Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion (37563 Views)

Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video) / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Roysnickz: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
Richy4:

You know, I did not want to ask him the name of the institution that engaged in practical almost every day..I don't want to do that to him because It will be like calling the devil a liar grin
Stop saying things you don't know
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Roysnickz: 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Congratulations that you went to Australia but that's your business and cup of tea. Because you have a friend who studied engineering, you feel you now know everything that goes on in the faculty and that qualifies to make statements on behalf of your friend. You can as well print your name on a certificate and go in search of engineering jobs since you now know more than those who have been through it.

You mentioned Cambridge to make your wonky opinion a fact but I'm sure you don't even know what goes on within the four walls of that school. I wouldn't be surprised if you quote the Bible to force your opinion down everyone else's throat. I'm only surprised that with all your Australian education, this is how poorly you process your thought.

Just look at your logic. If you're really convinced that the higher the ranking, the higher the practical, then there are a lot you don't know.

Many top schools abroad offer 5 courses per semester. In one department in Unilag's faculty of engineering, they offer 14 courses in one of the semesters and nothing less that 11 in almost all others. Does that mean UNILAG would rank top in the world?

Good luck to you.
Bother no more replying people who seems to be ignorant of what they are arguing.
I studied an engineering course in one of the Nigerian universities but there were semesters, especially, in the 200 level that I had to take up to 5 laboratory/practical courses.
Tell me how I did not had practical/lab almost everyday?
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Richy4(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Roysnickz:

Stop saying things you don't know

Loging in with another name just to say trash won't help. Have a good day..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
Roysnickz:

Bother no more replying people who seems to be ignorant of what they are arguing.
I studied an engineering course in one of the Nigerian universities but there were semesters, especially, in the 200 level that I had to take up to 5 laboratory/practical courses.
Tell me how I did not had practical/lab almost everyday?

Don't mind the coconut-headed Richy4 is just another ignorant thing roaming. They really don't know and wouldn't bother to find out.

1 Like

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by edoairways: 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
AKAyomide:
How can you bring up such ideas!?
Do you know the resources that need to be put in for such learning to be carried out by students' at home!? We are in the country where there is no circumstant power supply. Many students use don't even have a smart phones let alone to purchase data to participate for the E-Learning. The data policy of Google classroom isn't beneficial to students. Just imagine,I am offering four courses in a day and 15 courses in a day weeks, How many gigabyte of data will have yo used to participate in those online classes!? There is poor network Providers such as Globacom network provider. In case of emergency situations to be online and there's no sufficient data and out range of power supply, What do you want such student to do?
Thank you so much!
These are some of the things I pointed out when some persons said their rent and feeding can cover those costs
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by edoairways: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2021
tidalstorm:

madam, stop dey catch feelings. What OP said was the truth. If you go to a public university, the only thing a lecturer does is to give you handouts to photocopy. And if he pleases, he explains a thing or two and tells you to prepare for exams. All this can be done online. Except for the science students OP mentioned who have to go to the laboratory for physics, chemistry, medical etc practicals.
Why most of una dey complain na because una wan leave house come flex freedom for school. Especially all this art students wey nothing dem dey do for school.

Na dem.
Oyigbo and all this private universities wey dey do online classes sef no better pass our public school systems.
So student from department of theatre art , fine and applied art and music would do their practicals online I suppose.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by HigherEd: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
CodeTemplar:
If done well, a data of 1gb at N300 can download 3 hours of 480p lectures.
As a matter of fact ehn some of these classes can be done on audio podcast.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by anthonyuncle(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
SirWarlock:
grin grin. Everybody dey wash plates nau grin

their own worse.

na them just wan komot for house
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Rodwave: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Auladimeji:
But they can spend thousands just to post nude and troll on social media abi?Going to school no be by force ooo

What a very senseless and retar.ded statement.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by slimmax: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
Queenlovely:
It's a wonderful idea but sentiment would not let it work,

But My sister got a nursing certificate online without ever conducting experiment.

What does our science student know self, practical is zero, no R and D. what has the engineer of our university every achieved.

teach them online , both medical students, what we have in Nigeria are glorified secondary school

My major opinion is this: We are happy when we leave our parents house for university, it means freedom and peace of mind, it means independence.

so why do you want people to lose their independence by learning from home,

the same home they want to avoid by all means

Your independence starts the day you gain admission, don't lose it

Hello, please can you hook me up with the link(nursing online) or contact of your sister , I have been looking for such .
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
MedicH:

School is not meant for everybody. If data is expensive, try ignorance.
your stupidity stinks
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
meobizy:
In a different world I would take OP’s point of view serious. His grammatical errors show he should go back to secondary school first.
that HigherEd moniker is a very big fool.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Nitah1: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
AntiFeminism:
you're stupid and dumb
Indeed you have character problem or maybe you are suffering from rebranded covid.

From the first page to the las page you have contributed nothing than insults and name calling, who does that?
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nitah1:
Indeed you character problem or maybe you are suffering from rebranded covid.

From the first page to the las page you have contributed nothing than insults and name calling, would does that?
you've been noticed.
Now fucck off
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by MedicH: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
AntiFeminism:
your stupidity stinks

Your ignorance is even louder than your entire voice. You're on a steady steady low. Pls pass
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by elmessiahs(m): 2:56am On Feb 02, 2021
Gordieshegz:

Bro
You missed that guy's salient point because he did not exhort any disciplines but prioritize them here.

If you had cross examined his submission, you would have seen that he was partly right. Virtually all courses in arts, law, social sciences are classroom based and are often very large crowd. But they can be conveniently taught online.

On the other hand, Medicine, Dentistry, etc have smaller class sizes, and also do daily clinical rotations and case presentations of patients. Also, all science courses have practicals that can only be done in the laboratories on campuses.
These will be challenged if they aren't brought on campuses.

However, my concerns with op's logic are;
1. Megabytes are too expensive to be spent on unlimited zoom meetings.
2. Online teachings are not as effective as everyone thinks.

I have personally started a number of online studies that I could not complete because they were not really interesting to attend.

It is well sha...
Make people just do it and leave the stage.
God bless you my brother.
creative explanation, Thanks bro
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by HigherEd: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
meobizy:
In a different world I would take OP’s point of view serious. His grammatical errors show he should go back to secondary school first.

"In a different world" - that's gutter expression.

OP's point of view seriously, not 'serious'.

His grammatical errors shows not 'show'.

If I need to go back to secondary school, you would need a refund from your primary school grin

2 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by meobizy(f): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
HigherEd:

"In a different world" - that's gutter expression.

OP's point of view seriously, not 'serious'.

His grammatical errors shows not 'show'.

If I need to go back to secondary school, you would need a refund from your primary school grin

Lol. I’ve written for long enough to know which comment will pass the critical examination of a grammarian. I’ll leave you to assume victory. There are many other topics to drop comments on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN / Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.