Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? (11352 Views)

Can A Person Be Possessed By The Jinn When He Is Keeping Up With Adhkaar? / The World Of Jinn -I / Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Lukgaf(m): 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
"Can jinn possess humans? And if this is possible, then how will the person be able to account for their actions, whilst they were possessed, on the Day of Judgement?"

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

Yes, it is possible for jinn to possess humans. Allah says in His Book (Interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat riba [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by shaytan leading him to insanity.” [2:275]

See also the answers to questions no. 11447, 42073, 39214 and 1819.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The fact that a jinni may enter the body of a human is proven by the consensus of the imams of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jama’ah (the larger body of Muslims who are upon the prophetic traditions). Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat riba [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by shaytan leading him to insanity.” [2:275]

… and in al-Saheeh it is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that “The Shaytan flows through the son of Adam like blood.” End quote. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa.

Secondly:

Possession is a kind of sickness. If a person who has this sickness is rational, then he has the choice and he will be brought to account for his words and actions. But if this sickness has overwhelmed him to the point that he has lost his mind and free will, then he is like one who is insane and is not accountable. Hence in Arabic the word mass (possession) is used to refer to junoon (insanity). See Lisan al-‘Arab. But if he commits an act of aggression against another when he is insane and destroys his property, for example, then he must pay compensation for that. See: Zad al-Ma’ad.

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah:

The fuqaha (jurists) are unanimously agreed that insanity is like unconsciousness and sleep, rather it is more severe in the loss of free will, and it makes whatever he says invalid. For the one who is sleeping, all his verbal statements, such as divorce, becoming Muslim, turning apostate, selling, buying, etc, are invalid. So it is more appropriate that such statements be invalid in the case of insanity, because the insane person has no power of reasoning or discernment. They quoted as evidence for this the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him): “The Pen has been raised from three: the sleeper until he awakens, the child until he reaches maturity and the insane person until he comes back to his senses.” Narrated by the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad (authentic chain of narration). The same applies to all verbal statements because of the potential for harm. End quote.

It also says:

With regard to the rights of people such as compensation and the like: these are not waived, because he is not accountable for them, rather his guardian is responsible for paying financial dues from the wealth of the insane person. If he commits some crimes, he is accountable for them financially but not physically. If he destroys a person’s property when he is in a state of insanity, compensation must be paid, but if he kills someone there is no qisaas (retaliation), but the diyah (blood money) must be paid.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/73412/jinn-possession

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by falcon01: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
ain't you talking about schizophrenia?

6 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2021
Jinn are creation of Allah that humans ordinarily are unable to see.

They live, procreate and can harm us by Allah's leave.

May Allah protect us from them and those evil people among us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:06am On Jan 15, 2021
Yes, even Muhammad was possessed by jinn

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by WiszyFraud: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2021
Jinn as in kai-kai?? undecided

grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by ogbenimax007: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Jinn as in kai-kai?? undecided

grin
cheesy cheesy

33 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Farid24224(m): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2021
Yes of course!!

It happened alot when I was still in high school.. Won't forget what I saw and experienced..

A pig headed girl sound like a cow.

6 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by sunshineV(f): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2021
allah's creation harming human since time immemorial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by sunshineV(f): 9:53am On Jan 15, 2021
Farid24224:
Yes of course!!

It happened alot when I was still in high school.. Won't forget what I saw and experienced..

A pig headed girl sound like a cow.
ehn-ehn give us gist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2021
Yes now, you can be posses with Jinn Shinarpp if taken without caution grin grin angry

11 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by womenareapes: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2021
Lukgaf:
"Can jinn possess humans? And if this is possible, then how will the person be able to account for their actions, whilst they were possessed, on the Day of Judgement?"

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/73412/jinn-possession
that demon spirit is what is making you people to beheading infidel and doing crimes

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Oizee(f): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2021
Rashduct4luv:
Jinn are creation of Allah that humans ordinarily are unable to see.

They live, procreate and can harm us by Allah's leave.

May Allah protect us from them and those evil people among us.
Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Farid24224(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2021
sunshineV:
ehn-ehn give us gist

Hah!! Lemme try to cut it short as possible, we were at the assembly ground while some students were upstairs . Suddenly there were screams and everyone was running downstairs... I was climbing the staircase to my class while others were running downstairs which made me curious on what is happening ...

I forced myself higher till I saw something that suck the blood out of my little body... A girl with the head of a pig moving to the staircase... I just froze immediately, I couldn't escape I don't know why... I just can't move, I was shocked... Due to my loss of balance and students rushing downstairs, I was pushed and I trip from the staircase and fell back on the ground.. I lose consciousness immediately....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Ugoo100(m): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2021
I have lived in the north and I Know and witnessed this Jinn of a spirit. One time my neighbor was reacting one day through this Jinn. Her voice changed to that of a male and she was so aggressive. At that state they can do an undo. I heard something do trigger it and most times that's when they're angry..

1 Like

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by UncleKoboko: 10:14am On Jan 15, 2021
Probably.

I believe that it works with believes.

You believe you can be possessed by it, you can be...
Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2021
JINNS ARE CALLED ALUJANU IN YORUBA. THEY CAN POSSESS HUMAN BEING. AND WE ARE TO RECITE RUQYAH FOR THEM TO LEAVE. WHOEVER TOOK RUQYAH AS A JOB OR IS KN0WN FOR RECITING RUQYAH IS A KAFIR AND ITS THEM THAT DO ADD TO THE GIVEN RUQYAH PROPHET TOLD US. SURATUL JINN IS NOT AM0NG THE SURAH TO RECITE FOR RUQYAH

2 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by chillychill(f): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2021
Ayatul kurisyu, suratul naas, AL falaq and AL ikhlas is one of the best protection against jinn, don't forget to read it in d morning and evening.

May Allah keep protecting us from and jinns and d evil eye. (amin)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by marvin906(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2021
I wonder if it's jin that makes them blow people up

10 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by MakeWeTalk: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Jinns are demons

Jesus cast out demons,

Matthew 17
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

showing He has mastery over demons

Neither Allah nor Mohammed can cast out demons

11 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2021
If the oga on top can be jazzed and possessed by a demon, why won't it happen to the Omo ísé?

ANTIlSLAM:
Yes, even Muhammad was possessed by jinn

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, # 660.
Narrated Aisha:
Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect).

5 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by money121(m): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by walkingshadow911: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
TruthHurts1:
If the oga on top can be jazzed and possessed by a demon, why won't it happen to the Omo ísé?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, # 660.

Narrated Aisha:

Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect).

wonder shall neva end... nothing convincing bout dis islamic religion. he was known to using terror to recruit followers. spit

1 Like

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by walkingshadow911: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
MakeWeTalk:
Jinns are demons

Jesus cast out demons,

Matthew 17
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

why are you comparing death with sleep. he doesn't come close to any prophet in the Bible talkless of Jesus himself . He only sold them religion when he doesn't know his own fate. surah 46vs9

1 Like

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Allah is the Arabic word for God. The Qur'an was revealed in Arabic hence the reason Muslims refer to God as Allah. Arab Christians refer to God as Allah and even Hausa Christians. With your explanation, you are saying Jesus is superior to God?
MakeWeTalk:
Jinns are demons

Jesus cast out demons,

Matthew 17

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
JINNS ARE CALLED ALUJANU IN YORUBA. THEY CAN POSSESS HUMAN BEING. AND WE ARE TO RECITE RUQYAH FOR THEM TO LEAVE. WHOEVER TOOK RUQYAH AS A JOB OR IS KN0WN FOR RECITING RUQYAH IS A KAFIR AND ITS THEM THAT DO ADD TO THE GIVEN RUQYAH PROPHET TOLD US. SURATUL JINN IS NOT AM0NG THE SURAH TO RECITE FOR RUQYAH
You've started right
Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by ThatFairGuy1: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
advocatejare:
As reported by the authentic hadith that Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah was possessed with a jinn/devil

Sahih Muslim 2814:
Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that Allah's Messenger ( ﷺ ) said:
There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

Islam even says that Jinns are muslims, maybe that's why they possess their fellow Muslims.

Christ chased them out and they cried out in agony, but they find abode living inside Muhammad and other Muslims
You can't assimilate what you yourself posted. From your post, he has won over his.
I don't want to drag anything with you because you are Ignorant of Islam

2 Likes

Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

You've started right
If u feel offended, then bring dalil to counter my claim
Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by Oziamodu11: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Jinn is real may Allah protect us
Re: Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? by MakeWeTalk: 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
trippy:
Allah is the Arabic word for God. The Qur'an was revealed in Arabic hence the reason Muslims refer to God as Allah. Arab Christians refer to God as Allah and even Hausa Christians. With your explanation, you are saying Jesus is superior to God?
Jesus is superior to Allah

If Allah was God, then why do moslems kill Christians?

Why do moslems hate Jews?

If Allah were God, this sign would say all none Jews, Christians & Moslems turn back

Instead it accepts only worshipers of allah, thats Moslems

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Times To Make Dua (supplication) / Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet / It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.