Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade (15249 Views)

AFCON Bid: CAF Team In Nigeria, Inspect Stadia / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by robosky02(m): 7:34am On Jan 30, 2021
Vincent Enyeama makes CAF team of the Decade with Asisat Oshoala, three others in for the women

One of Nigeria’s Super Eagles’ most reliable hands between the sticks of the goalpost, the former Lille goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has been named in the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Team of the Decade (TOTD), 2011-2020, by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS).

In the list dominated by players with English Premier League experience, the 32-year-old keeper, who is Nigeria’s joint most-capped player in history with 101 international appearances to his name, is the only Nigerian player featured.

The IFFHS sported a 4-3-3 formation for the positioning and the ex-Super Eagles captain starts in goal for the TOTD. Pyramid’s Ahmed Fathy from Egypt, Al-Duhail SC’s Medhi Benatia from Morocco, Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly from Senegal and Manchester United’s Eric Bailly from Ivory Coast constitute the defense-line.

Consisting entirely of EPL stars, the midfield has Ivory Coast and Manchester City legend Yaya Toure, Swansea City’s Ghana star Andre Ayew and Manchester City’s Algeria dazzler Riyad Mahrez.

The EPL influence stretches into the attack as well. Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, the Gabonese captain, Liverpool duo of Egyptian Mohamed Salah and Senegalese Sadio Mane, who shared the Premier League Golden Boot award for the 2018-19 season were picked as attackers.

Unlike the men’s TOTD with only a single Nigerian representation, in the TOTD for the women, four members of the current Super Falcons made the cut. Two are defenders: Osinachi Ohale defender for Spanish Primera division club Madrid CFF and Onome Ebi player for Henan Zianye in the Chinese Women’s Super League.

The remaining two were Ngozi Okobi attacking midfielder for Eskilstuna United DFF in the Swedish Damallsvenskan League and Asisat Oshoala forward for Barcelona Femeni in the Spanish Primera Iberdrola.

The pair of Ebi and Ohale slot in at left-back and right-back respectively. Okobi is one of two holding midfielders while Oshoala is the main striker.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/vincent-enyeama-caf-team-decade-asisat-oshoala-three-women-343469

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by EricSmallz(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2021
This humble man was very consistent during his days. Unlike other subsequent ones that will impress today, use ball dey bath the next match.
My FTC is dedicated to this;
Please, unless you are a politician, don't just work and earn salaries at month ending. Get a side hustle, business of any kind. I used my last kobo to go to work yesterday, hoping salary will be paid later on, As I type this, them no pay, I no get shishi for hand. I still get bad saving habit sha. But, for the young seeds growing, just learn a thing or two from my lesson undecided

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by cutepaul(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Na so
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by ogub(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Racoon(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
The last best goalie Nigeria ever had.Unfortunately divisive football politics robbed Nigeria from maximizing the potentials in Vincent Enyeama though he flopped greatly in some instances.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by anonym0us: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
alaye
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Ebirra: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by BlackLaw: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
One of the greatest goalkeepers I've ever seen.
He could have been more but he let emotions get the better of him.
Such a shame!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Daytonbale: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
You will never see an Hausa man on the list, Arewa my foot
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by blinking001(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Good for him and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Marvieduke(f): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Nice one, he deserves it. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by cutepaul(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
EricSmallz:
for ur mind angry
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by seunsiju(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Eh ehn
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by christopheojo(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Well deserved accolades he actually proves his worth during his active days in football kudos to him

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by HORLADSTAR(m): 7:43am On Jan 30, 2021
congrats to him.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Jan 30, 2021
He is worth every inch of that accolade.

#RESPECT Vincent.

UP NIGERIA.

Below are 2 of the most iconic images of his career.
He actually framed and hanged it in every corner of his mansion.

No be beans to deny The Best player in the history of Soccer some shots on Goal.

Argue with your half bottle of Ororo cool ) cool cool

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by robosky02(m): 7:44am On Jan 30, 2021
The line up

Goal keeper
Vincent Enyeama

Defence
Pyramid’s Ahmed Fathy from Egypt,
Al-Duhail SC’s Medhi Benatia from Morocco,
Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly from Senegal and Manchester United’s
Eric Bailly from Ivory Coast constitute the defense-line.

the midfield
Ivory Coast and Manchester City legend Yaya Toure,
Swansea City’s Ghana star Andre Ayew and
Manchester City’s Algeria dazzler Riyad Mahrez.

The attack
Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, the Gabonese captain
, Liverpool duo of Egyptian Mohamed Salah and
Senegalese Sadio Mane,

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Favemmzar200(m): 7:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Congras tu he
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by chris259(m): 7:45am On Jan 30, 2021
I remember dat match... nig vs arg... all messi shots and r2 were parried away by this guy... Messi self was frustrated dat day.. He deserves such honour because he has been nothing short of top class in the goalkeeping department... But its kinda shameful dat we could not produce a good midfielder or striker in the last 10yrs dat could have made the list... Take a look at the super falcons 4players made the list!! Compared to urs... the NFF has some serious work to do

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by jieta: 7:46am On Jan 30, 2021
H
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Dimejimichael(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2021
And Mikel obi didn't make the list ?

Bias !

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by bettinglord22: 7:47am On Jan 30, 2021
How on Earth did Ayew and Bailly make the cut?

12 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Taiwojon(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2021
great!!!

believe on Jesus and be save
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by whela(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2021
He deserves it.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Writendearn: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Well deserved. The only African goalkeeper to have up to 20 career goals. That's gonna be hard to beat.

××××××××

Don't scroll past without checking my signature

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by humberjade: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Well deserved...it is Bailly's inclusion I do not understand.

Meanwhile, are you looking to own a landed property in a fast developing area in Benin City, please checkout my profile.

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Uniquejob84: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Hmmm

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by EricSmallz(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2021
cutepaul:
for ur mind angry
grin grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by FreshClever: 7:51am On Jan 30, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by HeadShot: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Dimejimichael:
And Mikel obi didn't make the list ?

Bias !

Mikel was a big flop

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Makes CAF Team Of The Decade by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Well deserved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Are The Women Super League Champions 2021/2022 Season / Oshiomogho Atogwe Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Kelechi Iheanacho: Nigeria Coach Questions Striker's Commitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.