Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,314 members, 7,846,391 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead (1691 Views)

Jubril Martins-Kuye Was A Highly Observant Leader Of Leaders - Segun Showunmi / Adebutu Mourns Over Demise Of Ex-minister, Martins-kuye / Jubril Martins Kuye Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Weneda(m): 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Daud Olatunji , Abeokuta
A former Minister of State for Finance and Minister of Commerce and Industry , Senator Jubril Martins-Kuye , has died .
One of his children, Bolaji, confirmed this to The PUNCH on Sunday .
He said, “ I can confirm to you that he passed on about 10 : 05 this morning . It was a painful loss to us, but, we give glory to God for the impactful life that he lived while he was alive because he touched the lives of many people .
“ He died in his residence at Victoria Garden City , Lagos .
“ We are about to convey his remains to his home town where he would be hopefully interred by 4 pm , according to Islamic rites. ”
The Ago -Iwoye born politician was appointed as Minister of Commerce and Industry on April 6 , 2010 , when Acting President Goodluck Jonathan announced his cabinet.
The late Martins- Kuye was born on August 1942 in Ago Iwoye , Ijebu constituency of Ogun State . He studied sociology at the University of Ibadan ( 1965 -1968 ) and then Economics at the Harvard University Business School , graduating in 1983 . He gained qualifications as a Chartered Accountant .
Martins- Kuye was a senator in the Nigerian Third Republic .
Martins- Kuye became a member of the United Nigeria Congress Party towards the end of the Sani Abacha regime . He was a candidate on the Peoples Democratic Party platform for governor of Ogun State in 1999 .
He was appointed Minister of State for Finance in June 1999 during the first term of President Olusegun Obasanjo , serving until June 2003 . In July 2002 , as Minister of Finance , he announced that Nigeria’ s GDP had grown by 4 per cent annually by the World Bank ’s estimate , the highest rate for ten years
https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-minister-martins-kuye-is-dead/
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by MickzyDonald: 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
For dust are we and unto dust we shall return... RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by ignis: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Every living soul must sure taste death irrespective of status and position
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by nairalander2020(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]People just the die
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by MEGA4BILLION(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Let him go and rest from the wicked world
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by yinkus6750(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
One of the responsible citizen of
Ogun State is gone.
Astute politician, businessman and philanthropist.
He has finished his race and played his part, may his soul R I P
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Jesse6(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rest well
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by ADEMALAIKA2: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
May his soul rest in peace . I remember when he went into a banking hall himself at keystone bank ,ajah to send me #10,000 back then in 2011 ...I was an undergraduate then...

I am proud of you sir and rest in perfect peace sir

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Dpharisee: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nawao, 2021 never start and bad news don dey plenty shocked

RIP Sir
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Harrykn: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
Bye
sir till we meet again.
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Oizee(f): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
almost 80, RIP Sir....u tried
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by SadiqBabaSani: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rip to him
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by adadike(f): 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
I heard he is a good man and a philanthropist. Rest well sir
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by ObiOfOnistha: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Inna lilahi wahilahi rojiun
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
I used to see him sit on a public bench at the VGC, just enjoying the evening breeze. In Nigeria, you would hardly see a two times ex-minister and a senator being that security-less; he was indeed, at least, an outwardly simple man. RIP!

ADEMALAIKA2:
May his soul rest in peace . I remember when he went into a banking hall himself at keystone bank ,ajah to send me #10,000 back then in 2011 ...I was an undergraduate then...

I am proud of you sir and rest in perfect peace sir

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by fourboys: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
rip champ
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by johnkey: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
death to all nigerian politicians and their supporters
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by ADEMALAIKA2: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
ShouldIsayit:
I used to see him sit on a public bench at the VGC, just enjoying the evening breeze. In Nigeria, you would hardly see a two times ex-minister and a senator being that security-less; he was indeed, at least, an outwardly simple man. RIP!

He is just so humble ..I still have his no and countless time ,I called him and he picked without PA picking his calls..the whole Ago Iwoye indigenes will miss him
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Xzellentgraphic: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sp sad
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
May God rest his soul and comfort the bereaved family.
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by juman(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
The generation that failed nigeria.
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by chozzy: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
R. I. P
Re: BREAKING: Ex-minister, Martins-kuye, Is Dead by omowolewa: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Kuye, RIP

(1) (Reply)

Throwback:Gani Fawehinmi Claims Was Attacked By Tinubu Thugs Over Forgery Case / BREAKING: Soldiers, Police Attack Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Ifeanyi Ejiofor In Anambr / Moments; Namdi Kanu Confront Prison Officials (pics and videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.