Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents (1652 Views)

We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow / Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me / Sunday Igboho: We Didn’t Burn Seriki Fulani’s Property, The Indigenes Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
Residents of Igangan in the Ibarapa Local Government Area of Oyo State have narrated how the now-ejected Seriki Fulani, Abdulkadri Saliu, used his son, Ibrahim Saliu, to free herdsmen arrested for various heinous crimes in the area.

The President, Igangan Development Advocates, Wale Oladokun, disclosed this in a statement titled, ‘What actually happened between Sunday Igboho, Seriki Fulani and Ibarapa residents’.

According to him, the Seriki Fulani, who had lived in the town for several years before his eviction last week, served as the “protective shield and supreme defender of vicious Fulani herders for several years throughout Ibarapaland”.

Oladokun said, “He (Seriki) would send his children, prominent among whom was Ibrahim Saliu, to serve as the mouthpiece for arrested vicious herders even for grievous offences that ought to be charged to court.

“Once the Seriki Saliu or children stepped into any case involving the Fulani, no matter how grievous, the case was, it would be swept under the carpet as the scale of justice became tipped.

“This heightened the impunity with which these herders unleash terror on the Ibarapa people. They became so emboldened that they started killing and maiming indigenes with glee. And before long, kidnapping too was added as their weapon of subjugation cum business venture.”

The PUNCH had earlier reported that a popular Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, well known as Sunday Igboho, asked herdsmen accused of perpetrating sundry crimes in Ibarapaland to leave within seven days.

Making a clarification, Oladokun said, “Sunday Adeyemo was not in the midst of those who went to Gaha Seriki to effect the Seriki’s ejection. It was the entire people of Ibarapa themselves that marched there while Sunday Igboho and his boys had only embarked on combing the remote forests serving as hideouts to the bandits to ensure the security of the land.”

The IDA President also said the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, abandoned the people for so many years despite their cries for help against the oppression of Seriki and his Fulani herdsmen.

“The youths of Ibarapa cried to Governor Seyi Makinde in a protest led by Igangan Development Advocates shortly after the murder of Dr. Fatai Aborode. But the deaths of many Ibarapa indigenes occasioned by Fulani bandits never attracted the attention of Mr. Governor.

“But now, Mr. Governor suddenly woke up and saw the need to visit the hotspot in company of the Inspector General’s representatives and Council of Obas. The question is: ‘where were they since?’

“Mr. Governor should be advised to deal with this crisis in his hands very cautiously and carefully so as not to reignite the fire he claimed he was trying to put out. Arresting Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, for instance, would not solve the problem but escalate it. A word should be enough for the wise,” Oladokun said.

https://punchng.com/icymi-how-seriki-fulanis-son-freed-arrested-herders-igangan-residents/?=1
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
TLDR; the Fulani King in Oyo was using his influnece to protect all Fulani criminals that were caught (by Police or Amotekun) and freeing them from police custody.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by MostImportant(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
shocked
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Thewrath(m): 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
The order was coming from above,plus it’s the demon you bred that has come back to hunt you.

4 Likes

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Correction: the police freed, them not the seriki. The seriki was not the arresting party, so could not have been the freeing party. Let us be precise in our use of language.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ok
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
Later the Fulani there tried to claim that they were attacked for no reason and that all Fulani were in the area were attacked when it was just the Fulani King and Family that were just ejected.

They tried to spin the same lies in Lagos (where they attacked the Yoruba Youths first), in Enugu (where they killed a motorcyclist first), in Ebonyi (where they destroyed several farm steds).

5 Likes

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Racoon(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
This is why this marauders and killers from Futa Jallon Plateau sees themselves are untouchable criminals because Buhari have elevated Fulanis over others.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by MickzyDonald: 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
Just say you ordered the police to freed them,bloody leaders,we know you work hand in hand with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Correction: the police freed, them not the seriki. The seriki was not the arresting party, so could not have been the freeing party. Let us be precise in our use of language.

They were freed under the insistence and influence of the Seriki. If Governour (who doesn't have direct control over the police), gets police to ignore election ballot snatching, isn't it the governour that would be the one blame is placed primarily on?

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Charmingrascal(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
Makinde the sissy will soon compensate Seriki Fulani, just watch.

All the Seriki Foolanis in the South are shielding criminals, forget their "we don't know them" talks.
They know them, they get returns from them, they tell them who and where to attack.
Every Foolanis has a gene of violence and criminality in him.

The Police are complicit also, the next thing is to warn every DPO in Yoruba land not to release any arrested Fulani criminal if they don't want to die untimely by the hand of Sango or Ogun.

3 Likes

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pecuman:

They were freed under the insistence and influence of the Seriki. If Governour (who doesn't have direct control over the police), gets police to ignore election ballot snatching, isn't it the governour that would be the one blame is placed primarily on?

No the system should be to blame. We all seem to applaud it when it works in our favour, not knowing that it will come round to bite us in the arse eventually. The seriki just toed the path set by others before him when it suited him, so he's no better nor worse than anyone else in the same position as him. In reality, the police should not be under anyone's influence when it comes to arresting criminals. Everyone should remember that when they too feel tempted to influence the police in their own favour.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by duro4chang(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
We all understand the message the op was trying to pass across.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
duro4chang:
We all understand the message the op was trying to pass across.

I'm not disputing the wordings alone. I think the blame also is misplaced. The police should be the ones to blame, not the seriki. He merely used what was already on ground.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

No the system should be to blame. We all seem to applaud it when it works in our favour, not knowing that it will come round to bite us in the arse eventually. The seriki just toed the path set by others before him when it suited him, so he's no better nor worse than anyone else in the same position as him. In reality, the police should not be under anyone's influence when it comes to arresting criminals. Everyone should remember that when they too feel tempted to influence the police in their own favour.

Just because other Criminals have been going around the system doesn't mean we should Ignore it when another criminal does it again.

The solution to murders isn't to say "other people got away with it in the past so it is okay but to make sure no one else gets away with it.

But I do agree that the Police carry alot of the blame as well but that in no way absolves the Seriki for reintroducing murders into a society to murder and pillage some more.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pecuman:

Just because other Criminals have been going around the system doesn't mean we should Ignore it when another criminal does it again.

You are right, and that is why I highlighted the criminals as being those who actually released the murderers, knowing that they were murderers, and not those who asked them to.

Pecuman:

The solution to murders isn't to say "other people got away with it in the past so it is okay but to make sure no one else gets away with it.

Still on point. This to me implies that we shouldn't say that the law enforcement is notoriously lax, so let us permit it to go on and blame those who use the system instead.

Pecuman:

But I do agree that the Police carry alot of the blame as well but that in no way absolves the Seriki for reintroducing murders into a society to murder and pillage some more.

It doesn't absolve him, but the emphasis shouldn't be on him, but on those who actually committed the crime of releasing murderers. Every single Nigerian at some point or the other may have 'reintroduced criminals into society' and thanked God for the opportunity to do so because the criminal was a relative or a friend. Blaming Nigerians for doing it doesn't wash. We should put the blame squarely on those who actually released them. You feel we should cut off the problem in the bud, I feel it should be cut off at the roots. That is my point.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Aketi2: 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
The agrarian and peaceful people of Igangan dont have to go through this. I wish its the stupid Yoruba youths on this forum that their relations are going through this while they on Nairaland fighting the Ibos.

1 Like

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by sapientia(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Silvernorgold
Oyigboupdate
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Samunique(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
The youths of Ibarapa cried to Governor Seyi Makinde in a protest led by Igangan Development Advocates shortly after the murder of Dr. Fatai Aborode. But the deaths of many Ibarapa indigenes occasioned by Fulani bandits never attracted the attention of Mr. Governor.

“But now, Mr. Governor suddenly woke up and saw the need to visit the hotspot in company of the Inspector General’s representatives and Council of Obas. The question is: ‘where were they since?

Yeah, he suddenly woke up bcs the people all the southern slave governors
so much dreaded and considered untouchable were affected.

If it was his own people that were evicted he would have done nothing. After all, they've been killed, maimed and their women raped with governor looking the other side, simply because he doesn't want to offend the power that be.

Can you imagine that Gov. Wike could leave his people who are languishing under poverty to go and donate 500 million naira for Sokoto market while many Markets are still under lockdown for almost year now in Rivers State? undecided

These are the type of slave governors we have in the south. cry

2 Likes

Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You are right, and that is why I highlighted the criminals as being those who actually released the murderers, knowing that they were murderers, and not those who asked them to.

Still on point. This to me implies that we shouldn't say that the law enforcement is notoriously lax, so let us permit it to go on and blame those who use the system instead.

It doesn't absolve him, but the emphasis shouldn't be on him, but on those who actually committed the crime of releasing murderers. Every single Nigerian at some point or the other may have 'reintroduced criminals into society' and thanked God for the opportunity to do so because the criminal was a relative or a friend. Blaming Nigerians for doing it doesn't wash. We should put the blame squarely on those who actually released them. You feel we should cut off the problem in the bud, I feel it should be cut off at the roots. That is my point.

The police would have done their job and taken the criminals to prison if the Seriki hadn't intervened so it is the Seriki I would primarily place the blame on.

And you can't tell me the Seriki didn't know that many of these were criminals. Because I can see your average Nigerian going to defend a relative that might have commited a crime if it isn't confirmed that they commited the crime but if it is confirmed (as it must have been in many cases as the Fulani Herdsmen that are criminals tend to be only really arrested when caught red handed) they won't do it, while we the Seriki (and/or his sons) defend and free known criminals.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pecuman:

The police would have done their job and taken the criminals to prison if the Seriki hadn't intervened so it is the Seriki I would primarily place the blame on.

And you can't tell me the Seriki didn't know that many of these were criminals. Because I can see your average Nigerian going to defend a relative that might have commited a crime if it isn't confirmed that they commited the crime but if it is confirmed (as it must have been in many cases as the Fulani Herdsmen that are criminals tend to be only really arrested when caught red handed) they won't do it, while we the Seriki (mad/or his sons) defend and free known criminals.

And the seriki would have stayed home and not gone to the police station if he knew that the police would never release known murderers on his way so. Can you see that this point can be dragged forever? But the root is the most to blame, not the end result.

And yes, the average Nigerian would absolutely save his criminal relative if he can; even when he knows that a crime has been committed. Our society teaches us to defend our own, even when they do wrong.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

And the seriki would have stayed home and not gone to the police station if he knew that the police would never release known murderers on his way so. Can you see that this point can be dragged forever? But the root is the most to blame, not the end result.

And yes, the average Nigerian would absolutely save his criminal relative if he can; even when he knows that a crime has been committed. Our society teaches us to defend our own, even when they do wrong.

The only thing I will agree with you here is that the easiest way to defend from this in the future is to make sure police won't listen to and are able to resist such external pressures.

But punishing the providers of such external pressures harshly is just as important for Justice to prevail.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pecuman:

The only thing I will agree with you here is that the easiest way to defend from this in the future is to make sure police won't listen to and are able to resist such external pressures.

But punishing the providers of such external pressures harshly is just as important for Justice to prevail.

The problem is; what crime are you charging them for? Influencing a police officer? Is that even a crime? Could you make it stick without also indicting the police officer? Something that other police officers are unlikely to pursue?
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Pecuman: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

The problem is; what crime are you charging them for? Influencing a police officer? Is that even a crime? Could you make it stick without also indicting the police officer? Something that other police officers are unlikely to pursue?

Yes indict both the Seriki and the Police officer. This is at least a corruption charge, and another charge on the same type as corruption and a lower degree accomplice to crime.

Police officers themselves don't have to be the ones to push for the case, there are lawyers for that.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pecuman:

Yes indict both the Seriki and the Police officer. This is at least a corruption charge, and another charge on the same type as corruption and a lower degree accomplice to crime.

Police officers themselves don't have to be the ones to push for the case, there are lawyers for that.

It is only corruption if money or other benefit changed hands. Big people don't work that way. You're so naive. In fact, short of a full confession by both parties, I doubt that anything can be proven.

Criminal cases are prosecuted by the police, not civil lawyers.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Aflix(m): 12:21am On Jan 29, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
With the way you have been defending these Fulani herdsmen, I believe you are Fulani yourselves.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:06am On Jan 29, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

you're talking nonsense, absolute rubbish you terrorist sympathiser. Throughout the thread, you've been trying to absolve the seriki who at most should be tried for aiding and abetting if not outright kidnapping. You're a sick sick person my brother and i dont want to say whats on my mind but may the same fate of the victims afflict your family members a thousand fold sir 8(
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by ThatFairGuy1: 2:13am On Jan 29, 2021
More Criminal herders like him will be evicted from our land
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 29, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh [s:
post=98538626]you're talking nonsense, absolute rubbish you terrorist sympathiser. Throughout the thread, you've been trying to absolve the seriki who at most should be tried for aiding and abetting if not outright kidnapping. You're a sick sick person my brother and i dont want to say whats on my mind but may the same fate of the victims afflict your family members a thousand fold sir [/s]8(

Typical.

Pass.
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Mayng01(m): 6:08am On Jan 29, 2021
What a country
Re: ICYMI: How Seriki Fulani’s Son Freed Arrested Herders —igangan Residents by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2021
Aflix:
With the way you have been defending these Fulani herdsmen, I believe you are Fulani yourselves.

So what if I am? Ask yourself, how does that change the truth of what I say and why is a handle always important to analyse statements for you? You can't just think of the veracity of a statement without labelling who said it? If it helps you to think clearer, I am not Fulani. I am just not aboard the same neverending bandwagon of backward tribalism and ethnic profiling that that all the most intelligent Africans seem to think is classy and fashionable, but that is singlehandedly responsible for destroying this whole continent. I have met good and bad people from every tribe; not one tribe seemed to have 100% of either angels or demons. Either refute my argument logically, or pass. That is the polite way to act on a public forum.

In the same way that I don't think any tribe is all made up of drug smugglers and baby sellers, nor do I think that any tribe is made up of skull miners and ritualists, nor a third one made up of scammers and witches etc, etc, I do not believe that any tribe isade up of 100% kidnappers. I defend all from ethnic profiling equally. Take it or leave it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: What This Hausa Woman Said About Fulanis Will Take You Aback / NIRSAL Fraud Continues - Nigerian Youths God Save You All / Imolites Ban Chidi Cali From Entering Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.