Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Cybercafe Questions: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cybercafe Questions: (577 Views)

Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. / How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money / Setting Up Cybercafe: Do I Couple My Pc's With Gigapro Motherboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cybercafe Questions: by brettmike: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hello All, i'm looking to start a cyber-cafe/restaurant in port-harcourt.

Apparently, port harcourt has a lot of rains during rainy season, hence a C band v-sat service is preferred but not a must. The cyber-cafe section shall be a 30 PC network with hopefully very fast up/down link (dedicated) bandwidth platform.

Questions:

1. The most reliable v-sat company servicing port harcourt for this purpose?

2. Suggestions for bandwidth up/down speed re: 30 PCs, to ensure quick access to uploads and downloads all the time? I'm thinking 256/1024 but i'm open to more suggestions in order to scale down my budget.

3. What is the cheapest and most reliable route to go about this new venture in ph? I'm not interested in fiber optics. Let's focus on KU  vs C band in ph,

The restaurant would have a bar, so i expect the 30Pcs to be fully utilized at some point. Quotations from credible companies are also welcomed here, please feel free to be proactive in your suggestions, case in point ; naija 'not all that glitters is gold' factor. I understand some companies are giving away free c band equipment, is that a ploy to hook up unsuspecting noobs into signing a contract that may not live up to expectation? Answers please, i'm sure some of you on here own cyber-cafes and are conversant with new developments in this business.  Your insight is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cybercafe Questions: by dellnet: 2:57am On Apr 06, 2011
What is 256/1024 in? Mbps? I think you mean Kbps. You should look at atleast 64kbps per PC 64*30 = 1920kpbs (1.86Mbps), seriously with the cost of satellite bandwidth in Nigeria this will be a major hitch. If you are thinking of using C band for your business to avoid rain fade this is not a feasible idea. I would suggest you look into starcomms and MTn and see how they can provide a profitable solution for you. Also not only external network counts, internal network counts to run a successful and profitable cafe business.
Re: Cybercafe Questions: by brettmike: 2:04am On Apr 07, 2011
^^ @ dell_net, i meant kbps. Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously thinking of subscribing to ipnx. This satellite thing is getting too expensive.

What's the deal with starcomms and mtn?

For now, I'm focusing my thoughts on a sports bar with a WiFi capability and some systems as side attraction.

What do you think?
Re: Cybercafe Questions: by Papaemma: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
Thanks for your wise decision but I will still suggest Fiber optics or else

you will be having problems. I have two cafes am managing here in Port Harcourt with fiber optics and we don't

have issues  much and I hope u have d Idea if not look for expert for the set up.

Again 30 systems cannot pay for a dedicated bandwidth. If speed is your priority, it is a function of other factors like

your board, HDD, Ram, software and settings. Other things you look at are the Ergonomics, layout and location

Don't try MTN, Starcoms or IPNX except you want Pupils only.

But if you must insist on V-SAT don't go for any of these Local ISPs or your doomed I have a friend that gives

V-SAT from UK.

If your interested call me 08188249300 or mail me at etradesupportnig@gmail.com.

(1) (Reply)

Pratical & Intensive Ict Training: Join Now! / I Want To Sell My Mtn Conection At A Give Away Price / Sound Device Not Found Error: 08053484490

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.