Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35654 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2007
LOL

Guy u funny
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2007
Imagine say person drown for this ultimate search just becos of N5.M. Thank god Say i no go lagos again, oooooo
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by femionasan(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2007
Nigerians always looking for who to blame. Does anyone have the true facts of wot happened? Even when it was announced an autopsy had not been performed on his body.  Anyway may his soul rest in peace. Its quite sad that he was an only child and his father is late. His mother was even on admission in a hospital when this happened. As at this evening she was not aware of his death.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kellorah: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2007
Maybe he had a heart attack or something. We just have to wait for the results.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by femionasan(m): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2007
@kellorah

funny enough the information i got is that its likely he had a heart attack, a few of the contestants even said he was extraordinarily hyper prior to the incident which means he might have been taking stimulants. These are still speculations. I am pretty sure a statement will be made about it soon.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by archbishop(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2007
Helllo Nairalanders,

Please take heart , for God knows best.
May his soul rest in PEACE.
Thank Jah Still.

sad sad sad
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2007
hmm

TV! people are dying everyday, all over naija and no one other than their families mourns them!

lets not decieve ourselves that it is 'condition' that makes people participate in reality shows.all the shows out there in the west(which we are imitating) fear factor, the apprentice, big brother ,idol, survivor etc, do the people there look desperatly poor? outside of that small obnoxious girl in the previous ultimate search, did any one else seem particularly poor/struggling?

Too many of us are being sucked into the hype of reality TV, the promise of instant celebrity, a years pay for a few weeks work, the much overrated 15 minutes of fame.

I hope when the next reality show comes around y'all think about this. there are better ways to achieve our ambitions.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by tommyex(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2007
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
BUT WHERE WERE THE CAMERAS WHEN THIS HAPPENED.
I JUST CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS SUPERSTORY
PLS HAVE THEY STOPPED THE STUPID PROGRAM RIGHT NOW.
I NEVER LIKED IT FROM THE SCRATCH
ITS SO DUBIOUS,N JUST A STUPID HOME VIDEO]
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by lotanna(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2007
@ benit

are u in phc? love to meet phc nairalanders. 08055432857( dats my number if u dont mind ooooo)
if u cant call , u can flash thanks grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by rowlandwhy: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2007
lotanna:

@ benit

are u in phc? love to meet phc Nairaland users. 08055432857( that is my number if u don't mind ooooo)
if u can't call , u can flash thanks grin
i live in PH too. my email is 08063448853
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by femionasan(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2007
The show was actually being filmed when the incident occurred. They always shoot like a week ahead so they have enough time to edit and all that. Filming has stopped.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mariam4me: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace. amen
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mariam4me: 9:46am On Aug 08, 2007
may his soul test in peace. amen
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2007
Well guys am Ichi Justice by name and am frm Benue state.Actually lets not blame the GUS IV of a thing for the incident.It might have been sometin else.who knows.But though i culdnt scale thru the screening at enugu, this wuldnt make me get scared of participating next year.But how ever my friends and i will still try our best next year.
May the almighty God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss (Amen)
my email is ichijustice4real@yahoo.com 08072162113
c ya all
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2007
Anthony Ogadje, 25 a ,young man, in his prime dies, now how real can reality get. Gulder Ultimate Search
People keep asking, where was every one when this young man was drowning? Well if you are a swimmer, you will know one thing, it takes very good skills as a swimmer to save a man drowning, and if you have seen the young man in question he is quite muscular, saving him might have gotten his rescuer drowned too, if such a person is not an expert swimmer, so the questions I Put to Nigeria Brewery Plc, is this, where they qualified life guards on site? If yes what did he or they do?

I believe before the Young man went into the water maybe he could swim, even a swimmer can drown, he might have had a muscle pull, severe cramps or some other attack ,also learning to swim in still waters like a swimming pool and then swimming in a water with current is a different thing, one cant really say how this very unfortunate incident happened

Nigeria is a country where, just because the law is just the law and nothing else, Cooperate Bodies and organizations, like Nigeria breweries, “Rape” the citizenry.This is just my own sentiments and its not because of this unfortunate incident,  I believe  the alcohol  brewing companies  in Nigeria especially Nigeria breweries,  are the Most inhuman organization, all they care about is Profit and more profit, while getting Nigeria high on beer.

The Gulder ultimate search was not about showing how strong and daring Nigerian youths are, it’s all about NB, eating deep and gaining even more grip on the minds of every young Nigerian, its simple gimmick to have us sleep, eat, and think Gulder. See the adverts on TV, heavily built Gulder drinking men, jump off a chopper on an Oil platform and save the day, by putting out a blow out and the resulting fire. If its Star lager beer,  a bunch of young guys and girls , end up having a party in the middle of nowhere after one of them, as he puts it “am out of fuel”.

I happened to see a picture of the crowd that came for the screening for the Gulder Ultimate search and the sight is just another sad reminder of the fact that Joblessness is at an all time High in Nigeria,  the truth be told the same people that NB plc, wont Hire just because they are not qualified enough to work for them, are the very same people they Put in front of the TV screen and call heroes in an ultimate search for What?, I don’t Know. If you doubt this assertion, let them show us how many ex-ultimate search veterans are now staffs of Nigeria breweries

Reality TV, the craze in Nigeria Now, and it is was just a matter of time before the Nigeria factor kicked in, and it just did in a rather unfortunate way. My heart and condolence goes to the family that has lost a young man.

The question is who or what body is ment to regulate such shows, to see that the contestants are not just being used for pure publicity and advertising stunts, and at the end of the day lose out.

How come all the alcoholic brewing companies operator like they have no regulations guiding advertising of their products or show they put on TV. Nigerian Breweries, which is majority-owned by the Dutch giant Heineken's, I bet this show will run with a lot more preparations, funds and regulations if it was in the Netherlands

Nigeria is in dire need of a private sector that will be actively involved in helping government with certain social and environmental responsibilities, ( renovating schools, waste disposal units, traffics and road signs etc, PLEASE enough of these reality shows, enough of the TV and radio jingles.

5 million naira ($39,000) in cash, a four-wheel drive jeep and another 500,000 naira to buy clothes and that makes you a hero, that’s one hell of a hero if you ask me.

I wait to see what will become of this case, will it be the turning point for NB and its like that all they think about is profiting , or will the public out cry make the government and relevant authorities put some tighter controls on these so called Reality TV show, and promotions, only God knows
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 10:46am On Aug 08, 2007
The Ultimate Challenge
for the Ultimate warriors.

Gulder, the ULTIMATE!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by v24m(f): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2007
@ wills
way to go bro you hit the nail right on the head i actually encouraged my younger brother to go for it when he was invited and to think he came all the way from Akure embarassed what if something had happened to him on his way to lagos for one stupid screening. He just saw the crowd and lost total interest look am very happy now that he didnt participate.
My question is are we really going to be told the truth of what actually happened because these big companies tend to want to save their back in cases like this and belive me they will probably bribe everyone that was a witness. So until we know the truth this is just another tragedy we have to deal with that would always have a question mark?
how?
when?
who?
M ay his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2007
Nairalanders

Please help me pray for my darling friend Lauretta Chioke who made the final ten.
May God continue to guide and protect her until she wins the grand prize.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by holythug(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2007
amin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mekaboy(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2007
WELL I GUESS THEY HAVE FOUND WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR IN THE ULTIMATE SEARCH.  WHY MUST THEY PUT PEOPLE THROUGH SO MUCH DIFFICULTY FOR MONEY? IF GULDER HAS A LOT OF MONEY TO GIVE AWAY, WHY DONT THEY INVEST IN SCHOLARSHIPS? IF THEY GIVE 10 PEOPLE 500,000 EACH FOR SCHOLARSHIP  I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER.

OF GIVE 50K EACH IN WINNING FREE DRINKS, WHY MUST THEY PUT PEOPLE THROUGH THAT?

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ejunkie(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
It's quite a pity really, the loss of the young man. But we all know how coporations never really take up the social responsiility creed.

Most certainly NB will try to cover up the whole mess, bribe a few pple to keep shut, point fingers at some hapless employee (whom they figured he's time was up anyway), fork a few millions to the bereaved's family, pacify shareholders to not dump their shares, and eventually keep their annual cash machine on it's due course.

Hmm, such a pity, nows thats reality for U
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by lanresco15(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
I have not been able to watch the tv to know abt all because i am in Covenant Uni but i think He was stupid to have gone for the competition afterall he must have been specifically told about swimming experience
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Alos: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2007
My dear Wills.I read ur piece and wonder what part of this planet u live in.Do u work?cuz if u do,and especially in a place like lagos,then you would know that surviving day-in day-out in itself is a very big risk.At this stage i can only say that proper investigations be carried out to ascertain the cause of death, and if  necessary safety measures were put in place by NB,if not then they should bear the consequences.

Back to my point,making a living is a very big RISK,do u know what it means to leave ur home at 5am every working day?well, ask lagosians, and then for how much?not to mention having ur car break down on the third mainland bridge at night.have u eva been in a "molue"My dear i never heard a company pay for the result of such encounters.

Do u know how many people competed and lost to get on the Search?well,they carried their bags and went home.

The young man in question had his eyes on a whooping 5million + a brand new car etc for a 3 weeks challenge,i bet u,he considered the RISK, but he knew the difference winning or simply participating will make.if u doubt this,ask Timi the Idol. i dont work for NB,I dont have friends or family who work there either so dont think i'm being sentimental.

The simple truth is that this is a REALITY SHOW and in real life people die my brother,so let us Mourn and move on.This is Life.

Anybody that has lost 'Liver' should go home,

Abeg who knows when the TV show will resume,we are waiting,
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mariam4me: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
shocked may soul rest in peace. amen
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mariam4me: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
 shocked may soul rest in peace. amen
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2007
Alos:

My dear Wills.I read your piece and wonder what part of this planet u live in.Do u work?because if u do,and especially in a place like lagos,then you would know that surviving day-in day-out in itself is a very big risk.At this stage i can only say that proper investigations be carried out to ascertain the cause of death, and if necessary safety measures were put in place by NB,if not then they should bear the consequences.

Back to my point,making a living is a very big RISK,do u know what it means to leave your home at 5am every working day?well, ask lagosians, and then for how much?not to mention having your car break down on the third mainland bridge at night.have u eva been in a "molue"My dear i never heard a company pay for the result of such encounters.

Do u know how many people competed and lost to get on the Search?well,they carried their bags and went home.

The young man in question had his eyes on a whooping 5million + a brand new car etc for a 3 weeks challenge,i bet u,he considered the RISK, but he knew the difference winning or simply participating will make.if u doubt this,ask Timi the Idol. i don't work for NB,I don't have friends or family who work there either so don't think i'm being sentimental.

The simple truth is that this is a REALITY SHOW and in real life people die my brother,so let us Mourn and move on.This is Life.

My dear Alos, I live in a part of the planet called africa, Nigeria to be specific and if you must know, i work and have lived in not one, not two but 4 major cities in nigeria and i know all about surviving. Even as i write this, i know people die , take for example in a city like PH where some selfstlyed man looking like rambo take to the streets in a lawless manner fighting each other for cult supremacy and end up killing innocent people, so yes i know people can die, but thats not the issue here, it goes more than just the death of this young fellow.
My point is that NB is very much unpatrotic in its dealings as a co-oprate citizen.
Its taking the death of this young man to bring it to the fore.

Alos:

My young man, i think this is rather a harsh statement, show some empathy,even people in iraq that see death everyday have not taken into Despondency and by the way,while you watching the show,when ever it resume just have it in mind that it took one life to get this far this time around.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
• I don’t think its fair to blame Nigerian Breweries. Hey! The boy may have been destined for death, on that day, maybe its just unfortunate that he was on the show, saying they should pay through their nose is being unnecessarily sentimental, at least no body forced him to go for the show, death can occur anywhere, after graduation one of our first class students died on his way back to Lag, do you blame the school for organizing a graduation ceremony, or his employers for giving him a job?? Pls lets not be ridiculous here, there is risk in even sleeping on your bed at home. Anything can happen, and for those questioning the basis of the show its for entertainment purposes, if the guy won the story would have been different.
Anyways I pray God gives the parents the fortitude 2 bear the loss, I  pray God strengthens them and consoles them in his own way. RIP
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ Alos

Maybe because you don't know any of this contestants personally. For some of us who have got friends in contention we have our hearts in our hand. yes, it is a reality show, what about the sanctity of the human life? Must we slaughter humanity on the alter of an unnecessary show?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2007
@fynewaka did any one force anyone to enter for the show
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2007
No one is forced to watch either, my take is if you feel its unnecessary don’t watch, don’t participate, for those that want to participate weigh the two sides of the coin for peeps like me that don’t mind entertainment ride on Gulder
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2007
I don’t think its fair to blame Nigerian Breweries.

Who then should be blamed? Maybe I should take responsibility for their carelessness. What were the safety measures on ground before the expedition?

Hey! The boy may have been destined for death, on that day, maybe its just unfortunate that he was on the show, saying they should pay through their nose is being unnecessarily sentimental, at least no body forced him to go for the show, death can occur anywhere, after graduation one of our first class students died on his way back to Lag, do you blame the school for organizing a graduation ceremony, or his employers for giving him a job??

You are painting a very different scenario here. Saying the truth does not portray one as being sentimental. Infact, you need to be briefed that this boys father is late and presently his mother is hospitalized. As at this morning she has not been informed of her son's death. So why would NB not pay, if they could cough out cash in excess of 30 million naira to settle the infamous 50 cent/idris face off. What happens now that a life is lost?

Please lets not be ridiculous here, there is risk in even sleeping on your bed at home. Anything can happen, and for those questioning the basis of the show its for entertainment purposes, if the guy won the story would have been different.
Anyways I pray God gives the parents the fortitude 2 bear the loss, I  pray God strengthens them and consoles them in his own way. RIP

I agree there is considerable amount of risk in our everyday lives, but you have to convince me that this boy would still have died in his own. Entertainment must not claim lives, that's the point!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
@uchetobi

For a woman you sound ,very unlike the meaning of that word Uche, which i believe in the Ibo context has to do with the mind and conscience  having a sense of right and wrong.

My sister no be so ohhhhhhh!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

BBNaija: Mercy Feeds Ike With His Food (photo) / Thin Tall Tony Denies His Daughter, Ella, Calls Her His ‘Niece’ / Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 2 Voting Results & Percentages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.