Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri (27494 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / Marrying A Feminist / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by NwekeUG(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2021
Reno Omokri has said it's impossible for a person to be a feminist and a Christian, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle, he wrote:

"You can be a feminist, or you can be a Christian. But you can’t be a feminist and a Christian. A Christian wife must submit to her husband. A feminist does not submit to a man. Thus, feminism (as is currently defined) cant coexist with Christianity."
https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1349753265299353602?s=19

A follower responded:

"Thats your opinion and it's alright. It been your opinion however doesn't not make it true for everyone else.

I'm a Christian and a proud feminist!"
https://twitter.com/Lorenta_Erhabor/status/1349754676661641216?s=19

And Reno replied via his Instagram handle:

"Dear @Lorenta_Erhabor,

My marriage to my beauty queen wife and my preference for organic food, are my opinions. But the contradiction between feminism and Christianity is not my opinion. Ephesians 5:22 makes it a fact:

“Wives, SUBMIT yourselves to your husbands”

The above verse is a direct contradiction to the definition of feminism according to the Oxford English Dictionary, which defines feminism thus: ‘The belief and aim that women should have the same rights as men’

#RenosNuggets"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKCGHmChxLp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by vibre: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2021
True

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ojun50(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2021
The only problem here is Reno, he talks too talks too much.......

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Hongkog(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2021
Reno talks too much jare, you can be whatever you what and still be a Christian. Its a free world.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by osamz007: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2021
ojun50:
There problem
there??

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by donbachi(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2021
"we run the world,girls"...she is happily married to jay z.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Realtord43: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2021
Reno is so right!

Bible say, husband is the head of the house and so wife should summit to husband

But

Ferminists say the are equal in all aspect of man, and so the cant summit to any man or their husband!

Verdict...
Ferminists are alway not in accordance with the doctrince of the bible which put them not to comform to a christian life.

Either married or not, a ferminist is not living in accordance to a christian live

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Dong2: 9:28am On Jan 15, 2021
Hongkog:
Reno talks too much jare, you can be whatever you what and still be a Christian. Its a free world.

You can even be an armed robber or hired killer and still be a christian sef! Twisted generation of Christians these days are alarming and a threat to the Christianity itself. Haba

204 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Freestainworld(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2021
Reno killing the beat.

20 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kuns84(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2021
Hongkog:

What kind of logic is this.

You cannot "be whatever you want" as a Christian. Christianity comes with it's own set of standards and value system. Feminism contradicts everything that Christianity stands for: the man as the head and women to be under the authority of a man, women to be dumure with a 'quiet and gentle spirit', one cannot remarry else it's termed adultery, women are forbidden from preaching on the pulpit etc..

Except you are talking about the Nigerian version of Christianity where anything goes lipsrsealed

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by LordKO(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2021
Women, regardless of whatever movement they identify with or status they attain, have always submitted to men or their possession; some do genuinely because they possess the traits; others do disingenuously to perfect their deceit. In fact, crass and or opportunistic women, whom public bravado and posturing are their hallmarks, are always the quickest to submit directly or indirectly, albeit disingenuously.

So, wherever you see a woman who failed to submit to her husband/companion, know that either the man has lost his object of attraction or the object of attraction isn't appealing to her anymore.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2021
What people are on social media is quite different from what they are in their homes. Those claiming feminists can be meek and humble at home but they come online and mislead gullible ones.

Let's not be deceived o

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kuns84(m): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2021
ImaIma1:
What people are on social media is quite different from what they are in their homes. Those claiming feminists can be meek and humble at home but they come online and mislead gullible ones.

Let's not be deceived o

shocked So you can admit this..

5 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2021
Kuns84:

shocked So you can't admit this..

?
I don't understand you

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by sweetmelanin(f): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2021
Hongkog:

People keep deceiving themselves calling themselves "christians"... so religious yet so corrupt.
.. I remember when my grandma told me that God answers her prayers faster when abroad than in Nigeria because the evil atmosphere is blocking the prayer from reaching heaven.. hehe

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kuns84(m): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2021
ImaIma1:

?
I don't understand you

Of course you won't understand.when you parade yourself as a staunch feminist online despite being a subservient wife at home

15 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by lilmax(m): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2021
I've said this on nairaland a million times grin

This is the first test on feminism

If she says she's a christian and a feminist, just know she's a big dumbass

And btw....I no longer see our feminists here on nairaland, what happened? Them no dey fight again grin

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2021
Kuns84:

Of course you won't understand.when you parade yourself as a staunch feminist online despite being a subservient wife at home

cheesy cheesy

No need to argue. Please post my comments that backs this your allegation about me being a feminist.

You just took what you read on the thread about choosing wife over family hook line and sinker. I just refused to argue with someone who obviously was not capable of seeing beyond his own assumptions.

20 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kuns84(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2021
ImaIma1:

cheesy cheesy

No need to argue. Please post my comments that backs this your allegation about me being a feminist.

You just took what you read on the thread about choosing wife over family hook line and sinker. I just refused to argue with someone who obviously was not capable of seeing beyond his own assumptions.

Who wants to argue with you? your posts; both past and present, is a testament to what you stand for. Hypocrite.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kuns84(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2021
lilmax:

And btw....I no longer see our feminists here on nairaland, what happened? Them no dey fight again grin

Nairaland is dying bro. Folks would rather debate on Twitter or instablog comment section cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Mindlog: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2021
At the end of each person's earthly journey (for persons of faith) the after life would bring to realization who truly loved and served God.

4 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2021
Kuns84:

Who wants to argue with you? your posts; both past and present, is a testament to what you stand for. Hypocrite.

Robot.

6 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Lyrics269: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2021
This man mouth no dey pain am
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2021
lilmax:

Maybe they have married and have been reset cheesy

11 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Shortyyy(f): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Lol

This submission of a thing has led many wives to their early graves.
The word submission has so much been misused by Africans.

Please Mr. Reno Omockery, can you come out and beat your chest that you're a full Christian?

Y'all quote the Bible verse when it suits you. You are all hypocrites in this part of the world, no one, I repeat, no single person is following the whole teachings of the bible. Everyone just opens up a chapter and quotes the one that suits them.

No place in the Bible says men should cheat on their wives, no verse says men should turn their wives into punching bags, no verse says men should turn their wives into slaves, no verse says men should complain as the breadwinners of the family.

But what we have today are toddlers in adult bodies calling themselves men.

Like I said submission has been highly misused by African men, it's become something else entirely.

When men start reading their bibles and doing their duties duly, without complaining, women will follow suit. (For women who wants to follow anyway)

Because as I dey, Christianity or not, I'm doing whatever makes me happy.

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Shortyyy(f): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2021
donbachi:

How many Nigerian men can marry a career woman like Beyonce? Lol. SMH

Y'all should stop using Beyonce as an example whenever you want to make your irrelevant point.

Jay Z is not like an Average Nigerian man who won't even allow his wife to wear ordinary mini skirt.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by koyinsola17868: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2021
: ?I don't understand youOf course you won't understand.when you parade yourself as a staunch feminist online despite being a subservient wife at home
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Liposure: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
In the beginning, God created man and woman not man and feminist. Adam and Eve were never equal. Both were different

6 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by JovialJune(f): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
donbachi:

Lol are you comparing yourself and other naija guy to Jay-Z? Or even Beyonce?

Lmao you Nl guys will not kill person with laugh cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Uyi168: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
We should stop dragging this issue already.
There are no feminists in Nigeria.
None. Not even one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Cry From The Grave - Ogo's Story / Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / 6 Mistakes You Make That Makes Your Day Unproductive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.