Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,295 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu (13534 Views)

Tinubu Is Playing Die With The North By Nasir Aminu / Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi / Katsina North By-election: Official Results As Declared By INEC (2) (3) (4)

List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by jaybenugo: 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
Kalu: Gift Of Democracy To Abia North - Reps Spokesman, Benjamin Kalu Lists Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements

Spokesperson of Nigerian House Of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu (MHR) has praised the leadership qualities of Senator Dr Orji Uzor Kalu in Abia State, IgbereTV reports.

Benjamin Kalu wrote:

Best thing that happened to Abia North Senatorial Zone was electing Dr Orji Uzor Kalu to the Senate . No senator would have been able to accomplish what he has achieved in these few months despite the six months of incarceration. Thank God the Senate leadership did not listen to wailers who wanted his seat declared vacant .

A seat many had occupied for longer period with next to nothing to show for it in the lives of our people. I am glad for boldly defending the Senate’s decision on the famous TVC interview , where I publicly told Nigerians that fair hearing was yet to be given to Dr Kalu and until he is heard at the Supreme Court , his right of appeal cannot be said to have been fully exhausted. This was when many were reluctant to speak up on this issue because they considered it sensitive.

What was more sensitive to me was the needs of the zone which he had assured me he wanted to take care of having missed a few of them as a Governor owing to the fight with the President that was in charge then . Today Dr Orji Kalu is impressively living up those promises he made to me in private and to Abia North in the public . Those in doubt should draw up the comparative analysis between him and the previous ones in their 17 months in office . You will be shocked at how well he has represented the Senatorial zone .

Ask around though we are very close and he raised me in politics but am one of his worst critics and would have told him if he was not accomplishing much as promised . Therefore, on behalf of Bende Federal constituency of Abia State who have mandated
me during the last town hall meeting and have asked me to publicly commend him for a job so well done so far and to pledge my support for future accomplishments considering his marks all around the Bende federal constituency, I hereby officially commend the Senator representing Abia North senatorial zone , Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu for changing the face of the zone within a short space of time in office despite initial challenges .

Truth be told it is not about the position as a Senator but the web of contacts he has built over the years , his wealth of good wills and his desire to bring dividends of democracy to the people of Abia North. Instead of influencing the projects out of our zone on selfish grounds he is insisting the electorates must experience the dividends of democracy from the present Government of APC. He is doing well and we are following his foot steps . No wonder the APC as a party is the most beautiful bride in Abia State today .

While we leave the big projects for him to handle we partner with him to cover the small ones . Because we are in it together ; The beauty of synergy , political cohesion and dedication to one goal under loyalty . Thanks for setting a good example for those of us that you are leading .

Abia North has not seen any thing yet , watch out for more in the coming years. We came to sincerely serve our deprived people , it is not about us it is about you the people . The people irrespective of political affiliation should encourage and support good governance, isn’t that what democracy preaches ?

I have been seen severally supporting any good works of the government of the state , where they score higher . Politics should not blindfold us away from truth and reality . Yes constructively criticise but to condemn where you ought to commend is not necessary. Does my political weight go down because I said well done to an opposition party who has scored a good point for the electorates ? The answer is no . If actually, we are in politics for the people , it should not be about self .

Often, others complain not because they are not seeing but because political blackmail is a strategic tool for them to attract a biased attention to their self centred needs over and above that of others . It is not effective once discovered, effective lobbying of the office holder is more strategic than blackmail and unfounded criticisms. There is still honour and truth in political governance remember as I have always said “ we were first brothers before we became politicians and will still be family after politics “. Therefore, let’s not destroy what holds us together first as a people .

There is no smartness in seeing the truth and politically or diplomatically speaking against it . See that Dr Orji Kalu is working and encourage him to do more for the zone rather than play to the gallery of pettiness against truth that stares in the face. Welcome to a brief summary of the catalog of some of his numerous interventions spread across the zone in the last 17 months ( even while he was incarcerated he worked for Abia North);

1. Rehabilitation of Three (3) Primary School Blocks in
a) Ndi Agwu Abam primary school
b) Okweji memorial school Ozu-Abam
c) Agbagwu primary school Aro-Town in Arochukwu L. G. A Abia North Senatorial District, Abia State.

2. Rehabilitation of 2Primary School Blocks in
a) Ugwuafia Primary School
b) Kpoke Primary school in Ohafia L. G. A Abia North Senatorial District, Abia State.

3. Rehabilitation of 2 Primary School Blocks at
a) Otamkpa Community School
b) Ahaba IMENYI Community School in Isiukwuato L. G. A, Abia North Senatorial District, Abia State.

4. Rehabilitation of Two Primary School Blocks at
a) Umuelem Central School, Isuochi
b) Eziama Community School, Nneato in Umunneochi L. G. A, Abia North Senatorial District, Abia State.

5. Rehabilitation of 3 Blocks at
A) OZUITEM CENTRAL SCHOOL
B) OKAFIA Primary school
C) ITEM CENTRAL SCHOOL, OKOKO
in Bende L. G. A Abia North Senatorial District, Abia State.

PROJECTS FOR ABIA NORTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT TO BE ACCOMMODATED IN 2021 BUDGET.
Agency: FEDERAL COOPERATIVE COLLEGE, OJI RIVER(FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE).

1. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt from Ututu to Isu in Arochukwu LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

2. Construction of 2km rural road with drainage and asphalt in Itumbuzo, Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District N180m.

3. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt from Apanu to Akanu in Item, Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

4. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt in Uzo Rubber in Amaokwe Item in Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

5. Construction of 2km rural road with drainage and asphalt in Amankalu Alayi to Akoli Imenyi in Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N180m.

6. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt in Amaoku Alayi in Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

7. Construction of 2km rural road with drainage and asphalt from Abia to Akanu Ukwu in Ohafia LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N180m.

8. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt Isiugwu, Ohafia LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

9. Construction of 2km rural road with drainage and asphalt in Uturu Township in Isuikwuato LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N180m.

10. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt from Ozara junction to Umuasu in Isuikwuato LGA (junction of university road), Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

11. Construction of 1km rural road with drainage and asphalt from Ndi Uduma Awaoke(Chief Awa Kalu SAN road) in Ohafia LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N90m.

12. Construction of students hostel in Holy Rosary Secondary school, Umuahia, N50m.

13. Supply of motorcycles, sewing machines and generating sets for Bende LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N100m.

14. Supply of motorcycles, sewing machines and generating sets for Ohafia LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N100m.

15. Supply of motorcycles, sewing machines and generating sets for Arochukwu LGA, Abia North Senatorial District, N100m.

16. Supply of wound gel and gynaecological (cervical cancer gel) for Abia North Senatorial District, N100m.

17. Supply of rice and fertilizers for rural women in the 5 LGAs of Abia North Senatorial District, N200m.

GRAND TOTAL=N2BN (TWO BILLION NAIRA)

Benjamin Kalu (MHR)
Spokesperson (HoR)

https://igberetvnews.com/1378715/sen-kalu-gift-democracy-abia-north-reps-spokesman/

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
Lol.. All in an attempt to become President? NEVER! 2023 is for the SW! No amount of blackmail, threats, image laundering and propaganda can change THIS FACT! I wonder why this man has failed to understand that Nigerians are NOT YET READY for a South East Presidency..

Again, NO AMOUNT of political gimmicking and quantum tunnelling can TRANSMIT your presidential ambition THROUGH this barrier! Even APC chairmanship NO SURE sef! grin

Anyway, no harm in trying.. cheesy

God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Chidex50(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Keep deceiving yourselves

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Sunkyapogee(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Very good.. Next bubu
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by felong(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Incognito403: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Wannabe BAT.

History, culture, architecture and everything else shows that SE is not capable of being organized.

You can only be organized when you have a structure and hierarchy.

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by dann190: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Na so... Well, more power to his elbow if they are all true....

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by jawalis(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
It’s hard to trust our politicians. Those projects might be another persons initiative

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by dejonathan(f): 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
No be u go come tell us,if he truly achieve all this the social media will have been agog with his achievements and praise...SO UNCLE BENJAMIN PLS STFU

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Omoslim26: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2021

Seconded

nothing will ever change the fact dat he is a thief and an unrepentant ex convict

shame no dey this country at all

tufiakwa

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Zico5(m): 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
We don hear, no be cos of 2023. But just be reminded that OUK will never smell that Aso rock. We are tired of these old kargos ruling us. Present a god-fearing man from Igbo land then we will follow. OUK is not the deal.
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by solmusdesigns: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
I hope he doesn't loot anymore
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Sisikay: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
With which money wink wink
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by ednut1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
A common thief. I served in Abia state and could not understand the hype around this man. Nothing in the State except good roads in umuahia

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Ceekaycee: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
Only if we can be truthful...
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by themosthigh: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
Supply of wound gel and gynaecological (cervical cancer gel) for Abia North Senatorial District, N100m.

[Each of these gels costs 300 Naira. 100 million divided by 300 = 333,333 pieces. That’s will fit into 160 lorries ( where did they store it? and is enough get for the state to use in 10 years. That’s shows that this is a lie.

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by RoyaltyQueen(f): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
Kali packaging kalu. he isn't using his personal fund, so its not a big deal. he is a lawmaker & by extension how many beneficial bills has he sponsored. our eye don clear, say bye bye to chop chop politician.

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Bar1941(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ordinary LG chairman can do more than those premature works he did, btw you forgot to mention the project he did for his alma mater (Nigerian Prison Service).....

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Liposure: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
All in a bid to clinch the aso rock hot seat in 2023. It won't work
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by AmadiAba: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
God bless OUK
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by ShackWes(f): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
stop forcing this thief on us
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ok... What about his achievement as a governor
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by osusuallstars: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
Why was the only acclaimed achievements on rehabilitation of primary schools not tagged cost ?

You are all clowns
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by tutudesz: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
What was is achievement has Governor for 8 years and how many Bill's has he sponsor
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by ayenale1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Did he use his personal money to do them...the answer is no! In a sane country a LG chairman will do more than those things and he will pursue his own job of law making...
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by singwa: 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
They've started the clean up process like Ogoni clean up.

But matter how much they try, they can't clean the fact that he messed up as a governor off my memory.
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Yankee101: 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
Stop wasting your time. Kalu won't rule nigeria
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Ojiofor: 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
To be honest as someone from Abia North, I think he has done more already than other senators in the past 22 years.
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by manhood(m): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Forget these politicians and check my signature
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by Tareq1105: 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nigeria in search of a true leader.
Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by DrChukki: 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
Orji Uzor Kalu made Abia state what it is today.. I mean the Dustbin of The Nation.

After his 8 years of failure, he handed over to another super-failed personality, who turned Abia state into a dirty river.

It's a pity this same guy became senator and is now eyeing to become a president...

I'm an Igbo man, but instead of me voting Kalu for presidency, I better vote Buhari for 3rd term.

Re: List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu by elvisco10(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
na him moni..him dey use?

Group Set To Host FULANI Peace Summit To Review Herdsmen Crisis With Farmers / GEJ At A PDP Rally In Akure On Saturday - Beautiful Pic / Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents