Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,461 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

A Morning In The Life Of A Nigerian - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Morning In The Life Of A Nigerian (244 Views)

Another IPOB Terrorist Gunned Down This Morning In Imo State(vid+pic) / Ladies Need To Be Slap 10 Times Every Morning In Order To Reset Their brain / Life Of The Australian Playboy Bachelor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Morning In The Life Of A Nigerian by Naomila: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nigeria!  A beautiful place with beautiful people they say. But who says?  It's the Rich ones that can afford to go in and out of Nigeria, it's the ones that have relocated abroad that describe to people in this way how Nigeria is like. But ask the Common Nigeria. How is Nigeria right now.Well he tells you nothing but the truth. And the truth depends on his life, his views and what he has gone through. "Nigeria " he would say, "Is a beautiful place indeed. But it's not beauty that would feed me or my family. Nigeria is rich but Nigerians are not. The rich fight amongst themselves for the resources forgetting about the common man or the people they a meant to protect".But isn't this Excatly how Nigeria is,the rich and the powerful fight for the spoils and leave only the scraps for the common man. Pathetic right?. He would then continue, "Nigeria is a hard place to live in, it's filled with hardworking people that may never get the chance to show off  their skills and intelligent people that may just have to forget about their intelligence and look for something that would feed him. Because that is just how Nigeria is. It doesn't reward the hardworking or the intelligent. And no, you don't even want to know who or what it rewards. That would just make you so, so unhappy".This would be the words of the common man.Now would you disagree with him or not? To be frank here only the common man would understand. The rich don't get it, the powerful dont care and those that have gone out do not look back. 

A morning in the life of a Nigerian would start with a sigh. A sigh that speaks volumes. Perharps only someone that has gone through what he has would understand that sigh. He sighs,he gets up and prays, if he doesn't how then can he stay sane.

He eats whatever he sees on his plate, thankful for how much or how little it is. This is what you can't take away from a Nigerian, his gratefulness for even the smallest of things.And finally when it's done,its time to get to work, if he even has one. He looks to his family and smiles, they smile back and it warms him. What else can they do? It's the life they live, not the life they chose. He works all day and comes home late, everyday year in and year out with nothing to show but the chicken change they pay him at the end of each month. Typical life of,"monkey dey work, baboon dey chop".

He does it not because he likes it, but because he has to do it to survive and to keep seeing that smile on the face of his family. Still it is not enough, it is never really enough. His children been kids that they are would ask him, "daddy when would this be over? ".The suffering, the hardship and everything.He smiles and replies, "When it is God's time".What else can he say,I ask you. 

A morning in the life of a Nigerian starts with a sigh, then a smile. That smile says he looks forward to "God's time" everyday. He thinks, "Perharps today is God's time".So that keeps him sane and that gives him the drive to keep on living, to look forward to a new day, with new opportunities and maybe, just maybe a new life. 

I understand this, because I have lived a morning in the life of a Nigerian all my life. 

Who am I? Don't ask. But I will tell you this,I am a person who's learnt too early what life is really all about. 

Re: A Morning In The Life Of A Nigerian by Naomila: 6:41am On Feb 02, 2021
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help: How Can I Get A U.S Account For Sending And Receiving Funds. / 7 Valentine’s Day Gifts For Girlfriend In Year 2021 / Exercises That Stimulate Libido And Boost Sex Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.