Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,824 members, 7,834,767 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

What Does Asiwaju Mean? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Asiwaju Mean? (36537 Views)

Kwara By-election: APC Mega Rally, Does This Mean Saraki Is Gone In Kwara? / Asiwaju Tinubu Look Super Dapper In This Picture / We've Sacrificed Everything For PDP; Loyalty Must Mean Something - Dankwambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Abassmt: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:

You make it sound like I am begging him to talk? I don't care if he talks because I know he has nothing to offer

The point is ANY person who wants to be called Asiwaju of Yoruba land cannot be silent at this time so we agree that he is not Asiwaju of Yoruba.
Not just Tinubu Buhari should have spoken too.
We are potentially on the brink of civil war and you are asking what difference it would make if a man who reportedly wants to be the next president speaks
IWhen he has spoken in the past he has appeared incoherent e.g he called Obasanjo expired and called for him to be thrown in the trash

I am not one of those clamoring for him to speak however I am pointing out to those who elevate him as a Yoruba leader that he is not such a leader.

He should have spoken a LONG TIME ago about the appointments in the military and that alone is enough for a man of honour to have left the APC.

He is like the Monkey with a paw in the bottle trapped by greed
Maybe you are just following Nigeria politics, if you know the game you won't be talking like this.

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by BJanta: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:
This is difficult to Translate but a literal transliteration would be

One who opens (leads) from the front

A leader
The first
One who opens the road etc

It is a common honorary title in Yoruba land. conferred by different obas or kings

Tinubu was given the title by the Oba of Eko( Lagos) and therefore is the Asiwaju of Eko of Lagos Town .

Many people assume he is Asiwaju of Lagos State or even Yoruba land . This is inaccurate

Tinubu no doubt aspires to be Asiwaju of Yoruba land

Recently in a time of crisis , he has gone missing. This would not be the first time.
I should be clear to all right thinking Yoruba just now that he does not Si waju rara ati rara

Ero eyin ni Tinubu. Ojo si ni pelu

He has lost whatever respect he has and should quietly retire and enjoy his bullion

Tinubu losing respect in your sight is of utmost insignificance.Who are you and your father? Nonentities who who have no value to themselves talkless to others. People of wretched birth , background and ancestry like you are incapable of understanding the essences of greatness of someone like Asiwaju .Tell us what you, your parents or any other person in your cursed ancestry have achieved.Or the height they have ever attained,them we would listen to you. Asiwaju doesn't need the respect or regards of someone of low and poor birth like you to accomplish his aspirations. Give those respect to your parents as your sallah gifts to them.They need it more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by JAGS001(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
mariahAngel:
I don't even think he was conferred with the title in the first place, rather he bought it.

There's nothing Asiwaju about Tinubu, rather he is Asapamo.

But who cares though...
If you don't care why did you click to know what Asiwaju means y'all Cr*ze ASF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Richcreed(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:

A leader
The first

It is a common honorary title in Yoruba land. conferred by different obas or kings

Tinubu was given the title by the Oba of Eko( Lagos) and therefore is the Asiwaju of Eko of Lagos Town .

Many people assume he is Asiwaju of Lagos State or even Yoruba land . This is inaccurate

Recently in a time of crisis , he has gone missing. This would not be the first time.
I should be clear to all right thinking Yoruba just now that he does not Si waju rara ati rara

He has lost whatever respect he has and should quietly retire and enjoy his bullion
if you a yoruba person , remember yoruba proverb that says; ti a ba ta ara ile eni ni opo, ko ni ri ra bo do won. another one. Tinubu is a human like you and I, he is prone to make mistakes, errors in judgement etc. but fact is the man has tried his best among his peers from the slw,since the inception of democracy. you should ask yoursef why only him?.
we should cut the man some slack abeg, he is only aspiring just like every other human and it is his right to do so. i read a lot of crap people say about him here daily, its pathetic.
yoruba says; omo eni ki buru titi ka le fekun pa je. only omo ale jati jati will rubbish his/her in a public forum no matter how bad the person is!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by OLANIYIPETER: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
WHICH ANIMAL WROTE THIS
Go out and say this on the street if you won't be stoned to comma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Abassmt: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:
Are you his lawyer or paid agent?
What is all this interrogation?

Am I using your data?

Why don't you go for a jog or shower?

You do what you like and let me do the same
Case closed.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by gannod(m): 9:05am On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=aribisala0 post=98406301]

You are delusional

Tinubu has ALWAYS been a sectional leader so stop deceiving yourself. His section is Lagos not even the SW

He cannot hold Oyo Ondo or Ekiti.

No one is asking him to protect but he should not be a coward . He should speak

When he speaks he should not ask Where are the cows

Tell us one state outside the SW where he has influence

Tinubu is there for himself and his family

What has his wife achieved for Lagos in the Senate?
He got his daughter appointed as Iyaloja of Lagos by Akiolu and she is extorting computer village in Ikeja

Is Akiolu Oba of Lagos state

The same Tinubu that calls Obas of Yorubaland atenuje

Ojo esin Tinubu ti su

He could not even hold Edo

MD of NPA is Aboki the entire security apparatus Aboki

The airports and seaport in Lagos is full of illiterate abokis

If Tinubu had any honour he should have left the government instead he was disgracing himself with bullion vans[/quotel]

Thank you jare.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Segs24: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:

A leader
The first

It means a leader.

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by JAGS001(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Thank God he didn't stop your papa from making same bullions, don't be unfortunate by discrediting others achievements, and I am sure your papa has not uplifted anyone from your family talk more of your street.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by gannod(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:

You are delusional

Tinubu has ALWAYS been a sectional leader so stop deceiving yourself. His section is Lagos not even the SW

He cannot hold Oyo Ondo or Ekiti.

No one is asking him to protect but he should not be a coward . He should speak

When he speaks he should not ask Where are the cows

Tell us one state outside the SW where he has influence

Tinubu is there for himself and his family

What has his wife achieved for Lagos in the Senate?
He got his daughter appointed as Iyaloja of Lagos by Akiolu and she is extorting computer village in Ikeja

Is Akiolu Oba of Lagos state

The same Tinubu that calls Obas of Yorubaland atenuje

Ojo esin Tinubu ti su

He could not even hold Edo

MD of NPA is Aboki the entire security apparatus Aboki

The airports and seaport in Lagos is full of illiterate abokis

If Tinubu had any honour he should have left the government instead he was disgracing himself with bullion vans

Thank you.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by almarthins(m): 9:12am On Jun 25, 2022
The name with good meaning on the lips of every Omoluabi's now is Igboho

Asiwaju can be translated to "Cowardice" in the new and refined Oxford dictionary.

Opposite of what it actually means. Asiwaju means courageous, frontman etc
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 25, 2022
BJanta:

Tinubu losing respect in your sight is of utmost insignificance.Who are you and your father? Nonentities who who have no value to themselves talkless to others. People of wretched birth , background and ancestry like you are incapable of understanding the essences of greatness of someone like Asiwaju .Tell us what you, your parents or any other person in your cursed ancestry have achieved.Or the height they have ever attained,them we would listen to you. Asiwaju doesn't need the respect or regards of someone of low and poor birth like you to accomplish his aspirations. Give those respect to your parents as your sallah gifts to them.They need it more.

You finished that guy totally.

"Who are you and your father"

Even me sef I bow..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by JAGS001(m): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2022
Richcreed:

if you a yoruba person , remember yoruba proverb that says; ti a ba ta ara ile eni ni opo, ko ni ri ra bo do won. another one. Tinubu is a human like you and I, he is prone to make mistakes, errors in judgement etc. but fact is the man has tried his best among his peers from the slw,since the inception of democracy. you should ask yoursef why only him?.
we should cut the man some slack abeg, he is only aspiring just like every other human and it is his right to do so. i read a lot of crap people say about him here daily, its pathetic.
yoruba says; omo eni ki buru titi ka le fekun pa je. only omo ale jati jati will rubbish his/her in a public forum no matter how bad the person is!
I hope they will understand that bringing someone personality down, it's a bad home training according to Nigerian culture generally, this are people that wants change but can't be respectful to elders and put them aside with their PVC, and I hope they remember that if you insult someone's father, people one day will also insult your father by then how will you feel or by the time you're Insulted by younger people when you get old, moreover old age is a blessing none of us want our parents to die even though we know it's constant.

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by adetayoonas(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2022
Tinubu is the best . He will be the next president of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Layhemy: 9:16am On Jun 25, 2022
Sometimes most of you don't think before holding your pen to write something ,I see no sense in this write up , write more it wont stop someone like me voting for him

4 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Kaxmytex(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2022
grin grin grin

In a game of chess, asiwaju means pawn..

In yoruba land, the oba's confers the title on people wey dem fit press their mumu button and dem go cough out cash in a blink of an eye..
Na format to make the person feel important so as to get what they want from them...

To this guyz, money no be problem, nothing like dispensation error..

The title no even gel with anything called bravery, asiwaju wey no get sense, wey allow the feeling of being important get to his brain, na dem dey kick bucket in no time, the one wey get sense knows when to run for hin life, dey have plenty escape route, u need to camp dem very well if u wan kill dem, else, dem don japa..
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Realist12: 9:20am On Jun 25, 2022
maak400:

Majority of Yorubas already know that Tinubu is a self-serving greedy theif. He's only concerned about his pocket, that is why he will never become president because nobody will vote for him, even Yorubas.

Yorubaland must rise up now and confront the fulanis, we must realize that the battle line is drawn.
That's humanity for you, for one Tinubu has been a unifying factor to the Yoruba race hence we have a say and demand at the national level. That's how the Israelites crucified Jesus. Humanity

3 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
Richcreed:

only omo ale jati jati will rubbish his/her in a public forum no matter how bad the person is!

That's what I call them all too. "omo ale jati jati". Infact, that's how I see them..

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by nedekid: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2022
Na my pikin name be that oh.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by BJanta: 9:35am On Jun 25, 2022
nighter:

You finished that guy totally.

"Who are you and your father"

Even me sef I bow..

Does he not deserve it ?
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by BenzEne1(m): 9:41am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:
Lol
Tinubu is not healthy

If Yoruba are chasing presidency they don't want someone that will do a Yar adua on them grin

How do you know he is not healthy Do you have his medical records.
How many times will we tell you guys that FDR ruled the US for four terms on a wheel chair and Reagan did it fighting cancer?
Health issues can bother anybody rich or poor, just ask Steve Jobs.

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 25, 2022
BJanta:

Does he not deserve it ?

He's one of the OMO ALEs. You can't really blame him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by chrisooblog: 9:46am On Jun 25, 2022
You could also say visionary
aribisala0:

A leader
The first

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by wolebest: 9:46am On Jun 25, 2022
ASHIWAJU

Simply put, means;

FRONT-RUNNER,
LEADER,
PACE SETTER,
FAVOURITE,
NUMERO UNO (Number One)
GRASSROOTS POLITICIAN EXTRAORDINARE
FIRST AMONG EQUALS

A name and title that is synonymous with and has stuck to Bola Ahmed Tinubu over the years
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by miqos02(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2022
mariahAngel:
I don't even think he was conferred with the title in the first place, rather he bought it.

There's nothing Asiwaju about Tinubu, rather he is Asapamo.

But who cares though...
how many people didn't buy titles these days
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by BJanta: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2022
nighter:

He's one of the OMO ALEs. You can't really blame him.

LOL
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Ijoba85: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2022
How much of work have you done to put him to shame ? Cos the last time I checked God still crown the effort of those who never stop working to get what they want
aribisala0:

I am not seeking his opinion

I have seen through Tinubu from DAY ONE

I am just preparing the ground for 2023

He will be put to shame IN LAGOS STATE

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Ijoba85: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2022
He is the Asiwaju of Lagos , thank God, what are you ?
Akanbiedu:
@OP

Please tell us about any Fulani politician, aspiring to be president in 2023, that has said anything about this? Una just read collect big certificates but not wise.

I am waiting.

You were right, he is Asiwaju of Lagos, not of Yoruba.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Ijoba85: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2022
You don't reveal your plans before your enemies until power gets to your hand . It's called wisdom
aribisala0:
Tinubu has kept quiet on the one thing he was vocal about that is of interest to the Yoruba ; Restructuring and federalism

The only explanation is that he has subordinated that cause to personal interest

When Amotekun came up he was double speaking

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Ijoba85: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2022
A lot will vote for him including me, speak for yourself please
maak400:

Majority of Yorubas already know that Tinubu is a self-serving greedy theif. He's only concerned about his pocket, that is why he will never become president because nobody will vote for him, even Yorubas.

Yorubaland must rise up now and confront the fulanis, we must realize that the battle line is drawn.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Okwyjesus(m): 9:57am On Jun 25, 2022
aribisala0:

A leader
The first

Excellent politician no doubt but odd is not on his side this time around.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by pharmaking: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2022
Abuja campaign office

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Nigerian Presidents With Their Wives, Who Is The Cutest? (photos) / Buhari Wins Kogi With 60% Votes - Punch / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.