Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike (18483 Views)

Fubara Sent People 2 Burn Rivers Assembly Complex, Raised Ethnic Politics - Wike / If I Demand N20bn Every Month, It’s Politics’ – Wike Justifies Fight With Fubara / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by nairavsdollars(f): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike on Sunday said the former Service Chiefs failed to achieve much in securing Nigeria because they were fully involved in politics.
President Muhammadu Buhari had last week retired the former Service Chiefs which include Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

They were replaced with Major-General LEO Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, Wike said when security is politicised as done by the outgone Service Chiefs, nothing could be achieved.

While commending President Buhari for listening to the calls of Nigerians by replacing the service chiefs, he admonished the new Service Chiefs to stay away from politics and focus on assisting the President in his task of securing the country.

“Like I said, if you do the right thing, I will commend you. If you don’t do the right thing, I will criticize you. Mr. President has done what every Nigerian have expected that he should have done. We are happy with what he has done but having done it, what is the next step?"  

"The next step is, you that have been appointed, what is your agenda? What are your plans to make sure that security architecture is improved?”

“I have commended Mr President for listening to Nigerians. Whether anybody likes it or not, he did and we should commend him for that even though it came late" 

"Now, those that he appointed,  what is expected of them? Very, very serious”.

“ They must understand that the challenges are enormous and so they have a lot of work to do. They should not involve themselves in politics”.

“Part of the problems we had with the former service chiefs was that they were involved in politics instead of concentrating on the security of the nation. They were very much involved in politics. Nobody can deny that fact. The moment you politicise security, then you are bound to have problems” Wike said.
 https://www.independent.ng/buratai-former-service-chiefs-failed-because-they-were-involved-in-politics-wike/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by drlaykay(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
They are simply corrupt.
Can u explain why they can't launch an attack?
Always defending.

Boko Haram know almost all the movements of the military. They have good source of information within the high military ranks

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Jesse6(m): 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
we pray these ones don't get involve

let them finish these people once and for all na

7 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
embarassed embarassed They were more interested in accomplishing Usman Dan Fodio's mandate of turning the entire country into another Saudi Arabia. It was so much pressure that made the dullard to fire all of them.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by ThatEnuguboi: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nothing but the truth

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by DaddyRochie1642: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
I can already smell incompetence from these new chiefs grin

22 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by CodeTemplar: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
So true. Buratai was having schools named after him while BH was spreading out of NE and gaining strength.

8 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by CodeTemplar: 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
drlaykay:
They are simply corrupt.
Can u explain why they can't lunch an attack?

Always defending.

Boko Haram know almost all the movements of the military. They have good source of information within the high military rank
You do not launch an attack on the north under the one who said an attack on BH is an attack on the north.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Peace is all we want in our nation, not all these political shenanigans.

God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Alababoys: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
grin
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Lamasta(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
That Buratai of a guy especially he needs to be tried the man not worth to be a military COAS in the first place

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Taejimin(f): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
Another news please �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by superior1: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
Besides, they served the dumbest person to be president in Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Hotzone(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fvk burantachi, including Buhari. Any name starting with B.U. seems to be from Buhari lineage

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Xx
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Beastus(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Sai baba till northerners get sense

5 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by slawormiir: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wike the wicked

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by HeadShot: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wike the sokoto father Christmas... Even when it's not December...

A state that can't pay pensioners and half of her populace is in total darkness for weeks.,..

Wike is a disgrace to Niger deltans

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by 143WaZoBia: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wike me I like you because you talk like a real man. You play politics normal but damn you speak the truth and will always have my respect.

7 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Sonnobax15(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
shocked

Ok,we've heard and now we know why Buratai and others scored f9 in all their exam battles...

At least the new service chief should have no excuse to fail since he isn't involved in any kind of politics...
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by abiolaflaks: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmmm, I disagree with you Oga Wike. I think they Nigeria at Large is yet to educate itself about Democracy.
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by omoeast(m): 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Not just that sir Wike...Thank God Buratai was loyal to his master,Nigeria Army now got enough wealth to stage a coup,Dem get moni diee....These are the ppl that made billions of dollars from boko haram due to oga bubu incompetency and he’s Boko accomplice himself ...Buratai self go almost get moni pass 8 years of wike stealing as a governor

BURATAI FAMILY GO FOREVER BE GREATFUL TO BUHARI GENERATION, basically anyone that works in high ranking position right now...Dem get moni dieeee...I swear Bubu go dey collect percentage codely or maybe coz bubu no bi naija e won run us dey...

5 Likes

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Brendaniel: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
abeg, don't justify anything for them, if you are not fit for a Job simply resign, I don't know how africans lobby to get top positions when they know the won't perform same thing with Buhari, you know you are not going there to do anything good, why not let better hands handle the job...

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by Wideoptionss: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Okay o
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by SonOfTheRisingS: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Politicians (governors) are the real enemies of the citizens. Hope those zombies in Nigerian government terrorist uniforms are reading or have heard what politician wike is saying about their stupidity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by jojofola: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rest abeg.
You and the Buratai. Point out the difference.
You both indulged in abuse of Office.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by oluwasegun007(m): 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Politics is part of life.
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by bigdammyj: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Noted
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wike followe for the gay governors ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by ThinkSmarter: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Truth
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by DropsMic(m): 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
True
Re: Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike by JooEeL(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Same Buratai that has Shekau's personal phone number? cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Accurate Is Akeredolu’s Claim On Ondo’s Monthly IGR? - Businessday / WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! / Hassan Lawal Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.