Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints (5313 Views)

INEC Releases Interim Report, Acknowledges Violence In Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Others / INEC Releases Presidential Results From 10 LGs In Ogun State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by oluwabamis(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2011
In its quests to ensure that the rights of all Nigerians who come out to vote in the Saturday April 2 election exercise are unhindered, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in its tweeter page, has announced that physically challenged persons are entitled to have someone assist them in voting.

The commission also released mobile phone lines through which all SMS reports could be sent and acted upon. It urged complainants to send such text messages to 0816 666 2222 or Call 0707-027-3671 to 9.

"Do not forget to add time and voting location along with the incidence report. To enable INEC respond promptly, reports should reflect details such as location, time, and action involved in the incident," it states.

The commission, however, states its resolve to decentralise voting in polling units with large number of registrants in a way that all voting points shall cater for not more than 300 voters each.

In order to achieve this, it states that, "any polling units with more than 300 voters will be sub-divided into voting points for ease of accreditation and balloting," claiming that "the present leadership of INEC has pledged to observe the law in strict terms, and to leave no room for any official violating the law."
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5686397-146/story.csp
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by anishe(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2011
We are waiting. Lets see how it goes.
All we need is a free and fair election.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by software(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
will this really work? Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed and keep watching,
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by dipo4(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
this is just for protocol sake, to fulfill all righteousness. the real logistics still have pending hitches. anywayz, God knows we are moving forward steadily and gradually, @ least the masses are getting more enlightened. Let the elections just come and lets have fun jare! wink
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by bababuff(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2011
Already planning to fail. angry
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by ideylaff: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2011
Called the numbers rather than send a text ,  someone picked up and said this is Don Jazzy

HELLO ASO ROCK can I Hep uuuuuuuuuuu
cheesy
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by estatemark(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
software:

will this really work? Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed and keep watching,

For how long should we continue to sit on the fence waiting for things to work out for us. lets take this choice and make things work for us by taking note of these numbers provided by INEC, informing others arround us to do same. It is our responsibilty.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by bigfat05: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
kolo naija scammers
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Fhemmmy: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2011
Will the phone be carried by PDP members?
Will the Phones be carried by ANPP members
Would it be given to be taken care of by CPC members?

Or what would be the plan, in a nation where there is no law, where the president is able to use the resources of the nation to be elected, in a nation where there is no order . . . . .

I hear oh
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by ideylaff: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2011
INEC,
hhmmmmm

That JEGA flew in his Chopper/Helicopter over ballot boxes in the last Delta State Election, and did not take into account that they were dumped and contained the genuine electorates votes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUC0QkGXDU

INEC = ? Lets wait and see,
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Tokotaya: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
ideylaff:

Called the numbers rather than send a text , someone picked up and said this is Don Jazzy

HELLO ASO ROCK can I Hep uuuuuuuuuuu
cheesy

This is not a joking matter!
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by ideylaff: 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2011

Sorry Bro, Apologies,
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Fhemmmy: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
Tokotaya:

I see all these nonsense as a joke . . . .cos the uniformed man with weapon is yet to stop rigging and now they wanna put some money into the pocket GSM coys and we all know nothing will come out of it
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Natasha2(f): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
hmm well I hope they have plans for riverine areas,  I believe there will be free and fair election in few states not all.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by mrofficial(m): 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2011
What's this [b]666 [/b]number? wink
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by mrofficial(m): 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
Besisdes, it should have been like a customer care number, whereby you won't get the busy tone.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by 3kay945(m): 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2011
i hope jega get this right , i will be loving him. the man is handsome grin and fine dude normally behave well unlike the past ugly shocked shocked things.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by DrKnow1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2011
Nothing has been said about what will happen to anybody caught with irregularities.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Damolux01(m): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2011
I did my registration buh gat no voter's card, pls, how do i go abt it.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by yimiton(f): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
This is a laudable initiative. I sincerely hope these numbers work when they are needed. My only fear is that area boys and touts may be on the look out for anybody making complain calls or sending complain sms. Just be careful that you're in a safe place before you make that call or send that sms.
It will also be a good idea to go with your camera phones, take pictures of any irregularities and send them online. but again, caution is the word!
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by lwise(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2011
I pray that the election will be free and fair sha.

Wonders shall never end,a boy that can recite the alphabet backwards at the age of one and halve years,

With an IQ 170
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-635848.0.html
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by LoveKing(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
ideylaff:

hhmmmmm

That JEGA flew in his Chopper/Helicopter over ballot boxes in the last Delta State Election, and did not take into account that they were dumped and contained the genuine electorates votes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUC0QkGXDU

INEC = ? Lets wait and see,

After seeing that Video, my verdict is that there aint gonna be free/fair election.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Tokotaya: 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I see all these nonsense as a joke . . . .cos the uniformed man with weapon is yet to stop rigging and now they wanna put some money into the pocket GSM coys and we all know nothing will come out of it

Bros, we don't have to be negative all the time. Let us give this a trial and then complain if it fails. Not before.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by SkyBlue1: 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2011
Tokotaya:

Bros, we don't have to be negative all the time. Let us give this a trial and then complain if it fails. Not before.

Voice of reason. Some posts really just irritate. If number wasn't put up people would complain and whine, if it was put up people would still complain and whine. Sometimes one just has to close their eyes and do something in Nigeria despite all the noises you hear because there is bound to be whining.
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by JUO(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
we need an emailed address so that we can upload pictures and videos
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by kcjazz(m): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2011
Also BB pin for complaints and irregularities
For those who haven't heard, you can now chat with Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on BlackBerry smiley PIN: 2687A1CA
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by fzmorris: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=24pt]For the full result of the poll visit http://sites.google.com/site/nigerian2011election/home/Result[/size]
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by sley4life(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
i dont blv those hotlines are credible. its just 4 fun. I dont think INEC has time to trace calls. Its just for formality
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by eros(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2011
Good move . . . .
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by fzmorris: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=16pt]Dear fellow members of Nairaland,

Based on all the debates and all the discussions so far, the key questions such as Unemployment, Crime, Bribery & Corruption, the Niger Delta issue, Our Reserves, Strategic Planning for the future, Road and Infrastructure, Health care etc have still not been answered. We need to pin these candidates down now or never, let them answer these crucial questions, let us ensure that the 2011 Presidential election is hopefully conducted and won strictly on ideas and policy to ensure that we set our great nation back on track.

Can any one on Nairaland provide us with email addresses that actually work for the five main Presidential Candidates (as we have already tried a few from their individual websites that don't seem to work) so that we can put more questions to the Presidential aspirants, publish all such responses widely, even in the local print media.

We look forward to receiving this information.

Regards
Francis Morris (Managing Partner) - http://sites.google.com/site/nigerian2011election [/size]
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by otokx(m): 1:47am On Apr 01, 2011
candidates do not have the ''luxury'' of checking email addresses
Re: Inec Releases Hotlines For Complaints by Sulerabdul(m): 7:02am On Apr 01, 2011
Ooo!!! Boy our only hot line is Akasa, A tsare, A raka, A jira,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attack On Agip Boat In Bayelsa Kills One / Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire That Gave Jonathan 5 Billion Naira! / Breaking News: Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Wike- SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.