Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,379 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts (16348 Views)

FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive / SERAP Sues FG Over Move To Borrow ₦895 Billion From Nigerians’ Dormant Accounts / Disquiet As Lagos VIS Head Is Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Tomilola360: 8:29am On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:

Femi Adesina should be able to answer all your questions

cheesy don't waste our time. that guy is so dumb to offer any explanation. when he speaks all I see is air coming out
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Bisayoabiodun(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2021
They want to borrow from hardworking peeps account but have stashed millions and billions abroad and within yet they aren't ready to borrow those ones but still wanna add more. SMH to our leaders, so so WICKED. They should borrow from their billions and sell properties their tenth generation can't enjoy FINISH.

4 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by matrixme(m): 8:32am On Jan 17, 2021
This reverse Robin Hood policy that the evil administration wants to foist upon us wouldn't end well. Many Nigerians are languishing in poverty when they don't know that their late next of kin has some huge unclaimed dividends somewhere. They are supposed to publish list of owners with their state then if the money is untouched after 6 months, the government can have it.

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Mayflowa(m): 8:36am On Jan 17, 2021
ArmaniUhuru:
850 billions?

Now what’s the difference between this government and hushpuppi?

What about people that are outside the country and Thor accounts are dormant?

Shey Government go con collect their savings ni?

Thievesssssssss

The policy stated that any body that show up will be paid with interest even. They believe many of the people will never show up
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by kunleham(m): 8:49am On Jan 17, 2021
kayjay69:
The only thing the Federal Government of Nigeria is left to do is basically arm rob it's own citizens.

Oh wait, they literally have all government agencies doing that already.

Restructure or this: the choice is pretty simple.
What then do you call all these mind boggling corruption cases if not daylight Robbery. What I expected you to say is that government security agencies are not carrying arms to rob citizens on behalf of the government even though cases of police officers taking money by force are abound!

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by richmanrichard: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Buhari dont give shit about the south, he just want to wreck south.for those that wud quote me, ask urself how many northerners has share? south wud b affected more especially yoruba. i ve unclaimed dividends too .sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by richmanrichard: 9:03am On Jan 17, 2021
Mayflowa:

The policy stated that any body that show up will be paid with interest even. They believe many of the people will never show up
y are you so daft? getting that money back wud b like winning a court case against d fedral government.

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Seyzcham91(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2021
grin grin
capatainrambo:
I have money in my first bank havnt touched it close to 13 yrs now.

If first bank give fg my money they will pay me back undecided
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Csami(m): 9:52am On Jan 17, 2021
The Russian Mafia

The Chinese Triad

The Japanese Yakuza

The Italian Mafia

The Mexican Cartel

Wait for it.......

The Nigerian Government!
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by princessConfy(f): 10:02am On Jan 17, 2021
post=98143007:
Questions arising from this dormant account brouhaha.

Who is representing the interest of the investors whose dividends will be borrowed?
What are the terms and conditions of the borrowing and who negotiated them?
How will the borrower pay back principal and interest?

Remember that some may have dormant accounts resulting from being sent out for a period on official assignments or have travelled for studies, etc.
They return to the country to discover that their entire savings have been cleared via ‘FGN borrowing from dormant accounts.’
What will such persons do to continue their lives?

These are some of the questions we need answers to before this can move on.
We need all the transparency in this transactions.
This is the CHANGE we voted for, no more business as usual,
knowing that the evil and looting party would have just carry on through the backdoor stealing citizens money and looting it to their account without minding whose ox is gored.

On a lighter note,
$850 BILLION Naira wey some people no dey use again.... some for many many years?!
Money dey where e dey for dis country abeg!

I did not vote for this change. by the way throughout the 16yrs of PDP looting and misrule have they stolen directly from the citizens just as APC the loving and most transparent govt is doing
most times we should be truthful to ourselves. Nigeria belongs to all of us and we should strive to make it even more better than we met it. Buhari is failing woefully but people like you will cheer him on until we are all ruined.
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by frog12: 10:13am On Jan 17, 2021
in NIGERIA, DONT trust POLITICIANS with people's MONEY. these MONEY have a way of find itself in one EMIR'S BANK ACCOUNT.

they should not ALLOW THIS.

in NIGERIA, DONT trust POLITICIANS with people's MONEY. these MONEY have a way of find itself in one EMIR'S BANK ACCOUNT.

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by frog12: 10:16am On Jan 17, 2021

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Rupertek: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2021
This government. They have shared up the nation's resources among themselves, and their people, some, in the name of school feeding program. Now they want to descend to stealling the citizen's personal savings.
After this, probably, they will start auctioning the people to fund next year's budget and debt repairment. What happened to the billions they have borrowed?
We are in perilous times. God will save us from this clueless and corrupt Government
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by frog12: 10:23am On Jan 17, 2021
how MANY looters have they JAILED so far? even MAINA that stole BILLIONS managed to escape.

the GOVERNMENT should not come close to PEOPLE'S MONEY! this is bad!

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by dikeigbo2(m): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2021
useless and heartlless system that keeps impoverishing the people...........
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:
Only if FG would be transparent on how to spend the money.

Still better for FG to get the loan from the dormant accounts than allowing those crooked bankers to be using it anyhow.

Federal government has not paid money borrowed from other countries and you think they will pay the one borrowed from the citizens they don't care about. So People that kept money in the bank and traveled abroad frlor one thing of the other will come back to an empty account? This will be the best time to burn down any bank that lends someone's money to federal government.
Did government know they will safefor rainy days too. If their citizens that they frustrate so much we able to save money in the bank, why can't government save money too. With all the money they make everyday.
This is something any normal human being should kick against whether the government will use the money judiciously or not is not the question.

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Redcrafton: 10:34am On Jan 17, 2021
post=98143007:
Questions arising from this dormant account brouhaha.

Who is representing the interest of the investors whose dividends will be borrowed?
What are the terms and conditions of the borrowing and who negotiated them?
How will the borrower pay back principal and interest?

Remember that some may have dormant accounts resulting from being sent out for a period on official assignments or have travelled for studies, etc.
They return to the country to discover that their entire savings have been cleared via ‘FGN borrowing from dormant accounts.’
What will such persons do to continue their lives?

These are some of the questions we need answers to before this can move on.
We need all the transparency in this transactions.
This is the CHANGE we voted for, no more business as usual,
knowing that the evil and looting party would have just carry on through the backdoor stealing citizens money and looting it to their account without minding whose ox is gored.

On a lighter note,
$850 BILLION Naira wey some people no dey use again.... some for many many years?!
Money dey where e dey for dis country abeg!

Some of you northerners are very wicked.

You know very well that the government will use that money as part in building or servicing the Kano-Maradi rail system, while the SE and SS region that have more than 50% of the unclaimed dividend will receive no development.

This is why I don't support the FG taking the money.

The FG have already gotten their COT and taxes on those dividends already.

Instead states where those investors come from should be encouraged to get those funds for their local development.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by anungangampu: 10:44am On Jan 17, 2021
Mikehot:
Put money for house buhari bandits would come and rob it.

Put it in the bank buhari himself would go and rob it.

All kind of tarrifs have been placed to deposit, transfer and cash out yet it's not enough for them

Electricity prepaid cards have gone up (it doesn't last again)

Data has gone up (it doesn't last again)

Transportation fares have gone up

Rice has gone up

Fuel has gone up

Universities just coming from months strike (no certainty on what next )

Cable Subscription has gone up

Dollar rate against naira has gone up

All these tarrifs and yet excessive borrowing and nothing to show for it

Boko Haram, Bandits, Fulani Herdsmen are on an all time high

Government Nepotism at an all time high

People can't go to the farm for fear of Herdsmen

People can't travel useless roads for fear of getting kidnapped by bandits

Yet some are still supporting this government like they are not affected, you speak they shit blame on government behalf

The elites that approved this man have all kept mute

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by anungangampu: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2021
richmanrichard:
Buhari dont give shit about the south, he just want to wreck south.for those that wud quote me, ask urself how many northerners has share? south wud b affected more especially yoruba. i ve unclaimed dividends too .sai baba
Very true.. It's going to be south loss either way
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Freemasonry: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2021
Buhari is gradually turning into a despot with an insatiable lust for thievery.
This useless and senseless policy must be resisted by all well-meaning Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by meeky007(m): 11:04am On Jan 17, 2021
capatainrambo:

pls loan it to me i will pay u back.
Let's talk
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by bareal(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:

Femi Adesina should be able to answer all your questions

With his usual lies? You are wicked, now I know!
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by mnwogu(m): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2021
[quote author=helinues post=98142007]Only if FG would be transparent on how to spend the money.

Still better for FG to get the loan from the dormant accounts than allowing those crooked bankers to be using it anyhow.

The one they borrowed before now, how well were they utilised?
Who told u the banks make use of dormant balances?
U need to be schooled.
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by mnwogu(m): 11:20am On Jan 17, 2021
capatainrambo:

Pally plse go and reactivate that account unless u are ready to take FG to court and not the bank when it all starts.
Re: Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts by Officialcrazy: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2021
I say make I here from U guys.

Wetin ona reason for this talk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimaroke Nnamani Working For Us - APC Campaign Council / Herdsmen Kill Bala Madaki And His Nephew In Kaduna / Tony Anenih Rumoured To Be Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.