Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,477 members, 7,850,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho (53438 Views)

Police Not Willing To Arrest Criminal Herdsmen In Ondo – Governor Akeredolu / IPOB Is Worse Than Criminal Herdsmen - Gumi / Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by iamDrRhymes(m): 7:14am On Jan 29, 2021
Sultannayef:

Forget about that. Nigeria has not reached that stage yet.

Why do you say so? I can explain to you
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Freemasonry: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Is it just me or is the Ooni actually speaking from both sides of his mouth?

1 Like

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Danzakidakura(m): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2021
Balkan:
Yoruba is gone!
I hope you didn't judge base on the headline ? Read the message
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Btoyob(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2021
Sold out!!!!!!!!���
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by ScamHunter: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2021
uBuNiT:

The outcome if challenging Fulani will not be funny to the yorubaland ?

Let's forget, yorubas are cowards when it comes to revolutionary moves

People may call Yoruba cowards but do not forget this is existential threat. If you push even a coward to the wall, he'll react somehow. Even the Warsaw Jews reacted when it became obvious to them that the Nazis would exterminate them. At least, the handwriting is already on the wall with what has happened in Southern Kaduna and Plateau. I personally don't see them as cowardly considering their history. Unless they're not the children of their fathers. I did a lot of research on African history although I don't discount the fact that acculturation can change groups. Based on that, before you can classify modern Nigerian Yoruba as cowardly is if they lose more territories to Fulani as they did less than 150 years ago.

Having said that, I think the calamity facing the ethnic groups in this country is accentuated by the lack of cooperation between the Yoruba and Igbo, the largest ethnic groups not yet completely subjugated by the Fulani. This is because these groups have different agenda. The fiercely independent Igbo don't want anything to do with Nigeria due to their enterprising nature. The Yoruba though not in love with Nigeria cannot resist the lure for the free oil money everyone shares from monthly. If these two ethnic groups can find a common ground, I'm sure there's no way what happened to Hausa, would happen to the southern tribes.

You only need to look at North Africa, Dafur region of Sudan and even more recently, Nigeria's middlebelt to understand that it's getting late.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Funkeshuga(m): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2021
Igbo and their wahala, when they're killing you people in East, Obi of Onitsha didn't give a press or even visit but Ooni took the ride on him to meet the president

you expect him to open his mind and tell them his pains against those killing his kinsmen? his position as a traditional ruler is to be apolitical, non tribalist and diplomatic, he only told Sunday to take it easy why he commend his earlier move

Sunday ride on, we dey your back
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Sammy07: 7:42am On Jan 29, 2021
uBuNiT:

The outcome if challenging Fulani will not be funny to the yorubaland ?

Let's forget, yorubas are cowards when it comes to revolutionary moves

Lol, mention any tribe that has as much activist than Yoruba.

Mention any major event that shock Nigeria or causes m mayhem that didn't start in Yorubaland or escalates in Yoruba land.

Some of you ave ew.ure brain honestly.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Trogge: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2021

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by TruthinAction: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2021
Betrayers everywhere. The present federal government will not do anything about it. They are pretending to do something about it but behind the scene, they are backing the herdsmen. This is the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Emmerlee(m): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2021
jimyjames:

Must you mention igbos to score a point? Igbos and Yorubas are not the same, the Yorubas have one voice yes, igbos have million voices cause the voice of every individual counts , igbos don't practice absolute monarchy

Calm down, the guy was being sarcastic grin
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by MummyD2020(f): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
My anger in all these is not that they are speaking up to warn Igboho.
It is that they have been silence to warn Fulani herdsmen until Igboho sprang up.

Why?

One word, assliking! They 'advice' people to thread softly but the the fulani people are not threading softly with their atrocities. Asslicking.

1 Like

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Bigsunny01(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
My anger in all these is not that they are speaking up to warn Igboho.
It is that they have been silence to warn Fulani herdsmen until Igboho sprang up.

Why?

My point exactly

1 Like

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2021
There was a country.

Now it is a village...

Presently, there was a village.

SMH.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by orisa37: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2021
IGBOHO IS DOING TO FULANISATION EXACTLY WHAT BURAITAI DID TO ELSAKSAKY IN ZARIA
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by putin2: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2021
Hahaha before there is no yoruba ,the meaning of yoruba is fake na fulani give them the name,
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by orisa37: 8:02am On Jan 29, 2021
IGBOHO IS DOING TO FULANISATION EXACTLY WHAT BURAITAI DID TO ELSAKSAKY IN ZARIA.

FALANA AND OONI SHOULD PLEASE SMELL YORUBA SPIRIT AND PROWESS IN THIS MIRACLE SUNDAY.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by orisa37: 8:04am On Jan 29, 2021
IGBOHO IS DOING TO FULANISATION EXACTLY WHAT BURAITAI DID TO ELSAKSAKY IN ZARIA.

FALANA AND OONI SHOULD PLEASE SMELL YORUBA SPIRIT AND PROWESS IN THIS MIRACLE SUNDAY IGBOHO.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by PAWG(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2021
I think the Ooni spoke well. On a serious note, most of the people on this thread are irresponsible, judging from the comments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by yusluvad(m): 8:11am On Jan 29, 2021
Yoruba leaders are betrayers...
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by orisa37: 8:12am On Jan 29, 2021

FALANA AND OONI SHOULD PLEASE SMELL YORUBA SPIRIT AND PROWESS IN THIS MIRACLE SUNDAY IGBOHO.

FREEDOM OF ACTIONS IS ALWAYS RECKLESS IN SUBDUED SOCIETIES. THE FULANIS ARE SUBDUING THE YORUBAS IN THEIR HOMELAND. AND THIS IS ANATHEMA TO YORUBA SPIRITS.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by casppyjay: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Naijapeeps:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/28/fulani-herdsmen-ooni-sends-warning-to-sunday-ighoho/amp/
wise man but wrong caption guess it was a click bait though.. but he spoke like a true king.. let everyone be civil and just.. keep it cool ,calm and calculated without appearing weak or incapable/incapacitated..
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by ChoCho54(f): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2021
laiperi:
Smart Oba. He did not take anything away from Sunday Adeyemo.

Sunday made his position known. If they do not heed his warning, he will strike again!
I wonder what those who are against the Oba read. He didn't take anything away from the agitation.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by engrchykae(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Sammy07:

Ooni used that as bojuboju..

I don't know why you all are falling for uh4 grimicks

You except him to visit the president and in turn not say anything to the media

He might not be in support of igboho because of their towns clash but he's not also opposing him

Nah bojuboju things
sophisticated people,Yoruba should be careful before fulani vanquish them
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by samdaisi: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2021
Personally to me Oonirisa spoke well as a Nigeria leader he can't come out openly and start praising Sunday Igboho,even he praised him all what they are doing is just a political gimmicks

2 Likes

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by lawalmovichhhh: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2021
THIS STUPID MAN DON COLLECT MR BROWN.....YORUBA WA.......
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by ogbonti: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2021
obama30:

I use to respect you with faith your man of wisdom.

I don't have any word than to say, I am over 100% disappointed in you.

Even an agboro at garage protect his members before passengers.

Are you a slave trader?

Do you have share in kidnappers ransome?

Do you use the victim kill by this fulanis for ritual?

Until you tell us reason you sold Yoruba's, you're not supposed to continue as a Yoruba's supreme leader

This over grown baby just sold out the yoruba race- even the Alaafin of Oyo was very focused in telling Buhari to man up and protect the western region but the Ooni sold out - so in my eyes “Iku Baba Yeye” is the real leader of the yorubas

Long may you reign Alaafin, you have proven yourself to be head and shoulders above the Ooni. Damn- just look at how this man sold out the west and indeed southern Nigeria to the Fulanis- I am highly disappointed!!!!
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by rollandben(m): 8:25am On Jan 29, 2021
But I didn't expect Ooni to go to Villa on this case,
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Ellasure: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2021
The time is very near when everyone will carry his load.

Asking if Yoruba kings own slaves can come from a person that was not taught history in primary school. Till today Yoruba kings and every king in Nigeria uses slaves and sees everyone under their rule as slaves.

The Onirisa has shown his true colours. One, during the Ife - modakeke war the king and Sunday igboho were on different sides. Now during Yoruba - Fulani battles can they be on the same side?

Yorubas love intercine battles and the Nigerian landscape welcome it. Fulani are never tactical and they do not know limits of battle. Recruiting the Onirisa to their side will make the battle worse and prolong discord.

Sunday igboho has become an enigma because he has demonstrated love for truth and his people. Victory is assured for him.

If the king says calm down and watch what we shall be doing to calm frayed nerves let us give them time say 3 months and see if improvement in peace is achieved. If there efforts failed it will be obvious to all. Their efforts failure will then receive a very loud ovation that will be heard all around the world and many more chief Sunday igboho will answer the call to duty.
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by Whoube99(f): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2021
Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by ogbonti: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2021
samdaisi:
Personally to me Oonirisa spoke well as a Nigeria leader he can't come out openly and start praising Sunday Igboho,even he praised him all what they are doing is just a political gimmicks

Stop talking from both sides of your mouth, the Ooni has security of tenure as the supreme leader of the yorubas- why should he be seeking to please Buhari whose tenure ends in 2 years. time? Moreso, if he can’t come out openly and support Sunday Igboho, then he should sit his butt down at his palace rather than betraying his people before the incompetent Buhari

I once posted here some days ago that these useless traditional rulers who are of no value to the economic growth of their people are a big reason Nigeria and most of Africa is still backward

Someone once told me - If Britain still maintain a monarchy and succeeding why can’t we have monarchies in Africa - my reply was - THE BRITISH MONARCH MAKES MONEY FOR BRITAIN THROUGH TOURISM - I mean tens of billions of Pounds annually, but of what value are these traditional rulers to tourism or any other development in Nigeria IF not to serve as tools of oppression and repression against the very people they are meant to serve?

3 Likes

Re: Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho by IYANGBALI: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2021
iddonla:
Oonirisa
yinmu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Names Of 26 Travellers Killed In Jos North, 34 Others Still Missing / Atiku Reacts To US Travel Ban Against Nigeria / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.