Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12293 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by valerie011: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2011
This thread is opened to discus some of the sins the presidential candidates have committed and why we should not vote for them. if you have any, kindly post and explain what sins each of the candidates has committed and why they should not be voted for.

For me:
why I will not vote for Buhari but Goodluck

'' The supporters of Buhari should tell Nigerians how many megawatts of electricity he added to the National grid during his 2yrs dictatorship. It is on record that No single megawatt of electricity was added to national grid from 1979 till 1999. How many kilometers of road did he construct in the south vis-a-vis the north when he was PTF chairman? Buhari truncated democracy in 1983,initiating a high handed disciplinarian govt,which he was not man enough to sustain,thereby leading to coups and counter coups,causing us to waste 16yrs of our lives wandering in wilderness under dictators. While millions of Nigerians were in pains it was convenient for Buhari to romance with Abacha as PTF chairman. Perhaps we would have been celebrating 32yrs of democracy if he had allowed the checks and balances in democracy to gradually clean the system. It is even more shameful that 32yrs after ruling this country he could still aspire to rule again. This is an indictment on the youths of this generation. All the youths posting comments in support of his candidature should bow in SHAME. It is on record that the PDP inherited 1500 megawatts in 1999 but this has now shot up to 3800 megawatts with many other power plants in various stages of completion. I was a strong critic of the PDP until Jonathan came into power with exceptional humility,sincerity and well thought out plans to solve pressing problems. He demonstrated enormous goodwill in reforming INEC to a status we are all proud of 2day. The lingering fuel scarcity immediately disappeared,our refineries are back to work,etc My appeal is for us to access these candidates dispassionately and vote wisely.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by onyengbu: 9:59am On Apr 02, 2011
Man u said it like it is.

You forgot to add that after shamelessly dining with Abacha, Buhari arrogantly REFUSED to appear b4 oputa panel and then as if to add salt to that injury came back in '08 to tell us that Abacha never stole from Nigeria!
Now to further prove it, he adopted Abacha's son as his party's kano gubernatorial candidate.
What a man!

GEJ will need to nuke a whole state to match the sins of this unrepentant tyrant.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by karlmax2: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2011
BB supporters would come and abuse and hala its smear campaign and BUHARI achieved more that obj and gej when u tell them to list buharis achievement u get the usual abuse that has been their slogan!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Ibime(m): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2011
Pure rubbish. This one is talking about PDP added X megawatts, while Buhari added no mehgawatts. Silly fool!

In 1983, NEPA no dey take light!

PDP added less than 2000 MW after spending more than $20bln.

Trust me Mr mugu, POWER is not an issue on which you should attempt to sell the PDP.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by karlmax2: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2011
@Ibime pls let see our magawatt from 1976 to when buhari took power and when he left if it was the same and while ur at it publish buharis achievements when he was head of state and while he was PTF chairman under ABACHA and let's compare it with objs and pdp,
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Ibime(m): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2011
Mr Man,

Power is a modern issue. In Buharis time, power was not an issue. Back then we even used to sell power to Niger Republic.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dayokanu(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2011
GEJ is a known MEND spokesman, financier and supporter of criminals like Teslim Folarin who was flown to Abuja in a Presidential jet
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Beaf: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
Ibime:

Mr Man,

Power is a modern issue. In Buharis time, power was not an issue. Back then we even used to sell power to Niger Republic.

Damn! shocked
. . .Just like planning? There were very serious blackouts in Buhari's time, but he was too busy enjoying sirens and airconditioned cars to notice.
Details do not bother a man like Buhari, he is a man that notices little; he never noticed the problems with NEPA (just as he never noticed IBB was overthrowing him).

Our power problems began in the military regimes led by murdering, opportunistic, short sighted, parasitic, barely-literate and daft buffoons and robbers in uniform. The likes of Buhari should be on a beach, getting shot for treason; instead, in our weird system the murderer is actually contesting for the highest office.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by hercules07: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
Beaf

Abeg we did not have blackouts during Buhari's time, it was from IBB's time that we started having those issues.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
This is the second time I am having to state this  . . .  Ignorance is not bliss @Poster
'' The supporters of Buhari should tell Nigerians how many megawatts of electricity he added to the National grid during his 2yrs dictatorship. It is on record that No single megawatt of electricity was added to national grid from 1979 till 1999.

* Power was not an issue back in 1983 -- Nigeria actually had steady power supply back during those days. There was however a global recession in 1982/1983 that Nigeria needed to recover from and so the Economy and Corruption were the more pressing issues back in those days. Nepa has a better record and bills were not inflated and all that nonsense that became the norm later on!

How many kilometers of road did he construct in the south vis-a-vis the north when he was PTF chairman? Buhari truncated democracy in 1983,initiating a high handed disciplinarian govt,which he was not man enough to sustain,thereby leading to coups and counter coups,causing us to waste 16yrs of our lives wandering in wilderness under dictators.

Measuring by south is ridiculous. . . . regardless of where the roads were built, I think the key is, that even your biggest soundman, @beaf, confessed that he did work on road projects that are still good and out there in the country.  lol

While millions of Nigerians were in pains it was convenient for Buhari to romance with Abacha as PTF chairman. Perhaps we would have been celebrating 32yrs of democracy if he had allowed the checks and balances in democracy to gradually clean the system.

But Buhari did not impose Abacha on us . . . matter of fact, he, like so many other people simply served under Government to get things happening, even with the situation. I mean I like that there is thing attempt to blame Buhari for Abacha's deeds, but if not for information being more widely available today most of you would not have known that Buhari was even handling the PTF project since it did not even get a lot of publicity back then. I would attempt to claim that less than 1% of Nigerians back then even knew that Buhari was involved.

It is even more shameful that 32yrs after ruling this country he could still aspire to rule again. This is an indictment on the youths of this generation. All the youths posting comments in support of his candidature should bow in SHAME.

Yes, it is an indictment but is it his fault that we do not consider many of the so-called youths capable of handling the job even today?

It is on record that the PDP inherited 1500 megawatts in 1999 but this has now shot up to 3800 megawatts with many other power plants in various stages of completion.

That the PDP inherited 1500 MW is no reason for why 12 years later, after spending, I believe over $10 Billion dollars, we have improved that by just 2300MW.  I mean you cannot make sense of that no matter how you try.

I was a strong critic of the PDP until Jonathan came into power with exceptional humility,sincerity and well thought out plans to solve pressing problems.
He demonstrated enormous goodwill in reforming INEC to a status we are all proud of 2day. The lingering fuel scarcity immediately disappeared,our refineries are back to work,etc My appeal is for us to access these candidates dispassionately and vote wisely.

I am still a strong critic of Jonathan because his own 12-year record in Government(PDP record aside) shows him incapable and shows a different picture from the one you attempt to paint of him as a humble, sincere etc.  For crying out loud, this man was worth $5 million dollars after his 8 years serving as Governor in Bayelsa state, yet he left NOTHING to his name in that state, in all those years.

Above all things, the man demonstrated that he is definitely not to be trusted with leadership -- ask the people of Bayelsa. He demonstrated, through his 8 year record that he is an incapable and unreliable leader at both state and National levels.  Making up stories of what we already know is just childish and signes of denial!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Beaf: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
hercules07:

Beaf

Abeg we did not have blackouts during Buhari's time, it was from IBB's time that we started having those issues.

No Nigerian, young or old can recall a time when Nigeria did not have blackouts. That is just a dream.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by honeric01(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^^

When actually did power become an issue in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
hercules07:

Beaf

Abeg, if na joke, stop am. I definitely recall recurrent blackouts in 1984. Na that time we begin shout "Up Nepa" anytime dem bring light.

Why do you guys try to rewrite history that we witnessed and lived through in a bid to sell your candidate. O, I know; you are following his example: "Abacha never stole".
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by honeric01(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

Abeg, if na joke, stop am. I definitely recall recurrent blackouts in 1984. Na that time we begin shout "Up Nepa" anytime dem bring light.

Why do you guys try to rewrite history that we witnessed and lived through in a bid to sell your candidate. O, I know; you are following his example: "Abacha never stole".

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked IBB brought up nepa to Nigeria, Bleep!!! una too dey lie, chai!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
^ "IBB brought up NEPA". How old exactly did you say you are? I repeat "history that we witnessed and lived through". No child is going to tell me that it happened otherwise to what I experienced.

The ECN and the Niger Dam Authority (NDA) were merged to become the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) with effect from the 1st of April 1972. The actual merger did not take place until the 6th of January 1973 when the first General Manager was appointed.

Tell me again that:
honeric01:

IBB brought up nepa to Nigeria

Lying children.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
There are records that show that we started witnessing the dip in Electricity production during the later IBB years.  I am sure a good google search or two will reveal something to you.
http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf

Or do you have records to show that the dip actually started prior to 1985? I also will not accept hearsay!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
^Produce the records. We will not accept hearsay.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by honeric01(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

^ "IBB brought up NEPA". How old exactly did you say you are? I repeat "history that we witnessed and lived through". No child is going to tell me that it happened otherwise to what I experienced.

Tell me again that:
Lying children.

LIAR!!!, you claimed it was Buhari that brought up nepa to Nigeria, you should be the one to prove that to us you lying demon.

One more thing, you must have been too old to remember these period, tell us how it all happened during Buhari's period. (electricity wise)
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by babytoun: 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There are records that show that we started witnessing the dip in Electricity production during the IBB years, rather than in increase. I am sure a good google search or two will reveal something to you.

Or do you have records to show that the dip actually started prior to 1985?

lies lies lies and again i say lies. Cant you guys learn to say th truth? I grew up knowing the "up nepa" phrase . The problem of Nepa has always being with us, but please can you check up what other countries are doing if they have to wait till problems gt really     unbearable before doing something.

Measuring by south is ridiculous. . . . regardless of where the roads were built, I think the key is, that even your biggest soundman, @beaf, confessed that he did work on road projects that are still good and out there in the country.  lol

I somehow suspect that some of you forget that buhari was managing a govt agency that needed to        cater for all, but was getting its income mainly from the south west. So what you are saying now is if by some misfortune we have him as our president the spread of projects dont matter, that he can do all major projects in kano and katsina provided those are states in nigeria.? i SUSPECT THIS YOUR REASONING EXPLAINS WHY BUHARI CAMPAIGNS ALMOST ONLY IN THE NORTH.

BUHARI IS GROSSLY UNFIT FOR THE JOB OF PRESIDENT
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
honeric01:

LIAR!!!, you claimed it was Buhari that brought up nepa to Nigeria, you should be the one to prove that to us you lying demon.
^^You are just being plain silly - you child. What did you get in NECO/WAEC English? Let me guess - you failed.

This is what I wrote.

aletheia:

On what planet can that be construed as:
honeric01:

. . .you claimed it was Buhari that brought up nepa to Nigeria, you should be the one to prove that to us you lying demon.

You were the one that made this untrue claim:
honeric01:

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked [size=14pt]IBB brought up nepa to Nigeria[/size], bleep!!! una too dey lie, chai!!!
Which I corrected thus:
The ECN and the Niger Dam Authority (NDA) were merged to become the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) with effect from the 1st of April 1972. The actual merger did not take place until the 6th of January 1973 when the first General Manager was appointed.
Or are you saying the history they taught you in that school where you got F9 in English is that IBB was Head of State in 1972/73.

honeric01:

One more thing, you must have been too old to remember these period, tell us how it all happened during Buhari's period. (electricity wise)

O, I'm definitely old enough but you should go and ask your parents or older siblings about what happened during the Buhari period.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
babytoun:

lies lies lies and again i say lies. Cant you guys learn to say th truth? I grew up knowing the "up nepa" phrase . The problem of Nepa has always being with us, but please can you check up what other countries are doing if they have to wait till problems gt really     unbearable before doing something.

Please compose yourself woman -- there is no need to get your unmentionables in  a wad! I am sorry but I disagree with you!!! However, that is no reason for you to call my assertions lies. You have to do more than that . . .  you actually have to SHOW your CASE -- You cannot bully me into accepting, your view, you know that right?

Again, get the context right . . . in 1983/84 ---- Nigeria's biggest issues were the economy(There was a global recession we NEEDED to recover from -- I am certain you know what that means), and corruption, which has by then become  a hindering factor. Electricity, not so much of a problem because we were actually not experiencing blackouts and all you have come to accept as the norm now, back then.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
hercules07:

That is definitely not right. Why do people try to rewrite history all the time? Just in case you do not know, back in the days, there were even greater problems than blackouts. In addition to blackouts, SEVERAL COMMUNITIES DID NOT EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY!!! Just in case you have been outside Nigeria since you were born, call and ask the elders when electricity first came to your village. A lot of communities first got power in the 21st century. Sometime in the early 90's someone from the village visited my house and did not know what a television (black and white) was! They did not have access to electricity until the mid 90's. Up till now, there are still some communities that have no access to electricity.

Availability per capita (in terms of overall population) has definitely improved but availability per consumer (with access) is what has not improved much simply because of explosion of demand and expansion of access. We have witnessed huge increase in the economic activities of the country and we are becoming more dependent on electricity. Back in the 80's most of us were still cooking with wood, using kerosene lamps, etc. I don't have exact figures but I can confidently say consumption per capita has more than trippled in the last 20 years inspite of population growth.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
babytoun:

I somehow suspect that some of you forget that buhari was managing a govt agency that needed to        cater for all, but was getting its income mainly from the south west. So what you are saying now is if by some misfortune we have him as our president the spread of projects dont matter, that he can do all major projects in kano and katsina provided those are states in nigeria.? i SUSPECT THIS YOUR REASONING EXPLAINS WHY BUHARI CAMPAIGNS ALMOST ONLY IN THE NORTH.

I suspect that GEJ is managing a whole country, How come he is only paying monthly salary to Terrorists from his side of the country?

Why is he not paying Boko Haram, OPC, Massob, Lagos Agbero and Jos Fulani thugs who are all commiting atrocities all over.

Why is he paying his kinsmen and not others?

GEJ a MEND spokesman is grossly unfit to be President
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by EvilBrain1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why I'm not voting for Jonathan

One major reason: He's a member of the PDP, the gang of corrupt liars and vote riggers that has brought our country to this sorry state. 12 years and nothing to show, legislators earning 10 times Obama's salary, the power problem, and so many other things that I can't list them all. The party of Anenih, Ibori, Igbinedion, Yerima, Chimaroke Nnamani, IBB, Atiku and Obasanjo will never get my vote.

Now I know that the PDP apologists keep saying that GEJ is different, that he's not like the other PDP crooks, that we should vote for personality not party and he can change PDP for the better. Except that he is like the other PDP crooks. He's been a senior PDP man for the past 12 years, longer than Obasanjo. He was the number 2 in the corrupt Alamco government in Bayelsa and continued to defend the man even after his arrest and "miraculous" escape from London. He was the number 2 man under Yar'Adua and never spoke out against the corruption in that government. And he's been the head of state for a year now and he's still running the country in the same corrupt PDP manner. If he's so different, how come all the known PDP thieves are backing him? If he was going to change anything, he would have done it by now. Unfortunately too many Nigerians are mugus who fall for the same job every 4 years. They said Yar'Adua was different too if you remember. If you swim with sharks, you are a shark. If you lie with pigs, you are a pig. There are no honest PDP politicians, you better stop deceiving yourselves.

Then there are the minor reasons like his uncontrolled spending (he's emptied the excess crude account in just 1 year). His huge, overbloated government that he keeps expanding. His incompetent handling of the independence bomb blasts and the Jos crisis. His disgraceful failure to act during the Yar'Adua illness crisis that brought him to power. The ridiculous number of aides his wife has who are all paid with public money in violation of the constitution. His decision to bribe and settle militants instead of tackling the root causes of the Niger Delta crisis. His harebrained plan to build an airport in every state.

I've said before that Nigerians have to establish the principle that when the leaders misbehave and make the people suffer, the people can punish them by kicking them out of office. No party has ever deserved to be kicked out more than the PDP. They are a bunch of unrepentant thieves and vote riggers and they have to go. I have serious concerns about Buhari as well but at least if he messes up he'll be easy to vote out in 2015. If the PDP is allowed to continue consolidating power, they'll weaken democratic structures so much that we'll be stuck with them forever. Or at least until another coup or Libya style mass action God forbid. We have to chose the lesser of 2 evils and even if Buhari had a tail and horns on his head, he'll still be better than another PDP presidency.

I hope you PDP supporters will read this and come to your senses. May God save Nigeria!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
babytoun:

Actually, you are wrong!!! According to PTF records, there were roads, housing projects, transportation companies etc built even in the South. That I mentioned the roads built in the north in no way suggests I believe that roads were only built in the North. Please do not inject your delusions into my post there. cheesy

That you are trying to make it a South vs North issue now is all yours, not mine. I am simply stating that the fact that we have evidence of PTF quality roads still existing today is signs that it actually did work compared to work done by governments that have come after it.

P/S . . . Buhari did not campaign almost only in the North. Please open your newspapers to learn the truth . . . . it probably will save your vote and maybe life. Also., we need to stop trying to play the north against the south and realize that the problems we have is NIGERIA-WIDE, not UNIQUE to any REGION or GROUP!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dayokanu(m): 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
In All Federal Universities in the South We had evidence of PTF works there either as school bus or in the laboratories
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There are records that show that we started witnessing the dip in Electricity production during the IBB years.  I am sure a good google search or two will reveal something to you.

I must applaud you woman. Your debating tactics can trip up the unwary and undiscerning. What you did was retreat from your initial indefensible position:
Kobojunkie:

Power was not an issue back in 1983 -- Nigeria actually had steady power supply back during those days.

When this position was challenged by those who actually witnessed and lived through that period:
Beaf:

No Nigerian, young or old can recall a time when Nigeria did not have blackouts. That is just a dream.

aletheia:

babytoun:

lies lies lies and again i say lies. Cant you guys learn to say th truth? I grew up knowing the "up nepa" phrase . The problem of Nepa has always being with us

You performed these manoeuvres designed to hoodwink us: The tactic of "appeal to authority" and re-editing your post:
This was your initial post:
Kobojunkie:

There are records that show that we started witnessing the dip in Electricity production during the IBB years.
Which I challenged thus:
aletheia:

^Produce the records. We will not accept hearsay.
After which you added the following:
Kobojunkie:

I am sure a good google search or two will reveal something to you.
Or do you have records to show that the dip actually started prior to 1985? I also will not accept hearsay!
For shame woman, can't you be more honest?! That you added words to your post is proven by the fact that your "I also will not accept hearsay!" makes no sense preceding my: "We will not accept hearsay."

You made an egregious claim which has been shown to be untrue. Your attempts at obfuscating the issue by trying to turn this into an argument about when production started dropping is irrelevant. History shows that electricity blackouts have always been a problem in Nigeria contrary to your wild claim that:
Kobojunkie:

Power was not an issue back in 1983 -- Nigeria actually had steady power supply back during those days.

P.S. Your link does not show any records to prove that the dip started prior to 1985. Unlike the average Nigerian, I read so I am not bamboozled or cowed when you wave documents in my face. smiley I read the pdf and there is nothing remotely on it that supports your premise. In fact table 1, can be used to make a very strong case that the PDP government has done relatively well in the power sector. Figure 1, which I suspect you will be tempted to advance as proof of your assertion that dips started post 1985 is actually a graph that shows the energy efficiencies (BTUs/$2000) of selected countries. And guess what? It shows that Nigeria is better than South Africa and on a par with Brazil in terms of energy efficiencies. And please do not confuse low growth rate with "dip in Electricity production".
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

I must applaud you woman. Your debating tactics can trip up the unwary and undiscerning. What you did was retreat from your initial indefensible position:
When this position was challenged by those who actually witnessed and lived through that period:
You performed these manoeuvres designed to hoodwink us: The tactic of "appeal to authority" and re-editing your post:
This was your initial post:Which I challenged thus:After which you added the following:For shame woman, can't you be more honest?! That you added words to your post is proven by the fact that your "I also will not accept hearsay!" makes no sense preceding my: "We will not accept hearsay."

There is really no need for you to go in circles here . . . . SHOW US SOME EVIDENCE OF YOUR CLAIM  . . . telling me to accept HEARSAY as FACT is ridiculous when you yourself admit  YOU WILL NOT ACCEPT HEAR SAY AS FACT.

aletheia:
You made an egregious claim which has been shown to be untrue. Your attempts at obfuscating the issue by trying to turn this into an argument about when production started dropping is irrelevant. History shows that electricity blackouts have always been a problem in Nigeria contrary to your wild claim that:
P.S. Your link does not show any records to prove that the dip started prior to 1985. Unlike the average Nigerian, I read so I am not bamboozled or cowed when you wave documents in my face. smiley I read the pdf and there is nothing remotely on it that supports your premise. In fact table 1, can be used to make a very strong case that the PDP government has done relatively well in the power sector. Figure 1, which I suspect you will be tempted to advance as proof of your assertion that dips started post 1985 is actually a graph that shows the energy efficiencies (BTUs/$2000) of selected countries. And guess what? It shows that Nigeria is better than South Africa and on a par with Brazil in terms of energy efficiencies. And please do not confuse low growth rate with "dip in Electricity production".

What history are you referring to? Again., please SHOW SOME EVIDENCE at least for the claims made.

Well, the link had nothing to do with 1984-85 -- it was simply the result of a simple google search showing there are records on Nigeria's power issues online, so there is no need for you to continue making assertions without some serious backup for those of us who want to learn.

As to your claim on table one --- Ofcourse one would expect that with over $10 billion dollars in investment, we should at least get something. Now to the praise, I would temper it --- we now know that we don't have generation capacities of even 4000MW as initially claimed, and we also know now that the total added in 12 years of power being of TOP PRIORITY (as claimed by each government since 1999) has only been 2300MW, and all 2300MW generation capacity developed by the Obasanjo administration.

But that is aside from the issue which is the claim that the blackouts started in the early 80's  . . . and we are still waiting for you to show proof of this.   Again, we need evidence not more hearsay!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
^*yawn*
. . .and I thought you actually had something important to say.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
You are the one with an agenda and hearsay will not cut it!

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by SSaemoenl(m): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
And who said Photo images lies? Check out!! Eat and attack me NO MORE grin

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Orikinla(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is the second time I am having to state this  . . .  Ignorance is not bliss @Poster
* Power was not an issue back in 1983 -- Nigeria actually had steady power supply back during those days. There was however a global recession in 1982/1983 that Nigeria needed to recover from and so the Economy and Corruption were the more pressing issues back in those days. Nepa has a better record and bills were not inflated and all that nonsense that became the norm later on!

Measuring by south is ridiculous. . . . regardless of where the roads were built, I think the key is, that even your biggest soundman, @beaf, confessed that he did work on road projects that are still good and out there in the country.  lol

But Buhari did not impose Abacha on us . . . matter of fact, he, like so many other people simply served under Government to get things happening, even with the situation. I mean I like that there is thing attempt to blame Buhari for Abacha's deeds, but if not for information being more widely available today most of you would not have known that Buhari was even handling the PTF project since it did not even get a lot of publicity back then. I would attempt to claim that less than 1% of Nigerians back then even knew that Buhari was involved.

Yes, it is an indictment but is it his fault that we do not consider many of the so-called youths capable of handling the job even today?

That the PDP inherited 1500 MW is no reason for why 12 years later, after spending, I believe over $10 Billion dollars, we have improved that by just 2300MW.  I mean you cannot make sense of that no matter how you try.

I am still a strong critic of Jonathan because his own 12-year record in Government(PDP record aside) shows him incapable and shows a different picture from the one you attempt to paint of him as a humble, sincere etc.  For crying out loud, this man was worth $5 million dollars after his 8 years serving as Governor in Bayelsa state, yet he left NOTHING to his name in that state, in all those years.

Above all things, the man demonstrated that he is definitely not to be trusted with leadership -- ask the people of Bayelsa. He demonstrated, through his 8 year record that he is an incapable and unreliable leader at both state and National levels.  Making up stories of what we already know is just childish and signes of denial!

Thank you.

The collapse of Nigerian educational system is clearly showing in the childish and foolish posts of the GEJ'S clones here.
Their poor knowledge of political history is pathetic.
Moreover, you can see that THEY DON'T READ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Is Dead In Enugu As APC Takes Over Enugu In 2019 Election- Odo / I'm Ready To Take Pres. Buhari Apart At Presidential Debate - Kingsley Moghalu / SSA To Justice Onnoghen Debunks Rumoured EFCC Raid On Cjn's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.