Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:42 AM

Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP (14577 Views)

Osinbajo Welcomes Newest Batch Of Nigerian Citizens By Naturalization / Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP / Osinbajo Welcomes First Granchild As His Daughter, Oludamilola Gives Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Kokaine(m): 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
When I saw ESP now my mind just went to ESP32 and ESP8266. I be wan say which one be Nigerian esp again?
Electronics guys why don't we have a WhatsApp group or telegram group to help each other solve problems na? Something like our own local stack overflow for embedded systems and iots. Like now do you know that arduino itself has iot cloud like adafruit, blynk and others? I didn't know. I'm just seeing it today.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
illicit:
Nice one....

Make dem share data for everybody
cool
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by ekaette1621: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
welcome kwa
welcome Ni

welcome itid
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Naijaarchive(m): 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Power is the bedrock for all these kind of development... Fix the power sector

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by 2010goingon: 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
mustafaa:
Good.

But I don't like the way they loosely used "offer to support" like say na free. Nigeria is the biggest and largest economy in Africa and 25th in the world. As it is now, It's riskier for any global tech giant to sleep on India and Nigeria.

You are coming to support nothing but tap into the opportunities that are bound in Nigeria.

Nothing is free.

Nigeria is already too late , forget India they are light years ahead in technology. Nigeria is not even in the picture.

IBM , Google , Microsoft , Intel , AMD , Qualcomm etc have their R & D , product centers etc in India since last 2 decades.

But it is a welcome step , we can atleast try to generate some employment through this and learn from them

Importantly we must support our local software companies and encourage our youths.

Maybe this will kick some sense into the mumu politicians

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by OBIPLUS(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
They should concentrate on infrastructure by building networks to make data low and manufacturing for export to other Africa subregions.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by PHijo(m): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mumu country, mumu citizens, mumu chieftains!

Where in the world have foreign firms "developed " a country?

I would love to know!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Mrquote: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
TheRareGem1:
I think the silicon valley visit by Osinbajo is paying off. I went there, marvelled the investors and later, they announced that they are going to train 10million youths in Africa; out of this number, 5 million youths will come from Nigeria.

This again is coming after the VP had a virtual meeting with Hauwei and told them, they should help improve youths skills.

Sensible youths will key into this opportunity. Keep your eyes open and your ears wide because information will be rolled out ...don't just wail. It's 2021.. go easy on wailing
Make sure to rollout the link for application. Information is key and stop being sensible.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by 2010goingon: 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
PHijo:
Mumu country, mumu citizens, mumu chieftains!

Where in the world have foreign firms "developed " a country?

I would love to know!

You are right

Nothing is for free , but unfortunately the price must be paid sometimes
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by TheGift: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
CSTRR:
Electricity electricity electricity.
Without stable electricity, FDI would be poor.

Imagine PEOPLE coding at Facebook and NEPA carry light.

Hundreds of Lines of codes disappear.

Imagine NEPA "carry light" at Facebook and there is no back up power... Unimaginable.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by bash8936: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
Think9ja:
He still won't be president come 2023.

Sha na ur father go kon become president then.
Since u are against this and that...Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by mustafaa: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
2010goingon:

Nigeria is already too late , forget India they are light years ahead in technology. Nigeria is not even in the picture.

IBM , Google , Microsoft , Intel , AMD , Qualcomm etc have their R & D , product centers etc in India since last 2 decades.

But it is a welcome step , we can atleast try to generate some employment through this and learn from them

Importantly we must support our local software companies and encourage our youths.

Maybe this will kick some sense into the mumu politicians

Yeah, I agree with you. We are late but not too late. That Nigeria is attracting these companies in Buhari's time says a lot about his governance and sense of vision for Nigeria.

Siemens power project, railway, roads, broadband infrastructure, ports etc, we are just getting the basics right under Buhari and Osibanjo.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
TheRareGem1:
I think the silicon valley visit by Osinbajo is paying off. I went there, marvelled the investors and later, they announced that they are going to train 10million youths in Africa; out of this number, 5 million youths will come from Nigeria.

This again is coming after the VP had a virtual meeting with Hauwei and told them, they should help improve youths skills.

Sensible youths will key into this opportunity. Keep your eyes open and your ears wide because information will be rolled out ...don't just wail. It's 2021.. go easy on wailing
I hope your post will not end up in vain considering several issues.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by TheRareGem1(f): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mrquote:

Make sure to rollout the link for application. Information is key and stop being sensible.

No problem. Me self want am.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Think9ja(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
bash8936:

Sha na ur father go kon become president then.
Since u are against this and that...Nonsense!

Hopefully, I will mention you when the winner of the 2023 presidential election has been announced.
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by tsdarkside(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
very bad idea....

you dont allow your enemies go near your stuff....

nigeria has software people....why even bother with white people....??
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by tsdarkside(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2021
this is how they managed to conquer a whole continent....

blacks talk too much....
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by tc2od: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
1DFWbieeinWE2XiH5zafhAXuXZbfF8cFti

Surprise me in this 2021 Nothing is too small that is my bitcoin wallet address. Help a brother Nija no the smile ooo

1DFWbieeinWE2XiH5zafhAXuXZbfF8cFti
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Mrquote: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
TheRareGem1:

No problem. Me self want am.
You might end up not knowing self
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2021
Dead on arrival. Common electricity una no get!
Re: Osinbajo Welcomes Microsoft's Offer To support Nigeria's ESP by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
The real questions are not been asked, HOW?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: Buhari Will Be Answerable To Allah – Bafarawa / N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! / Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.