Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri (27647 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / Marrying A Feminist / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kriss216: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Pocohantas, good afternoon baby.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

Feminism never fought against oppression

Women were never oppressed

Women just wanted to be like men and now the end results we are seeing is the high rise in single mothers, divorce and unmarried women
Women were never allowed to work at a time,even the ones who had to were not allowed to work in certain places and if they had the same jobs with men were paid lesser than men, for someone who knows so much about ideology you should know how it started undecided.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by noble2faith(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hahaha! Kolewerk ni?

Christianity and feminism are contradictory ...
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
Bluffly:
Feminism or not. Economic right isn't same as Family/marriage structure. Submit to your husband and not any man

Embrace traditional feminity in the larger society by women will be more helpful and productive to Society
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Bluffly: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
SACI:

Ephesians 5:21 says" submit to each other..." But y'all (Nigeria men especially) seems to be blind to that part so as you can interpret the bible in a way that suit you people
Submit to one another does not remove a wife reverencing her husband. Which means degree of submission varies

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ayinke93(f): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

Beyonce that's a feminist yet still ended up marrying a billionaire and had children with him. She should have stayed on her own,not get married and had dogs nahh Instead of children

You are obviously very obtuse. What part of feminism said women shouldn't have children or be married. The idea feminism conveys is the fact that women are free to make whatever life decisions that suits them. Educate yourself and stop embarrassing yourself on the internet. The fact that you have a penis doesn't make you in anyway above a woman.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by MJBOLT: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
I tried to have this discussion with a feminist in 2019,till today she's yet to respond grin
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
same way your country is miserable and wasted. I am sure God has better things to do than have his attention on me, e.g he is too busy answering the prayers of Nigerian christians to give them electricity and good roads grin grin grin

Bad governance is the cause not religion

All u Nigerian diaspora peeps, why can't u people create a political party or movement to help Nigeria rather u people will b in another man's land and b making noise, most of u are in bad student loans or credit card debt and u have the balls to still b abusing ur fatherland very pathetic!!!!
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Reno is right.

No wonder Chimamanda was ranting the other day about not comfortable with Nigerian Catholic Church as a Catholic but free in western Catholic Church where they have watered down Christianity
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

How are men oppressing women this 21st century??
In some parts of Nigeria women are still not entitled to inheritance , in some parts of Nigeria widows are still being treated as criminals ,in some parts of Nigeria girl child education is still a taboo. In Nigeria a man can send his wife and children out on the streets without a single kobo in the middle of he night whenever he feels like without the law protecting the welfare of the kids nor the spouse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ayinke93:

You are obviously very obtuse. What part of feminism said women shouldn't have children or be married. The idea feminism conveys is the fact that women are free to make whatever life decisions that suits them. Educate yourself and stop embarrassing yourself on the internet. The fact that you have a penis doesn't make you in anyway above a woman.

Then u don't know anything about feminism

Feminism is anti God, anti children, anti love, anti marriage and anti men

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

Bad governance is the cause not religion

All u Nigerian diaspora peeps, why can't u people create a political party or movement to help Nigeria rather u people will b in another man's land and b making noise, most of u are in bad student loans or credit card debt and u have the balls to still b abusing ur fatherland very pathetic!!!!
I am not the one doing fasting and prayers to make Nigeria great and peaceful blame your prayer warriors grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Bullshit! So your chauvinistic laws has not widened the choices available to women?

Liessss
Check scandanavian countries like Sweden, Norway, Iceland, where male chauvinist laws have been removed

The difference between the genders has widen worse than that of Nigeria

The more Egalitarianistic-Equalistic a society becomes the more gender differences increase
Nursing 20:1 women: men
Engineering 20:1 men: women

And other STEM course
S science T Technology E engineering M mathematics

Very few female programmers in these societies compared to men

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Godbless3(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

We have many Antichrists

Antichrist is simply one who oppose the kingdom of God inwhich Christ is the head.

We have many church goers than Christian.
Remember the story when people were singing, praising God and preaching the gospel, speaking in tongs and people were asking, who are these people and the answer was "they are the Christian" meaning followers of Christ.
It didn't mean others were anti-christ.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by 99thEnemy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Pocohantas , good afternoon baby.

Denique come and see Kriss the Pot oh! Very black Pot grin grin grin grin
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
In some parts of Nigeria women are still not entitled to inheritance , in some parts of Nigeria widows are still being treated as criminals ,in some parts of Nigeria girl child education is still a taboo. In Nigeria a man can send his wife and children out on the streets without a single kobo in the middle of he night whenever he feels like without the law protecting the welfare of the kids nor the spouse.

That's their culture and law doesn't triumph culture and moreover the women there are not complaining

We don't need feminism watsover in Nigeria

Every educated Nigerian whether male or female has equal rights under the law
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Really? But feminism fought against class oppression.

Mordern Feminism has been hijacked by radicals whose aim is to espouse female superiority
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Iceyjayz: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Reno spilling facts these days
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by luvmijeje(f): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

What slaves don't you have educational rights, rights to vote,right to hold political positions,right to divorce in bad marriages,right to work

How are you slaves these 21st century

All what you listed is the beginning. It is like democracy in Nigeria. After long time of being under the military rule, most Nigerians don't even know their right. It is the same thing with women. After years of conditioning and brainwashing, they still don't under their capability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by muhdfaruq(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
True talk.No matter the situation,a man is ahead of a woman in marriage,leadership etc.That's why islam does not support feminism.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by iLegendd(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
ojun50:
The only problem here is Reno, he talks too talks too much.......

The only problem here is: you talk less, but you are not educated, you can't punctuate correctly, and you can't spell.

So, you and Reno, who is better?

A man who knows nothing and talks less to avoid exposing his flaws or a man who knows a lot like Reno and talks a lot to save both men and women?

Shey na you better pass am?

I hate when an uneducated introvert wants everyone to keep mute like him/her.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
I am not the one doing fasting and prayers to make Nigeria great and peaceful blame your prayer warriors grin

U are even ashamed that u are abusing ur fatherland. Spits***

Continue slaving in another man's land ooo
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ayinke93(f): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

Then u don't know anything about feminism

Feminism is anti God, anti children, anti love, anti marriage and anti men

Your lack of education isn't my fault.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Mordern Feminism has been hijacked by radicals whose aim is to espouse female superiority
Now you are talking, hijacked that I can listen to but outrightly demonizing feminism is what I will not take .

I agree it has been hijacked but the ideology behind it's original movement is what I will ever stick with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by fuckdemrepented: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Pocohantas, good afternoon baby.
werey dey disguise grin
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ayinke93:

We have facts on outside
The femcentric biased family court legal system in western nation proves that Feminism was never about equality but female privilege and supremacy in society
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Iceyjayz: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
MJBOLT:
I tried to have this discussion with a feminist in 2019,till today she's yet to respond grin
Nigerian feminist only practice online feminism, don't take them serious.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Women were never allowed to work at a time,even the ones who had to were not allowed to work in certain places and if they had the same jobs with men were paid lesser than men, for someone who knows so much about ideology you should know how it started undecided.

That's a lie

Women have always been working

It's just a radical set of women that wanted women to b equal to men in every area of life which is idiotic and foolish by the ways.

Women have always been the homecarers and caregivers of the society. Their job was to b give birth and nurture the home

And moreover gender wage gap is a myth

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by fuckdemrepented: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Now you are talking, hijacked that I can listen to but outrightly demonizing feminism is what I will not take .

I agree it has been hijacked but the ideology behind it's original movement is what I will ever stick with.
Oshey...STICKER
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mummyfour:
abeg, I don't even want to enter into a war of words with you.i no get power now.
The good and overly submissive women will understand better.

There is nothing like good and overly submissive

Submission keeps women hypergamous nature in check madam
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:

I'm not for gender equality or female supremacy whichever mordern feminist associate with,

I'm guessing you are for gender equality
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by luvmijeje(f): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Liessss
Check scandanavian countries like Sweden, Norway, Iceland, where male chauvinist laws have been removed

The difference between the genders has widen worse than that of Nigeria

The more Egalitarianistic-Equalistic a society becomes the more gender differences increase
Nursing 20:1 women: men
Engineering 20:1 men: women

And other STEM course
S science T Technology E engineering M mathematics

Very few female programmers in these societies compared to men

In other words we shouldn't fight for a just country. If nothing changes, you all have nothing to worry about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

''Together Since 1967'' Couple Celebrates 52nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / How Can He Take Custody Of His Son / Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.