Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,528 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo (17852 Views)

Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / APC Loses Majority In National Assembly / Despite Ban By Saraki, More Lawmakers Join Buhari Support Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Nemere2020: 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
The All Progressives Congress, APC, Edo State has lost two members of the House of Assembly.

The two lawmakers are the former Deputy Speaker of the House and member representing Akoko-Edo 1, Yekini Idaiye and the member representing Orhionmwon East Constituency, Hon Nosayaba Okunbor.

Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Marcus Onobun, during the house sitting on Monday read their letters of resignation from APC on the floor of the house.

According to Yekini Idaiye’s letter; May I use this medium to inform you of my resignation as a member of APC.

“I took this decision because of internal crisis in the party from my ward to the local government level which led to the factions in the party for some time now.

“It is on this note that I have decided to resign my membership of the APC and officially defect to the PDP.”

Hon Nosayaba Okunbor ‘s letter reads; this is to formally inform you of my decision to resign my membership of APC.

“This decision is sequel to the division within the party which has become intractable.

“I have made strenuous efforts to ensure that this division within the party is reconciled in line with the provision of the party’s constitution, but to no avail as the leadership of the party has simply refused to allow the issues involved to be adjudicated upon.

"Consequently, I have no other option than to resign my membership as a lean Liberty they say is better than fat slavery,”.

Onobun welcomed the lawmakers to the PDP and commended their desire to work with the state governor in making Edo great again.

Meanwhile, the House adopted a resolution calling on the state commissioner of police and other relevant security agencies to address the menace of armed hoodlums unleashing terror in Orhionmwon, Esan west and other parts of the State.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/01/breaking-apc-loses-more-lawmakers-to-pdp-in-edo/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Beastus(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
package com.nairaland.comment

public class myComment {

String a = "#EndBadGovernance";
System.out.println("All we want is to" + a);

}

All we want is to #EndBadGovernance

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Bola146(f): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin Politicians cheesy cheesy Hypocrites!

7 Likes

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by WoundedLamb: 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hehe... Politics in Africa is funny; no ideology, individuals just go to any party that favours them at any point in time. And these parties still have supporters who believe they're better than others. Lol.

16 Likes

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by rawtouch: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
shocked

politicians are not loyal in this clime
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by maxjax(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
WGTF undecided
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by iamphilips(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
[/b]Hello, I'm Philip, a Portrait,Fashion and Wedding photographer based in Lagos/Akure.

I'm available for Bookings on all types of shoot.

Portrait Sessions
Family Session
Cooperate Headshots
Fashion and editorial shoots
Birthday Photoshoot
And Wedding photography.

You can checkout my Instagram @philipschisom n @weddingclicks.ng

Like Comment and Follow.... Thanks

Contact on bio [b]
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Otuegbe: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
This one no be news. Any where belle face
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by femlad97(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
the same people keep on fooling us with Apc and PDP
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by ShackWes(f): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2021
chai!!

Dem don chop Osho money

1 Like

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Ardufeh7633: 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
The two lawmakers are the former Deputy Speaker of the House and member representing Akoko-Edo 1, Yekini Idaiye and the member representing Orhionmwon East Constituency, Hon Nosayaba Okunbor.
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Sultty(m): 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by AskProf: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
triple996:
It's ok
That does not change the fact that war and death has come to stay in the east. Another decade of war have just began in the east cheesy cheesy

Pls, tell us more.
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by AchalugoNwa(f): 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin
helinues is still crying for the loss grin

kwem kwem kwem

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by IamFINESSE: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Jirehz(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
triple996:
It's ok
That does not change the fact that war and death has come to stay in the east. Another decade of war have just began in the east cheesy cheesy

It is your fathers house that is at war over your stupidity.

Freedom and progress is here in the east! cheesy wink smiley kiss

8 Likes

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by sandymikky: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Politics without principle.
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Risingblue008(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
The real G-men
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by MrUbaco101: 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
The music continues. Joining and decamping both is better known to them.
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by PapaBaby: 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
Edo is PDP through and through.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by careytommy37(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
tongue
Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by TooMuchStuff: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nice one....

Wetin Manuel Agbaje....of Akoko Edo ll..de wait for

1 Like

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
APCheats VS PDP i g s

1 Like

Re: APC Loses More Lawmakers To PDP In Edo by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Hehe... Politics in Africa is funny; no ideology, individuals just go to any party that favours them at any point in time. And these parties still have supporters who believe they're better than others. Lol.

It's all about short term person interest for them. I was expecting to see something like the "their ideals or values are no longer in line with with those of the party" but alas!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Duke: ‘PDP Lost Election Due To Arrogance,’ Former Governor Says / Anambra North PDP Vow To Kick Out Obiano In 2017 Governorship Election / With Buhari’s Declaration, Let Other Candidates Simply Run Away, By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.