Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,166 members, 7,829,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics (15744 Views)

CHEAP Self Con For Rent In LEKKI ( World Oil ) ... Pay 9months Only / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Looking For A Cheap Self Contain In Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Front view and Raising the back of the building to reach the levels of the other sides.in such case,it protect the roof from the winds and also add to the beauty of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Akerewe:
wow! wow! wow! this is beautiful kudos to you engineer!
Thanks for following up sir

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
The roof/top of the building and water escape route.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 14, 2021
How many roofing sheets were used Sir?

Also, are there roofing gutters for sale or you moulded it from a roofing sheet? Asking because my only fear with using hidden roof on my building is whether the edge between roofing sheet and wall will leak

olukaygold:
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by PyroDavid: 10:59am On Mar 14, 2021
This is very educative, I've always imagined how water from roofs like this escape, now I know, thank you very much for this.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Qathafi:
How many roofing sheets were used Sir?

Also, are there roofing gutters for sale or you moulded it from a roofing sheet? Asking because my only fear with using hidden roof on my building is whether the edge between roofing sheet and wall will leak

Seven roofing sheet, depends on your taste,roofing gutter is available for sale,but I moulded mine from the roofing sheet.for the leak,as you can see,the sheet is under the block,we first roof it before we raised the back to the normal level i.e the tip of the gutter sheet is under the block and we're still going to plaster the block to avoid any leakages in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
PyroDavid:
This is very educative, I've always imagined how water from roofs like this escape, now I know, thank you very much for this.
You're welcome. Pls don't forget to patronise us, We're very much available sir.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
olukaygold:

Seven roofing sheet, depends on your taste,roofing gutter is available for sale,but I moulded mine from the roofing sheet.for the leak,as you can see,the sheet is under the block,we first roof it before we raised the back to the normal level i.e the tip of the gutter sheet is under the block and we're still going to plaster the block to avoid any leakages in the near future.

Thanks. I get your explanation perfectly. Will replicate.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Emempaul(m): 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
please can you tell us the size of each self contain and how many blocks you budgeted for each room self con
By the way I am loving the out come of this building
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by keeper303: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
olukaygold:

My concern is where the rain water will be drained into. I can see from your last picture the hole dug in one of the rooms. Will the water be emptied into it?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:39am On Mar 15, 2021
keeper303:

My concern is where the rain water will be drained into. I can see from your last picture the hole dug in one of the rooms. Will the water be emptied into it?
Yes sir.i took the pic after heavy rainfall yesterday.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:41am On Mar 15, 2021
Emempaul:
please can you tell us the size of each self contain and how many blocks you budgeted for each room self con
By the way I am loving the out come of this building
I used 3200-3500 blocks for the five self cons.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by willsonzzy: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Pls what's the size of the rooms and also the size of the toilet and kitchen
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
willsonzzy:
Pls what's the size of the rooms and also the size of the toilet and kitchen
The room is 11 sqm.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2021
Installation of the water lines for the kitchens and the toilets

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wow..well-done Sir.. location is where?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
HopeVictor:
Wow..well-done Sir.. location is where?
Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state. If you want a replicate of this in any location in Nigeria,pls slide into my DM

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
olukaygold:

Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state. If you want a replicate of this in any location in Nigeria,pls slide into my DM
When you finish you kindly let us know the total amount or estimate used..
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
But won't the flat roofing cause heat in the house?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
HopeVictor:

When you finish you kindly let us know the total amount or estimate used..
Okay.keep following
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
Raising of the Storex Tank
Note: we're placing the tank first for other uses(we just completed two bedroom bungalow beside the self cons that'd share the water tank together with the self cons)

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Bbp100: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
olukaygold:
I'm an Expertised Builder,equipped with bunks of experiences grin.after many years at service then I sat down to practicalised what I've learnt so far.Pls stay tuned cool
Note
The project has already completed to roofing level.

I offer bespoke developmental concept house plans from as low as 3,000 NGN. Ideal for pre-architectural design. Contact me on Instagram @bespokebuildingplans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
HopeVictor:
But won't the flat roofing cause heat in the house?
yes good question. Engineer Pls let's know if heat will not be too much cos of d roofing type used. Is it possible to include chimney in this type of roofing?

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
Akerewe:
yes good question. Engineer Pls let's know if heat will not be too much cos of d roofing type used. Is it possible to include chimney in this type of roofing?

Heat can't be a pro here cos we're going for POP for the ceiling, concerning chimney, it's very possible,I'm thinking of including it on my next project to make it exactly America building version according to how people qualified/described the building here.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
olukaygold:

Heat can't be a pro here cos we're going for POP for the ceiling, concerning chimney, it's very possible,I'm thinking of including it on my next project to make it exactly America building version according to how people qualified/described the building here.
already kudos to Engineer, more wisdom

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
No updates?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Qathafi:
No updates?
Next week sir, we're busy with another project (almost completed)
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by keeper303: 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
olukaygold:
Raising of the Storex Tank
Note: we're placing the tank first for other uses(we just completed two bedroom bungalow beside the self cons that'd share the water tank together with the self cons)

I don't know if my suggestion is late. I want to advise that you put tiles under the tank and nearby walls. The second advise is to make more than one opening for excess water from the tank to drain out. The second advise is from my bad experience. Breeze blew debris that covered the only opening and caused water to seep into the room.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2021
keeper303:

I don't know if my suggestion is late. I want to advise that you put tiles under the tank and nearby walls. The second advise is to make more than one opening for excess water from the tank to drain out. The second advise is from my bad experience. Breeze blew debris that covered the only opening and caused water to seep into the room.
Your advice is not late sir, that's part of our plans,though we only put it up temporary for other building to make use of it, we'll still work on it soon. Thanks for your observations
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
Plumbing work
Running of Pipe through the wall and floor for the kitchens and toilets respectively

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
Electrical work

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
We're back to site

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plateau Government Begins Demolition Of Substandard Buildings In Jos (PHOTOS) / Illegal Structures At Oke Afa Demolished By Lagos State Government (Pics) / For Your Perfect Architectural design,Construction&approval In Nig,pls Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.