Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Orlu: The Untold Story - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orlu: The Untold Story (24241 Views)

Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / How Boko Haram Killed Soldiers In Borno & Yobe: The Untold Story - Premium Times / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

It is not about what part of Anambra... The truth is that in igbo land Anambra is the first person and state in terms of busineess, education, development, commerce and culture

The dialect is the best ... Even other states of Igbo accept this ... So you can argue

Which dialect in Anambra are you talking about here. To the best of my knowledge there are many igbo dialects and sub dialects in Anambra. Is it Awka, or Ogbaru, or Oru or Onicha etc
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

If by Bini you mean Edo then you would be right since Anioma are Edo. Also, now it seems you are just talking only to talk and not to make sense.

Yawns...Lol
Mr go and sleep...
I don't entertain illogicality and I have little patience for Fu...uuulsss..
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
Now, tell me how Biafra will work with such envious people? For me, Anambra is big enough to be a nation on its own

Exactly.... The envious of otheers is getting annoying

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

It is not about what part of Anambra... The truth is that in igbo land Anambra is the first person and state in terms of busineess, education, development, commerce and culture

The dialect is the best ... Even other states of Igbo accept this ... So you can argue
Inferiority complex on the loose again. Lol! Elevating yourself due to insecurity. So what is the fears. Learn to limit this inferiority to your clans. Words like Anambra and Imo are nebulous and foreign to us.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

Which dialect in Anambra are you talking about here. To the best of my knowledge there are many igbo dialects and sub dialects in Anambra. Is it Awka, or Ogbaru, or Oru or Onicha etc

Anambra dialect generally... I am from Anambra and there are minute difference ... Once any Anambra speaks you will know...

They have 90% similarity... They are similar ... Dialect just like owerri, Nekede and

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

"Lamdgrabbers" isn't that the reputation the Igbos have all over Nigeria ? You guys should take a look at a mirror from time to time. Nobody is more a landgrabber than the Igbo. So you calling anybody landgrabber is just like Hitler calling a deer hunter "murderer".

Please, what can you contribute ? You arent Igbo , are you ? Do you speak Igbo ?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

Those with inferiority complex always hide behind the nebulous word Anambra to hide their insecurity. I’m yet to hear people use the word Imo man, Enugu man, Delta man, Rivers man etc to propagate inferiority complex.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

The central Anambra dialect spoken in Awka and Onicha. Just like the central Igbo dialect spoken in Asaba, the Enuani.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

Anambra dialect generally... I am from Anambra and there are minute difference ... Once any Anambra speaks you will know...

They have 90% similarity... They are similar ... Dialect just like owerri, Nekede and
So what dialect do you speak of in this nebulous Anambra?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
Inferiority complex on the loose again. Lol! Elevating yourself due to insecurity. So what is the fears. Learn to limit this inferiority to your clans. Words like Anambra and Imo are nebulous and foreign to us.

You keep throwing this insecurity around. Madam , give me a reason why an Anambra man should feel insecure ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

The central Anambra dialect spoken in Awka and Onicha. Just like the central Igbo dialect spoken in Asaba, the Enuani.
Awka dialect is more closer to what is spoken in Oji river Enugu than Onitsha.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
ihialas are not related to them in any way. Even awo idemili that is closer to ihiala is more related to Anambra than orlu
lols Awo idemilli in Orsu, Imo are pure Oru stock related to Umuhuokabia(Imo) ,isseke and orsumoghu in ihiala while Uli and amorka also in Ihiala are brothers to Ibiasoegbe , Mgbidi, Egbu ,Ubulu, Ohakpu which are all Oru towns in Imo state. Dont misinform people here. Keep yiur divisive narratives to yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:

You keep picking what you chose to understand from everything I wrote. I said central Anambra dialect spoken in Awka which developed NATURALLY! I believe you can read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Dedetwo(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Amah70:

Bros. This is not a Nigeria vs Biafra war thread. It’s not a thread on your hometown Owerri Vs Orlu.

It’s like an exhibition thread on Orlu senatorial district. Orlu is the heart of Igbo land.

Eastern Palm university in Ogboko, Ideato South in Orlu senatorial zone.

You have earned yourself another feather, insincerity. You cried river on this forum not long ago that Orlu urban or Orlu senatorial district has nothing to show for its position in Imo State. Suddenly, another well-meaning Orlu chap has woken you up from a deep slumber with slides of progress in Imo west. Anyway, you were not tagged village tout for nothing. I suggest you should not indicate your father’s compound with a left hand regardless of the hardship.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

You keep throwing this insecurity around. Madam , give me a reason why an Anambra man should feel insecure ?
Anambra man again. Lol! Did you see me use the term Imo man to describe myself? I use Orlu because its more unique to me geographically than the nebulous word Imo man. And when you come to Orlu zone, I’ll tell you that I’m an Umuaka man with Isu heritage. Luckily our ancestors kept our oral history intact.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by BeijinDossier: 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:

Stop saying what you don't know. Awka is related to Onitsha in dialect, never Oji River or any part of Enugu state. In Awka and Onitsha dialect you will find similar words like "ife", "isi, etc, something people of Oji don't speak . My problem with some of you people is that you guys always wanna tell Anambra people their hstory and origin, which you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
You are also correct. Parts of Nnewi south , Ekwusigo, and all of Ihiala LGAs used to be under Orlu division of Owerri Province. Their dialects are also almost the same with Orsu, Orlu and Oru which are border LGAs in Imo state. A lot of kith and kins were separated while states were being apportioned. For example, Orsumoghu in Anambra and Umuhuokabia(Lazarus Mouka community) in Imo states are brothers same as isseke - Ibiasiegbe -Amorka, Ubulu yet partitionrd into different states.
In bold:

Exactly. Even when new state was about to be created in the South east around 2006, political leaders in these parts of Nnewi and whole of Ihialla local government area opted to join Njaba state proposal with the 12 local government areas in Orlu senatorial zone.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

This tells me you havent travelled widely in Anambra. There are big and very diverse differences between the dialects spoken in central Anambra compared to North and south Anambra. If an Nzam man or even Aguleri speaks his dialect the Ozobulu Ojoto Aloh, Agulu man go look am somehow. Same with parts of ihiala that speaks Oru. This mutuality and differences cross in between states especially among border communities.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
BeijinDossier:

Stop saying what you don't know. Awka is related to Onitsha in dialect, never Oji River or any part of Enugu state. In Awka and Onitsha dialect you will find similar words like "ife", "isi, etc, something people of Oji don't speak . My problem with some of you people is that you guys always wanna tell Anambra people their hstory and origin, which you don't know.
But this video proves otherwise? Onitsha dialect is similar to what is spoken in Asaba. Awka dialect is similar to what is spoken in Oji River. An Awka man cannot run from his neigbour in Oji river to form kinship with a man in far away Onitsha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYjJ3O83u_I

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
lols Awo idemilli in Orsu, Imo are pure Oru stock related to Umuhuokabia(Imo) ,isseke and orsomoghu in ihiala while Uli and amorka also in Ihiala are brothers to Ibiasoegbe , Mgbidi, Egbu ,Ubulu, Ohakpu to which are all Oru towns in Imo state. Dont misinform people here. Keep yiur divisive narratives to yourself.

The migration in these areas went southward not the other way. You had spill over into Imo from people whose original home land was in Anambra.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

The migration in these areas went southward not the other way. You had spill over into Imo from people whose original home land was in Anambra.
Any source or proof to this assertion? migration can be any direction. Research on those communities i mentioned nd find out for yourself. Even if you are correct, that doesn't give credence to what adadike opined.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

Well I am not Igbo, I am Edo and I was on a thread of my Anioma people and our Oba when some of your hoodlooms came to say rubbish.
Also right here, I responded to some of you who keep dragging us along into your imaginary Igbo country.
Talk about your south-eastern people and let us be

Whoever dragged you in Edo into an imaginary Igbo country?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
Anambra man again. Lol! Did you see me use the term Imo man to describe myself? I use Orlu because its more unique to me geographically than the nebulous word Imo man. And when you come to Orlu zone, I’ll tell you that I’m an Umuowa man with Isu heritage. Luckily our ancestors kept our oral history intact.

You contradict yourself. Orlu is not homogeneous in origin. If you dont care about your Imo identity how is that my problem. I love my Anambra identity , Idenmili identity , Nri/Okodu heritage.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Dedetwo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
okoooo

Ledaa ndi ojoo( See bad people ooo). Aguduma ata unu ria ria( I no go blame una at all at all). Unu amadu suu Orlu wu eze(una no know say Orlu na King dem be). Anda gbaha ya agbaha.( arguement no dey am at all) EML nwannemu jishike( EML my brother bravo).. Igudu atata kaa mmiri Njaba. Iseee ( just like Njaba River no fit dry, U maself no fit dry in all areas of ur life. Amen..)

If u wan learn my dialect always listen to Chief Imo comedy. he speaks pure Isu- Orlu dialect.

Are you from Amandugba?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Any source or proof to this assertion? migration can be any direction. Research on those communities i mentioned nd find out for yourself. Even if you are correct, that doesn't give credence to what adadike opined.

Igbo migration went southward and the dialectical shift is there as a proof. For instance , as you go south from Idenmili you will notice the towns in Idenmili south like Awka Etiti, Oraukwu , Nnobi begins to sound a bit like the Anaedo dialects fo Ekwusigo and Nnewi north.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
This area is Orlu- gedegwum town(Ishiobiuwku) starting from the local govt office at Enugu road down to Eluama and Abor village bordered by Amike Town . I wrote about them in my thread on the origin of the Orlu nomenclature. People from this place find it hard to tell outsiders even in Orlu LGA that they are from Orlu Town. They will always be asked what part of Orlu. Lol

https://www.nairaland.com/6352206/re-only-city-12-l.g.a

It’s believed that people from that place don’t engage in political discourse. And they are very few in population anyway.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
Amah70:

In bold:

Exactly. Even when new state was about to be created in the South east around 2006, political leaders in these parts of Nnewi and whole of Ihialla local government area opted to join Njaba state proposal with the 12 local government areas in Orlu senatorial zone.

Story. What you had were political players who stand to gain from the new state creation pushing for the partition. The people , their traditional institutions and academics are well comfortable and proud to be Ndi Anambra.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
Amah70:

Whoever dragged you in Edo into an imaginary Igbo country?
Lol! It really baffles me how someone with an alien language to the Anioma will still rush to claim kinship with them. There are Edoid groups in Degema, Yenagoa etc with similar language as his people yet you won’t see them claim relationship with those group. In due time, the Benin’s will tell us what they buried in Anioma that they are yet to collect. Classic case of landgrabbing at its finest.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
Dedetwo:

Are you from Amandugba?
Am from Amaike
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Dedetwo(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
pazienza:
For example. "Leave this place" in central Anambra is " si ebea puo".

In Owerre Ezukalla, Ogbunka, Umunze and Nkerehi(Umuchukwu), it is "Shi kaa fuo" , and that's exactly how it is said in Isuochi and Eziama in Umunneochi.

The popular Igbo food called "Abacha" in Central Igbo is called "Ighu" in this part of Orumba south in Anambra and Umunneochi in Abia and are prepared alike.

You could not be more correct. I stayed in Umuaku, affer Amuda in Isuochi. A person can throw a stone from Umuaku in Isuochi, Abia State to Owerre Ezukalla, Orumba Ananmbra State.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Am from Amaike
Lol! Thats good. Can you click my link? I actually live in Lagos but didn’t come home this Xmas. How about you, did you travel to the villa?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by BeijinDossier: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
[s]
Emlproperties:
But this video proves otherwise? Onitsha dialect is similar to what is spoken in Asaba. Awka dialect is similar to what is spoken in Oji River. An Awka man cannot run from his neigbour in Oji river to form kinship with a man in far away OnitshaJ3O83u_I
[/s]

You obviously don't know anything about Anambra dialects. Focus on your Imo state and stop trying to discuss what you don't know. Awka has nothing in common in language and culture with Oji man. Pay more attention on your estate agent work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Takes His Campaign To Lagos: Pictures & Video / Nyesom Wike's Thank You Tour To Ogoni People. Live On AIT. Pictures / Police Officers Label Man A Fraudster, Withdraw All His Money With POS In Enugu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.