Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? (29707 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Any Pu*sy Without A Little Bit Odour, Is Not Original– Nigerian Lady, Says / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by MrSquint: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2021
Did mine since 2014, 7yrs and counting, still no nimc ID Card.

The simplest things are the most difficult things for our government to do.

This country na wa
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:
6 Years After Registration, I Am Yet To Get My National ID Card

Fellow Nairalanders I greet you all.

I know that i am not the only one on this shoes right now.

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

How Long does it take to get the Original Nigerian National ID Card??

What is really causing the much delay?

Please if you work in NIMC your explanation might be off help here.

You will never get it! The registration of National ID Card started during the OBJ era and there were serious people working with NIMC then so there were infrastructure present then which would allow for production of the cards with a central database. It continued during the GEJ era until your docile buhari came in and new people were brought into the system.

The new people there from the NIMC DG to the staff that conducts the registration are square pegs in round holes who are only there to collect their salary and not there to work! The production of the cards stopped, the central database used for the card data capturing went defunct as they were not able to maintain it and they resorted to using the archaic paper (slip) which is what you will have as long as this inept administration continues !

That is why you cannot use the said NIN slip to do any kind or international verification,
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ekevwe(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

They are going into digital to save money. If it's PVC they will spend billions on it. Lol. Nigeria government.

Hustle, get money and leave this country
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Shaev7(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

I did mine same year in April and I have got mine 2 years ago
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by adubam(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2021
donmik:
I my own case, a bank told me that the NIN recorded a wrong date of birth for me.
How do I go about this, pls?

15k FOR CHANGE IF NAME.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Mandela27: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2021
visijo:
Elon Musk no get beards,
Jeff Bezos no get beards,
Dangote no get beards,
Your beard will take you no where. Rest��
e pain u because u no get

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by 50power: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Please note that NIMC will no longer issue a physical plastic national ID card to anyone. They concentrated on issuing the NIN only and you can view your ID card digitally through an app but unfortunately, you cannot print, touch or screenshot the ID card from the app. Therefore, it makes no sense to those who want to use it online for various transactions. The only alternative for you is to transfer your national ID card information to a plastic card and print it out in a business center. Then you can hold your card in your hand. See more here https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/2020/06/12/design-and-print-your-nigerian-national-identity-card-on-plastic/
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by intruder15(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
kelvyn7:
It took me about 4 years to get it here in Ikorodu Lagos. The annoying thing is that it will expire in 2 years! undecided

I am still wondering why they added expiry date to the card. How can my being a Nigerian expire? Clowns � grin

The card serves as an ATM. It's the ATM that expires in 2 years I guess.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Sunnyja: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
adagbon101:
30 to 45 mins you can get your NIN but due to the bad eggs around a week or months. I did mine and collected it same day courtesy 5k
I will never give any body KOBO to get this National I.D card. I haven't done mine, the day I tried to visit one of the centers they were demanding for money. I quickly enter Keke back to my base.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by pacespot(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
Jentilia:
Most people accept the temporary one now,so make use of it

Foreign companies won't accept slip from you as a means of identification, even voters cards are rejected
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by pacespot(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
Jentilia:

Foreign companies won't accept slip from you as a means of identification, even voters cards are rejected. It is either your driver's licence, intl passport or this national ID card
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Paulmckata(m): 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
The Muzzies & the Kuzzies are responsible for all this nonsense. Imagine you travel & onekind Olosho police man demand that you tender your National I.D. otherwise your pocket will bleed she!! Since 2014, I never collect my own sha!!!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by pacespot(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Maybe they are holding on to this national ID card so as to push more people to apply for intl passport, Nigerians will not pass up any opportunity to exploit money from you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Rainbowjazz:
You get it immediately or the following day na
who be this?
Na naija you dey?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ebenezary(m): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
have you solved your Payoneer ID CARD problem, you can reach me in my signature for solution
to Payoneer ID CARD issue

NaijaOlosho:

So hopefully by next year I will get it??

But why does it take this long??

2017 I couldn't verify my payoneer account because they rejected the temporary paper type
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Incognito403: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Sunnycliff:

Your Buhari, the man of change has been in power since five years, yet to get ordinary national ID plastic card, him no fit generate.

This your Daddy eeh...

Actually, your PDP initiated this stuff. If they had set it on the right foundation, it wouldn't have been a mess like this.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by zikter(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
cassyrooy:
I captured in 2013 and collected in 2018 (it was issued in same 2018l and it will expire in 2023.

Mine is here with me and I use it on a daily.
mine was not like that at all. I was even perplexed on why an ID card that has a 5 year lifespan should spend 3 years with the issuer already and the user will now have only two years to use it. Both mine and my wife's at NIMC Ikeja

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Marus: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
that NIN slip you have is more important than the CARD, therefore hold it very well and make use of it anywhere anytime in nigeria
- CARD is expiring every 5years and u need to pay 5k for renewal
- NIN is always required for your transactions and CARD doesn't carry it
- CARD is more important for your financial transaction, just like Mastercard or VISA
- NIN can easily or instantly be replaced when u pay 500
- NIMC have mobile app where u can verify your record electronically free of charge
- You can also verify your NIN via USSD CODE *346# with the phone number u registered with
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Sambaby7640: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
Jentilia:
they don't recognize it internationally angry.... Haven't verify a lot cause of it angry angry
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by nwakibie3(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
futurerex:
This is the main reason why I refused to renew mine till date. Voter's card is permanent, why should I pay to renew my National ID with my country of origin E no better make them deport me go my real country of origin even if na Vietnam I go manage am. But, on a serious note, what are we benefiting from government as citizens

That's naija for us bro

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by govomotors: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
We are in th he same boat, I have been waiting since 2013.

My only joy is that my NIN was accepted to renew my passport and register my sim card.

Since the have an online app, the government should allow us to print our NIN card from cyber cafe.

Am shocked to learn that if i have update my phone number, age or address I will need to pay #10,000.

I want to know if change of address is now punishable or dit the government gave me a free house for a life time and I packed out.

I used Visa phone to register my number and I drop the line when they left telecom business. Now who is to blame?

Most telecom provider resale idle line even citizen that travelled abroad. Is it their fault that the lines a recall.

4. Will Indian, Lebanese, Chinese Chadian, Nigerian etc. with Nigerian sim card be issue NIN to register their sim?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Charlie2020(f): 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

1 year. Registered in 2013(early birds), got it in 2014. Expires 2024
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ExcelNkem: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
I did mine in 2013 and got it in 2018.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by mikemiyaki: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
grin
valentineuwakwe:
They are on strike now, so you have to wait till they call off there strike action.....you have been patient enough to wait this 6 years, so wait small again....
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by wisdomkid: 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
ifex370:

7 years

You're wrong chief.

It's 7 X 7
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by mach7(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
samzlink:

Your NIN is confidential just like your BVN. You don't disclose it. It isn't even displayed on the card.
It is displayed on the back of the card. Document Number + NIN.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by bigtt76(f): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
I did mine same time at Alausa, Ikeja and I got it same year. It expired 2019. Forget about the card itself for now cos they're not printing new ones. Rather download the NIMC mobile app from the app store or Play store and follow the prompt to get a virtual ID.

NaijaOlosho:

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by EmperorAkidi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

So hopefully by next year I will get it??

But why does it take this long??

2017 I couldn't verify my payoneer account because they rejected the temporary paper type

Payoneer.. WhatsApp 07064711513...will get that approved for you...
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by millionboi2: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

wetin u won use do
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Harkinsoji(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
I got mine with 2 years but it has even expired ..I no fit use am for now.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by crusufixo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
I did mine in 2013 and got it last year
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by DanielGolden21: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mysticwebb:
I have waited for 7yrs and still counting. Got registered in 2013. Till date no permanent or original card as you called it.
Wow are you sure it was rightly done?
Cause I did mine same year, I was sent a message in 2019 for the original one since I wasn't around I got it, I got it last year December,
Maybe you go to their office to complain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Meets Pastor Mike Agbahiwe Whose Wife Was Killed In Kano / Nigerian Senators Earn Peanuts – Senator Tejuoso / Okowa And Dalung Inspect Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.