Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story (17032 Views)

Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos / I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan - Tomiwa Oni / President Atiku #100k for nairalanders..for the love of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by segun18(m): 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thank God you are alive to tell the story. Pls kindly text Segalink. Pls everyone kindly reshare the story. This set of corrupt police officers must be put off the road.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Formularcr7: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Xclusivedaniel6:

now ask yourself, do you have sense?
I think that question should be directed to you
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Africanamania: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Aluta continua, rogue police everywhere,no one is safe.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by SavageResponse(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:
If u had nothing to hide u should not have paid.
Besides u can reschedule your flight.
If people cannot sacrifice a little inconvenience and refuse to pay the police when they are in the right,this would continue

I agree with you

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by drmikeadams(m): 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
OmoAkin85:
no be new thing.police follow me go atm withdraw my last 10k

When bro?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Tats(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
Watin you day use 2 laptop do?

There is nothing wrong with having 2 Laptops. I went to Dubai for holiday in December and had to carry my work and personal laptops, simply because I could be asked to quarantine for any reason or flights may be cancelled and I will be stuck there and not able to return to doing work in January. With my work laptop, I can work from any location I find myself, just like I have been working from home since March last year and not stepped into the office for one day since. I had planned to come to Nigeria for holiday in December but cancelled my trip due to all our Corona Virus quarantine and testing rules and I had also planned to take both laptops with me if I were coming.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Formularcr7: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
jimi4us:

Sometimes I wonder how nuisance like you are still breathing
You are the nuisance here? That's a very simple question to answer
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
I still feel inside my heart of heart that some of this things are not doing by real police men. I still feel some robbers disguise as policemen to do this. I
Cuz one very constant part of all these stories is that they never take you to station. They will threaten to but always end up settling for what you have before you get to station. I have also heard stories of people that said they took them to an uncompleted building.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying police men are not doing this, but I think some other people have joined the business!

2 Likes

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Muzee10(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:
If people cannot sacrifice a little inconvenience and refuse to pay the police when they are in the right, this would continue

This is a rubbish take: do you know how important the flight is? Do you also know how much missing the flight will cause him? Just scroll down if you don't have any meaningful things to say.

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by BruncleZuma: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Tats(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:
If people cannot sacrifice a little inconvenience and refuse to pay the police when they are in the right,this would continue

Can you guarantee that his work laptop would have been safe if he had decided not to play ball?
When he loses the laptop and eventually returns to the Netherlands and tells his employers that he lost his laptop in Nigeria and tells them the circumstances, do you know what impression that would have for our country? Such situations are why some overseas employers would not hire Nigerians as they would not know what to expect and you will be wondering why your job applications are getting rejected.

2 Likes

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Omezif(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeria police is theifs
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by dannykinz1: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
wahala no too much
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
i dnt knw y nigerian policemen are always in the news for the wrong reason. y thes pnple love stealing from the people they are suppose to protect?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by 2010goingon: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by seborrhic: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Okuda:

while i agree with you, situations with the nigeria plloce can go south very quickly and before we know it, we keep askimg how we go there in the first place but person don die.
I agree,but it's obvious this kind of stuff would continue if anytime the police arrest someone illegally,they just say,abeg,I don't want to waste my time or miss an appointment,let me settle them.
Something has to give if the police has to change and unfortunately it has to be the collective will and sacrifice of Nigerians.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by LeonMacJames(m): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Unclekayfarms:
Did the police asked you to switched on and enter d password of the laptops? Any exhibit found?
If u b yahoo boy forget I no get empathy for u, coz that means u and d police are d same
belike say you read the story upside down. Person said he lives and works in Netherlands, came back home for holiday and you dey assume yahoo

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by LeonMacJames(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:
I'm pretty sure you've never rescheduled an Intl flight before.

If you know the cost of doing so, you'd know 100k is a lesser price to pay. Time is money sir

2 Likes

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by LeonMacJames(m): 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
Omo, ignorance will not kill you sha. He clearly stated the reason for the two laptops but it's like you skipped that part

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by seborrhic: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Muzee10:

This is a rubbish take: do you know how important the flight is? Do you also know how much missing the flight will cause him? Just scroll down if you don't have any meaningful things to say.
For the sake of argument,what if the police had insisted that it was that ₦500k or nothing.
Won't he have still missed his flight because he would have had to wait till the next day to either withdraw or source that kind of money?
This thing would not obviously be stopped by the government,despite the protests,so what is the solution if not collective will to do what is right?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by fineboynl(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
the 2021 will be so interesting.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by poweredcom(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Shame to Nigerian police

So someone can't own two laptop again for business

I have the right to own nay amount of properties ok

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Spray(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
Mumu question

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Lightorder: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Unclekayfarms:
Did the police asked you to switched on and enter d password of the laptops? Any exhibit found?
If u b yahoo boy forget I no get empathy for u, coz that means u and d police are d same
so after all these clear explanations he gave , you still bringing yahoo into it . Oga, are you YAHOOPHOBIC sir?

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by 9icetoo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
You are an idiot. Tufia.

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Okoroawusa: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeria Police is still one of the worst in the world.
I think the guy gave in too easily. Allowing them to take you to the street side and moving from ATM and Paga. Where you should have attracted a crowd was on the road. Well he said he was in a hurry sha.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
ENG0701:

Some people are used to poverty that they cannot imagine someone having 2 laptops with stealing.

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
my broda please don't mind him,

convik 19 birus has devoured 99% of his brain, that is why his reasoning is in the reverse.

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
you sef reason ham, someone stated a well detailed ordeal and all you could do is exhibit your negativity
brother dont grow up with this attitude, dont let your offspring know your thinking is retarded

Formularcr7:
I think that question should be directed to you
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
LeonMacJames:
belike say you read the story upside down. Person said he lives and works in Netherlands, came back home for holiday and you dey assume yahoo

that guy belongs in a psych ward
his comment just tire me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring / Adeleke Accuses Oyetola Of Awarding N30bn Contracts / Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.