Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax (18618 Views)

N3m Fraud: Gombe Judge Asks Convict To Pay N20 To Avoid 3-year-jail Term / Soldiers Take Over Lagos Island As Hoodlums Harrass Shop Owners / VIDEO: Tight Security In Maiduguri As Buhari Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by privaldo: 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Roger3D:
Then why can't you ibos just get the hell out of Maiduguri and take your business elsewhere?

Did you read what he wrote or you rushed to use your free data to comment? Just in case you didn't read, here's a summary, "He said the Igbos won't be bothered by the tax because residents of Bornu will end up paying it due to price hike".

Also, he is a citizen of Bornu and not an Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Na waiting Gandolla be won do kano people dat day be dat before dey change it for him

After paying for shop rent far.

Oga u dey Learn bad attitude

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by privaldo: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
johnmartus:
If the new policy not favor them they should relocate to where they don't paying tax.

Read, and don't be in a haste to comment. He said the residents will suffer due hike in price of goods to match up the tax. He never said Igbos will complain but rather citizens, and residents of Borno will suffer it.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by ariesbull: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:
Ask yourselves how many Shops are owned by an Hausa or Fulani person? I know this new tax rate will be taking more serious on that Igbo businessman than that Kunu or kuli kuli seller shop.

Funny thing is that it always hit back on we Hausas. Igbo man rice importation business was blocked, rice rose from 8000 to 35000. Isn't it foolishness to rejoice when government torment this hardworking people?

Now, wen they pay 20k, won't they simple raise their commodity price? Last last, na still we go pay the tax. Very unfortunate

They would simply transfer the cost of tax to the goods.... It doesn't affect the seller... The buyer would have to pay the tax indirectly

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by ariesbull: 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
johnmartus:
If the new policy not favor them they should relocate to where they don't paying tax.

Please get sense

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Mrquote: 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:
Ask yourselves how many Shops are owned by an Hausa or Fulani person? I know this new tax rate will be taking more serious on that Igbo businessman than that Kunu or kuli kuli seller shop.

Funny thing is that it always hit back on we Hausas. Igbo man rice importation business was blocked, rice rose from 8000 to 35000. Isn't it foolishness to rejoice when government torment this hardworking people?

Now, wen they pay 20k, won't they simple raise their commodity price? Last last, na still we go pay the tax. Very unfortunate
Very unfortunate indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Mrquote: 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arrewa:
your eastern politicians are the biggest theives of all time!! This is lift a Twitter... We've now confirm from a reliable source but you've rushed to display your hatred!!

Zulum is better than all eastern politicians put together
We are talking about the tax here not propaganda bro focus. What have this governor of urs done to improve ur life?

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Judemarco31(m): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
When I saw the huge sum of money (200 billion naira plus) appropriated as 2021 budget for Borno state, I knew that it is the poor masses that will suffer it.

How can Borno state that doesn't have anything make such budget and Boko guys has made things more worst than ever.

Some States like Anambra state that have what it takes to fund a budget never reach up to that amount.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by SmartPolician: 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

This thread is not about the igbos

Stay on topic

Igbos don't own Bornu State
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by bigcasava1(m): 12:01am On Jan 09, 2021
Igbo their target. My people leave that dead state
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by adeniyi65(m): 12:21am On Jan 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see hardship biting harder. I see people begging to eat, I see government officials growing fatter on the blood of the masses, I see a big river turned red with the blood of the innocent. We need to be more prayerful.
grin grin one of the reason why I love nairaland is that.people are real with their monikers.just look up at the moniker of the person i quoted. FalseProphet1 dishing it out as e dey hot.

2 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Original4u94: 12:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by godssuch67: 12:30am On Jan 09, 2021
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Lightorder: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

I have come to realize that, if you lock Igbo business men in , they will lock you out; when you lock them out, they will lock you in. Governor Zulum’s people will simply inherit that fee or even more. More reasons to make more profits
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 09, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

Abokis no go like this.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by CSTRR: 1:15am On Jan 09, 2021
even in a war zone, this idiot is increasing taxes.
I no blame you.

2 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Respect55(m): 1:26am On Jan 09, 2021
Thought you guys said those of us in the South are Wailers? Leave our signature for us and enjoy your north. North is peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by thatigboman: 1:38am On Jan 09, 2021
Arrewa:
your eastern politicians are the biggest theives of all time!! This is lift a Twitter... We've now confirm from a reliable source but you've rushed to display your hatred!!

something is seriously wrong with you this boko haram informant.
Is anything manufactured or produced in borno? Not even rice or beans or ordinary fish.
Ur boko haram borno govt depends on 100% federal govt import and allocation, just like your kaduna, katsina, sokoto, zamfara and hadejia. Parasite!

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by calcal: 1:49am On Jan 09, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

Hausa sold their soul to their Fulani slave master until they are set free, they will keep paying.

the funny thing is that they are paying tax with no social security benefit waiting for them in the future. asshole

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by vioment: 3:03am On Jan 09, 2021
It depends on what the tax intentions are for.

It might be to help, in addition to state finances, to help make the market organized, more secure, and conducive for business.

Oga Zulum no dey do/too do mumu/nzuzu things.

On a serious note, I hope he reduces the street hawking to give the shop owners or designated places more chance to succeed. If you are a good hawkers, get a business or go work with/for somebody with a shop.

Also increase your designated places that people can get free food, cooked and uncooked. After all there is instability there.

In Lagos, a bus driver will pay ekelebe, pay tout, pay others, pay the same thing in five places, all in the same day. That is on top of other taxes, and they still go and borrow money to put the state in debt. Mediocre results in many projects.

I look forward to knowing his intentions on this issue.

I study Zulum and Umahi leadership pattern and wisdom. So far so good.
My loyalty no be tattoo. I believe them sha. I wish dem well.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Murrynmama: 4:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

Mumu man, the name you see on that receipt sounds like an Igbo name to u abi? 90% of the shop owners are Borno indigene 8% are Hausas only 2% from the south.

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Murrynmama: 4:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

Mumu man, the name you see on that receipt sounds like an Igbo name to u abi? 90% of the shop owners are Borno indigene 8% are Hausas only 2% from the south.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Arabaincubus: 4:36am On Jan 09, 2021
APC and hardship for the masses. The people are simply wicked.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Isobug: 5:06am On Jan 09, 2021
Arrewa:

This is what you believe not a generalization, after all they are sparsely enough evidence to show he's is best Governor as you people suggest

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by mrnelsono(m): 5:25am On Jan 09, 2021
wahala be like bicycle
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by sameks08(m): 5:58am On Jan 09, 2021
so all this petit traders will pay 20thousand from where Zulum re you aware of this

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by mamaafrik(m): 6:47am On Jan 09, 2021
This one self don dey craze small small.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by mu2sa2: 6:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Arrewa:

Don't mind the hypocrites. How much is 20k? That's just N1666 per month. This is less than what any shop owner spends on airtime for his/her phone. With the massive development projects being delivered across Borno, if people don't pay reasonable taxes, do they expect governor Zulum to pluck money from trees to fund the projects? All these ipobians spewing trash are brainless.

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Reference(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2021
Just preoaring his people for post-oil realities. It is up to the people to respond with demands for accountability. When government asks for your books, ask for theirs in return.

Democracy works when everyone is held accountable and made responsible.

The governor has merely fired the first shots in the battle for fiscal liberty.

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by whytediamond(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see hardship biting harder. I see people begging to eat, I see government officials growing fatter on the blood of the masses, I see a big river turned red with the blood of the innocent. We need to be more prayerful.

Your moniker just saved you false prophet.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Trustedpro: 7:37am On Jan 09, 2021
This is the same Zulum they are repackaging to us. All politicians are the same govern by same wild beast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zoning Of 2023 Presidency Divides PDP Govs, Federal Lawmakers / I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Peter Obi: Nig Did Not Achieve A Single Goal Of MDG Under PDP Govt Frm 2000_2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.