Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec (3842 Views)

INEC Has Cancelled Election In 3 LGA In Abia State / Do You Need A Change In Govt Or U're Just Been Hypocritical / Nigerian Govt Or Oil Firms, Who Is To Blame For The Niger Delta Crisis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by awuf2008: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2011
Despite assurance and adequate preparation made by Inec, yet the much talked National Assembly Election which supposed to hold last saturday was postponed due to logistics. In your own view, Who is to Blame? Government or Inec?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Kindluv3(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
imagine wat Inec have being prepering 4 d past months, I blame d so called Inec
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
Inec is a total mess.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by maxtop(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
both !!! it is annoying that after spending tax payers money that way, inec can still come up with studip excuse. i wonder when they will they will get it right.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by akkeem(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jaga has accepted resposibility. Please lets give this guy a chance to conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria!
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by endmoll(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
maxtop:

both !!! it is annoying that after spending tax payers money that way, inec can still come up with studip excuse. i wonder when they will they will get it right.
Stop making a hell of a noise about tax payers money. Have you ever paid tax in your life? Allow the man to do his job,we must learn to be patient and do things the right way.
Even if it takes time but the most important thing is for us to get it right this time. So men chill out and allow justice to take its place.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by GudLion(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jega has the damn blame. The man is not serious, how can you call off an election and fix new date without due consultation and considerations. The man is simply spontaneous and will end up conducting the worst election in the history of this great country. When the wind blows we shall see the anus of a fowl, embarassed
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by endmoll(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
aanumama:

Inec is a total mess.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Are you clamouring for the return of maurice iwu? Learn to be patient and doing things the right way rather than the half hazard way.
I guess you are one of the perfect Nigerians that have no blemishes.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by endmoll(m): 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
GudLion:

Jega has the damn blame. The man is not serious, how can you call off an election and fix new date without due consultation and considerations. The man is simply spontaneous and will end up conducting the worst election in the history of this great country. When the wind blows we shall see the anus of a fowl, embarassed
You should praise Jega for coming out publicly to take responsibility of the whole mess,who has ever done that in the history of Nigeria? I think he will be the best electoral empire Nigeria has ever had.
Check out his track record ever since he was appointed and bear in mind that he can not be evry were at the same time considering the fact that there people out there who want to sabotage the elections for there own selfish gains.
Allow him to do what is right and lets pray that Nigeria gets it right this time around because we don't have another 4yrs to waste.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by endmoll(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
akkeem:

Jaga has accepted resposibility. Please lets give this guy a chance to conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria!
Thank you for your understandingwe must learn to do things rightly even if it takes us several times to get it right.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by botson(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
INEC of course, Jaga jaga i mean (jega) should just peacefully resign cos he has fail dis nation, after the money n support dey gave him, he still cant conduct the elections, useless INEC sef, dis r plans to rigg the elections PDP r at it again oh NIGERIANS lets fight dem out, Poverty Development Party (PDP), SAI BUHARI 2011, BB 4 President
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by omo9ja1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
I blame INEC!
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Kayman3(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
I know some people will still prefer IWU, who would hav gone ahead with the election and come back the second day and will anounce fabricated result with respect to his PDP allies.
Kudos to JEGA.
The problem now are some of the so called State RECs and Local RECs.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Gbenge77(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Without mincing words,the blame should be laid at the doorsteps of INEC.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
No doubt, IMO INEC is to be blamed however i will heap the BIGGER BLAME on the government of [b]J[/b]onathan [b]E[/b]bele [b]G[/b]oodluck [b]A[/b]zikwe.
Before now, so many of us have clamoured for the total retructuring of elections in naija. Yaradua came in and told us that trully the election that brought him to power was faulty and he promised us electoral reforms. he agreed that the system is faulty and needed to be amended. This he started by setting up the Justice Uwais committe and having spent billions, the committee came out with a very comprehensive report which comprises issues that pertains to leadersship, finance, logistic, procedural etc of the electoral body. However the late president died and couldnt work on this further

One would think that a sincere govt will pick up the report, work and implement it. even if u cant implement it 100% but at least do something with it, but alas GEJ threw it to the bin giving us the impression that it isnt implementable. but of cos this is not so. he simply doesnt have the political will to do it and probably under the pressure of PDP knowing fully well that there is no way they can win free and fair elections in naija if its not rigged.

i have said it in one of this threads here that even if we have a wiser and better person to head INEC as it is, there is no way we can have free and fair elections. Its simply not possible. we all know that the only difference between Iwu's Inec and Jega's INEC is just the leadership however electoral fraud goes beyond that. thank Goodness last saturday's election had to be postponed, a lot of attrocities were noticed even different from what JEGA was facing in Abuja.

I believe in one Naija however i am not convince that we are going to have a free and fair election. its simply not possible with this present system and the govt of GEJ isnt ready to change despite the fact that they have the whole time to at least do something about it. Definately elctoral reforms isnt patr of GEJ's achievement becos there wasnt one in the first instance.

Nigerians please dont hesistate to still come out during the polls however dont expect a free and fair election. what happened on saturday throughout the country should be an eyeopener.
Peace.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Blazing99: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
GEJ's badluck

Only in his government have we witnessed a postponed election, bombing on our independence day and new year day, Jos turned to a killing field, and many more.

I'm beginning to think this guy's goodluck is for himself alone, lol
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
jega jega jega jegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by agoshofin(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
nobody's fault,
Jega should not resign, he has done a good job so far & he has broken the backs of those who has planned rigging,
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by efisher(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
First, the election has not been cancelled. It was only postponed.

As for who is responsible, it is BOTH but mostly INEC (80%). Why?

INEC: INEC is an INDEPENDENT body and should be responsible for the good and bad. Also, the fact that it was a logistic problem tells me that somebody really made some seriously wrong decisions. Those result sheets are on the CRITICAL PATH! You don't mess any thing on the critical path! Jega gave his full assurance that everything was under control and the whole nation believed him including Mr President.

Government: Everything happened under the watch of the government. Though they have provided the funds and the necessary resources, they will still have to take a little share of the blame. Perhaps, we have to redefine how "INDEPENDENT"  INEC should be. Execution needs to be monitored more closely to prevent catastrophic failures.

God help Jega. cry
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Demdem(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
To those of us who went out on saturday knew that the problems of INEC is more than the logistic issue JEGA is facing in ABUJA. on the ground, peeps names were missing, logos of a party was absent in place like Gombe, a friend of mine in lagos claimed he saw ACN logo (the broom) on two parties (please can someone confirmed this if true). I personnally was disenfranchised. i registered in rumuodara PH but my name wasnt found at the polling unit. I read it in the dailies today that the REC of cross rivers was thankfull to God that the election was postponed because the whole exercise would have been fraudulent having noticed that some INEC officials have compromised etc.
The problem was obviously more than logistics.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Isapro1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Which is more scary, Mrs Goodluck as ur wedding MC or Prof. Jega as ur wedding planner
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Blazing99: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
Maurice Iwu would be somewhere laughing mockingly grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
endmoll:

Are you clamouring for the return of maurice iwu? Learn to be patient and doing things the right way rather than the half hazard way.
I guess you are one of the perfect Nigerians that have no blemishes.

Do u know how many plans were disrupted all because of the election? they only see Nigerians as their toys and can do whatever with whenever they like.

There is no way u can be perfect in every way but we should try to be in some ways.

Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Limaoscar: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
The bulk stops with Jega bruv.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by coolusman: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
I pity Jega Walai. No one should blame him, he is trying to make it a free and fair election.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by babaowo: 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
what had spoiled from pass 50 yrs,do you ppl think its easy to fix in 1yr lol.nigerian like quick ways,its not easy beloveth cos there is no any system in place in the nation.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Tadeus(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jega is totally at fault and he will receive all the blames. this is very bad,He knows that he was not capable of organizing the election, why did he accept the offer to become INEC chairman? But now, we have to stop blaming him and allow him to organize the election and after election, I think Jega must pay  for the failure.

I pity Jega Walai. No one should blame him, he is trying to make it a free and fair election.

I do not pity him at all, There is something we did not know, if this cancellation occurs again, their will be problem in Nigeria and we need to pray that it should not lead to civil war. This man is paid for everything and he received assistance from Federal government, what else did he want.? I think we should stop blaming the man for now and allow him to conduct the election first
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Solozzo(m): 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
Demdem:

To those of us who went out on saturday knew that the problems of INEC is more than the logistic issue JEGA is facing in ABUJA. on the ground, peeps names were missing, logos of a party was absent in place like Gombe, a friend of mine in lagos claimed he saw ACN logo (the broom) on two parties (please can someone confirmed this if true). I personnally was disenfranchised. i registered in rumuodara PH but my name wasnt found at the polling unit. I read it in the dailies today that the REC of cross rivers was thankfull to God that the election was postponed because the whole exercise would have been fraudulent having noticed that some INEC officials have compromised etc.
Demdem:

Gbam! Well said. Obviously the presidency and pdp were worried about a free and fair election not going their way,\. But Jega was still inefficient at the task. Look at the way IBB and Humphrey Nwosu conducted the 1993 elections successfully. It just takes seriousness and a willingness to achieve success on the part of govt and the agency in charge to determine they want a free and fair election and it would be done.

Like u said it is more than logistics but we know Nigerians are so ineficient at task because the leaders are too corrupt to encourage success, Nigeria ought to be one of the easiest countries to govern because of our tendency to bootlick and follow follow attitude; never challenging authorities because of fear and unawareness of rights. A determined leader can do a lot and encourage a huge followership. See how people like Oshomole in Edo state and Fashola in Lagos are trying their best. Corruption is still the root of this disastrous election process and Jega is not just up to speed here
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by Apesin001: 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
GOD bless Nigeria.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by dave07(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
Agreed Jega is to be blamed and he already accepted responsibility for the flop. Move on and thank God for a man who had to courage to say 'Iam sorry' and let him do the right thing.
BTW How many of you went out to vote on saturday?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by MKDON: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
[GEJ's badluck

Only in his government have we witnessed a postponed election, bombing on our independence day and new year day, Jos turned to a killing field, and many more.

I'm beginning to think this guy's goodluck is for himself alone, lol [quote][/quote]

u r tooo biased.

never in this country has an election umpire enjoyed so much liberty like Jega, never has any1 enjoyed as much funds as jega, GEJ has given complete support to this project yet u blame d man. let's b honest n objective in our arguments.

INEC must b blamed for all these. wt over 100bn in there kitty? d man must b probed after these election. from the registration till date he has displayed nothing else but INCOMPETENCE n INCONSISTENCY
Re: Who Is To Blame For Cancelled Election? Govt Or Inec by ideylaff: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
BLAME ke?

all na PLAY ooooo and This is PART 1 of the show,

BEWARE OF THIS SMOKESCREEN ooooooo

hmm very nice acting to make the whole thing look very free, fair and iNEC look non partisan in our eyes
in case we start to doubt as soon as election don finish and results start to surface, 

PDP, ogbologbos,  wont trust them with my enemy sef,

so when result komot we go say , JEGA is not "JUST ELECT GOODLUCK AGAIN",

I still don't trust the JEGA bobo after the Delta look away he did from all the malpractices a few months ago

Now after the Security council meeting, they now have an excuse to send Military Police and MOPLOL to scare the people away from following their votes until counted a planned due to the tension the elction shift has generated, 9ice 1 PDP, /GEJ,

Tell me who go follow MOPOL when MOPOL say go back

this stinks and i can see through it big time

INEC is acting, (how van you be expecting a plane with most of the materials needed 3 days to an election, if not that u a risking the electorates rights,

N85Billion naira spent and things are arriving 3 days before Election, Which kind Project Management be dat,

its smelly very smelly,  :- and I am waiting for JEGA PART 2,

wetin he talk wey den dey talk say treason, na lie the bobo no offer to resign, na dem leak d made up story 2 give JEGA some kind of credibility, den they will all finish their passy passy under under, as Fela talk am

we are ready for them ds time, do or die, BB, camera, everything, utube, google, iphone, j phone, betamax sef, and vhs,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency / Revisiting The Unholy Activities Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu / Photos Of 9ice Campaign On Bottled Palm Wine, Other Drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.