Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

"We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains (33346 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians / CBN Warns Nigerians, “abusing The Naira Attracts Jail Term Punishment” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by naijadrivablog: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
iHart:
What about CEO and MD?

Chairman is the most senior member of a Company, followed by MD or CEO, then Executive Director, Director and others.

Formerly, people bear Chairman/CEO but the new CAMA 2020 law states that a Chairman (more alike a patron or retired owner) can not also be a CEO (who is in charge of the running of the company).

Dokpesi is the Chairman of DAAR Group but his son is the CEO and one of the wives, Tosin Dokpesi is also a Director, etc.

A chairman need not to come to work but the CEO/MD and others do.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
See finishing grin

See traffic grin

People dey boil but dem no wan talk cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nicepoker(m): 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
[s]
Millenniumlady:
Especially those useless Nigerian guys that calls themselves programmers mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
[/s]
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Olakunleyakub(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2021
She is right...I know many people will be bitter about this but she said the truth..

The name has been over abused!

People in big industry like real estate, oil and gas, health and the likes can explain better for you why it is not easy to be a CEO.

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Jyde89: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
just as many unannointed and unqualified people abuse the pastor title and nobody arrest them for it, madam off your mic if you haven't patented the title.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Whats her own there?

Abeg, let people promote themselves if nobody promotes them to the position of a CEO.grin

I am a CEO in my own respect. Take it or leave it. tongue

#selfpromoter
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Especially those useless Nigerian guys that calls themselves programmers mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
I'm a programmer. I studied computer science, spent another 3 years learning several programming languages and markup languages. I have build several websites and apps for several people without complain. So else should I call myself if I don't have the right to call myself a programmer?
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Pat081: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
We call it the way we all like and I see nothing wrong in that
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Chiggsglover(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dogalmighty17:
Big fool with ugly face. Who asked you?
Its terribly Immature to attack the messenger instead of the message.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by backtalkG(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
See her bleached fingers
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by 99thEnemy(m): 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:

In how many ways does this Not Make Any Sense :

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

int Millenniumlady(int n){
static int i=1;// to make one time initialization of the nonsense
cout<<i<<" : time"<<endl; // counting the function calls for the number of rubbish counts

if(n==1){
return 1;//base case
}
else{
i++;
return n=n*Millenniumlady(n-1);
}
}

int main(){

cout<<"Enter to number of words to find the number of time it is senseless : ";
int num;
cin>>num;
num = Millenniumlady(num); // function call
cout<<"\n Number of times it amounts to Rubbish is: "<<num << endl;
return 0;
}

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
kalu61:
Everybody na CEO for Nigerian. Na only me remain.
maaazi kalu this ur englishgbo e be as he get amam la bu onyeigbo
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by pocohantas(f): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
She is right, but I have noticed Nigerians love titles. Once they get one, they’ll so abuse it.

MD/CEO. Importer, Exporter, General Merchandise and Distributor of Foreign Liquor...

You will see wedding invitations and title go full everywhere. Esq, Engr, Arch. Na wetin sef? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by MartinsD12(m): 1:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
benjackugo:
Nigerian Business Developer, Omobaabirin Adedotun, is of the opinion that Nigerians abuse the word, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Twitter handle, she wrote:

https://twitter.com/HellenKotila/status/1350141065265864709?s=19
That's the raw truth, many will not like it, ceo is being abused

1 Like

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by greatness77: 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
grin
osamz007:

I know say na space u dey book
osamz007:

osamz007:

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by lepaciousfunmi(f): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
71,000 Facebook Page for sale
Interested buyer should contact me on Whatsapp 09065156703
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by greatness77: 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
osamz007:

A FOR APPLE
grin
osamz007:

A FOR APPLE
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
pocohantas:
She is right, but I have noticed Nigerians love titles. Once they get one, they’ll so abuse it.

MD/CEO. Importer, Exporter, General Merchandise and Distributor of Foreign Liquor...

You will see wedding invitations and title go full everywhere. Esq, Engr, Arch. Na wetin sef? grin
grin

1 Like

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by uuzba(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
Olakunleyakub:
She is right...I know many people will be bitter about this but she said the truth..

The name has been over abused!

People in big industry like real estate, oil and gas, health and the likes can explain better for you why it is not easy to be a CEO.
We are abusing a lot of things due to poverty and hardship.
How can kids be wearing academic gown because they finished nursery, Primary, or secondary school?
Nothing concerns kids with academic gown until you become a graduate. You haven't achieved anything, and you are celebrating.
Same thing with this CEO issue.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by kalu61(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
MIGHTYMAN82:
maaazi kalu this ur englishgbo e be as he get amam la bu onyeigbo
Auto spelling l guess sha.

Nwafor kambu full time. Not ashame of my root.

Happy weekend
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by fastseo: 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:

You can programmers useless? Are u for real
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Martialb1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:

You b mumu, how a programmer go take call ein self CEO ehh. Damn bloody fool, I sure say u never meet any true programmer b4. Olodo lapata
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by harmony75: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
claim what you like it does not concern anybody
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Even people roasting corn, satchet water and sellling suya calls themselves CEO grin like .

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Lewisdinho(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
Na Fight u dey start so o
Millenniumlady:
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Yoruba1stson: 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Shey you mean CE0 - Chief Executive Omoita everybody nah ceo but it is different
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Ibime(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Chairman is the most senior member of a Company, followed by MD or CEO, then Executive Director, Director and others.

Formerly, people bear Chairman/CEO but the new CAMA 2020 law states that a Chairman (more alike a patron or retired owner) can not also be a CEO (who is in charge of the running of the company).

Dokpesi is the Chairman of DAAR Group but his son is the CEO and one of the wives, Tosin Dokpesi is also a Director, etc.

A chairman need not to come to work but the CEO/MD and others do.

In simple terms, a Chairman is a non-executive Director while a CEO is an Executive Director. The chairman oversees the board and holds the Executive team to account on behalf of stakeholders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Cousin9999: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
I mean she's right, but who cares? It's not that deep.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by SmartyPants(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
She's not right.

CEO/MD is a position prescribed by law in the formation of a company. There need not be other executives for there to be a CEO.

The CEO of a trading company is also a trader.

I suppose she means sole trader.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by int0x80(m): 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Nigerians abuse every thing. One man will open one kiosk and tell you he is an entepreneur
grin grin grin grin
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Ryan03(f): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Typical Olosho rants... angry Who cares?

CEO - Chief Executive Olosho
not everyone is your mother. Grow up

1 Like

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Ryan03(f): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dogalmighty17:
Big fool with ugly face. Who asked you?
you are the fool for not knowing who a CEO is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / ‘this Is Why The Naira Fell Despite CBN Intervention’ – ABCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.