Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? (3404 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Police IG, Arase, Moves To Remove Lamorde As EFCC Chairman - Premium Times / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by sartorius(m): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2007
http://www.tribune.com.ng/03072007/news/news4.html

I hope this is not true. Maybe Yar'adua wants to start on a clean sheet?
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by henro2007: 9:49am On Jul 03, 2007
I wonder, why Ribadu is silent all this while. He's not seeing again. What could be happening to that young man? Yar 'Adua should know that fighting corruption in Nigeria means you must be ready to create enemy and friends. All these trying to make peace with all opposition can not and will not help him. No body in Nigeria can fight coruption with peace. That's just my personal view and advice for him.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by MILITIA(f): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2007
Who cares? What did the hooked nosed wishy-washy Ribadu do anyway? Maybe someone else might take the job more seriously so might not be a bad move afterall! The Mallam Nuhu was all noise and not action! I say good riddance! angry
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by desgiezd(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2007
If the government wants to replace him so be it. I guess the guy so messed himself up under OBJ and allowed himself to be used and rubbished. Anyone occupying that position should be neutral and non partisan.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by henro2007: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2007
Who cares?  What did the hooked nosed wishy-washy Ribadu do anyway?  Maybe someone else might take the job more seriously so might not be a bad move afterall!  The Mallam Nuhu was all noise and not action!  I say good riddance

Well, D'u  call the arrest of Former Police Boss, Tafa a noise?  Attempt to arrest and prosecute Former Gov. Dariye a noise? Attempt to bring to book Former vice-president Atiku, which was later vindicated by indictment of A US congressman Jefferson a noise?  D'u call attempt to bring to Justice Governors who laundered Nigeria Money abroad and left their state accounts in deficit a Noise?  Brother, I dont think so, Let's support that young man he's doing a great job!|
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by MILITIA(f): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2007
henro2007:

Well, D'u  call the arrest of Former Police Boss, Tafa a noise? Attempt to arrest and prosecute Former Gov. Dariye a noise? Attempt to bring to book Former vice-president Atiku, which was later vindicated by indictment of A US congressman Jefferson a noise?  D'u call attempt to bring to Justice Governors who laundered Nigeria Money abroad and left their state accounts in deficit a Noise?  Brother, I don't think so, Let's support that young man he's doing a great job!|

Thank you very much oh!  I am happy you confessed that there were a lot of attempts  with no serious cases! grin-----after 8 years you can only mention Tafa!  As for Tafa the Thief, please give me a break!  Like Tafa was the worst thing in Nigeria then!

Please we do not need people with "attempts" on their resume or portfolios!  We need people who can actually[b] perform [/b] and not "attempt" to perform!  Rubbish!  What a waste of resources! embarassed
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by niyyie(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2007
I don't think there's an issue if the new FG govt decides to replace Ribadu. If I were Yar Adua, I would replaced him.

Ribadu did a good job on several occasions, but he also allowed himself to be used and abused by OBJ. I'd rather start on a clean sheet.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by zignor(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2007
@millitia
how old are you dear? just asking angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by preoil(f): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2007
there are always two sides in every coin, how can you see the head and tail at the same time. Maybe Nuhu should go and a new enthusiast brought on board. Someone who will not do the 'masters bidding' in pretence of national service.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by McKren(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2007
BigB1 will have a field day with this one

Sacking Ribadu might be one of the conditions given to Yaradua by Atiku to withdraw his case.

Yaradua should watch otherwise he will spend his whole tenure pacifying opposition.

As for Ribadu, he should hold his head up high because no one has done the job better than he did it.

Okonjo-Iweala eulogised him while giving the talk "To help Africa? Do bussiness there", Even Orji Kalu could not defend saying something bad about Ribadu when he was on Hardtalk in the run up to last election. Wole Soyinkas, the Ganis think EFCC under Ribadu was OBJ's greatest achievement.

Abubakar Tsav while campaigning against Ribadu for IG thinks he is a great Cop based on his achievement.

But people will come here, in their desperate attempt to rubbish Ribadu they start quoting Asari Dokubo, and backyard Journalists paid N10,000 to write a Newspaper report in a particular manner.

I wish Yaradua luck, I heard they have deployed people to scrutinize the act setting up the EFCC so as to in retrospect look for a nailing offence against Ribadu.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by henro2007: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2007
Thank you very much oh!  I am happy you confessed that there were a lot of attempts  with not serious cases! -----after 8 years you can only mention Tafa!  As for Tafa the Thief, please give me a break!  Like Tafa was the worst thing in Nigeria then!

Please we do not need people with "attempts" on their resume or portfolios!  We need people who can actually perform and not "attempt" to perform!  Rubbish!  What a waste of resources!

Those 'attempts', we all know (except if you  get carried aways with the happenings in you foreign land) were due in most cases to the legal system that throw immunity on those political thiefs. This is not Ribadu's doing. You said you wants someone who can perform.  And you will be the 1st to accuse him of being used by former president. All I'm saying is: The young man has proven himself. He attempted to arrest Alemiesiga (Pardon for the wrong spelling), then bayelsa state governor, he succeeded b'cos of the support from the entire house of assembly. Kudos to Ribadu!
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by azorjiu(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2007
Very few individuals can do Ribadu's job with same enthusiasm- the zeal to rid the country of corruption.

He is a fine gentleman who puts the interest of the nation above individual gain.

Yar' adua may have the power to replace him, but I doubt it is the best action at this time. If anything, he should be encouraged to carry on with the good work.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by zignor(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2007
I didn't see any reason why Ribadu should be removed as EFCC boss, because the man is working hard. those people clarmouring for his removal are those corrupt politicians who will continue to loot our tressurey.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by Soundmind(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2007
Though i am not a politician, i support Ribadu's removal. He was political and partisan while doing his job. He himself told us that Alao Akala is corrupt for running Oyo state for only 11 months and mismanaging =N=2.6b. Olabode George wasted 85b in NPA, what did he do? Ahmedu Ali started from Ali must go in 1978 to Ali must chop in 2006, where were RIbadu. Atiku was corrupt, true, what of Gbenga Daniel? a saint? Hei, Uba brothers are in Anambra state, what has he done about them? Yes, Andy declared asset worth over =N= 67b, Ribadu hailed him. Pls, what are his businesses and source of income. El Rufai sold house to himself. No, it is allowed, he is a technocrat.
Ribadu, bye. When next you are given appointment, you will do it with every NUHU RIBADU in you and not doing it with NUHU and reserving RIbadu.
That is not to say he did nothing. He started very well but got confuses along the line. Ribadu, well done. Bye.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by Meedu(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2007
EFCC is just a name, ribadu has only been used by the previous goverment. that is why he is silent now. i hav a cousin that works for the efcc and he always jist me that there is serious corruption within there own organisation, like the top efcc officials awarding contracts to there family members without following the due process, these contracts are not even carried out well and they cant arrest the contractors cause its their family, its for these same reason they go out arresting others for not following the due process, money sent to the efcc by foreign organisations like the E.U to enable them send some of there boys overseas for training are cut in half no one knows what happens to the other half, these boys end up goin thru hell or rather go to hell for their training. the list goes on. EFCC IS SCRAP, COS CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME,
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by tasiana(m): 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2007
maybe ,afterall he was just there for Obasanjo to use in settling his personal scores and vendetta.guess now that he has finished using him  to pave way for  his 3rd term bid,they will surely dump him because as far as the state house, is concerned,Obasanjo still run things.Which way Ngeria!  sad
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by globalaid(m): 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2007
I quite agree that ribadu is a fine gentleman who meant well for this country but he came at the wrong time. He started on a good note and end with shame. I saw it coming when he became a spokesman for Obasanjo, defending what is not there to defend, who can defend Obasanjo that he is not corrupt, he could have remain silent as he did now instead of dabbling into politics. To me the man makes too much noise without action and i wont be suprise if yaradua replace him, people that are looking for a radical change from yaradua should forget it, it is still obasanjo ruling by proxy
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by abubaka(m): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2007
my people,even though Ribadu's fight against corruption was selective,i think we should still salute the man,cos we ve to start frm somewhere.I can now bet wit my life that because EFCC and Ribadu's drive to get rid of corrupt officials,most of these new elected officials wld be very carefull in how they deal wit public funds,thereby resulting to minimal mismanagement of tax payers money.
It was a nice idea of setting up EFCC and i blive one day,Nigeria wld be corrupt free
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by HAH: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2007
If i were Ribadu i will resign because after making so much noise about how corrupt the past governors are nothing is happenning to them infact  those that even ran away are back walking freely as senators or ministers to be . Nigeria we are in trouble and for Ribadu a policeman is always a policeman no principle
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by IykeD1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
Ribadu is but one single human being, that he has done the job for the past years does not mean there is no
one else capable of doing the job. Having said that, I personally believe Ribadu has done a very good job.

We are most likely to end up worse than where we are now if Yar Adua's idea of Unity Government means
scrapping all the work that the EFCC has done in the past simply because the so-called opposition or critics
of last elections feels that the EFCC was being selective.

For those of you mouthing off (Militia for one), obviously, you have no idea how this things works. An agency
like the EFCC can not function independently of the Presidency. They do their work the best they know how
and in some high profile cases its up to the presidency to sign off. Can you imagine arresting the IG of police
without the Presidency signing off on that?

This is were politics comes into play and no matter who Yar Adua puts in that position, political consideration
will also play a major role from time to time - Yar Adua will have to give his consent before certain cases or
arrests can go forward. If that wasn't the case, then why is everybody surprise that none of the governors
have been arrested yet? That could not be Ribadu's fault because his new boss, Yar Adua has to give the go
ahead and its clear that Yar Adua is putting politics first in the name of Unity Government or enthroning political
dialog.

I am still reserving judgment on this Yar Adua guy, but any attempt to let these thieving governors off the hook
will certainly undermine his government no matter how much dialog he wants to encourage in the polity. Its
becoming clearer that Atiku will go free, that seems to be his asking price to partake in the Unity Government.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by HAH: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2007
If i were Ribadu i will resign because after making so much noise about how corrupt the past governors are nothing is happenning to them infact those that even ran away are back walking freely as senators or ministers to be . Nigeria we are in trouble and for Ribadu a policeman is always a policeman no principle
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by McKren(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2007
Well after electoral tribunal then I will know Mr. Yaradua's true intentions
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by MILITIA(f): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2007
zignor:

@millitia
how old are you dear? just asking angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Much older than you honey!  So do not even go there with your Ribadu! angry  Like you sound more mature or something? Shio!

zignor:

I didn't see any reason why Ribadu should be removed as EFCC boss, because the man is working hard. those people clarmouring for his removal are those corrupt politicians who will continue to loot our tressurey.

That is your opinion! Can someone else voice his or hers without your "maturity level"?
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2007
if Yaradua wants ribadu out so be it! the only person i deem fit to be retained is dora. A woman who fought both pdp and non pdp in the fight against fake drugs.

The ex. gov. aint scared of ribadu and the body called efcc, b4 now they run because they know the commander gen obj would use his dog (efcc) against them but now that the coast is clear. the almighty Efcc becomes powerless
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by DisGuy: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2007
Ashiwaju:

if Yaradua wants ribadu out so be it! the only person i deem fit to be retained is dora. A woman who fought both pdp and non pdp in the fight against fake drugs.

The ex. gov. aint scared of ribadu and the body called efcc, before now they run because they know the commander gen [/b]obj would use his dog (efcc) against them but now that the coast is clear. the almighty Efcc becomes powerless

If they were not guilty they wont be running will they?

How exactly can you fight corruption in nigeria? whoever come along will have to be involved with politic one way or the other politicians are the most corrupt people in the country.

I wish whoever comes in [b]goodluck
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by spora(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2007
Poor Ribadu!

He has outlived his usefulness and his cup is full.

I still maintain that OBJ is the biggest potical mistake Nigeria ever made. The man is devil-impersonate. The good platform he met and used as a stepping-stone (PDP), he has destroyed. Even those eulogising OBJ when he was in power, did so for thier survival. I mean how many founders of PDP, that are still in PDP can you count today.

OBJ is a professor in Use & Dump Syndrome.  What of people like Bola Ige, Okonjo-Iweala, Tafa, Ehindero, Soludo, Jerry Gana. I mean, the list is endless. These people have been used and dropped.

So if Yar'adua is breaking from the useless stigma, so be it. No Obasanjo die-hard supporter should have a say in this new dispensation. They dont deserve it. QED
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by BigB11(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2007
I hope this new development is true.

No disrespect to Mr. Ribadu, he's a fine Nigerian and still one of my favorite Nigerians around today.

Releasing Ribadu from his current position will be a sensible move for the new administration and for Nigeria in general.
This move will prevent corrupt politicians or leaders from having any excuses when the prosecution starts.

Moreover, releasing him will definitely help the new administration to move forward with the "war against corruption project" more effectively and efficiently.

While I support this move, I also support re-dispatching Ribadu to another position with the federal government. A man like Ribadu must stay around, I think the man has a lot left to give.

There is absolutely no need to panic, there is another Ribadu out there somewhere; Nigerians are bright people and we do still have honest, sincere and dedicated Nigerians out there. Hence replacing Ridabu will be difficult, but it is possible.

No need to feel bad; regardless of where or what he ends up doing, the man will be fine.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by Mamajama(m): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2007
Don't buy this useless mess. RIbadu is been prepare for the ultimate post of IGP. Okiro is set up for failure and RIbadu will be the next IGP. It's all part of the beaurecracy. Ribadu did his best for the nation, there is no way you can fight or tackle corruption at such a sensitive post without stepping on peoples toes. Mark my word HAUSA people always stick together and they will all party behind close doors.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by Gheorghe(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
started fine but ended on a very wrong note by been used politically to witch-hunt opposition.

Ribadu or whoever occupies that sit will/may still be used except the law establishing the commission is looked at so

that efcc will be run as an independent commission just like the judiciary.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by spora(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2007
This is certaininly not the best of time for "almighty" Nuhu "Ribadun" (Yoruba word for Bribe is sweet).

A good lesson for people in positions of authority about the transient of power.
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by IykeD1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2007
@gheorghe

started fine but ended on a very wrong note by been used politically to witch-hunt opposition.

Ribadu or whoever occupies that sit will/may still be used except the law establishing the commission
is looked at so

that efcc will be run as an independent commission just like the judiciary.

And how truly independent do you think most independent commissions or judiciary really are?
Even in the states, just about any independent commission or prosecutor are accused by the other party
of partisanship, whether true or not. Politics will always be a force to reckon with when investigating
"political" people or appointees. No matter what the detractors are saying, NONE have accused Ribadu
of being corrupt, now that is remarkable in Nigeria!
Re: FG Might Remove Ribadu As EFCC Boss? by chisco: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2007
It's would be a very sad end for such a promising man in our political space. I thought he did quite well in some quarters but messed it all up by his tacit partisan role in the OBJ's third term / 'abracadabra' election saga.  He was actually used to clear the road for OBJ 'anointed' candidates.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Big Northern Gang-up Against Jonathan / Gov Amaechi, Akpabio Fight In Obasanjo's Presence; Patience Jonathan Lambasted / Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.