Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,482 members, 7,854,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Another Old Picture From Oyo, Please What's The Meaning Of This Agency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Old Picture From Oyo, Please What's The Meaning Of This Agency (3066 Views)

Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) / Tinubu Bursted Again For Sharing Another Old Picture Today / Old Picture Of Abba Kyari Campaigning Against Drug Use Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Old Picture From Oyo, Please What's The Meaning Of This Agency by tamdun: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Bia! go to KID SECTION I saw it the other day...I think it was added recently you will like it they have all these colorful things and they share sweets there too

Re: Another Old Picture From Oyo, Please What's The Meaning Of This Agency by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
ezenwajosh:
WONDERING WHAT SPEAKS HATE IN THIS POST
Nwannem stop meddling in their affairs...
You are giving them more reason to insult us.. Except you're not Nwafor
Re: Another Old Picture From Oyo, Please What's The Meaning Of This Agency by elhakiimed(m): 10:24am On Jan 27, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Now take hisbah for example they are not targeting Muslims selling alcohol because no Muslim will sell alcohol in public but none Muslims sells alcohols in public and are being patronised publicly by none Muslims...and most times you have this law being more superior than state law....isn't that a call for concern in a supposed secular state? Because as I just said the sunna is just same as Sharia

In any community where a certain ethic group is predominant, they are allowed to use customary laws. That's why "Obas" and "Ezes" are still relevant today: they rule on cultural grounds. The Sharia for predominant Muslim communities have lots of functions like settling family crises and sharing inheritance. Yet, ruling in the court can be checked by high courts, such as the case of the hausa singer arraigned for blasphemy.

The hisbah you mentioned operate in a predominant Muslim environment, and a non-muslims should respect their traditions. Just like I wouldn't go to Anambra to kill a python in a village where it is forbidden to do so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Police Checkpoint At Iwo Road Roundabout / Governor Adeleke Replies Tribunal Chairman, Dances To "Buga" Song (Video) / What Sky News Reported And How Vanguardngr Delivered The News to Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.