Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 (52841 Views)

Audu Japheth & Kabson Beloved Ziryi Wrongly Arrested & Paraded By EFCC / A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) / Delta Corper Raped By Michael Anigholor Of Grace Life International School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by benjackugo: 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Previous threads: https://www.nairaland.com/6356539/corper-odume-princess-paschaline-arrested

https://www.nairaland.com/6359973/akwa-ibom-corper-killed-him

Lady Claims She Was Raped By The Man Killed By A Youth Corp Member In Akwa Ibom (Video)

A young lady, Effiong Laurel Scott, has come out to claim she was raped by the man who was hacked to death by a youth corp member in Akwa Ibom, IgbereTV reports.

On Sunday, January 10, a youth corper named Princess Odume, was apprehended and handed over to the police for allegedly killing a man identified as Japhet Akwaowo.

Princess alleged that she killed him in self-defense after he threatened to kill her upon her refusal to oblige his request to remove her clothes so that he could have sex with her.

In a video that has now gone viral, Effiong alleged that Japheth also raped her in 2017 when she was 18.

In her words:

''My name Effiong Laurel Scott and I am from Akwa Ibom state. I heard about the incident that took place here in Uyo of the girl that butchered the guy to bits and pieces. I heard about it a few days ago but I did not think much of it until yesterday.

I was just scrolling through Facebook and I saw a comment on the post that stated 'Even if it was a rape case, why would she kill the guy?'.

That caught my attention and I went through the post and I started reading through and this was the girl's side of the story that said the guy tried to rape her.

I was like let me see the girl's photo and the guy's photo.

As God would have it, it turns out that this was the guy that raped me in 2017, July 17th to be precise in Etinan local government.''

Giving details of how it happened, Effiong said;

''My family and I came back to Akwa Ibom in 2012. I grew up in Maiduguri. Due to the security, insurgency and all that, we came back to Akwa Ibom state.

My dad was transferred top Etinan and we moved to Etinan to be with him. I celebrated my 18th birthday on May 11 and this incident happened in July. I was on my way out on a bike. This guy trailed me on the bike and came to me. He stopped the bike that I was on. He got the number. This guy is actually a rapist and a killer.

He is not just a rapist, He is a serial rapist.

So this guy met me. He sounded so sound. The guy was like since you are in a haste, just give me your number. When you come back we would get to see and talk. Me too I was in a haste so I was like let me just give him my number, it's not like I was going to pick his call.

On my way back home, when I was on the exact spot that he met me to get my number, my phone rang and I picked up and he was like where are you?. I told him I was where he saw me. By this time, this was around 6.30 in the evening. In Etinan, by 6pm, everybody is already on their way home or in their houses. It is already late and almost dark.

He told me to stop by a filling station. I stopped by and stood beside it. Listen to the storyline so that you would know that the whole ''''jazz'' thing that the girl said is true and it is realistic. It is very very true that the guy uses ''jazz'' on his victims. He hypnotises them.

He told me that he told his Aunty that I was coming by to visit him. I was still having some sense in me. I was like no I cannot come to your house, I just met you. This guy kept on convincing me. We stood on that spot and kept on convincing me. At a time I was like, Okay, let me just waste my own time, let me go with this guy.

The road he entered and started taking me through was a bush track. He took me through that road and in my mind, I was like what are we doing here exactly. By the time we got into the house, the house was like a deserted place.

So I got into the house and the moment I saw it, I said I can't stay here. So I got up and told him I was going, maybe I would come another time. I reached for the door. Lo and Behold, the door was locked.

As I turned my back to ask him to open the door, this guy got a matchete and a pen knife. He told me in that girl's exact words that he will rape me and kill me and nobody will know about it and nobody will do anything about it. Yes! Those were his exact words to me too. No single thing changed.

I begged as an 18 year old. I begged. I cried. What didn't I do that day. I begged him. I was literally crying.

Fine, he still had his way with me. He had his way with me not once, twice. to be precise I got back home that night around 11pm. I snucked into the house, I had my bath. I cried my eyes. I cried for days.''

Effiong said she left Etinan a few weeks after the incident

''The only person I was able to tell this thing to then was my elder sister. Somehow he got to know that my elder sister knew about it. He started threatening her from that time. This guy's name is Akwaowo Japheth. That is his name. Quote me. I am the one saying it. This guy's name is Akwaowo Japheth. I can vouch on my life that that girl did not just want to murder him.''he said

She said the joy for her is that the deceased died a painful death. She insisted that the youth corper killed the deceased in self-defense. She called on other victims of the deceased to speak up so they can save the youth corper.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K3Li8_FjnE

https://igberetvnews.com/1378938/lady-claims-raped-man-killed-youth-corp-member-akwa-ibom-video/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by ChngedChnges(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
Bomb!!
"I was like let me give him my number, it's not like I was going to pick his call" and you later took the call.
He persuaded you to come to his house and you said "let me waste my time small" grin[left] some women are wonderful!!

Some ladies are quite shameless. Too bold to say she was raped by a deceased without considering the publicity. She can as well file a lawsuit against the dead.
+ she doesn't look 22 years old self.

Before I forget, I made it!!!!! grin grin FTC after 8 good solid years. I dedicate this noble achievement to all my fans.
#God no go shame us

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by ChngedChnges(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by falcon01: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
keep lying pesin wey die don die, he no fit talk.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by fati2001(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by DropsMic(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
There's no smoke without fire

moralistic:

Na ashawo business carry her reach the guy house, the guy do finish he no wan pay, and she killed him.

simple and short

Spoken like a true Nigerian.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by mekaw(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
hhmmm I have given up on female matter since 18bc

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Oluromantic: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2021
I hope she's saying the truth o. Lying on d dead can be dangerous much later.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 14, 2021
Let's fear God ooo

Aunty Corper is used to taking ikong ekpo abi weytin dem call am sef angry

3 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2021
this mama is wasting her time... as far the law is concerned, the guy was murdered... it was a clear murder case.... I foresee death sentence or life imprisonment ...no Matter the number of women that will come out to castigate the dead guy, it won't stop odume from life imprisonment or from getting her death sentence. honestly I feel for her and her family... but the law still remains the law....irrespective of whatever, this is a clear murder case

Na ashawo business carry her reach the guy house, the guy do finish he no wan pay, and she killed him.

simple and short

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 14, 2021
We expect more to come out to say or read the same lines. Some godforsaken hoes would get contracts with the help of some Police who would also like to have a taste of her th*ng

And if she's not guilty, may the truth prevail. Na murder case we dey talk sef angry

5 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:06am On Jan 14, 2021
God Is My Witness, Since I Was Born Till Now, I have not gain even mtn Recharge Card Of 50naira, From Any Nigerian Lady, So, To Me As UDOKA BEST LOVE, Nigerian Ladies Has Nothing To Offer Me Apart From Their Body.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Christimua: 6:17am On Jan 14, 2021
shocked
Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 14, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

All this talk seems charade to me. Let me analyze it base on what she wrote.

I was just scrolling through Facebook and I saw a comment on the post that stated 'Even if it was a rape case, why would she kill the guy?'.
That caught my attention and I went through the post and I started reading through and this was the girl's side of the story that said the guy tried to rape her.

So it was because of a Facebook comment you want to show your self abi?? During all those times when rape stories were trending did you talk? Compare the influence of a treading story and a mere Facebook comment. Abeg people which one get weight?

Me too I was in a haste so I was like let me just give him my number, it's not like I was going to pick his call.

Imagine? undecided

On my way back home, when I was on the exact spot that he met me to get my number, my phone rang and I picked up and he was like where are you?. I told him I was where he saw me. By this time, this was around 6.30 in the evening. In Etinan, by 6pm, everybody is already on their way home or in their houses. It is already late and almost dark.

After saying she Wont pick, now she pick wanting to meet him at such ungodly time.. Can't she postpone it since it is late?? She said jazz, at that time she was thinking in her right senses. Let's continue !!!

He told me to stop by a filling station. I stopped by and stood beside it. Listen to the storyline so that you would know that the whole ''''jazz'' thing that the girl said is true and it is realistic. It is very very true that the guy uses ''jazz'' on his victims. He hypnotises them

Imagine, jazz?
But you allow the jazz to work on you the moment you decide to see him at that ungodly hour.. Lies lies.

Imagine the way she sounded the 'very true' as if she has a witness. Truth is found in the mouth of two witness not one. Lies !!

The only person I was able to tell this thing to then was my elder sister

Lies lies !!

And you had parents? So for those years she kept calm with the whole event ? You didn't tell the police or your parents since you know his house? Please how do people lie without doing a constructive check? grin grin

I can vouch on my life that that girl did not just want to murder him.''he said

She said the joy for her is that the deceased died a painful death. She insisted that the youth corper killed the deceased in self-defense. She called on other victims of the deceased to speak up so they can save the youth corper.

How do she knows the intents of the girl? Am sensing a planned work. The way she's defending the Bea like she have known her for years.

Others to spew lies like the way you have done? May God forgive you !!!

All this girls going around lying about men raping you, may God judge you. If them tell una guys avoid sex before marriage una no go hear. Una see weytin the opposite dey curse

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by princeade86(m): 6:19am On Jan 14, 2021
they don dey start. hmmmm, he raped u twice, same day, and u just got home and took ur bath straight away even when u staying with ur parents. u can't tell them so that they can take u to d hospital and do test for u to have concrete evidence against the rapist and arrest him straight. what are u afraid of again? but pls where is our wife of the president?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by slawormiir: 6:19am On Jan 14, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Coronavirus84: 6:20am On Jan 14, 2021
Drama Queen well done. Olosho trying to save Olosho. I Fear woman indeed

56 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by joey150(m): 6:20am On Jan 14, 2021
We stood on that spot and kept on convincing me. At a time I was like, Okay, let me just waste my own time, let me go with this guy.

My people, my people! See how some girls waste time o. By going to a stranger's house.

The road he entered and started taking me through was a bush track. He took me through that road and in my mind, I was like what are we doing here exactly. By the time we got into the house, the house was like a deserted place.

And you kept on going. Like a sheep being led to the slaughter!

So I got into the house and the moment I saw it, I said I can't stay here. So I got up and told him I was going, maybe I would come another time. I reached for the door. Lo and Behold, the door was locked.

Imagine if she got into that house and saw a well furnished duplex. She would have made herself at home! She was just curious to see if it was a rich guy taking her to paradise.

Look, there's absolutely NO justification for rape. But, if you choose to be stupid, the odds increase dramatically.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by letskeeptalking: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2021
The comments on this thread are truly shocking. Now I'm beginning to agree that we have a rape culture in Nigeria.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Freeeanijor: 6:22am On Jan 14, 2021
The pussy cartel trying to save one of there own. Life is lost so any emotional blackmail tactics deployed to sway justice is "okoto meow meow". Pussy cartel vs the state.

26 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by weyreypey: 6:23am On Jan 14, 2021
UDOKABESTLUV:
God Is My Witness, Since I Was Born Till Now, I have not gain even mtn Recharge Card Of 50naira, From Any Nigerian Lady, So, To Me As UDOKA BEST LOVE, Nigerian Ladies Has Nothing To Offer Me Apart From Their Body.
Life must be tough for you. Change your circles.

11 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by WiszyFraud: 6:23am On Jan 14, 2021
. Storryyy

Every olosho now claiming to be a rape victim
Making it difficult for us to know the true rape victims sad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Dididrumz(m): 6:25am On Jan 14, 2021
Hmm
Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by elpochas: 6:27am On Jan 14, 2021
Dead men dont bite.So the dead man can never defend himself.Even the Bible said a living Dog is better than a dead Lion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by xcesspaschal(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2021
Story story....

6 Likes

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by GOFRONT(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2021
grin
Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Robertgreene1(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2021
interesting...that princess girl butchered that young man on a whoring basis..simple nd short..she wz my coursemate back @ UNN nd wz always smoking weed..clubbing nd whoring around town..at a point..she wz evn cohabiting wit my manest man..I told my man.."guy of all d babes in ds campus..so it is ds bitch dat u chose 2 cohabit with?..u dey try o"...infact dt girl is js abnormal..nd abnormal pple do abnormal things like butchering a young man like a salah ram..case closed..

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by fredwill1357(m): 6:27am On Jan 14, 2021
The guy uses charm to makes them follow him but doesn't use the same charm to make them sleep with him, the murderer said the guy brought a cutlass and threatened to kill her, how come she overpowered the guy, is overpowering a guy that easy? Moreover without some cuts on her side.

This is a clear murder case and the girl defaming the dead guy and other people that will still rise to defame the guy are all hired or related to the murderer one way or the other.

The guy might have offended the girl somehow though.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by Abovebest(m): 6:28am On Jan 14, 2021
Still searching for how the dead guy used "jazz" on her

Never will I support rape
But these ladies should be coming out with genuine stories

Why will a lady fellow a guy she just met home at that time of the day?

She got home by 11pm and her parent did not ask her where she was coming from at that time?

And why is she sharing the story now

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effiong Scott Claim Japheth Akwaowo Who Was Killed By A Corper Raped Her In 2017 by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:28am On Jan 14, 2021
She could be saying the truth. Experienced something of such yesterday, in a broad day light, one Aboki shoemaker was trying to touch the breast of a lady. The Aboki had this sokudalaye that's normally tie in a small white nylon in his hand, i guess he's intoxicated with it. You can imagine if it's a lonely path, he would definitely be aiming at raping the lady.

26 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo / Armed Herdsmen Shoot Travellers, Kidnap 1 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway(Pics,Video) / NDLEA Declares Prophetess, Celebrity Couple, Wanted Over Seized Illicit Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.