Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? (928 Views)

Boko Haram Calls For Jihad And Invasion In New Video / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Herdsmen Killings: Benue Fires Back At Sultan Over Jihad Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Saao(m): 6:56am On Feb 04, 2021
Please I usually ponder on this. What's the difference between jihad and terrorism? My question is not to insult, malign any religion or anyone, just for knowledge sake.

Thank you for your contributions

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by falcon01: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2021
A very Good question. Jihad Means war war against anything That is against Islam it can be against yourself, Family or society as Long as This people or things are against Islam you Can Jihad them. How do you carry out Jihad? Exactly how you Practice war with Different strategies, With Mouth, Strenght, Sword or Guns, the goal is to terminate the enemies Of Islam. Now while doing this There will be casualties and Those who ain't Muslims or don't support Islam will be the Casualties and to Them that is Terrorrism. As a Muslim I will say this Jihad in this Generation and Terrorism carried out by Extremists Muslims, Muslims call it Jihad while NonMuslims Call it terrorism it's just like the Crusade that the Christian's carried out in the dark Ages that's exactly what Jihad means but Changes where made in the Teachings of christianity and Bible thus washing down The extremism but in Islam Nothing was changed That same teachings That same book that same system is still active, in this 21st Century lot of Islamic Scholars are Trying to Interpret The Quran in a Less Brutal Manner since a Promise has already been made that The Quran can never be changed That's the Only option. My Point here is it's all The same thing as Long as the perpetrators are doing in the name of God. The difference between an Extreme muslims and a moderate is The Later won't participate in Jihad but absolutely Agrees with it.

6 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Jihad is Only war in Islam.

Terrorism is act of creating terror(violence) or using unlawful means for political gain.

Modern day Jihad is a form of terrorism, although it's not limited to Islam as certain Christains also use unlawful means to try to influence the public for political gains.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Opexzy: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Terrorism is the approach used by Jihadist to fight Jihad.

So na bread and butter relationship.

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by YoonSung83: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2021
hmmm
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by after4: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2021
They are the same.

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2021
CC
Thatfairguy1
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2021
CC
Thatfairguy1
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by helinues: 7:57am On Feb 04, 2021
Interesting question

Christians - Crusade
Muslims - Jihad

The modification of bible erase all the violent act

That's why Quran needs to be modified/edited in other to stop the so called Jihad which is instead an act of terrorism.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2021
When I see you people's definition of jihad and misunderstanding of some Islamic act, I always laugh.
I keep reinstating it that jihad isn't what the media put it to be.
Holy Prophet was reported to said "The best Jihad is the word of Justice in front of the oppressive sultan(ruler)" cited by Ibn Nuhaas andd narrated by Ibn Habban

Jihad lingually means EFFORT/STRUGGLE not brutal war you all gave it.
That's why my brother MelesZenawi/Juliusmalema will always ask not to declare fatwa on him grin. I know he sees fatwa as death sentence which is not. It's Islamic stands on an UNCLEAR ISSUE.

Back to jihad (striving), we have 3 forms.
Jihad Jihad against Satan; This is preaching and calling to Islam. And we read in the Qur'an 2 V:256 that "There is no compulsion in religion, the right direction is clearly distinguished from the wrong."

Another form is jihad against oneself:
Meaning striving to be a better Muslim. This is to quit smoking, fornication and adultery, drinking alcohol, not observation 5 daily solat, being good to friends and family (joining family ties) and lots.

The third form of jihad is against an open enemy. THOSE WHO ALSO WAGE WAR AGAINST YOU.
Self-defense

So how you all sees jihad as SENSELESS AND INDEFINITE KILLING SPRAY OF HUMAN like that of Terrorists The Holy Prophet warn us against is not it.

Islam values life that's why we read in the Qur'an 5:32 that “Whoever kills an innocent life, it is as if he has killed all of humanity. And whoever saves one life, it is as if he has saved all of humanity”

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:19am On Feb 04, 2021
[s]
falcon01:
A very Good question. Jihad Means war war against anything That is against Islam it can be against yourself, Family or society as Long as This people or things are against Islam you Can Jihad them. How do you carry out Jihad? Exactly how you Practice war with Different strategies, With Mouth, Strenght, Sword or Guns, the goal is to terminate the enemies Of Islam. Now while doing this There will be casualties and Those who ain't Muslims or don't support Islam will be the Casualties and to Them that is Terrorrism. As a Muslim I will say this Jihad in this Generation and Terrorism carried out by Extremists Muslims, Muslims call it Jihad while NonMuslims Call it terrorism it's just like the Crusade that the Christian's carried out in the dark Ages that's exactly what Jihad means but Changes where made in the Teachings of christianity and Bible thus washing down The extremism but in Islam Nothing was changed That same teachings That same book that same system is still active, in this 21st Century lot of Islamic Scholars are Trying to Interpret The Quran in a Less Brutal Manner since a Promise has already been made that The Quran can never be changed That's the Only option. My Point here is it's all The same thing as Long as the perpetrators are doing in the name of God. The difference between an Extreme muslims and a moderate is The Later won't participate in Jihad but absolutely Agrees with it.
[/s]
You don't say what you do not have knowledge about. who are moderate Muslims?

We do not Condemn it but you all see as we dissociate ourselves from them?

At we spare from their attrocities?
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Jihad is Only war in Islam.

Terrorism is act of creating terror(violence) or using unlawful means for political gain.

Modern day Jihad is a form of terrorism, although it's not limited to Islam as certain Christains also use unlawful means to try to influence the public for political gains.
No that's not what Jihad means
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2021
helinues:
Interesting question

Christians - Crusade
Muslims - Jihad

That's why Quran needs to be modified/edited in other to stop the so called Jihad which is instead an act of terrorism.

Jihad is different from Terrorism.
You only sees it similar Because you do not know the real meaning of Jihad.

The holy Prophet warn us strictly about Terrorism, I once posted the say(Hadith) here. I'll Check my long post when I'm less busy and put it here.

They're extremists who goes beyond bound and only sees themselves as pious.

That's why they kills and maim any Muslim who isn't their member
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Fahdiga1: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Jihad is different from Terrorism.
You only sees it similar Because you do not know the real meaning of Jihad.

The holy Prophet warn us strictly about Terrorism, I once posted the say(Hadith) here. I'll Check my long post when I'm less busy and put it here.

They're extremists who goes beyond bound and only sees themselves as pious.

That's why they kills and maim any Muslim who isn't their member
Shut up you charlatan. don't put mouth in what you don't know. jihad and terrorism are same thing in Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:31am On Feb 04, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Shut up you charlatan. don't put mouth in what you don't know. jihad and terrorism are same thing in Islam.
angry
Fahdiga1, you shall know the truth and shall set you free.

That's the truth and you have no other option than to take it.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by DennisEche(m): 10:34am On Feb 04, 2021
RICE AND RICE, JIHAD/TERRORISM
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

No that's not what Jihad means
I meant holy war.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by nairalandankrah: 11:31am On Feb 04, 2021
To the west, jihad means terrorism
To the Christians, jihad means terrorism
To the Muslims, jihad is a way of life, a tradition..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by div111(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
Saao:
Please I usually ponder on this. What's the difference between jihad and terrorism? My question is not to insult, malign any religion or anyone, just for knowledge sake.

what's the difference between penis and dick cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by chrisxxx(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
You would not understand with the two words.
You would have asked for the difference between Terrorism, Jihad and Islam.
You cant explain the two words without adding Islam. They are synonymous. Just remove any of them and replace with any of them they mean same/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by flamingREED(m): 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jihad is 'holy' terrorism.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by true2god: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2021
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand.. (sahih Bukhari 4:52:220)

Jihad=Terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by superior1: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
Non.

They are both synonyms
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by falcon01: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
[s][/s] You don't say what you do not have knowledge about. who are moderate Muslims?
What does it when you don't Condemn Something Done by your own??
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by DEmejioba1: 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Don't you think you 're terrorizing that guy by your choice of reply. I think you rude!

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by maestroferddi: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
helinues:
Interesting question

Christians - Crusade
Muslims - Jihad

You are displaying your ignorance as usual for all to see...

When was the Crusades? What was the Crusades?

Did the historical occurrence predate the collation of established Bible canon?

Why cant you spare a little effort to update yourself instead of relying on mendacious accounts fed to you by uneducated imams?
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by orunto27: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
MACBAN HAS THE TWO:-
RUGA, ISLAMISATION, FULANISATION AND ANARCHY IS JIHAD.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS.
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by orunto27: 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by orunto27: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Turantula(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
[s][/s]
You don't say what you do not have knowledge about. who are moderate Muslims?

Taquiya!
Draw their prophet carton now and he ransom your head grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Please What's The Difference Between Jihad & Terrorism? by Regene2020: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
Saao:

Jihad is Terrorism simple.

Even though Muslims use Taqiya to divide Jihad into different part, it doesn't stop the fact that there is militant jihad which is equal to terrorism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The 'sunday Igboho Chapter' Will Be Finally Closed / Achievement Of Senator Teslim Folarin In The 9th Assembly / The Largest Palace In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.