Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin (20990 Views)

Joe Okei-Odumakin Celebrates Yinka Odumakin's 3rd Death Anniversary At OAU / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Why Is Tinubu Not Saying Anything About Fulani And Yoruba Fight ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by preacherz: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Lol which war?
War you lost nah war?
War that a civilian turned everything around with words nah war?

Comot for here joor.
If there is any tribe that fought war.
Yorubas
Edo/Benins
Fulanis
Nupes and few others.

That civil war nah just battle of the guns.

Una fear for the FG is really baffling
U shit ur pants at d thought of coming up against them
U sacrificed Abiola for this Cowardice and it’s d
Reason U r asking if a civil war is actually a war??

No it’s a boys scout.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Illorin was under Oba before, today Illorin is ruled by an Emir.

The fulanis are slaughtering your people and raping your mother, daughters and aunties and you're here chest beating.

Leave talk and enter bush and chase these demonic herdsmen out of your lands. Swallow your pride and beg ESN for handouts.

A foool always believes everyone is like him.
You are a senseless Ipob and you are known to be spewing trash all over Nairaland. Yorubas are never chest beaters. That is what iddiots like you refuse to grab. Sunday Igboho said he was going to Ibarapa. The government warned him, threatened him yet he did. They are still on the same threat yet just yesterday he was in Ogun state. Non of your leaders has ever been so brave. They always go on self exile. grin

The Ilorin issue of Afonja was his own doing. Go and read history. If your tribbe has no accurate history. Yoruba has.

Afonja was Yoruba . He had a misunderstanding with one of his brothers and he went to war with him. Instead of calling on one of his Yoruba brothers to help him fight the war, he went to call on Alimi a Fulani. After the war Alimi tricked him and collected the leadership of his town.

Do foools like you expect the other Yorubas to fight on his behalf to regain back his leadership role?

Other Yoruba towns left him to his fate. He behaved stupidly and he had to bear the problem he caused on himself alone because he was a traitor.

In your stupidity you asked Yorubas to go and borrow sense from your illegal ESN grin
foggeting that it was AMOTEKUN that prompted ESN. Who is borrowing sense from who.

Ever since I have been seeing your post here, I have decided you must be the president of Nairaland foools and you never dissapoint to confirm it.
Weldon

8 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by kayjay69(m): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
My point exactly.

We need to understand that history has a way of repeating itself. The fulanis are an existential threat to us and they must be taken as such.

Do you see Turkey and Greece being friends? Or Turkey and Armenia? Or China and Japan? Or North Korea and the USA? The fulanis literally took Ilorin a flourishing Yoruba town and fast forward today you see our shameless politicians rubbing shoulders with the Fulani elite. For this alone, we ought to even be totally anti-Nigeria and pro-independence for Yoruba land but you see hungry gluttonous sick men talking from both sides of their mouths trying to defend the indefensible.

Quite simply put, the fulanis are a mortal foe to the Yoruba people and we must be proactive in not only limiting them but decimating them. Unfortunately, we have been only reactive thus far. And it is due to the weak crop of leaders we have on every level and across every sphere be it religious, political and traditional.
Sammy07:

Well I actually don't fear anything because I know what were capable of.
The war spirit never dies.

My only fear is that, it might be fought on Yoruba soil which will further destroy our economic and infrastructures

2 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

Una fear for the FG is really baffling
U shit ur pants at d thought of coming up against them
U sacrificed Abiola for this Cowardice and it’s d
Reason U r asking if a civil war is actually a war??

No it’s a boys scout.

Go and sleep abeq.
Reason why you organize 1 million march for abacha?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by shaboti: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
KoshCAD:
I dare your father to come out and say this.
I dare you to save your father from being suya-d
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
kayjay69:
My point exactly.

We need to understand that history has a way of repeating itself. The fulanis are an existential threat to us and they must be taken as such.

Do you see Turkey and Greece being friends? Or Turkey and Armenia? Or China and Japan? Or North Korea and the USA? The fulanis literally took Ilorin a flourishing Yoruba town and fast forward today you see our shameless politicians rubbing shoulders with the Fulani elite. For this alone, we ought to even be totally anti-Nigeria and pro-independence for Yoruba land but you see hungry gluttonous sick men talking from both sides of their mouths trying to defend the indefensible.

Quite simply put, the fulanis are a mortal foe to the Yoruba people and we must be proactive in not only limiting them but decimating them. Unfortunately, we have been only reactive thus far. And it is due to the weak crop of leaders we have on every level and across every sphere be it religious, political and traditional.

Agreed!

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by ablejesus26(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
MightySparrow:

When the brave talks, it is echoed by cowards. Mention one warrior of note from your ancestry. Don't talk about fictitious Okonkwo of Things Fall Apart o.

There is no cowardness in the blood of an Igbo man and anyone dat calls the yorubas coward is just a mischief maker

stop taking those troublesome noise makers Ipob

mention just 3 prominent igbos dat have come out to speak nonsense against the yorubas or anyother tribe

no be every igbo man be ipob and no be every ipob be igbo man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
southniyikaye:
I hate it when people talk too much. All they've been doing is online rants and no action.. If this gbege should start fully, people like this either run abroad or hide under their wives bed or even dress up as female to avoid being recognized. Even igboho is beginning to look like an attention seeker to me.. They should start showing actions and not words

By the sound of your Moniker, you are Yoruba.
You are blaming Odumakin and Sunday Igboho. Oga what have you done for your tribe. People like you know how to blame others while not raising a finger to fight for your right.
What is your own contibution besides pointing accusing fingers on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Blackdisciple(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
The fight no be today oo and it's like is coming all over again...

ok
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by AK481(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
see how igbos are supporting yoruba,when the dial is switched and halftime swap is done.yoruba will not return the favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by BanAfter20post: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
shocked
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by mamaafrik(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
quote author=Kwara1stson post=98671473] so sad to read this, the Yoruba antagonist will always be Yorubas. do you think the Yorubas can still overtay ilorin? am from kwara state[/quote]
It only takes a combination of smart Yoruba Governor and Yoruba President,they will use politics,media and military combo,if obj was not a bastard,he would have done it easily
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by billyG(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Dem no dey use mouth fight war ooo!odumakin...saying herdsmen are python is an understatement they have turn to dragon they are since & they have been swallowing yo people tay tay.u will be foolish if they really on Sunday gboho alone to save yo asses....I advice U people to wakeup sango,Ogun from their slumbers d war has started already.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by PointZerom: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Bar1941:

You are too young to know about the wars the Yorubas fought, ask grandpa, am sure he will educate you better about Yoruba warriors, the only issue is they fight reasonably.

I have asked grandpa and he told me that Kwara was taken away from the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
If mouth were to be an atomic bomb.... Afonja would have been a world power.....
Aristotle 1884

"If Chest Beating were to be a strategy of War the Igbos would have won the world war solely unaided" - Hitler 1954

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by NgwalandAba(m): 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Salewa97:

Yes you did!

Keep kwayet there, we are the only tribe to fight the whole country including british and still came out with no victor no vanquish.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by MightySparrow: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
ablejesus26:

There is no cowardness in the blood of an Igbo man and anyone dat calls the yorubas coward is just a mischief maker

stop taking those troublesome noise makers Ipob

mention just 3 prominent igbos dat have come out to speak nonsense against the yorubas or anyother tribe

no be every igbo man be ipob and no be every ipob be igbo man
Where is Nnamdi Kanu? Even in Hausa landed have Queen Idia who led wars. Mention three brave warriors from Igbo land. Is not Obasanjo your heroes submitted to?; Where is your war prowess? The time other major tribes were expanding and Fulanis conquered the north coming to south and Oyo empire from the border of Ghana to Nupe, where were igbo forebears. If not the modern times and international policing.A war between Yoruba and Igbo would be interesting scene to watch even now.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
PointZerom:

I have asked grandpa and he told me that Kwara was taken away from the Yorubas.
Your grandpa was under the influence of Ogogoro when he answered you. Go back to him when the effect of alcohol don clear for im eyes.
He would tell you Afonja betrayed his brothers to have aligned with a stranger Alimi a Fulani to fight a war against his own blood. That was why the whole Yorubas did not support him to regain his throne when he was disposed.

Yorubas hate such attitude.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Kwara1stson: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
mamaafrik:
quote author=Kwara1stson post=98671473] so sad to read this, the Yoruba antagonist will always be Yorubas. do you think the Yorubas can still overtay ilorin? am from kwara state
It only takes a combination of smart Yoruba Governor and Yoruba President,they will use politics,media and military combo,if obj was not a bastard,he would have done it easily
Obj was really a bastard. I heard when OPC tried to he stood as an antagonist
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Protein0: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

He was denied 2nd term as a governor and he was killed too
Did Lawal die in Nigeria?
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by ablejesus26(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
MightySparrow:

Where is Nnamdi Kanu? Even in Hausa landed have Queen Idia who led wars. Mention three brave warriors from Igbo land. Is not Obasanjo your heroes submitted to?; Where is your war prowess? The time other major tribes were expanding and Fulanis conquered the north coming to south and Oyo empire from the border of Ghana to Nupe, where were igbo forebears. If not the modern times and international policing.A war between Yoruba and Igbo would be interesting scene to watch even now.

cheesycheesy Calm down bro you have the wrong customer i no dey follow una dey do all dis childish yoruba vs igbo nonsense e get watin person the pass

check the next guy below me if him go follow you do yoruba vs igbo bcus me ayam not doing
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
NgwalandAba:

Keep kwayet there, we are the only tribe to fight the whole country including british and still came out with no victor no vanquish.

Chest Beating raised to power hundred grin

Your leader should have not run away if he wasn't defeated. grin

You guys DNA is full of unreasonable pride.
I pity you

2 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by PointZerom: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

Your grandpa was under the influence of Ogogoro when he answered you. Go back to him when the effect of alcohol don clear for im eyes.
He would tell you Afonja betrayed his brothers to have aligned with a stranger Alimi a Fulani to fight a war against his own blood. That was why the whole Yorubas did not support him to regain his throne when he was disposed.

Yorubas hate such attitude.

Seems you have filled your mouth to the brim with the same ogogoro you accused my grandpa of.
Your post only confirms what my grandpa told me.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

By the sound of your Moniker, you are Yoruba.
You are blaming Odumakin and Sunday Igboho. Oga what have you done for your tribe. People like you know how to blame others while not raising a finger to fight for your right.
What is your own contibution besides pointing accusing fingers on Nairaland.
what have I done for my tribe? I am in no position to do anything for my tribe but they are influncial and have the financial capability to make an impact
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
PointZerom:

Seems you have filled your mouth to the brim with the same ogogoro you accused my grandpa of.
Your post only confirms what my grandpa told me.

grin e pain am

Na joke I dey joke na.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by NgwalandAba(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

Chest Beating raised to power hundred grin

Your leader should have not run away if he wasn't defeated. grin

You guys DNA is full of unreasonable pride.
I pity you

Defeated by your papa, give me any link that the war ended in defeat useless underslave.

Your mother will be raped soon, coward...have your tribe ever fought before, defeated by muslims from Mali, go and claim Kwara idiot.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
MightySparrow:

Lol, Yoruba and Igbo

Like seriously you disappoint me bro.

Just Ijebu or Egba and Igbo is enough

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Protein0: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
mamaafrik:
quote author=Kwara1stson post=98671473] so sad to read this, the Yoruba antagonist will always be Yorubas. do you think the Yorubas can still overtay ilorin? am from kwara state
The kind of conquering that happened is the previous centuries can not happen again.
The best that can happen is to have the core Yoruba parts of Kwara go to refrendum to decide if they want to join SW or not or use force to get the whole of Kwara be counted as part of SW (with the combination you stated above) in which case the non Yorubas in Kwara would become part of the SW. I personally don't support this. Territories should have the liberty to decide where they want to belong.

My opinion: Yoruba leaders should go on a unification mission to get every Yoruba LG/town/settlement to be part of SW.
These kind of LGs are in Kwara, Kogi, and maybe Delta /Edo.
I hope this would be considered in whatever re-structuring that may be happening in the future. Those are the germaine Yoruba territories that should be reclaimed, not those already being ruled by non Yorubas. The Yorubas of Benin Republic are now gone, for good.
Meanwhile, an average Ilorin Fulani doesn't speak Fulfude sef. They speak Yoruba as their native language.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
Protein0:
Did Lawal die in Nigeria?
Ion even know.
Buh he was killed
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Protein0: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Ion even know.
Buh he was killed
If you insist that he was killed, by who?
He was sick and died in the UK, 3years after he left office.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by pazienza(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Well you're wrong.
This is just the Basics of the message.

SOME of our supposed compatriots of Fulani extraction have been taunting Yoruba to war of late thinking that the people are a senseless group who will fight as a first resort without choosing their battles and weigh the cost of a war.
we are only reminding them.
Many people including you guys are all waiting for us to attack first but no, we don't do that without thinking of the cost and damages, that's why we always use diplomacy(which I don't like anyways) to resolve issues before it escalates.

Read the history wella with open understanding you would see he is reminding them.

BTW, we don't have problem with you guys and kanu whatsoever.
If we have problem with you, you would have know even your brothers would have been giving you update.

What we ask from you is to stay clear of us, let every region pursue her region interest.
We always put our interest/region/people first before anything, I wonder why anyone would call that tribalism.

Igbos and Yorubas have not been in alliance since 1959, and yet you were in government.

I wonder what your alliance will do now?
We can still be a good neighbor anyways.

And yes, we know our common enemy but let each region fights her common enemy the way she can fights it.

The point you quoted I knew was a subtle dig at Ndiigbo for Biafra.
I saw it and purposely ignored it.

It is quite different from the part I highlighted.

The part I highlighted was obviously aimed at reminding Fulanis how useful you were in Biafra defeat and why they need your help in the future and must not make themselves your enemy.

I understand your games well. And yes ! I believe everyone should fight their battles.
And I disagree Ndiigbo share same enemies as Yorubas.
While Ndiigbo want total severance from Fulanis, Yorubas are intertwined with Fulanis in Ilorin and would not favour such total severance. You lots just want a loose relationship with them, and you see Igbo push for Biafra as a card to use to get the Fulanis to dance to your tones.

Nope. Ndiigbo don't share same enemies as Yorubas. We are entirely different people with different goals. IPOB will do well to remember that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary / Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network / 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.