problem. Just continue to pay heavy, heavy taxes that will continue to increase over time. The more trade and traffic there, the better.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 8:11am On Mar 31, 2011
Normal? As in using the same bowl for poo,eating and drinking water,okay i get you.
Eko Ile:

We'll be back to normal without your slum living ibo folks in orile, alaba and  ajegunle,
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 8:33am On Mar 31, 2011
No wonder the igbo seem to excel in business than most nigerians,there  are some business skills an igbo seems to have without going to business school.Now one of them is that,no mater the cost price all you need to profit is increase the selling price,every trader in alaba,aba or onitsha knows this,increasing the tax will only end up improvishing the consumers,as the blunt will be passed to them,meanwhile with low tax rate   in the east,goods will be cheaper in the east,causing western consumers to troop to the east,there by turning our annex(lagos) to ibadan.
ekt_bear:

OK, I trust your judgement over that of the various other sources discussed here in this thread. You are no doubt correct; there is no oil in the west.
No problem. Just continue to pay heavy, heavy taxes that will continue to increase over time. The more trade and traffic there, the better.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2011
^--- In a world where demand is independent of price, your theories might be true. Alas, on planet earth. . .

Might want to consider that business school training. . . might do you some good grin

Anyway, may the taxes continue to climb.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

^--- In a world where demand is independent of price, your theories might be true. Alas, on planet earth. . .

Might want to consider that business school training. . . might do you some good grin

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2011
You dont understand,why will the igbo always dominate the commercial activites of any place they go in Nigeria,does it mean that the locals would rather patronize a stranger than a brother? Does it mean no commercial activity was going on there before the igbo came?These are questions only an igbo can answer,the answers to these questions and more is want stands us out and makes us more succesful than other nigerians and they are not taught in the business school(it can only sharpen it),they are in built.
ekt_bear:

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by playmode(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2011
How about we focus on Agriculture, Manufacturing, tourism,IT , e.t.c .I mean South Africa has no oil but contributes a staggering 17% to Africa’s total GDP.

We should stop focusing on oil and gas,it will be our downfall if we do. If Nigeria breaks up, i will throw my hat into the ODUA presidential race.ODUA oni baje o!
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by playmode(m): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2011
edoyad:

Dude, whether we like it or not that guy is rich resource any aspiring business man can tap from. It is common practice all over the world for trail blazers to leave words of gold behind for freshers. Buffet, Gates, Ellison et al all do it.

I disagree with you,no one need Dangote's memoirs to become successful.Just take a look at Lagos ,many igbos with no formal education built their businesses from scratch selling spare parts e.t.,c and they are multimillionaires today.I built my business in South Africa from scratch investing in IT,digital Entertainment and property and i am well off today.You don't need dangote ,you need freedom to access information,leadership programs e.t.b .The internet helped shape me into who i am today.Let Nigerians have easy and affordable access to the internet and you will see them perform wonder.

I am sure you know about 419,those guys doing 419 did not read dangote's memoirs but they are able to execute unbelievably intelligent scams that have left professors with their mouths wide agape.What i am saying is that,the will to succeed is second nature to Nigerians.If Nigeria was like South Africa where there is good governance ,world class infrastructure ,rule of law and a disciplined society ,you will see a lot of success stories.

Beside dangote became rich because of his corrupt affiliation with the likes of IBB and co just like adenuga.The monopoly he enjoys in several industries is illegal.He should not be a role model but a prisoner in Kirikiri.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2011
All these things you mentioned can be obtained when you have a good government in place,but no good government can make crude oil,believe me south africa wouldnt mind having crude oil revenue,it helps you know.
playmode:

How about we focus on Agriculture, Manufacturing, tourism,IT , e.t.c .I mean South Africa has no oil but contributes a staggering 17% to Africa’s total GDP.

We should stop focusing on oil and gas,it will be our downfall if we do. If Nigeria breaks up, i will throw my hat into the ODUA presidential race.ODUA oni baje o!

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Dede1(m): 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
@OP

Some peeps are ignorant to the skull. The crude oil deposits allegedly found in the territorial waters of Nigeria do not belong to Yoruba or any state in Yoruba land. Even when crude oil is discovered onshore within Yoruba enclave, the resource belongs to Nigeria and the state where oil deposit is struck can be mentioned for sake of remuneration.

However, if Nigeria will see disintegration in future such alleged crude oil desposit could belong to the Republic of Oduduwa.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by seanet02: 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

Some peeps are ignorant to the skull. The crude oil deposits allegedly found in the territorial waters of Nigeria do not belong to Yoruba or any state in Yoruba land. Even when crude oil is discovered onshore within Yoruba enclave, the resource belongs to Nigeria and the state where oil deposit is struck can be mentioned for sake of remuneration.

However, if Nigeria will see disintegration in future such alleged crude oil desposit could belong to the Republic of Oduduwa.
You make good points but you really like attacking with gutter languages why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun / Boko Haram Declares Full Sharia; Beheads Christians, Marries In Gwoza, Madagali / EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.