Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West (1102 Views)

Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Beaf: 5:20am On Apr 01, 2011
Don't be deceived by high level political shenanigans and dribbling moves in the presidential race (such as Babangida's very curious endorsement of Ribadu).
ACN and the SW that are about to be sucker punched. I'll explain.

There have always been only two forces in Nigerian politics since the Yar Adua saga; those against zoning and those for zoning; both these power blocks originated from the PDP. All other parties have largely become puns and bit players (knowingly or otherwise).

The principal actors on the pro-zoning side are Atiku and IBB. Their strengths? Atiku controls Ciroma's NPLF, IBB controls ACF and the Northern Stakeholders.
While other less visible pro-zoning PDP members and ALL members of the cabal (Turai, Ruma, Aliero etc etc) have decamped from PDP to CPC, the likes of Atiku and IBB have stayed behind, ostensibly to have an ear to the ground. However, both mens supporters and machinery has since moved into CPC.
The groundswell for CPC has little to do with Buhari, whose party has been stealthily hijacked by the Yar Adua cabal. It has become the devils party.

In my reading, the next piece of the jigsaw is to rid CPC off Buhari and his rigid style; in his place, the morally flexible ex-EFCC boss would do just fine (not that Buhari is a saint, its just that Ribadu is proving to be much farther away from sainthood). To that end, the Northern consensus candidate nonsense has been reborn, but this time, as an anti-PDP animal. Its the classic wolf in sheeps clothing.
After this weekends election, we will see strengthened calls for the consensus candidate. In the fast paced realignments, it would also become plain to the discerning, that Tinubu has sold the SW to the devil. I am 70% sure that the move that started with Babangida's dinner and ringing endorsement of Ribadu, will end with the sidelining of Buhari and mass movement of CPC machinery to ACN. That, people, is the real sucker punch; being sold to MKO's killers for a nickle and a dime.

-Beaf
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Chyz2: 5:39am On Apr 01, 2011
Beaf:

Don't be deceived by high level political shenanigans and dribbling moves in the presidential race (such as Babangida's very curious endorsement of Ribadu).
ACN and the SW that are about to be sucker punched. I'll explain.

There have always been only two forces in Nigerian politics since the Yar Adua saga; those against zoning and those for zoning; both these power blocks originated from the PDP. All other parties have largely become puns and bit players (knowingly or otherwise).

The principal actors on the pro-zoning side are Atiku and IBB. Their strengths? Atiku controls Ciroma's NPLF, IBB controls ACF and the Northern Stakeholders.
While other less visible pro-zoning PDP members and ALL members of the cabal (Turai, Ruma, Aliero etc etc) have decamped from PDP to CPC, the likes of Atiku and IBB have stayed behind, ostensibly to have an ear to the ground. However, both mens supporters and machinery has since moved into CPC.
The groundswell for CPC has little to do with Buhari, whose party has been stealthily hijacked by the Yar Adua cabal. It has become the devils party.

In my reading, the next piece of the jigsaw is to rid CPC off Buhari and his rigid style; in his place, the morally flexible ex-EFCC boss would do just fine (not that Buhari is a saint, its just that Ribadu is proving to be much farther away from sainthood). To that end, the Northern consensus candidate nonsense has been reborn, but this time, as an anti-PDP animal. Its the classic wolf in sheeps clothing.
After this weekends election, we will see strengthened calls for the consensus candidate. In the fast paced realignments, it would also become plain to the discerning, that Tinubu has sold the SW to the devil. I am 70% sure that the move that started with Babangida's dinner and ringing endorsement of Ribadu, will end with the sidelining of Buhari and mass movement of CPC machinery to ACN. That, people, is the real sucker punch; being sold to MKO's killers for a nickle and a dime.

-Beaf

Nice observation. It's clear that these guys will be gasping for air later on. What better time to get air while it's FRESH,now! cool

[img]http://2.bp..com/-wDhFNB65NnE/TXHcHWgxY2I/AAAAAAAAAGw/t4UKB0GL_nQ/s320/President_Goodluck_Jonathan.jpg[/img]
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by appletango: 5:46am On Apr 01, 2011
These dodgy vultures are keeping you up again, aren't they? Poor you, you can't sleep at night can you? All these games and intrigues and second guessing and misdirection! And it would all be so much fun to watch if it wasn't for the fact that you've invested so much blood and sweat and tears into this exercise of yours. I mean think about how much of your life you've lost on here. All these months. All these posts. And for what? To be foxed at the last by games played in the dead of night; by the real masters of the cloak and dagger. Ah beafy, I can see all these smoke and mirrors have got you so worked up that you've got these confused thoughts motoring around inside your head, and now you don't even know your left from your right!! Which way is up beaf, and which way is down?!!
My advice to you is simple: don't let things you have absolutely no control over get you depressed. Because all you can do is wait and watch with wonder as this beautiful game unfolds before your very own eyes.

P.s. Paranoia's a bitc.h wink
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by seanet02: 5:50am On Apr 01, 2011
Completely Gibberish. Arrant Nonsense. Effort in Futility. Illogical Reasoning. Nonsensical Reasoning. Rabble Rousers. All from the same spam bots Beaf and chz = u dey vex!
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Beaf: 6:10am On Apr 01, 2011
appletango:

These dodgy vultures are keeping you up again, aren't they? Poor you, you can't sleep at night can you? All these games and intrigues and second guessing and misdirection! And it would all be so much fun to watch if it wasn't for the fact that you've invested so much blood and sweat and tears into this exercise of yours. I mean think about how much of your life you've lost on here. All these months. All these posts. And for what? To be foxed at the last by games played in the dead of night; by the real masters of the cloak and dagger. Ah beafy, I can see all these smoke and mirrors have got you so worked up that you've got these confused thoughts motoring around inside your head, and now you don't even know your left from your right!! Which way is up beaf, and which way is down?!!
My advice to you is simple: don't let things you have absolutely no control over get you depressed. Because all you can do is wait and watch with wonder as this beautiful game unfolds before your very own eyes.

P.s. Paranoia's a bitc.h wink

LOL! Dude, how is life in CPC after life with Atiku? Please tell us how come (and why) you are now a CPC fan after supporting atiku like your life was gonna end.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Akanbiedu(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2011
Whichever way Tinubu goes, we are supporting.

I'd rather follow Tinubu to the devil than follow OBJ to the angels.

If this game plays out, I am going to have a swell time.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Beaf: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Two bombs found at Nigerian opposition rally: campaign[/size]
(AFP) – 14 hours ago

KANO, Nigeria — Two bombs were discovered and defused on Thursday at a rally attended by thousands in support of the main challenger in Nigeria's upcoming presidential election, his campaign said.

Supporters of ex-military ruler Muhammadu Buhari attending a rally in his home state of Katsina spotted two laptop bags abandoned in different spots, said Buhari spokesman Yinka Odumakin.

Police were notified and the bags were found to contain remote-controlled bombs, he said. Buhari had not yet arrived at the rally when the bombs were discovered.

"A police bomb squad was brought in and they succeeded in defusing the two bombs," Odumakin said. "We don't know who is behind it."

Witnesses at the rally gave similar accounts by phone.

The rally went ahead without any incident, Odumakin said, adding that no one was arrested. Police in Katsina were not available for comment.

Nigeria has seen several bomb attacks in recent months. Legislative polls are set for Saturday, while the presidential vote is April 9 and state governorship ballots will be held April 16.

Buhari is seen as the main challenger to President Goodluck Jonathan

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gQRZfKTEXF_MU49VRaAlz35DECxg?docId=CNG.583ef7d6a1392216410f7979124fc957.b41

Perhaps, the cabal is willing to take more desperate measures?
If you ride the tail of the tiger, you usually end up in the belly of the beast. The cabal is no mans friend.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by ektbear: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
If the ACN absorbs the CPC, somehow this means Tinubu sold out the SW? grin

Aight, if you say so.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Beaf: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

If the ACN absorbs the CPC, somehow this means Tinubu sold out the SW? grin

Aight, if you say so.

Don't you find that statement laughable? Can ACN absorb IBB and Atiku? Commonsense says those men will be the ones doing the absorbing, they will completely take over any party they get involved with. PDP has only been able to neuter them, cos its the ruling party.

IBB, Atiku and the cabal will simply move into ACN through CPC, jail Tinubu (or make him do the walkies on past crimes) and completely capture the whole party. Thats the sellout and the sucker punch thats coming. IBB has now endorsed Ribadu, watch out for part 2.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by ektbear: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2011
Beaf, I know very well that you have the best interests of the ACN and the SW at heart. Your previous statements here and posts (14K+!) make this a incontrovertible fact.

So I really appreciate the warning you've given out here. And I'm sure that the rest of us who are either SW fans or ACN fans feel the same way.

With that said. . . don't worry, we got this covered, bro  cool
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by sbeezy8: 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
hahah poster get imagination shaaaa lol

I dont see any reason why ACN would go into alliance or absorb CPC. ACN is the only opposition in Nigeria on the state level.

as far as I know SW people dont plan on voting massively for GEJ, RIbadu, or Buhari.

I dont even think most care. this by far the lamest election. All of the candidates are terrible.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by sbeezy8: 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2011
GEJ who didnt do shiot for his own state, Obj s boy, ALL HIS GUYS ARE CORRUPT.

Ribadu who is just clueless.

Buhari who is old news, PTF. KILLS PRIVATE INDUSTRY .

2011 is nothing I wait for 2015. I dont care if GEJ.RIBADU BUHARI OR BUGS BUNNY WINS in 2011. who cares
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by ektbear: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
sbeezy8:

as far as I know SW people dont plan on voting massively for GEJ, RIbadu, or Buhari.

I dont even think most care. this by far the lamest election. All of the candidates are terrible.

That is my own feeling. I don't like the PDP and think GEJ is a bad candidate, but am not sold on the other two either.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Bawss1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
sbeezy8:

2011 is nothing I wait for 2015. I dont care if GEJ.RIBADU BUHARI OR BUGS BUNNY WINS in 2011. who cares
cheesy cheesy
I share the sentiments man.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Orikinla(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
THIS IS THE REAL FACE OF THE PDP OF NIGERIA.

Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by ektbear: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
^-- Goodluck's homie grin
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by appletango: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ beaf

I'm anti OBJ. It's as simple as that. And with GEJ as "President" OBJ will still be pulling the strings. Heck, it's that obvious that if you go to Aso Rock today it'll be Baba greeting you on the front door steps while your guy "rests" upstairs.

For all of ills of the northern military boys' it is a FACT that OBJ presided over the most corrupt administration in this country's history. Due to the price of oil alone the amount of money stolen by this fourth republic puts these northern dictators to shame. And as everyone with half a brain knows, GEJ is and OBJ puppet. Your man was specially handpicked by OBJ to become Governor of Bayelsa after the convenient dismissal of Alms and on becoming Governor he was one of the biggest supporters of OBJs third term project - contributing billions in the process - AND in case you didn't know, OBJs kids were frequent visitors to Bayelsa state house where they were always well "received".

Your guy is just a puppet on a string. And I won't vote for a puppet, especially one that's being pulled around by that clown from Ota.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by Beaf: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
appletango:

@ beaf

I'm anti OBJ. It's as simple as that. And with GEJ as "President" OBJ will still be pulling the strings. Heck, it's that obvious that if you go to Aso Rock today it'll be Baba greeting you on the front door steps while your guy "rests" upstairs.

For all of ills of the northern military boys' it is a FACT that OBJ presided over the most corrupt administration in this country's history. Due to the price of oil alone the amount of money stolen by this fourth republic puts these northern dictators to shame. And as everyone with half a brain knows, GEJ is and OBJ puppet. Your man was specially handpicked by OBJ to become Governor of Bayelsa after the convenient dismissal of Alms and on becoming Governor he was one of the biggest supporters of OBJs third term project - contributing billions in the process - AND in case you didn't know, OBJs kids were frequent visitors to Bayelsa state house where they were always well "received".

Your guy is just a puppet on a string. And I won't vote for a puppet, especially one that's being pulled around by that clown from Ota.

We've heard this lame excuse a thousand times, it was the anthem of the Atiku camp.
Sensible folk would wonder how come Obj had so much trouble in his home state, Ogun. How a lowly governor in Gbenga Daniels was able to rock his boat so crazily.

Abeg, adress the topic and leave diversions.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by seanet02: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
sbeezy8:

@bolded, How? Clueless when he rejected billions of naira from ibori and built EFCC from scratch? You think this is moin moin and eko admin?
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by T9ksy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
sbeezy8:

@ bolded, my thoughts, exactly!!!
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by ektbear: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
Part of me is rooting for GEJ a bit though. I'd like to see the northerners kept out of power for a bit longer. They always do a terrible job when in office. . .

And I'm afraid that GEJs power plan wouldn't be implemented. Like, I can easily see Buhari not raising the electricity tarriff, as one must if the system needs to be fixed.

On the other hand. . . to be quite honest, GEJs closeness to Obasanjo and Igbos concerns me. I strongly dislike the former, and don't trust the latter (not trying to be an @ss, just trying to be a bit honest here!)

Moreover, GEJ seems like a weak, incompetent guy. And his destruction of the zoning principle could have very bad longterm effects.

So as I said. . . I'm not too obsessed over this election.
Re: Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West by recoome(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
Does ACN really have the SW in its grasp? In Lagos which has a voting population of 6.1 million, the pple are diverse and will vote 4 anyone who performs well and not a paticular party, in ogun(state with 3rd highest voting pop in the SW with a voting pop of 1.9 million), the PDP is partially control, with the advent of the PPN, the PPN has succeded in drawing away the little attention formerly give 2 the ACN to itself. Every body is now watching the OBJ/OGD saga with keen interest. In oyo(the heart of the SW, & the state with the 2nd highest voting pop in the SW, with a voting pop of 2.5 million), the PDP holds sway, some pple may nt like akala but the truth be said-AKALA is still the best gov 2 av ruled oyo state, his achievements are unparalled, the AP has shared the attention on opposition btw itself & ACN. In ondo(with the 4th highest voting pop of 1.6 million) the LP is in govt but the PDP is still a force 2 be reckoned with in the state especially with jimoh ibrahim as its anchor. In osun(1.2 million voter) where the ACN is the titular head, the State assembly is PDP and the PDP has the titans such as omisore & oyinlola in its fold, coupled with its structures. In ekiti(state with lowest voting population of 0.7 million, which is less than the voting population of Alimosho LGA in lagos) is going 2 be split between the PDP & ACN, while some will like 2 patronize the party in power(ACN), oni has 2 prove 2 PDP that he's still of political relevance and deserves all the favours he has been recieving 4rm abuja, the pple of oye & ikole also have 2 use their votes 2 show the president why they deserve the fed university. so i wonder how tinubu thinks he's some kind of god in the SW or why ribadu thinks that he'll win in the SW.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Doesnt Own Airline / Why Are Ndibgo Folk Built Very Strong ? I Seen A 2 Year Old Guy With Huge Biceps / Nigerian-USA Politician's Hotel Bombed! - Tripoli Libya Last-nite! May 26th !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.