Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos (53871 Views)

Ijeoma Nwogwuwgwu Condemns Peter Obi, Others For Having Political Meeting Abroad / I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan - Tomiwa Oni / #RevolutionNow: Man Beaten & Dragged Into Police Van For Having Sharp Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by lalasticlala(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
On Sunday, police officers attached to Ajiwe Police Station in Ajah, Lagos, arrested Toluwaleke Ariyo, a development engineer, and three of his friends, then extorted money from them for a crime they could not expressly state.

Ariyo and his friends were on a Bolt trip at about 9 pm in the VGC area of Lagos when a police vehicle double-crossed their car and asked to search them.

“Knowing it was late, my friends and I did not argue with them,” he told FIJ. “But they had not checked us well when they asked that we follow them to their police station.”

At the station, the officers searched their phones and interrogated them several times but found nothing incriminating. Meanwhile, one of them had a Binance app on his phone.

“The police officers said Binance is used for money laundering and concluded my friend was a thief. They checked the app and found $250 in it. Then they asked us to write a statement or negotiate our way out of their web," Ariyo said.

“I offered to give them N2,000, but they asked that I double it if at all they would listen to me. According to them, the N4,000 was for the opportunity to even talk to them.”

After Ariyo paid the officers N4,000 for negotiation, they then took his friend who had the Binance app on his phone to a nearby POS where they withdrew N18,000 out of the N20,000 in his account. The time was 3 am.

According to Ariyo, the agents were nasty and ready to invent evidence if they had not agreed to bribe them.

FIJ placed several calls to CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, Lagos State Police spokesperson, but they were not answered. A text message sent to his phone was also not responded to.

https://fij.ng/article/how-policemen-detained-engineer-for-having-binance-app-in-lagos/

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Candidlady: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nigerian police are just so pathetic! And it is nat bout their salary bin little. They are just greedy by default especially the men!!

i dedicate this FTC to everyone out there fighting one addiction or the other! STAY STRONG

215 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by InvestorRicky(m): 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Was this included in the crypto ban? NO.
Banks were only instructed to to close up bank accounts of customers transacting on crypto & not the police arresting people with crypto apps installed in their phones. The NPF is to too lawless & sees everything as a means of extortion.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nigerian police force!
Bandits in uniform.

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by bestman09(m): 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
sad
Nigerian police officers are Bloody thieves. They could even frame someone up as a robber because of less than N10000.

BTW, these are my own apps on my phone. God will not allow them to see me as I'm a legit trader. Crypto trading is not an illegal biz

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by ForeThinker: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Seems Binance App's is the new VPN to Nigerian Police..

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Firstcitizen: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin The police is your fiend

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by yesloaded: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
No be JuJu be this

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by sodique20(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by grandstar(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Sars in another name!

It is an abomination to a fool to depart from evil. (Read Proverbs 13:19)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Legalcriminal: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Police trying hard to get money through extortion for their family for this festive period.

19 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by hemucology(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
cool cool cool
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by BlaqFaze: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Dem go arrest me tire because I get Binance, Bitfinex, Quidax and trust wallet for my phone undecided

38 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by pickatyoubackup: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Naija police wey no get head and direction.

Make Dem go detain malami .

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by jarvis4: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Po po
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by treesun: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
#Endsars will STILL happen just a matter of time. Police never learn, they are back with mufti.

41 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by GreatrAnalyst: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Getting worse yet
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Kingcalls: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
High level of illiteracy in our forces is a major problem... I think university degree should be the minimum

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Inkling(f): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good he paid them if not we will be reading another story entirely.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by xeratech: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
How is the app used for money laundering

12 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by westlius(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Very soon even e-naira app go be cashcow for police

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Grace001: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Just wait for them to deny it…

Useless good for nothing shameless Nigerian police force.

Criminals in uniform

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by olaboy33(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
In the second revolt, there will be no pity!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by CryptoClub2018: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
We say make them recruit people wey get sense into NPF, them no gree, na illiterates full NPF. You see that police officers wey dey Ajah wey dey use red and black Hilux, them be real criminals

11 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by Kishytee: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
God punish dem
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by reubenobi(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Fools!!
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by JerryJJZ(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
This country is devastatingly sinking by the day. Those people want to frustrate local man's hustle to the blink. How can you implement e-naira and keeps battling the crypto space... Which kind wahala be thissss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by joelag: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thank God the police officers non kill them
Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is one nonsense that no longer happens in the EAST..
Even the UNKNOWN Gunmen got there uses.. sad

17 Likes

Re: Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos by slimjohn2k5: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
POS at 3am, is the POS guy working with police?

Does bolt work at night?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed's Outfit To Real Madrid Stadium In Spain (Photos) / The Look On Obiano's Face As Buhari Hails Ganduje & Shades Kwankwaso In Paris / APC Supporters React As President Tinubu Appoints Obidient As Special Assistant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.