Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing (5678 Views)

We Shall Support You To Succeed — Sanwo-Olu Assures FHA MD / Seyi Makinde: Oyo Won’t Provide Land For Ranching / Benin River Port: Obaseki Tours Edo Waterways, Assures Investors Of Security, .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Lanrelagboi: 4:16am On Jan 29, 2021
To meet the housing needs of residents of the state, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has assured investors, both foreign and local, of the Lagos State government’s willingness to provide unencumbered land for housing development on the basis of mutually agreed terms in the areas of specification of houses to be delivered and duration.

Sanwo-Olu gave the assurance while addressing journalists at the commissioning of LAGOSHOMS Lekki Phase II, Lagos, on Wednesday.
He noted that the commissioning of the project was “to celebrate the fulfillment of one of our promises in the housing sector. At the inception of this administration, we pledged to provide decent shelter for the people.

“This promise was made out of the conviction that housing is one of the basic needs of humans and a critical factor that determines quality of life.”
According to Sanwo-Olu, his administration’s “goal is to ensure that our people live in well-planned communities as it is obtainable in many cities all over the world.

“In the past months, a lot of efforts had gone into completing many of the housing schemes inherited from past administrations.”

He said that while some of these projects are funded through budgetary allocations, others are being financed through joint venture arrangements with development partners.

He stated: “I am happy to note that the LAGOSHOMS LEKKI PHASE II, is a product of a joint venture arrangement between the state government and STB Mortgage Bankers/Lekki Ultimate Company Limited.

“This marks another successful collaborative effort geared towards bridging the housing deficit in the state.”

The governor encouraged capable investors to join force with the government in reducing the housing deficit in this state.

He also assured Lagosians that the state government would not rest on its oars in providing descent accommodation for them, adding: “We will utilise all resources at our disposal to continue to build more homes.

“In the course of this year, the state government’s housing schemes in Igbogbo (360 homes), Sangotedo cluster (744 homes) and Odo-Onosa-Ayandelu (662 Homes) will be commissioned. Work is also progressing on all other schemes and soon, there shall be more evidence of our commitment to the provision of homes for the people.”

Also at the event, Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, the Commissioner
for Housing, said the event was to mark the completion and commissioning of 84 (84) 1, 2, 3, bedroom homes in Lekki Phase 2.

He commended Governor Sanwo-Olu for “indeed making the desired impact in reducing the housing deficit in this great state.”
According to Akinderu-Fatai.
“Barely a year ago, 492 families were presented keys to their own homes in Lateef Kayode Jakande Garden in Igando. Also, the Courtland Luxury Villas in Igbokushu with 120 homes, as well as the Lekki Apartments in Lekki Phase I with 124 homes were commissioned. Within this year, we have provided 252 two bedroom terraced bungalows in a serene environment in Badagry.

“Today, we are here again to release more homes to the people through the commissioning of LagosHOMs Lekki II and LagosHOMs Iponri.”

He restated the state administration’s promise to continue to strive harder to gain and maintain residents’ confidence all the way in terms of housing development.

He added: “No stone will be left unturned in ensuring that decent and affordable shelters are made available to all categories of people in the state.”

https://www.independent.ng/sanwo-olu-assures-investors-of-govts-willingness-to-provide-land-for-housing-development/

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Dayoebe(m): 5:35am On Jan 29, 2021
Meanwhile, today is my birthday!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by helinues: 5:53am On Jan 29, 2021
Nice one... As you are providing housing, upgrade the security as well.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by kpas4kpas2(m): 5:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Provide it well
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by chicent2k3(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2021
Dayoebe:

Happy birthday sir

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by yourgistpartner: 6:31am On Jan 29, 2021
Lagos land is overpriced

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by ec0malchemist(m): 6:34am On Jan 29, 2021
Lagos is highly overrated and the quality of life is extremely low.

Spent over 3 hours yesterday just to get to the island, housing is expensive, transportation is expressing, MC and his boys keep chanting own da from morning till night fall, Lastma guys wan use your shine...

It's crazy out here.

Let me teach you how to import gadgets from US and sell here in Nigeria with offer up and letgo accounts for free

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35am On Jan 29, 2021
Lagos State : The State of Firsts.

Very Good Development.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by GeneralPula: 6:38am On Jan 29, 2021
To think that I kinda underrated this Sanwo-olu..

He’s really trying at Governing..

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Jobato: 6:39am On Jan 29, 2021
It is well
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by harmargedon: 6:39am On Jan 29, 2021
Now the Indians can troop in like bees Into Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by iampeterben(m): 6:41am On Jan 29, 2021
Dayoebe:
HBD Man, LLNP my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 29, 2021
The Govt needs to champion low cost homes aggressively..

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Masterito(m): 6:46am On Jan 29, 2021
Happy birthday
Dayoebe:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by MemoriesAndMe: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2021
Nice idea from a visionary leader!
Unfortunately some elements will prefer he gives the land to them for cattle grazing instead of housing, like they're asking SW governors to do now for their private herding businesses that only benefits them and offers zero employment to no one else.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by MilkyWay09: 7:09am On Jan 29, 2021
nice one Governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Maskyy(m): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2021
I'm on discount promo right now for the cheapest fee

I will create a verified PayPal account that send and receive money to your bank from any country.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Simplebeauty: 7:15am On Jan 29, 2021
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by ecolime(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2021
Land in a good location not jungle
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Fheelzz(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Ojemalad(m): 7:48am On Jan 29, 2021
Dayoebe:
happy birthday to you Alagba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2021
GeneralPula:
To think that I kinda underrated this Sanwo-olu..

He’s really trying at Governing..

Make him come tell the public who ordered the shooting at lekki tollgate protest ground on 20-october-2020. undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by PropertyBuying(f): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2021
Esseite:
The Govt should champion low cost homes aggressively.
And that should be the major area government should direct her efforts, energy and resources.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Sammy07: 8:03am On Jan 29, 2021
ec0malchemist:
Lagos is highly overrated and the quality of life is extremely low.

Spent over 3 hours yesterday just to get to the island, housing is expensive, transportation is expressing, MC and his boys keep chanting own da from morning till night fall, Lastma guys wan use your shine...

It's crazy out here.

Let me teach you how to import gadgets from US and sell here in Nigeria with offer up and letgo accounts for free

But bros, Lagos didn't invite you!
You went there with your two legs

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Bosun13: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2021
Free land no LIGHT
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by GeneralPula: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

Make him come tell the public who ordered the shooting at lekki tollgate protest ground on 20-october-2020. undecided

There was nothing like Lekki shootings...

Orlu shootings is a typical example of a Shooting....

There was real video evidence..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Assures Investors Of Willingness To Provide Land For Housing by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2021
Are they saying lekki phase 2 is for the masses of a compensation to dere political alies.
Or do they expect the masses to afford a house/apartment of around 20m and above

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Diaspora Says Ugwuanyi's Narratives Have Demystified Governance / Lagos 2023: Lagos Chapter Of CAN Endorses Sanwo-Olu / Controversial Pension Thief Judge, Talba Suspended For One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.