Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (88624 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by babakb: 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Chii59:
That goes to say that the average Nigerian man wants a MAID, not a wife in the sense of the word, PARTNERSHIP, but a subservient, docile, baby maker, who's only good for the kitchen and the other room, but never an equal who's capable of making and taking decisions in the homestead when and where necessary.
What you want is what you get.
Cool.

Of course, our wives are not our equals, we don't need them for any decision making, we provide for them and in return they perform their conjugal and domestic duties.

Full meaning of wife is:
Washing
Ironing
Fvcking
Eating

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Blueelf: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Chii59:
That goes to say that the average Nigerian man wants a MAID, not a wife in the sense of the word, PARTNERSHIP, but a subservient, docile, baby maker, who's only good for the kitchen and the other room, but never an equal who's capable of making and taking decisions in the homestead when and where necessary.
Cool.

Do not purposely misinterpret the writer's intentions. You know what he meant
You just want to bash Nigerian Men (as usual, it's getting really boring).

Moral of the story - teach your daughters to be dutiful, obedient and responsible. Don't over- pamper them.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by 9gerian: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
EOD!

richie240:
Simple stuvv: they (maids) show d true submissive nature of wives!
No sane man wants a combative woman as wife!

Ephesians 5:22
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord".
Feminism
"Me and my husband are mates, equals!"

All ye 'equality' crusaders, '50-50' chanters, sebi una see una life for bus-stop now.
Ndo!
cool

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by richie240: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

That you are not ready to be humble enough to lay down your life for your wife.
This is where 'Christian-feminists' (sounds like 'beautiful-beasts', 'holy devils' to d ears cool ) r getting it twisted.

The commandment of God for d husband to 'love d wife' doesn't negate His commandment for the 'wife to submit to her husband'. The 'love' doesn't change d fact DT d wife must recognize his husband as her lord!.

The 'humility/love' of d man for his wife doesn't change d fact that that same woman is under him; he is her lord!

Thatrt's the issue....you don't want to be like Christ, who though he was God, lowered himself, and humbled himself to die on the cross to save us from sin.
Did Christ die for us so that sin can abound?
That same 'Christ of love' is also a 'Christ of judgement'!

The fact DT Christ proved His love 4 us by dying on d cross 4 us doesnt give us d licence to disrespect him by sinning; same goes for d woman: the love her husband has for her shdnt be taken for granted and used to be disrespectful/insubmissive to her husbandman!
cool

From your comment...you don't want to love your wife to the point where you would be willing to lay down your life for her.
Once again, u missed d mark!
I can love my wife to die, to protect her, but that shdnt be an excuse for her to be unsubmissive/disrespectful/combative to me as her husband/lord!
cool

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by BrutusOj(m): 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Why won't suitors go for the maid when your daughters are spoilt brats without good attitude?

5 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by extol1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
RedPanthar:
E be like say one Bobo Don carry Zzor go. This one we nor dey too see her break light tongue
ask her partner pegi23
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Komu1048(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook, how to behave and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!

Yes bro, that’s what your uncle, Thomas also look out for. Keep it bro, it will surely end same way

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Who said its the only criteria?

chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Cammo: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
It becomes irrevocably bad when such over-pa mpered daughter of a rich man makes friends with a useless Nairaland feminist.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by phineas: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Let men who want to marry maids marry maids and those who want daughters marry daughters.

This thread is a stupid attempt at bashing daughters, who stoops that low.

May our daughters be like pillars in their palace sturdy and strong enough to support their homes been held together.May they have partners who know they are wives,helpmates and partners on journey of purpose and not maids

6 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Blueelf: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Aabheaven:
why blame the male gender or was the article written by a man. Or is it that u lack understanding and uncouth. Such Ill mannered piece of thing. Put your frustration someone daft thing

Very frustrated being, I tell you

She just purposely misinterpreted the writer's intentions.

Any thread like this, she and her ilk will fly towards it and look for opportunities to bash. Threads like this give them orgasms and make them wet down there.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Maybe the maids are more endowed...........

[img]https://images./6APDXnTUrjoAG63pQLCskR.gif[/img]

cheesy grin
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chinchonglee(m): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Blueelf:

When she mistakenly poisons you in the name of cooking, you go know how far. Let's see if her "smartness" will be the antidote to your stomach troubles...

May the good food remove all the troubles in ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Jman06(m): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
Are you aware that it takes smartness to know how to cook and clean

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by richie240: 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dirakamara:
Only a mumu guy go settle with an illiterate, almost all gals nw are graduates, gals just need to work on their characters and just that
Gbam!
U've just hit d nail on d head.
A popular saying: "talent/skills/beauty (etc) can get u 2 d top, but discipline (aka character) keeps u there".

No matter how beautiful and educated a woman/wife is, if she refuses to submit and see her husband as her leader/lord, the marriage won't last!

mrksquare:
I couldn't agrees less. Now I know why my uncle came back from America and got married to a maid he met at his friends house. At first I was surprised at his choice of wife given that he is very educated, but now it is becoming clearer why he opted for her. His wife is domestically grounded and parades acceptable mannerism.
EOD!
cool

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by BigBizzy(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chinchonglee(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
angelfallz:
Who said its the only criteria?

What other qualities do house maids have?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Blueelf: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
chinchonglee:

May the good food remove all the troubles in ur marriage.

Amen

And u shall enjoy with glee. After all, its my food

grin cheesy grin
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Psalmistproject: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

Shameless bunch of men tongue

It's not by force madam. You can remain single and do the same chores for yourself and still go to work and hustle for your living.

If you are already married, stop nagging and forcing your husband to do house chores because you are the one bringing in the money.

Don't you know that a man performs better when encouraged and giving room to think for himself?

6 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
angelfallz:
Wow, i did not think you would agree with it.

Why won't I agree with it? That's just the gospel truth.

Some people think they are giving their children the best life by not letting them touch any domestic work but they don't know they are training them to become lazybones and useless to themselves and people around them.

The same way we were trained is how my sisters are training their children. My first nephew is just 14 but he cooks and takes care of his younger ones. In fact, he handles one of his dad's ATM cards and manages the account.

You train a child in a way that when you're not there, he can independently handle certain things. That's the kind of family I come from.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chinchonglee(m): 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
Komu1048:

Yes bro, that’s what your uncle, Thomas also look out for. Keep it bro, it will surely end same way
Why my own opinion dey vex you
Marry house maid and leave me to my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by phineas: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
phineas:
Let men who want to marry maids marry maids and those who want daughters marry daughters.

This thread is a stupid attempt at bashing daughters who stoops that low.

May our daughters be like pillars in their palace sturdy and strong enough to support their homes been held together.May they have partners who know they are wives,helpmates and partners on journey of purpose and not maids

Meanwhile that's a proverbs verse "That our daughters may be like pillars polished after the similtitude of a palace"

I have also read guiding verses in islam on this.

1 suggests a woman may be married for 4 reasons..her beauty,her wealth,her lineage or her spirituality

.it's a simple matter choose your reason and let others be.

The daughter of the rich wields a power that any man or woman will be stupid to ignore.Rich girls know your worth and don't grovel to any silly suitor that doesn't know it

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

No go learn how to cook and manage home..stay here dey disgrace urself.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chinchonglee(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Jman06:
Are you aware that it takes smartness to know how to cook and clean
If her smartness is only on how to cook and clean, i nor marry
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by 9gerian: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Your point correlates with the writer’s in a way.

However, the standard for the definition of a wife dates back to the creator. Adam first, then Eve as a helpmate for Adam.

There are other definitions as various individuals and cultures come up with from time to time, but the fundamentals have endured throughout the existence of man. That man leads the family, and the wife supports the man to achieve the family goals.

Chii59:
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by edoairways: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Gerrard59:
This article has been recycled countless times on the FP. Don't you guys get tired?

BTW, like in most Nigerian written articles, no surveys or peer-reviewed studies on how they came about the outcome. Just vibes, cobwebs and coconut in their heads.
Wowwww. The article isn't valid enough since it is not empirically proven.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Liposure: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
It is very important as a girl to know how to cook. The way to a man's heart is his stomach

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by samx4real(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

With this stupid mentality

You no go fit stay for man house.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by phineas: 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Chii59:
Cool.

No these ones do not represent the average Nigerian man.Only the jobless ones with a lot of free time on their hands.No succesfull man underestimates the role of a thinking ,smart ,connected or spiritual helpmate to weather the storms of life with them.

Underachieving men with challenges on their perception of self,either in wealth or size cant deal with such partners those are the type that marry a yes yes woman or maid.They are not the average Nigerian man just a small vocal minority.You know what they say about empty barrels

7 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by edoairways: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
honest1480:
Why won't they prefer maids for marriage while they are the ones that do all the house chores perfectly. Men love women that take care of home and their stomachs with right delicacies.
Gerrard59 this dude's comment refute the writer's view. Am sure there are still men who aren't moved by domestic house chores

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.