Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? (2890 Views)

My Payback To The Girl Who Broke My Heart. / Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi / Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

It isn't about equal right at all. grin
Kai

The topic is all about reasons why female children are not allowed to leave home in pursuit of their dreams,while in their youth.

But men are allowed to do so
Women should stop comparing themselves to men,and focus on working on their feminity and character
Most of them think the more intelligent they are the more attractive they become but the reverse is the case
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

You know what feminism is but,you keep conflicting your own statements.

I'm not a feminist,just so you know.

All y'all know is how to bring up feminism when in a serious discussion,just to prove void points.

You keep bringing up feminist talking points. If you are not a feminist, then don't keep using their arguments. First, there is no discrimination against the girl child in Nigeria. They are given the same opportunities to go to school and to work as equivalent boy children from the same social strata; maybe even more so. Saying that girl children are compelled to 'sit at home and wait for husbands' is simply disingenuous and absolutely something only a feminist would say.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Yippeedaniel(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Na true na make.. Women just dey prove am more
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Made619(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

A guy can't do that cause there's no opportunity presenting itself.

When a guy see's a sugar mommy, I'm certain he'll jump on the offer without thinking twice.

I get your point sha.
lol Stacy not all guys oh...

meanwhile am glad you got my point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Regex: 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

And who's teaching them??

It's what the society inculcated in them right from childhood and is still is up on till now with the way women dress almost naked this days, showing a lot of body parts and when a boy/man looks, he gets embarrassed or a stern look.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by luwiizy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Know your role and play by your rule.
In Nigeria??
Stop forming Drake here abeg niggar
I'm certain you don't even know what we're discussing.
NO COMMENT
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by GetMeRight: 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

People,especially men when they see a lady who stays alone comfortably without her family tend to think the girl is most likely wayward.

People tend to think;
1) You're irresponsible
2) Possibly have no parents
3) A prodigal child
4) Sponsored by sugar daddies.
5) Prostitute.

What do you think about it and would you allow your daughter live alone if she comes to you with the plan of doing so??

Because majority of them are actually are. We see them around us everyday. No job, no education, just living alone without parents but with their peers. All what they do is................ you know now. Any responsible parent who have girl child should do everything in his power to protect her, give her as much as she needs until she's old enough, empowered enough to be independent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by JayCynic(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2021
StacyO:

Gladly you wrote it to be in your books.

I'll advice you to stop attaching everything logical to feminism.

You can't deny my argument to be false instead,you tell me the reason why it is done or a possible solution.

You actually wrote nothing with all the long epistle you wrote about feminism.

Comprehension is essential.
There's nothing logical about your article, you wrote a bunch of STEREOTYPICAL statements based on your limited experiential evidence and passed it on as though it was a generally accepted norm in society. That's why I told you to understand how stereotypes work before making your assertion. Logic is based on factualities not anecdotes.

Your first statement that women are treated as "second class citizens in Nigeria",

Q: Is that a fact? Where's the evidence

"Young girls aren't granted freedom until they're ready to settle down"

Q: How often does this happen? Do they put a gun to their heads? Where's the evidence that it happens to all the women in Nigeria

"They were not granted privilege to be independent"

Independence isn't gotten by privilege, it is gotten by hard work and self-sufficiency.

If I want to go further, I could go on and on to point out dozens of inconsistencies in your piece. If you're writing facts, present data to back it up, if you're writing an experience, then don't generalize. If you're stating your personal opinion, do it coherently.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

Nice answer.

Now, if you are a parent, if you have two children, one is weak and always sick, the other is strong and rarely go sick, which would you easily let out between the two?

The healthy or strong child.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
JayCynic:

Comprehension is essential.
There's nothing logical about your article, you wrote a bunch of STEREOTYPICAL statements based on your limited experiential evidence and passed it on as though it was a generally accepted norm in society. That's why I told you to understand how stereotypes work before making your assertion. Logic is based on factualities not anecdotes.

Your first statement that women are treated as "second class citizens in Nigeria",

Q: Is that a fact? Where's the evidence

"Young girls aren't granted freedom until they're ready to settle down"

Q: How often does this happen? Do they put a gun to their heads? Where's the evidence that it happens to all the women in Nigeria

"They were not granted privilege to be independent"

Independence isn't gotten by privilege, it is gotten by hard work and self-sufficiency.

If I want to go further, I could go on and on to point out dozens of inconsistencies in your piece. If you're writing facts, present data to back it up, if you're writing an experience, then don't generalize. If you're stating your personal opinion, do it coherently.

Analysing your points,I still believe you gave out an opinion as well.

Conduct more research.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Leshurr:

First she says no gender is superior to the other, next minute she says a woman would rule better than her male counterparts cheesy
Confused fellow.

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Iretii0511(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
StacyO:

The healthy or strong child.

That's the reason it's easier for our parents to want to let go of their male children while trying their best to keep their female children. It's called love.

Generally, the society believed the male child is strong and should be able to cater for himself, that we are less exposed to risk living alone. This is true to some extent if you will agree with me.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iretii0511:

That's the reason it's easier for our parents to want to let go of their male children while trying their best to keep their female children. It's called love.

Generally, the society believed the male child is strong and should be able to cater for himself, that we are less exposed to risk living alone. This is true to some extent if you will agree with me.

Yes.

I got the point behind the whole issue.

*society* *protection*

Thanks for your time.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Iretii0511(m): 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
StacyO:

Yes.

I got the point behind the whole issue.

*society* *protection*

Thanks for your time.

It's a pleasure. How have you been? How has this new year treated you so far? Are you catching up with your new year resolutions?
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Liposure: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
The way a girlchild is brought up is quite different in that she is expected to be prim and decent before heading to her husband's house. And this involves: grooming her in her father's house on the dos and don'ts of a lady; grooming her for marriage. For instance, she is not allowed to leave without taking permission. She is not allowed to attend outings as she's expected to be homely. Any act of disobedience is subject to harsh chastisement. Her life is under close supervision like a job. Even her privacy is infringed upon. But that is africa for you. At the end of the day, such a girl may never experience independence in her lifetime. Although, things are changing, there is still a long way to go.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Liposure:
The way a girlchild is brought up is quite different in that she is expected to be prim and decent before heading to her husband's house. And this involves: grooming her in her father's house on the dos and don'ts of a lady; grooming her for marriage. For instance, she is not allowed to leave without taking permission. She is not allowed to attend outings. Any act of disobedience is subject to harsh chastisement. Her life is under close supervision like a casual job. Even her privacy is infringed upon. But that is africa for you. At the end of the day, such a girl may never experience independence in her lifetime. Although, things are changing, there is still a long way to go.

Exactly the type of comments I wanted to see.

Reasons why it is so. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin Dumped By Girlfriend, Adesuwa After Milking His Riches / Mrs Angelina Okonache Finally Got Wedded At 55 { Picture } / Meet This USA Trained Techguy "Stuck" In Nigeria (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.