Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers (12416 Views)

FEC Approves Renewed Hope Infrastructure Fund For Critical Projects Nationwide / BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians / Afe Babalola: "Extend Retirement Age Of Supreme Court Justices To 100 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:48am On Jan 21, 2021
bibelo:
This is a very bad move, at the age of 60 most people are usually battling one ailment or the other thus low productivity. secondly with a high level of unemployment, increasing the length of service will only increase unemployment figures.
Government should rather have rather put an improved welfare package in place and reduce the time benefits payment to not more than 6months after retirement.....

An intelligent comment from you

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by chukwugoziegi: 7:14am On Jan 21, 2021
otokzmail:

Are you a teacher?
Do you know the stress teachers go through every day?
How many people can withstand such stress at old age?
In fact what is the life expectancy in Nigeria?
Around 30's - 40's if you don't know.
It takes the grace of God for an average Nigerian to live beyond 40.
I know that you are not a teacher. This is wickedness against teaching profession.

You would agree with me that teaching in the 21st Century needs vibrant and energy youths for sustenance not the tired or the weak ones.
Teaching is not politics.
Teaching is not APC/PDP that refuses to give youth the way in.
#sayNOtoteaching@65

I totally agree and God bless you for saying this.
Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Nothing stops voluntary retirement. Most civil servants love the extension, ASUU recently ensured government extended the retirement age of lecturers from 65years to 70 years.

The lazy rats want to die on their desks. They do not know what to do with their lives at 65. grin
Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by nakaman: 7:36am On Jan 21, 2021
I dont understand instead of reducing they are increasing
Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Jobabori:

Reserve your stupid advise till you attain your fictitious Biafra. A bill to improve teachers and teaching job which previous administrations did not attend to is given you headache, what then will give you joy till the end of this administration?. Nothing, your bitterness continue till 2023 and beyond since your Biafra will continue to be elusive.
Ogbeni, leave Biafra and face reality. I teach in a government school and I know that adding five years to retirement age is a bad policy. Many of these teachers are tired already and can't stop delegating their work to students and some of us they perceive young. They always come up with one excuse or the other.

Unemployment is high. There are a lot of young and vibrant people who can replace these people but no, government wants to add 5 years to their burden and not address unemployment. It's a rubbish policy.

If your parents are teachers as I suspect, although, they will be happy to be paid for 5 more years but it doesn't help anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by Austin4Jesus(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2021
They have already used their pensions, so they had to give them more years to serve and collect the usual stipends, it is not like they appreciate their years of experience, It is well with this Country.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by Tareq1105: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2021
chukwugoziegi:
65 years of age or 40years in Service? Kuku kill them on the job na. Senseless people!

40years in service is too long.

I wouldn't want to retire from a Teaching Job at 65years old. No Way! I reject it in Jesus Name!

Teachers with the high rate of unemployment? Se until they fall down and die in the class.

I prefer :

55 years of age

Or

30 years in service

.....in NNPC, NCC, Port Authority, Maritime Agency or Custom.
Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by chukwugoziegi: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Tareq1105:

Teachers with the high rate of unemployment? Se until they fall down and die in the class.

I prefer :

55 years of age

Or

30 years in service

.....in NNPC, NCC, Port Authority, Maritime Agency or Custom.

I agree with you. 50-55 is fine.
Imagine graduating at 25 and working for another 40years while getting paid peanuts.

I wonder when we'll get it right in this country.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2021
Billyonaire666:

The lazy rats want to die on their desks. They do not know what to do with their lives at 65. grin

Thereby depriving their children and grandchildren of jobs

Ideally retirement age should be maximum of 55 years or maximum of after putting in 30years of service whichever comes first

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Handled Economy Better Than Others Since 1999 – Ajimobi / NSCDC: Abdullahi Gana Receives Shuaib Belgore, Inspects New COVID-19 Center / After Raking In Millions From Applicants, Osun Fails To Hold Teachers' Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.