Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen (41079 Views)

Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni / Mbaka: Is Telling Buhari To Change A Crime, Speaks After He Was Released.video / Many Yoruba People In APC Are Cowards, Can't Tell Buhari Truth - Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Odua1stson: 9:38am On Feb 03, 2021
Popular Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, well known as Sunday Igboho, has said the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, disappointed the Yoruba people when he visited the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), of recent over the herdsmen crisis rocking the South-West region.

The activist stated this on Wednesday morning at a virtual ‘Townhall With Yoruba In Diaspora’ monitored by The PUNCH.

According to him, the monarch failed to convey the pains and displeasure of the Yoruba people to the President during the visit.

The PUNCH had reported that Igboho issued a seven-day quit notice to herdsmen accused of sundry crimes in the Ibarapa area of Oyo State and enforced same.

Oba Ogunwusi after meeting the President, however, urged Igboho not to take laws into his hands.

The monarch had said though Igboho has done well to speak for the downtrodden, it was time he allowed the constituted authorities including the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, to take charge and handle the security challenges in the state.

But the activist said some politicians were behind Ooni’s latest move, adding that the monarch disappointed the Yoruba people by not speaking against the killer herdsmen in the region when he met with the President.

Igboho said, “The monarchs are now afraid but we must keep praying for them to be united with one voice. They should not be afraid of arrest at their age. Some of them don’t even grant audience at their palaces any longer. So, everything is now in God’s hands.

“When Ooni met with Buhari over the herdsmen issue, Ooni should have told Buhari the truth but he did not. When Ooni returned, he started tackling me to leave the remaining task to the government to finish. You can imagine that kind of talk?

“Alaafin of Oyo has asked me to meet him over the matter. Alaafin should have been the one invited to meet Buhari but since the Ooni was invited, he should be bold to tell the President the whole truth and make the demands of the Yoruba people known to the President.”

“The Ooni disappointed himself. Some politicians are behind Ooni’s latest move. He invited me to his palace but I refused to go. I would have gone if he had represented us well but he did not. I won’t honour any monarch who does not cooperate with me. Enough is enough, the Fulani have done enough,” the activist submitted in the teleconference monitored by The PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/ooni-failed-yoruba-by-not-telling-buhari-truth-about-killer-herdsmen-sunday-igboho/#Echobox=1612336727

138 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Odua1stson: 9:42am On Feb 03, 2021
Any yoruba siding those bastard fulani herdsmen will never know peace, he/she will die miserably.

363 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2021
Lol... Clowns!

Nigeria must better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by MsAllison(f): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2021
Hehehehehe you wan make dem sanusi am?

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Fahdiga1: 10:12am On Feb 03, 2021
I don't know how I will describe this people. I haven't seen a tribe so divided and double mouthed like this people.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Mayng01(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by tayeloveme4rel: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2021
nigerians are the problem nigeria

isso rigtthhhh

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2021
It is well.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Moferere: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2021
SUNDAY IGBOHO!!!

Be careful, we won't allow you to drag the Ooni

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by ShackWes(f): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Continue persecuting innocent and harmless civilians. Well-meaning Nigerians are watching...

And Yorubas should continue supporting lawlessness... We dey Nigeria together... Let's see how the movie ends...

God knows I will never support injustice. God knows I will never support anyone or group persecuting minorities.

God knows I will never fold my hands and watch idiots destroy or divide Nigeria.

Before any idiots divide Nigeria, they must first kill me...
Before any idiots burn down Nigeria, they must first kill me.

I am ready to fight anyone who wages war against Nigeria. I am ready to sacrifice my life for Nigeria..

Long live Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria.

I'm beginning to think you are just being sarcastic

this NL just get as e be, they removed my comment where I cursed all those foolish old men claiming leaders that have refused to speak up . Ogun keel any mod defending fulani and their slaves

177 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Vickym1(f): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2021
This guy is attacking the big names in yoruba land... I hope they will spare him with the way things are going

10 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by limeta(f): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Continue persecuting innocent and harmless civilians. Well-meaning Nigerians are watching...

And Yorubas should continue supporting lawlessness... We dey Nigeria together... Let's see how the movie ends...

God knows I will never support injustice. God knows I will never support anyone or group persecuting minorities.

God knows I will never fold my hands and watch idiots destroy or divide Nigeria.

I am ready to fight anyone who wages war against Nigeria. I am ready to sacrifice my life for Nigeria..

Long live Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria.

Easy task
Come edo state i wll help you very fast to your 72 virgins
Gods speed express

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Liposure: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2021
Yoruba leaders are just playing politics with this herdman crisis. Even the ooni i respect so much has joined the fray.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Formularcr7: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2021
Fools will always support lawlessness.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by LibertyRep: 11:17am On Feb 03, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Long live Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria.

Shouldn't you be in Sambisa right now?

We know there's an age long rift between Modakeke and Ifẹ̀, it will be unfortunate if this is allowed to affect the quest to rid the Yoruba forest of criminal elements.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by FalseProphet1(m): 11:59am On Feb 03, 2021
sad
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Gamer999: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
We, the entire people of Kogi state say no to secession, we say no to any form of tribal, religious, political and gender segregation.

God bless Sony interactive entertainment ;God bless the United States ;God bless Nigeria ;God bless Kogi state; God bless the good people of Okene

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by helinues: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
undecided

Shame on all those who have been hailing and praising this miscreant called Igboho

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Wahala wear korkor shoe..

What's Igboho smoking this days? What was he thinking? Was he expecting a slave to tell his Masters the truth about his people??

See me see Wahala ooh

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by naijadrivablog: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hnmmm
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Jagznation(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sunday igboho! Sunday igboho!! Sunday igboho!!! ....How many times I call u ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by PSVITA(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
They are divided because of 2023!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Aredomi: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
I said it

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by GOVERNMENT2: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Clowns!

Nigeria must better.
HELINUES WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SWITCH MONIKER undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by onoms4luv(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Small power dey catch igboho Sha. Make this stuff nor end in premium tears naim be our prayer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by janedonez(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAF Strikes Modu Sulum, ISWAP Chief Who Took Part In Shekau’s Killing / Bloomberg Posted The Seyi Tinubu Property Story Across All Their Platforms / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.