Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 (21888 Views)

2023: Power Should Rotate To Southern Nigeria – Douye Diri Tells Atiku / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by zoomzoom(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
[quote author=niyisky post=98113101]South or North, competence must be prioritized.

...and we have COMPETENCE in abundance in both sides of the DIVIDE. So EQUITY COMES IN HERE.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by SUPOL(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
I’ll slap u bloody corper if u can’t be constructive in ur thinking.
Isobug:

So for the whole of a population of more than 30million people,no one is capable of handling Nigeria? It means if you're given the nation to lead that you can't handle it, yet you come here everyday badmouthing anyhow when nothing is in your skull
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by muhdfaruq(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
niyisky:
South or North, competence must be prioritized
True talk.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by tutudesz: 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
shosky1794:

Well that depends on how much canvassing and negotiations they can do in the two major parties. One thing is certain, they cannot railroad anybody into giving them the presidency.
With the joint statement made by South East political leaders some days back, they were demanding for the ticket from all political parties be zoned to South East.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Latvin: 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
tutudesz:

With the joint statement made by South East political leaders some days back, they were demanding for the ticket from all political parties be zoned to South East.

Rather than demanding, they should negotiate it. This is what Zulum is saying. Nothing is given freely. No use threatening

1 Like

Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by kalu61(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
Mgbadike80:
OOK has lost credibility, Umahi have lately been seen as a betrayer and extremist due to his recent unguarded statements, harsh actions and the negative press from the PDP politicians fighting back, Ogbonna Onu have credibility but he has not showed any serious interest. Ohanaeze is currently an object of ridicule in the east, they can't deliver block votes and should not because partisan politics would tear it apart, we can't forget that two parallel elections was just held by Ohanaeze and the less popular faction might go to court to derail the organisation.
There is nothing like credibility in Nigeria politics. People come from prison to rule the masses, people with corrupt profile deciding our fates.

When the cabal that decides Nigeria future, endorses you. You are good to go. Umahi irrespective of what happened recently still remains the best bet. Politics is stormy terrain, so Umahi can't be devoid of that storm.

Ohanaeze election has been won and lost. Whosoever sponsored the parallel election can't do anything and that's Rochase.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Mgbadike80:
OOK has lost credibility, Umahi have lately been seen as a betrayer and extremist due to his recent unguarded statements, harsh actions and the negative press from the PDP politicians fighting back, Ogbonna Onu have credibility but he has not showed any serious interest. Ohanaeze is currently an object of ridicule in the east, they can't deliver block votes and should not because partisan politics would tear it apart, we can't forget that two parallel elections was just held by Ohanaeze and the less popular faction might go to court to derail the organisation.

Lost credibility ke. Umahi is miles ahead of Ikpeazu , Uzodinma , Obiano and Gburugburu. Decamping to APC increased his popularity.
Kingsley has zero political pedigree. He's only popular in Nnewi besides his party @YPP does not yet have the political structure to win a presidential election.

Ouk has a structure. But man is an ex convict. A big dirt on his image if you ask me.

Obi is more than qualified. But It seems like he only want to play second fiddle to Waziri which is bad to the South East vis-a-vis 2023 project.

Better 4 us to negiotiate with the North , if possible persuade the two dominant political party to present SE candidates as their presidential flagbearer.

If the SE have a united front , i don't give a flying fvck about the Boullion Van and SW 2023 project.

1 Like

Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Latvin: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Lost credibility ke. Umahi is miles ahead of Ikpeazu , Uzodinma , Obiano and Gburugburu. Decamping to APC increased his popularity.
Kingsley has zero political pedigree. He's only popular in Nnewi besides his party @YPP does not yet have the political structure to win a presidential election.

Ouk has a structure. But man is an ex convict. A big dirt on his image if you ask me.

Obi is more than qualified. But It seems like he only want to play second fiddle to Waziri which is bad to the South East vis-a-vis 2023 project.

Better 4 us to negiotiate with the North , if possible persuade the two dominant political party to present SE candidates as their presidential flagbearer.

If the SE have a united front , i don't give a flying fvck about the Boullion Van and SW 2023 project.

Good attempt at analysing the options. Do more of this and deftly eliminate counter options to SE candidates emanating from both dominant parties. Build more bridges, reach out more and play this damn political game to achieve what you want. Quit the victim and helpless mentality and stop blaming everyone else except yourselves
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by fantasy2018: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
With Boko haram on the rise, one nigeria is for dreamers.

1 Like

Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by ogashman(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
drlateef:

Young blood like Sowore who stole his party’s money grin

I know you re one of those myopic people blinded by ethnic and religious sentiments, supporting these old men.

Was Sowore the only youth vying for the President in Nigeria?

What about Kingsley morghalu and the likes?
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Enugupikin: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
kalu61:
There is no doubt that power will come to south in 2023.
We will see how PDP and Atiku will fix this.

I have said it and will continue to say it, Ohanaeze needs to foster a unity front for all the aspirations from SE in each party and from there move to negotiate power with other regions.

It must not be SW because both regions are likely not to agree but with actors from other regions. By so doing, the power of give and take can be achieved.

OBJ became president without the SW and Igbo can be president without SE or SW. Its about negotiation.

Umahi is SE best bet, OUK and other keys members should be brought to a round table to see to this and only Ohanaeze can do this.
Well stated
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by MadamExcellency: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
Oracleforce:
What zulum was trying to say is that the power must be shift back to the south-west region.

Whosoever is not happy should take a bottle of sniper and sip it

You didn't read his submission.

He said that the fear of secession shouldn't be a barrier to doing the right thing.

There is only one region in Nigeria being referred to when secession is mentioned
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by drlateef: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
ogashman:

I know you re one of those myopic people blinded by ethnic and religious sentiments, supporting these old men.

Was Sowore the only youth vying for the President in Nigeria?

What about Kingsley morghalu and the likes?

Kingsley Mogalu is above 50 years old. Not a youth. Why didn’t your IPOB brothers vote for him? Why did they choose a thief whom Obasonjo declared as a big robber in his book? What do you call that? Parochial blindness isn’t it?
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Latvin: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
kalu61:
There is no doubt that power will come to south in 2023.
We will see how PDP and Atiku will fix this.

I have said it and will continue to say it, Ohanaeze needs to foster a unity front for all the aspirations from SE in each party and from there move to negotiate power with other regions.

It must not be SW because both regions are likely not to agree but with actors from other regions. By so doing, the power of give and take can be achieved.

OBJ became president without the SW and Igbo can be president without SE or SW. Its about negotiation.

Umahi is SE best bet, OUK and other keys members should be brought to a round table to see to this and only Ohanaeze can do this.

Very well said
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
Latvin:

Good attempt at analysing the options. Do more of this and deftly eliminate counter options to SE candidates emanating from both dominant parties. Build more bridges, reach out more and play this damn political game to achieve what you want. [/b]Quit the victim and helpless mentality and stop blaming everyone else except yourselves[b]

@ the bolded...
Can you elaborate?
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Ofemmanu1: 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jagznation:
yes offcos power should shift to the south-east

East ke?

imagine power shifting to potorpotor godforsaken shit hole biabia ipod jews?!

Never!
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Latvin: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

@ the bolded...
Can you elaborate?

Most of what is said before now centers around cries of marginalisation and why the rest of the country do not want a SE president.

In my view, that is victim mentality and the wrong way to approach the issue. A concrete plan and perfect implementation of how to get both parties to nominate SE candidates as their flagbearers is the way to go. It is hard work but very achievable.

One recent example I can give to illustrate my point - prior to the Edo State election, some people were already crying foul, saying APC will rig the election, bla bla bla. But the people got off their backsides, said Edo was not Lagos, mobilized to stop rigging attempts, voted for their choice and defended it with their lives. That was bold action to actualize their collective will. It may not be entirely similar but circumstances are the same
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Heavensent01(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
I don't care where power is going to within the southerners in 2023 but what I want to prophesized is that Tinubu will never become my President in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Vistra40: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ezennwa:
Trust a Yoruba man at your own peril.

They've had their own turn, but will make things difficult for Igbos to achieve their own ambition, all because of 2023

Igbos should start using long Spoon when it comes to Yoruba Politicians. They don't want Igbos to smell Aso Rock, but God pass them

Oga, every politician irrespective of tribe are the same. If you don’t have any ordinary yoruba man you can trust, leave others who re friends with them to trust them. This too much tribal bigotry in this Nairaland is doing more harm than good to everyone
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Coinbased: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
oh
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by AsawanaDgreat: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Good one babagana zulum
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by abduldigil(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
This shows that,Nigerian masses has no option in voting the right person
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by olajizz01(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
enyi1:
If there's anything like rotation between North and South, there should also be a rotation within North and within south. SW have already had there turn but still clinging on rotational presidency. If there will be any rotation, there's nothing like South, rather SE or SS. Anything short we burn the bridge and power returns back to North. I'm sure we all witnessed June 12 and I'm sure North will be more than willing to negotiate with SE/SS to retain power so let's all respect ourselves
How many bridge will you burnt, guess 5%,and you guys will never stand alone without mentioning SS .You see,I don't have problems with you guys becoming a president,but the chestbeating residing in you is my problem,you don't chestbeat in every occurrence.

Yoruba,your perceived enemy,buut your real enemy is the North that will never vote you guys , but due to your cowardice nature,you will rather continue shouting Yoruba is your enemy.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by BSdetector: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Zulum wants to use the easterners head to break coconut.....most northerners won't vote an Igbo man for president...lol, it's most likely that the presidency will come to the SW come 2023, however with low oil prices and Nigeria in deep debt, insecurity and a comatose economy at this point we're all fvcked either the presidency goes to a westerner or easterner. Who ever will become president will spend the first years cleaning up the shit buhari left behind, would inherit a boko haram crisis, would spend time trying to please the northern cabal and fighting off criticism and opposition burn out of envy from other regions, plus I can tell you that such president wouldn't be able to do much for his region like buhari did as he wouldn't want to seem nepotistic plus consider that we're already broke and sinking in debt. It's not popular opinion but am less concerned if an Igbo man happens to become president cus the outcome would must likely be the same:- nothing tangible for his people or a similar repeat of 1966. Yoruba leaders may need to take a break from Abuja and look inwards, we need to put our house in order. One needs to ask if a Yoruba president will be profitable to the region cus the optics seem negative.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by shosky1794: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
tutudesz:

Apart from 1999, I don't think there was anytime any major political party had zoned the presidency to any region of the country in the real sense of it. So I don't think the SE leaders can get their wish but I still think we should support them(SE region) in 2023 in the spirit of fairness.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by shosky1794: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
BSdetector:
Zulum wants to use the easterners head to break coconut.....most northerners won't vote an Igbo man for president...lol, it's most likely that the presidency will come to the SW come 2023, however with low oil prices and Nigeria in deep debt, insecurity and a comatose economy at this point we're all fvcked either the presidency goes to a westerner or easterner. Who ever will become president will spend the first years cleaning up the shit buhari left behind, would inherit a boko haram crisis, would spend time trying to please the northern cabal and fighting off criticism and opposition burn out of envy from other regions, plus I can tell you that such president wouldn't be able to do much for his region like buhari did as he wouldn't want to seem nepotistic plus consider that we're already broke and sinking in debt. It's not popular opinion but am less concerned if an Igbo man happens to become president cus the outcome would must likely be the same:- nothing tangible for his people or a similar repeat of 1966. Yoruba leaders may need to take a break from Abuja and look inwards, we need to put our house in order. One needs to ask if a Yoruba president will be profitable to the region cus the optics seem negative.

We Yoruba would be selfish to demand for the presidency in 2023. What more can we ask for after being President and VP for 16 years in 24 years
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by tutudesz: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
shosky1794:

Apart from 1999, I don't think there was anytime any major political party had zoned the presidency to any region of the country in the real sense of it. So I don't think the SE leaders can get their wish but I still think we should support them(SE region) in 2023 in the spirit of fairness.
Yeah after SE, North Central should be next
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Deepthoughts: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
bluecircle470:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-power-should-shift-to-south-in-2023-zulum/%3famp=1
People like zulum are only playing to the gallery,if zulum truly believe in equity n fairness then he should be bold to categorically state that the presidency should go to the SE in 2023, any pronouncement short of that is mere pretence.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by Deepthoughts: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
SUPOL:
Okay, mention one southeastern politician who you think can handle this country. I had rochas in mind but that one be like say Na only mouth e get. His scorecard in imo state is very low. Let’s take ZULUM as VP.
what of Peter obi, senator Abaribe, senator Ekweremadu ,Hon Ihedioha etc.
Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by adekolaelect(m): 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
enyi1:
If there's anything like rotation between North and South, there should also be a rotation within North and within south. SW have already had there turn but still clinging on rotational presidency. If there will be any rotation, there's nothing like South, rather SE or SS. Anything short we burn the bridge and power returns back to North. I'm sure we all witnessed June 12 and I'm sure North will be more than willing to negotiate with SE/SS to retain power so let's all respect ourselves
simple instruction you can not follow .you have to mingle and negotiate power sift with people not mere whishes or threat can bring out presidency for you. Can you tell us where or when SE or SS determined who became the president of Nigeria since 1999? .

Re: Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 by danilmo: 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
Deepthoughts:
People like zulum are only playing to the gallery,if zulum truly believe in equity n fairness then he should be bold to categorically state that the presidency should go to the SE in 2023, any pronouncement short of that is mere pretence.

he is telling u guys the indirect truth that power is negotiated and not dashed, having the feeling that u can b dashed is the reason why u insult other tribe across d nation in slight opportunity, u think u guys are the only tribe that is feeling misrule of PMB?? just to chill na no no for una, today ur people are now begging to b dashed..dont worry wen Tinubu/his anointed son match for the ticket on primary u guys should protest and go to court say una no gree.

funny tribe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Poor Performance Of APC Giving PDP Hope Of Return In 2019 – Lar / Cattle Ranching: Nigeria Should Learn From Ghana – MURIC / Senate Passes Anti-Sexual Harassment Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.