Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? (5496 Views)

Why PDP Spared Makinde, Ugwuanyi, Descended On Ortom, Fayose, Anyim — Vanguard / Children Of Anger Has Descended On TOYIN ABRAHAM / Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Rossinnki: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
rosstiti:

Polynesian and Chinese links to Africa are even easer to prove than Japanese links to Africa.

Chinese Roots Lie in Africa, Research Says

By ROBERT LEE HOTZ

Los Angeles Times

Most of the population of modern China--one-fifth of all the people living today--owes its genetic origins to Africa, an international scientific team said today in research that undercuts any claim that modern humans may have originated independently in China.

In the search for human origins, in which political beliefs and pride of place can figure as prominently as fossil evidence, the genetic findings dramatically illustrate the intricate weave of prehistoric migrations and human evolution, the scientists said.

Published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the study is the product of the Chinese Human Genome Diversity Project, a consortium of seven major research groups in the People’s Republic of China, and the Human Genetics Center at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. It was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.

The group used the advanced tools of DNA analysis to create detailed genetic profiles of 28 of China’s official population groups, which comprise more than 90% of the country’s population...

“Populations from East Asia always derived from a single lineage, indicating the single origins of those populations,” the researchers said. “It is now probably safe to conclude that modern humans originating in Africa constitute the majority of the current gene pool in East Asia,” they said.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1998-sep-29-mn-27603-story.html#:~:text=Most%20of%20the%20population%20of,have%20originated%20independently%20in%20China.

Just a reminder, since Japan is in East Asia.
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by 2010goingon: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
passion007:

I couldn't have said it better. Touché. And I appreciate your pointing out the out-of-Africa theory, which I misrepresented as fact.

I've seen many similar propositions on this forum, seeking to rewrite other peoples history. Once you get past the arrogance of it, you quickly find the evidence is reeling in superficiality.
I've seen so called Igbo scholars favouring a Jewish origin of the Igbos based on little more than shared similarities in word spellings, but not in meaning or enunciation. That or a new spin to existing literature, notably Equiano Olaudah's book, or the bible .

The glaring error is not so apparent, it seems. Whilst they admit that ancient peoples of Eurasia have had aeons to evolve into their current phenotype, they think the peoples of Africa have remained exactly the same throughout this time, and therefore compare modern day non-African populations to modern day Africans. What a laugh.

There is more to human origin than linguistic similarity, and even if languages are similar, it does not prove commonality or genetic similarity. But because gene level investigations are few and far between in these parts, we will continue to deal with people like the OP who will vehemently push social media theories as incontrovertible evidence.

Yes you are correct

Now it's my turn to say I couldn't have said it better ( especially the highlighted portion )

1 Like

Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by mjconcept(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
I found this picture some time ago, and I keep wondering if human history is what we were told, or there is a deliberate attempt to write off the black race from the history of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by knowledgeable: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
Griffelspawn:
This is so stupid. Are you guys completed brainless?? Of course the Japanese arent related to Nigerians you total dolt.

Questions are not conclusions my God!. as a scientist (Anthropologist in this case), you look at connections before conclusions. I believe, the Op is asking questions on probable connections & haven't arrive at a conclusion yet.

You need to apologise for calling him a dolt.

1 Like

Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Aconomist: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
olisaEze:

You do realize that people are not your enemies just because they look different. If only those that have the same skin tone as u do existed in the world, you’d still have people killing each other everyday.
As a black man, every other race is your enemy. If you are wise, you will know.

1 Like

Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Rossinnki: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
knowledgeable:

Questions are not conclusions my God!. as a scientist (Anthropologist in this case), you look at connections before conclusions. I believe, the Op is asking questions on probable connections & haven't arrive at a conclusion yet.

You need to apologise for calling him a dolt.

Don't hold your breath. wink
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Rossinnki: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Here's an interesting forum where folks are describing the stunning similarities between Nigerian/African and East Asian words. Virtually everyone there says ''Yeah..I noticed it too!'' grin

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/ever-notice-the-similarity-between-nigerian-names-and-japanese-names.1059699/

It has got to be more than a 'coincidence'.

I wonder why the world's great research institutes are afraid to explore this issue?

What are they scared of?

Are they scared of the world learning that we are the direct fathers and mothers of the Asians?

Seeing that that would chuck their dumb racist theories in the gutter where they belong?

It's a tad harder to posit that parents are 'inferior' to their own children, isn't it?

No wonder they're silent.
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Rossinnki: 12:48am On Jan 16, 2021
One more thing I've noticed, and believe deserves SERIOUS investigation, is the relationship between the Calabar/Efik/Ibibio groups of South South Nigeria and the Chinese/Korean race.

When you compare Ibibio and Efik names and words to Korean and Chinese, it really is a startling experience. Highly similar. PLUS the physical attributes of the two groups are similar, apart from the climate-influenced skin colour differentials.

As one researcher noted on another site:

''Chinese and Korean map to the Calabar languages of South-Southern Nigeria. One has to listen to and see the physical stature of someone from that part of Nigeria to have a feel of the similarities to Chinese and Koreans. Unfortunately, because of the Eurocentric nature of post-colonial Nigerians, the Calabar people cannot understand why Chinese and Koreans are their bleached-out descendants..''

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/are-the-japanese-descendants-of-africas-yoruba-people.1012838/
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Rossinnki: 1:48am On Jan 16, 2021
Korean/Chinese names v Ibibio/Efik names

Heeyoung - Ekpeyong
Eungyung - Edeidiong
Bong - Asibong (or Archibong)
Hyun Ok - Ibok
Ryung, Yong, Yang - Inyang
Myung - Utung
Kyong - Ukpong
Ehuang - Ekeng
Fang - Afang
Fenfang - Efanga
Kong - Ekong

https://adoption.com/baby-names/origin/korean?page=2

https://adoption.com/baby-names/origin/Chinese?page=5
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
rossipki:
The widely accepted 'Out of Africa' theory of human settlement stipulates that the population of all the continents are descended from ancient African migrants, with their physical features changing over millenia to adapt to the environmental and climatic conditions in the new abodes.

Are the JAPANESE descended from migrants from ancient Nigeria?

Their names certainly suggest THEY ARE.

https://adoption.com/baby-names/origin/japanese?page=1

Akane - Igbo

Akiko - Igbo ( 'Akuko')

Akemi - Yoruba ( 'Kemi' ...'Adekemi')

Aki

Annya - igbo

Asa - Igbo

Azuka - Igbo

Ayame - ?

Ayumi - Yoruba

Chiasa - Igbo

Chika - Igbo

Chinami - Igbo

Chizu - Igbo

Daisuki - Hausa

Eichi - Igbo

Emiko - Igbo ('Emeka')

Ena - Edo

Eri - Igbo

Ezume - Igbo

Hisa - Hausa ('Isa')

Iku - Igbo

Jiro - Urhobo ('Ejiro')

Kanaye - Igbo ('Kanayo')

Kano - Hausa

Kita - Igbo

Kumi - ?

Kura - ?

Machi - Igbo

Madoka - Igbo ('Maduka')

Mai - Kanuri?

Mayoko - Yoruba

Mayumi - Yoruba

Osamu - Edo

Ozuru - Igbo

Rumiko - Rivers?

Sanako - Yoruba ('Salako')

Sango - Yoruba

Shina - Yoruba

Shoko - ?

Shuji - Yoruba ('Shiji')

Sumi - Yoruba

Taiyo - Yoruba ('Tayo')

Tani - Yoruba

Ume - Igbo

Uta - Igbo

Yumi - Yoruba (Yomi)

https://adoption.com/baby-names/origin/japanese?page=1

Ijawcitizen aka tonye Barcanista....are u still a lunatic? grin grin grin
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 17, 2021
-
Re: Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 17, 2021
-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We'll Make Sure Obi Loses This Election, If Not Youths Won't Respect Us—Ganduje / Look At Who You Guys Select As President / Phcn Workers Afraid Of Change - Prof. Barth Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.