Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics (15818 Views)

CHEAP Self Con For Rent In LEKKI ( World Oil ) ... Pay 9months Only / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Looking For A Cheap Self Contain In Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
Preparing for Pop installations.40bags are budgeted for the installation and wall screeding,25kg of fillas..

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Progressing

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by danjaD(m): 10:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
How much is a bag of pop cement in your place
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2021
danjaD:
How much is a bag of pop cement in your place
Depends on the product but the one I bought is 5400/bag

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aviona: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2021
Thumbs up Engr Kay. Nice building tips to learn from I must say.
However, a few thoughts in my mind;

1. Sir, don't you think the block pillars are too large for a building this size? (Most noticeable, are the ones on the 'stand-alone' unit). Both in terms of their aesthetics and function, they appear a kind of oversized.

2. Hope that is not a drain hole directly above the kitchen window, if so can be moved to the side.

3. Are the four weight-bearing pillars and walls standing on just that slim blinding, good to go long term? Just thinking of a full water tank in rainy seasons when the soil underneath is always moist and soft.
Hope, that part of the building wouldn't gradually sink in few inches over time, resulting in wall cracks.

However, thank you for sharing this nice job and knowledge here, and kindly correct any wrong impression of mine.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2021
aviona:
Thumbs up Engr Kay. Nice building tips to learn from I must say.
However, a few thoughts in my mind;

1. Sir, don't you think the block pillars are too large for a building this size? (Most noticeable, are the ones on the 'stand-alone' unit). Both in terms of their aesthetics and function, they appear a kind of oversized.

Ans- literally,Those pillars are there to bring out the beauty of the house and the bigger it's,the very best to enhance the beautifulness of the house in the eyes of the looker. However,each pillar is 25"/25" which in my own sense is moderate.

2. Hope that is not a drain hole directly above the kitchen window, if so can be moved to the side.

Ans-The first drain hole at kitchen window is for water escape when the storex tank is full.we'll channel the water to the pipe later on, we're still at work,not yet through with the building.

3. Are the four weight-bearing pillars and walls standing on just that slim blinding, good to go long term? Just thinking of a full water tank in rainy seasons when the soil underneath is always moist and soft.
Hope, that part of the building wouldn't gradually sink in few inches over time, resulting in wall cracks.

Ans- They're very good to go, they're binding with beams.ordinary 9" blocks walls without pillars reinforcements do carry the storex tank talk more of reinforcing each angles with pillars.

However, thank you for sharing this nice job and knowledge here, and kindly correct any wrong impression of mine.
You're welcome.keep following.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2021
Good day follower's,I'm sorry for not updating this post,I lost my phone and I'm totally busy these days but work still in progress,I'll start uploading pics next week. For now,we're installing The Pop ceiling and screeding the walls

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:04pm On May 14, 2021
Pop installation in one of the room

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2021
Pop installation in each room

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2021
Last room

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2021
My number is active, Buzz me for anything building construction. 08162907678
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by YeyeBoyfriend: 3:14pm On May 22, 2021
olukaygold:
Pop installation in each room
what’s the total sqm in each room and how much did you pay for the pop
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
We're back to work...due to high increase in cost of tiles, I've to change my taste from using tiles and replastered the Pillars.this is the outcome

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good...

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 3:17am On Jun 16, 2021
Progressing...moving to wall screeding and finishing

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
Im sorry for not updating this thread lately.im kinda busy... .
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Day and Night View of the building

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
Bathroom/Toilet
Tilling of the room
Fittings of the pop light

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
Wall screeding

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good evening, just need to drop this here...im at kitchen installation stages, A standard and well furnished kitchen also adds special aroma to the food prepared in that specific kitchen...I know I love food no be small lol...these are the quotations for the kitchen cabinet for all the five self cons
6 mdf board(4 red and 2 white board)
3.2 square meters of Jubrano marble at15k per sqrm
Tape,handles,inches and Workmanship all gulped up 40k...in all I spent less than 150k...not yet done...keep following for the finishing

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
Night view

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
Inside One of the room at night

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by JIREN01: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2021
olukaygold:
Inside One of the room at night
Congratulations boss. This is wonderful. Please update regarding how much you've spent so far.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
JIREN01:
Congratulations boss. This is wonderful. Please update regarding how much you've spent so far.
Thanks.concerning that,I'll work on it cos I didn't document all what I've spent so far...work is still in progress. Suppose to finish it in the next two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by ThaRealist: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
olukaygold:
Thanks.concerning that,I'll work on it cos I didn't document all what I've spent so far...work is still in progress. Suppose to finish it in the next two weeks.

What part of Nigeria is the house location ? And would it be up for rent .... Nice structure you got ...any idea of the rent per annum you are charging if in Lagos
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThaRealist:

What part of Nigeria is the house location ? And would it be up for rent .... Nice structure you got ...any idea of the rent per annum you are charging if in Lagos
it's in Iworoko-ekiti, not far to Ekiti state University, so it's a located in school area,im thinking of putting it 280-320 per annum,it all depends on the finishing
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by BrickDevo: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Great, but I don't know if that roof on the entrance porch is temporal if it is permanent, my brother it is nothing looking good, once again great work
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2021
BrickDevo:
Great, but I don't know if that roof on the entrance porch is temporal if it is permanent, my brother it is nothing looking good, once again great work
the roofing sheet is my only mistake there cos its of Low quality, so I'm thinking of changing the entire roof to long span aluminium roofing sheets after two year.Thanks for calling my attention on that...cheers

4 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Work in Progress

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by BrickDevo: 11:17am On Oct 31, 2021
olukaygold:
the roofing sheet is my only mistake there cos its of Low quality, so I'm thinking of changing the entire roof to long span aluminium roofing sheets after two year.Thanks for calling my attention on that...cheers
Uw

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2021
The entrance doors(imported) I bought 6months ago are not strong at all cos I went for the lowest price,i bought it 25k around March,but lot of complaints from the onlookers and intending Tenants, so I've to change only the panel doors with local doors by making use of the former doors frame(imported) and mdf board

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2021
Constructing of the Entrance gates
Compare and contrast with the gates sample

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Properties To Let And For Sale In Lekki, Ajah And Environs. / Wall Screeding With Ready Mix Putty and painting pictures / How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.